Heaven in the Desert Ch. 07

Story Info
Where is Ariana?
4.4k words
4.86
5.5k
9

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/03/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rakshan watched as his sultan fell to his knees in agony. He raced over to Aaryan to check and make sure he was ok.

Aaryan stared ahead and uttered one word, "Ariana."

"Sir..." Rakshan began.

Before he could finish the question Aaryan's hand shot forward, shattering the glass in front of him as he let out a guttural scream.

"Get everyone! Get the whole security team and have them meet us at Ariana's office. We are going to get my son and then we are going to find my wife!" Aaryan shouted.

******

Ariana awoke to the feeling of her body pressed to a hard surface. When she opened her eyes, she realized that they were covered and that her mouth was gagged with a cloth. Panic immediately set in along with the feeling of nausea.

Calm yourself. She chanted to herself.

She had to figure out who had kidnapped her and why. If there was any chance that she could see her family again, it would only happen if she kept her cool and observed her surroundings.

She quieted and listened to the background. She did not raise her head as she did not want to alert anyone close by that she had awoken.

A door opened in the distance and she could hear a man arguing with another man speaking Omashi.

"I don't know what you have gotten me into, but they have shut down the entire capital. There is no way she is getting out of the country that way. She is clearly more valuable than you let on." Ariana heard one man say.

"We will have to take the back roads and smuggle her out to the plane in Kuresh. We only need to keep her 2 weeks. After that, they don't care what we do with her." The other man said in response.

"She's a pretty piece." Ariana heard the first man say.

"Get that out of your mind." Ariana heard a third stronger voice state along with a loud slap. "Let's see if our captive is awake."

Ariana feigned ignorance as she was put in a seating position and the cloth was removed from her face and mouth.

"Water." One of the men said to her and threw some down for her to drink.

"Who are you? Why do you have me here?" Ariana croaked.

"Who we are is of no concern to you." The man with the stronger voice said, he was clearly in charge.

"Why are you doing this?" Ariana asked him. "Is it money? If it is, I can surely give you more than whoever is paying you...I am valuable to the sultan and I am sure he will pay you whatever you would like for my safe return."

"The sultan." The first voice said in shock. All of the men looked tense.

The man with the stronger voice walked out of the room quickly and Ariana could hear him outside making a phone call.

He was arguing with the person on the other side about the sultan being involved and how the price was now higher. He called the two men in the room, out of the room.

They had found out who she was.

"Well, we have to kill her and run." The first voice said.

"Are you an idiot?!? If we kill her, we and everyone in our families will be punished." The second voice asked.

"What do we do?" They both asked in unison to the third man, the leader.

Hatching a plan, Ariana cough loudly and fell to her side. All of the men ran inside.

"Look, I cannot get away from the three of you, surely you could untie me." Ariana said pleadingly.

The men looked at each other before the leader subtly nodded and the second man untied Ariana.

"If you try to run, we will kill your son. He is not well guarded at his fancy school in the capital." The leader said with a straight face.

"Thank you," she said as she flexed her wrist, ignoring the comment and the alarm it caused her.

"I don't know who paid you or what deals you've made, but if you take me to my bank, I will give you all of the money and jewels in my security box. All I ask, is that you do not harm Quadir. If you promise not to harm him, I will get on a plane and go. I will just go home and never come back." Ariana pleaded.

The leader gave her a skeptical look.

Ariana decided her best bet was to lie. Starting to cry she said, "Look less than a year ago this family kidnapped me and tried to force me into marriage. All I want is to go home. I care about the boy but I do not want to marry the sultan. If you all help me get to the plane, I swear it, you can have all of my possessions here. I won't need them; I'm never coming back."

"Here take this." Ariana said removing her wedding ring and giving it to the leader. He looked at the ring in shock. Taffeite was a very rare material.

"I have plenty more and I am sure that alone is worth more than you are being paid. Just please let me go." Ariana said.

The leader gave a nod signaling the other two men to follow, this time they went far enough that Ariana could not hear them speak.

They came back 5 minutes later.

"We will take you to the bank and then to the plane, but no funny business or so help me, the boy will die and you will be to blame." The leader said.

"Ok." Ariana said with a small nod.

They bundled into a rundown sedan and headed to the Bank of Eamla.

"Mahlan, you go inside with her. We will be standing inside by the door...if you try anything, you're dead." The leader threatened.

Ariana and Mahlan made their way inside. She saw the other two captors enter shortly after.

"I don't have my purse, so I will have to get the bank manager, don't worry he knows me, I know what to say." Ariana said placatingly.

"Aaah Miss Johnson." The bank manager said coming over to Ariana with a beaming smile.

"Hi again." Ariana said meekly. When the bank manager looked at Mahlan suspiciously she said "new security."

"What can I help you with today?" the bank manager asked.

"Stupid me, I forgot my purse at home. I came to retrieve some things from my safety deposit box and withdraw some money from my account. Could you help me with that?" Ariana asked.

"Well normally Miss Johnson that is against policy but because this is your home branch and I would not want to anger the sultan, we can certainly do that." The bank manager said, waving Ariana toward the security deposit boxes.

After opening her box, the bank manager put the withdrawal slip on the table and stated, "Just fill this out and hand it to me when you are ready."

"Thank you." Ariana said with a smile.

Mahlan immediately took the paper from her and grabbed the pen. "I will fill this out, you sign." He stated.

"Ok...but I only have 25,000 ukasan in my account. Make the check for that amount." Ariana said in response. When Mahlan looked down to fill the check out. Ariana looked at the camera and mouthed the words I'm sorry and I love you.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a map of the region. An idea sparked.

"What a beautiful map." She said walking over to it. She caught the bank managers eye and covertly unpinned her earrings as if she was pushing back a strand of hair. Looking at him pointedly, she stuck each pin in the map. She then casually walked back over to Mahlan.

"Sign." He said in a gruff tone. Ariana signed the check without argument.

"The paperwork should all be in order." Ariana said as she smiled at the bank manager warmly.

"I will get the items you requested right away Miss." He said and hurriedly departed to do her bidding.

He came back 20 minutes later with the items she requested.

"Thank you." Ariana said accepting the bag and going back toward the sedan.

"I have done all you have asked and I only ask one thing in return. Let me see my son, let me say goodbye." Ariana pleaded handing over the bag.

The leader's eyes gleamed as he took in the sight of the money and the jewels. He then looked at Ariana assessing.

"Fine. But do not dally, I want to make it to the airfield before sundown." He said eyeing the jewels again.

********

Meanwhile

"Sultan." Rafiq said from the front seat of the SUV.

"What is it?" Aaryan said peering over his shoulder to look at the laptop he was holding.

"I set up an alert on Ariana's account. She just drained one of her accounts completely." Rafiq said.

"Head to the bank." Aaryan said with a clenched jaw.

10 minutes later they arrived outside of the Bank of Eamla.

"The sultan and the queen in the same day," The bank manager chattered with glee, "I must truly be blessed."

"Can you tell me what she wanted?" Aaryan said looking around.

Rafiq and Rakshan instantly went over to security to get access to the security footage.

"It was the strangest thing. She came in with new security guards and wanted to empty the safety deposit box and one account. Very odd." The bank manager said walking to the other side of the room.

"And then she did this." He said gesturing to the map.

As he looked at the map, Rakshan came over with a copy of the video. "My sultan." He said and pressed play.

Aaryan lovingly stroked the image of Ariana on the screen as he watched her message to him. "I love you too." He said, clenching his fist.

"Sultan." Rakshan said getting his attention. "I think this pin is the capitol."

Aaryan eyed the map. "This is Quadir's school..." he said pausing to think.

"...and this is Kuresh." Rafiq said coming to stand next to them both.

"Do we still have the men heading to get my son?" Aaryan asked.

"Yes." Rakshan answered.

"Tell them to hang back. I think Ariana is going to see Quadir before they take her to Kuresh. But why Kuresh?" Aaryan asked stroking his jaw.

"There is an old airfield there. They are probably trying to use this to smuggle her out of the country." Rafiq said turning the laptop so Aaryan could see an aerial map.

"Then we will intercept them! We are going to head to the airfield. Tell the men at Quadir's school to follow at a safe distance if they spot her. I don't want them to know they are caught until the very last second. Kill them all, leave no survivors."

****

They arrived at the school and as Ariana knew there would be, there was a bustle of activity around the capital.

"This is too risky." The third man said holding his gun and looking at Mahlan and the leader. The leader looked uneasily out of the window.

"There is Quadir." Ariana said with a gasp and reached for the door.

The leader grasped her arm. "You try anything and we will not hesitate to take you both out. I already have your money and will get paid whether you live or die." He finished with a sneer.

Ariana nodded meekly. "Bastard." She thought.

Ariana stepped out of the car and raced toward her son. "Maman (Mother)." He squealed while giving her a hug.

"Rakkaani (love)." She said squeezing him tighter and turning him around. As she did so she scanned the crowded streets looking for anyone that looked familiar.

"Your father will send someone to pick you up my love but I just couldn't wait to give you kisses." She said trying to remain calm while kissing his face.

"But maman, where are you going?" Quadir asked with confusion.

"I'm going to meet someone, but hopefully, I will see you and your dad very soon. I love you Quadir." She said biting the inside of her check to stop the tears.

"Ok maman, I love you too." He said giving her a big hug.

She walked away from Quadir, head high, shoulders straight and without looking back.

She got in the car, "Ok, I'm ready."

As the car drove away, Quadir was quickly intercepted by Aaryan's team.

*****

"Sir. The team has your son, he is safe." Rafiq said handing his phone over to Aaryan.

"What was said? How many men were with her?" Aaryan asked the guard.

"We don't know sir." The guard answered apprehensively.

"Give the phone to my son." Aaryan said in annoyance.

"Dad!" Quadir said excitedly and blissfully ignorant.

"My son." Aaryan said choked up. "Can you tell me what your mother said to you?"

"Yup. She said she was going to meet someone but hopefully she would be seeing us soon. Where did she go dad? Will she be home for dinner?" Quadir asked innocently.

"Yes, son. I'll be sure to bring your mother home for dinner." Aaryan said in a choked voice. "I love you; I will see you at home."

"I want, chicken fiiingeerrrs!!Love you dad." Quadir said excitedly and ended the call.

"We cannot let me them get her on that plane," Aaryan said clenching his fist. "It would become an international incident to get her back and make us look weak."

"We will get her back sultan." Rakshan and Rafiq said with sympathy.

***********

"The airstrip is up ahead on the right." Said the leader.

As they neared the airstrip Ariana hoped that Aaryan was not far behind. Her plan, STALL, STALL, STALL, RUN, then HIDE.

As they parked near the small private plane, Ariana peered through the fading light at a figure clad in green.

"Well, well, well, I was surprised to hear when they said you are going so willingly but as the saying goes, I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave." said a maniacal voice.

Ariana peered as she was pushed roughly toward the voice. It was familiar to her but she couldn't quite place it.

"I must admit, I thought you were in love with him but once they told me how you begged and pleaded to be rid of him. I was quite shocked. I love it when a plan comes together." the voice continued as Ariana got closer.

"Your reward sir." The voice said and handed over a duffle bag to the leader.

"Jamelia." Ariana gasped finally seeing the voice's face.

"In the flesh dear." She said with a smile.

"Now off you go." She continued with a chuckle. "With America's policies it will be months before they have your paperwork sorted out and you are allowed to leave again. But that's all the time I need."

"But why are you doing this?" Ariana asked and fell to the ground. Her hands secretly scouring for a rock.

"Oh dear...none of that." Jameila said making a shooing upward motion. She walked over to Ariana, attempting to haul her upward.

"And simple...Power! My son should have the throne. Our family line has been denied the title for centuries! And for what? A widower to run the line into the ground after her husband passes away? Or for some playboy to bring some westerner with her ideals and eccentricities to our land...Over my dead body." She said with a chuckle.

Ariana smiled inwardly as she found a rock and clutched it in her fist. Outwardly she portrayed dismay.

"It is time for our rise! Oh..." She began to tsk. "I know you what you are thinking, hahaha, don't get ahead of yourself." She said hysterically. "By the time you make it back to Aaryan we will have all the power and any silly little story you tell will not make it past the servants."

Ariana started to rise off of the ground, covertly holding her fist out of view.

"But look on the bright siiiddde, you'll be able to be with Aaryan and Quadir if some part of you wants that. Penniless...but happy." She ended and burst into laughter.

"Now on the plane with you girl." She said and began helping Ariana forward.

As Ariana prepared to strike, the leader pulled out a pistol, "I think not." He said and fired at his two companions.

Stunned Jameila staggered back and said, "What is this?!?!?!"

"Captain Tawil of SI, your highness." The leader said putting a fist to his heart then pulling Ariana behind him. Ariana gasped as he pointed the gun squarely at Jamelia.

"Eagleheart secured. Viper in custody." Captain Tawil said into a radio.

Black SUVS suddenly swarmed on the trio.

Armed security and a lone regal figure made their way to the group.

Jameila staggered back.

"My dear." Ghani said touching Ariana's cheek with a sad smile.

"You b..." Jameila began but was interrupted by Ghaniyah.

"You will close your disgraceful mouth!" Ghaniyah reprimanded.

"Guards, take Ariana to the car and inform my son she is safe and secure. I would like to have a private word." Ghaniyah said turning her back on the crowd.

As Ariana walked to the car she heard a loud smack, trembling, she continued to the car. What the hell just happened, she thought.

*******

"Aaryan, oh Aaryan, "Ariana began beginning to cry when he answered the phone. "Yes, I am safe my love, your mother is here...Yes I am unharmed. Thank goodness you got my clues, where is Quadir? Ok I will see you soon."

5 minutes later Aaryan arrived. The first thing he did was see that Ariana was fine. He looked her body over, then showered her in kisses before holding her in a tight embrace.

"I'm ok, I'm ok, I'm ok." She chanted as he held her.

He pulled away and held her face in his hands, his eyes communicating words he didn't want to say, "I thought..."

"I know, but I am ok and you know I would never leave you, never leave our family. I love you Aaryan, more than anything." She finished as she kissed his palm.

"I love you too," he said kissing her on the lips.

Holding Ariana's hand, he walked over to his mother. Jameila kneeled on the ground, tears streaming from her belligerent face.

"Mother, what is this? Who is this man?" Aaryan gestured.

"Captain Tawil of SI, your highness," Tawil said repeating the same gesture as earlier.

"SI, mother...what?" Aaryan asked in confusion.

"It stands for Secret Infantry, a little on the nose for me but," she shrugged.

"Oh my son," she said grasping Aaryan's face in her hands. "There will be things you will be privy to as ruler that no one else can know. Some of these things will anger you, some of the things will break your heart."

"Captain Tawil has been undercover for some years now. We became aware of a coup objective 2 years ago by your aunt. The plan accelerated and changed after Ariana arrived and your birthday approached." Ghani began, looking down with disdain at Jameila.

"I always knew she coveted the throne, your father...(sigh) your cousin had nothing to do with this. We have had him watched and thoroughly vetted during this entire process. He will be devastated by his mother crimes." She continued.

"He and his family will still be banished of course." Ghaniyah finished.

"Ghani..." Ariana began and clutched Aaryan's arm.

"Mother we have talked about this, and Ariana and I want a different solution. We do not want to worry about the same thing happening with our children and our grandchildren. We need to end this here and now so it never happens again." Aaryan stated.

"It is settled then; we will eliminate the entire Amini line." Ghaniyah said, face hardening.

"Not the solution we mean." Ariana said with a determined look to Aaryan.

"You cannot possibly be suggesting that we end our reign of power. The monarchy has been under our family reign for centuries, we simply cannot give in to threats!" Ghaniyah stated emphatically.

"And what has that gotten us mother? Family turning against family over that power. You worrying over murder plots by family members against your children and next your grandchildren. No mother, it has to end here. I have learned from my wife," He said kissing Ariana on the forehead, "There is another course."

"We suggest," Ariana began, "The Amini's be given land holdings and a title as well as responsibilities.

"If we integrate the Amini's in our court as royals and family instead of adversaries this may cull the current problem we are facing. Maman...please consider this not only for me, but for your grandchildren." Aaryan finished.

"We suggest a dividing of the territories and each territory is giving a leader. Think of them as a governor. All will report back to Aaryan who remain ruler and sultan." Ariana added.

"I will discuss it with the council...Let us leave here, I am sure you all would like to be home." Ghaniyah said in way of dismissal and began walking to her SUV and motioning for the guards to take Jamelia.

******

12