Here for You Ch. 01-02

Story Info
A story about trust and betrayal.
4.7k words
4.41
30.2k
41

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/22/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is a long story (over 20 chapters) and it's quite slow-paced. I haven't found an editor for this story. It's actually completed and there won't be much to edit plot-wise so if anyone who read this and is interested to help me out with the grammar, please leave me a message!

Hope you enjoy it. Please leave me a comment or criticism as long as it's constructive.

Thank you.

***

Chapter 1

It was New Year's Eve and Ben was on managerial duty at the Chameleon, the nightclub he partly owned. He had almost immediately spotted Elle sitting by the bar, enjoying the Friday night and having fun. She was with a handful of her friends and they were already lining up the shots at their table. Ben radioed the bouncers to keep an eye on them and to report to him as soon as there were signs of trouble.

He walked up to the second floor of the club where there was a balcony that overlooked the bar and dance floor below. There was a private party going on tonight and Ben told himself that he needed to make sure the boys and girls were behaving. He could better survey the dance floor from up here as well, although deep down he knew it was bullshit. He headed straight for the barricade and his gaze landed on Elle immediately. She looked stunning tonight in a black dress and her long dark hair loose. Ben had only ever seen her in her waitress uniform and her hair tied in a ponytail so the difference was refreshing.

But then Elle had always looked beautiful, with big, expressive eyes, button nose and wide, full lips. The dress was quite conservative for nightclub attire, with a high neckline and quarter sleeves, but it was tight, showcasing the curvaceous figure underneath.

He stood there watching as Elle downed another glass of liquor and was surprised that she could hold it so well. Maybe she was not as straight-laced as she presented herself to be during the daytime. He hoped she had a ride home later. Well, it probably wouldn't be a problem, judging from the way the guy sitting next to her giving her all his attention. He seemed nice enough, certainly closer to Elle's age. Ben was by no means old, but there was still a ten-year age gap between his and Elle's.

Ben felt a twinge of jealousy inside him as he watched the other guy pulled Elle close and whispered into her ear. The radio crackled, reminding him that he could not afford to stand here all night watching her; he had a job to do. Regretfully he gave Elle one last longing look only to see that she was already staring up the balcony right back at him.

***

Elle tipped the glass back to drain its' contents. That was when she looked up towards the balcony and saw Ben Garrett, her boss at the diner and the starring of her nightly sexual fantasies for the past year. What was he doing here? He certainly never struck her as the partying type. She coughed as the alcohol burned a trail down her throat and blinked. He was still standing there looking back down at her.

"Hey, you okay?" Taylor murmured into her ear as his hand brushed soothingly down her back.

"I'm fine," Elle replied. "I think I saw someone I know. I'll just go say hi. Be right back, okay?" Without waiting for Taylor's answer, she stood and walked towards the direction of the stairs that would take her up to the balcony area.

She didn't know what she wanted to achieve when she met him, though. Did she only want to say hi to Ben? Probably offer him a drink? Despite working part-time at his diner for close to two years, she never knew all that much about him except that he had a son with an ex. That was probably why it was so easy for her to build this fantasy around him; she liked to imagine how he would be like if they were lovers. To be honest, she felt intimidated by him most of the time because he was her employer, but it didn't stop her from harboring a crush.

But she was feeling good tonight after drinking a few rounds; maybe she could spend some time with Ben and getting to know him better. Maybe he was a warm and nice person once she got to know him better.

A bouncer was standing at the foot of the stairs and held out a hand to stop Elle from proceeding. "I'm sorry, Miss, but this section is closed for a private party tonight."

"Oh, I saw a friend. I just want to say hi," she explained. "It won't take a minute."

The bouncer grinned. "That's what they all say, sweetheart. You'll have to wait here for your friend to come down."

Normally Elle would back down and leave, but not tonight. Feeling obstinate, she gave the burly man a hard glare. "Now look here, buddy. I'm a customer here and I am asking you nicely to let me go up there. Don't make me complain to your boss."

Instead of being apologetic, the bouncer threw back his head with a laugh. "No, you look here, little Miss," he replied condescendingly. "My boss has given me the right to boot your ass out of here if you cause any trouble. So run along now before I call backup." He held up his two-way radio as a warning.

"That's alright, Max. I'll see her out myself," a voice called out from the stairs behind them. The bouncer stepped to the side and Ben walked the last few steps down the stairs to stand next to them. Before Elle could say a word, Ben took hold of her elbow and led her away.

"You must be some sort of VVIP if you could get the bouncer to listen to you," Elle observed as she walked alongside Ben and came to a stop at the short hallway leading to the restrooms.

"You do realize as well that it's not wise to argue with a bouncer," he replied.

"I saw you so I thought I should come to find you, you know, to say hi," she explained as she leaned against the wall.

Ben looked at her for a moment. "Hi," he said.

She grinned, feeling relieved that he played along. "Hi."

"So what now?" he asked, looking mildly amused.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

He shook his head. "I'm working."

Elle blinked a few times as she took in his answer. "You work here?"

"Joint venture with a few friends," he said. "So, technically I own this place."

She giggled. "So I guess I really could make good use of my threat."

"What threat?"

"I told the bouncer that I would complain to the boss if he won't let me upstairs and he practically laughed at me," she said. "I would love to see the look on his face if I told him I do know the boss here."

Ben shook his head. "Max was just protecting you. You wouldn't want to go upstairs, not tonight, anyway."

"Yeah, I know, I know. Private function," she said with a roll of her eyes. "Though I don't think there is anything that's crazier than Becky's Diner at 9 AM on a Sunday in this town."

"No, not that crazy. But it's definitely wilder upstairs." Ben said with a laugh and she thought how sexy it sounded. He looked hot too, as usual. Add that stubble to that swarthy complexion and dark hair and she could feast her eyes on him forever. He was dressed in a black shirt and dark slacks that couldn't fully hide the muscles underneath. She only noticed whilst they were talking that there was the establishment's name emblazoned on the sleeves of his shirt. A shiver travelled down the length of her spine as she imagined ripping Ben's clothes off right there in the hallway. God, she felt horny.

"What time you're finishing later?" she asked, her voice low and sultry.

Ben's warm smile disappeared as he took a step back. "Late. You'd better head back out now. Your boyfriend's waiting."

It took a moment for Elle to register whom Ben was referring to. Taylor was a guy she hooked up with a couple of times before and they were on friendly terms. Tonight was his birthday and he had invited her for a drink with him and his other friends and they would ring in the New Year later. He was certainly not her boyfriend.

She nodded, feeling deflated that she couldn't at least spark an interest in Ben. "Yeah, I guess I'd better not get in the way of your work. Um, I'll see you around." Feeling humiliated, she walked away as fast as she could, heading back outside.

She returned to her seat at the bar and Taylor immediately put his arm around her. "Hey, babe, glad you're back. I've missed you," he murmured into her ear before kissing her cheek.

"Hey, you," she said. "I'm surprised that you aren't drunk off your ass."

"Mmm...it'll take more than a couple of tequilas to make me drunk," Taylor said.

Chris, one of Taylor's friends ordered another round of shots and after her second glass of tequila, Taylor decided to cut her off.

"Can't have you drunk," he said with a wink and ordered her a glass of water.

"Come on, you're killing the fun for the girl," Chris whined. "You can't have her drinking fucking water all night."

"Don't worry, I'm still having my beer," Elle said and laughed when Chris gave her a high-five.

Moments later, another one of Taylor's friends rounded everybody up and made their way to the dance floor. Elle was not much of a dancer so she just stepped her feet from side to side and kept her body movement to the minimum so that she won't accidentally slap someone with her hands. She found more enjoyment in watching Taylor and his friends as they swayed their bodies and attempted to outdo each other with funny dance moves. She laughed at their crazy antics, her embarrassing encounter with Ben momentarily forgotten. The strobe lights flashed colorfully in time to the music and Elle felt like she was having a psychedelic dream.

The music flowed seamlessly from one to another and the songs gradually changed from fast-paced and fun to slow and heavy as the late hour approached. Elle found herself in Taylor's arms again as he pulled her close. She rested her chin on his shoulder and before she knew it, she was looking up at the balcony again. She saw several people standing at the barricade but none of them looked familiar. Sighing with disappointment, she lowered her gaze and decided to just forget about Ben Garrett.

"Thank you for coming to my birthday party," Taylor murmured, pulling Elle's focus back to him.

"Did you have fun?" she asked, gazing into his warm brown eyes.

"I did," he replied. "And you made it perfect."

"Aw, you're so sweet," she said and patted his cheek lightly, his light-colored whiskers prickling slightly. "I haven't been in this scene for like forever. It's good to just relax, have a few drinks and laughs..."

"And how do you plan to thank me?" he asked, his hand palmed her buttocks suggestively.

"I think you have a pretty good idea how you would like me to thank you," she said with a laugh. She hadn't planned on sleeping with Taylor tonight. No, she wanted Ben but he didn't want her. Taylor kissed the underside of her ear and down the side of her neck, and she kissed him back before pulling out of his arms.

"Let us dance first," she said.

Elle turned her back to Taylor and looked at the DJ's station right not twenty feet away. There were a few women dancing around right in front of it, trying to attract the attention of the hot DJ but Elle's sight was fixed on the man standing just behind the DJ. Ben was looking at her and Taylor, scowling as if he didn't approve of them dancing together.

Well, that's too bad, Elle thought. She had given Ben a blatant invitation and he had refused. He couldn't blame her if someone else wanted her. Keeping her eyes on Ben, she pushed her hips back until she was brushing against Taylor. Taylor grabbed her waist and pulled her more forcefully against him until she could feel the tell-tale hardness in his crotch. Elle's eyelids lowered seductively as she gyrate her hips. Ben narrowed his eyes at her and lust coursed through her blood stream, wishing that it was him who was dancing with her. She bit down on her lower lip and gave herself a mental shake, telling her to snap out of it already. Reluctantly she turned back around to face Taylor.

What had she done? Realization crashed down onto Elle that she had used another man to get to her employer. She felt ashamed that she had used Taylor like that.

Taylor was oblivious to her intentions and resulting embarrassment. "Wow," he said with a grin. "That was some birthday dance." Elle was still feeling too mortified from her behavior to form a verbal reply so she only nodded. He ran a hand down the length of her arm, his touch soft and gently seducing. "Do you want to get out of here? Take this to my place?"

Elle wanted to say yes. She needed to release the sexual tension that had been raging through her since she first laid eyes on Ben tonight. And as easy as she could take up Taylor's offer of no-strings-attached sex, she couldn't make herself do it.

She shook her head. "I think I'd better head home. It's getting late," she whispered.

Taylor tightened his hold around her waist. "Hey, I thought we were having fun."

"I just—"

"It's alright, Elle. I know you're using me to attract that guy's attention," he said.

Elle snapped her head up to look at Taylor in shock. "W-What?"

"He had been looking at us for a while now, specifically at you," he said. "You know him?"

Elle decided there was no point lying to Taylor. "Yes, he's my employer," she said with a sigh.

"Are you guys dating?"

She snorted. "I wish. He doesn't want me."

Taylor raised an eyebrow, his expression skeptical. "Are you sure? Because he's looking like he's ready to sock me."

"Shut up," she said but her heart rate picked up at Taylor's words. Maybe Ben was not really unaffected by her as he had made out to be.

Taylor bent his head to kiss Elle, his hands roaming freely up and down her back. She kissed him back quickly before pulling away, hoping he didn't think that she was leading him on. He released her lips to whisper in her ear, "I still can't convince you?"

"No, Taylor," she said apologetically.

He grinned down at her. "It's okay, baby. I chose the wrong place to celebrate my birthday, I think. Let me take you home."

"I'll just call my roommate to pick me up," Elle said. "Please, Taylor, stay. Enjoy the rest of your night."

"No, I think I'm gonna take this party somewhere else," he said and turned around to speak into Chris' ear. Chris nodded before giving Elle a wave goodbye. Taylor put his arm around her shoulders. "Come on, let's go outside and you can call your roommate." Elle casted one last look at the DJ station, searching for Ben, but he was nowhere to be seen. Feeling depressed, she allowed herself to be led away.

***

Ben watched Elle left through the front doors with her boyfriend. He rolled his eyes at the sight of the both of them with their arms around each other. Going to have a roll in the sack, no doubt, he thought. Almost immediately he berated himself for that judgmental thought.

Truth was he felt angry and disappointed in himself for acting like an asshole when Elle had asked him when he was getting off from work. He could have asked if she minded waiting for him in the office whilst he finished up. Then he could have offered to drive her home afterwards. She was obviously drunk; he could take care of her in case she got sick.

Now he had to endure that endless cycle of what-ifs in his mind for the rest of the night, all because he had to act like a stuck up piece of shit.

Chapter 2

Elle came in early on Sunday for her shift at Becky's Diner. She worked here as a part-time waitress in addition to her full-time job at a hotel near the waterfront. Her roommate, Zoe, complained that she worked too hard. Elle was lucky enough to find a good full-time job without a college degree; she was not about to bank on her good luck by relying completely on only one income.

After locking her purse in the cabinet inside the changing room, she pulled in a deep breath to calm her pounding heart. She knew Ben would already be in the kitchen with Paul, chopping and dicing up ingredients in preparation to feed the breakfast crowd. Her face heated at the thought of being in the same room with Ben; how could she face him after that stunt she pulled two nights before?

Technically, she hadn't done anything wrong, but she couldn't help feeling like maybe she had taken things a mite too far with all that dancing. She hoped that Ben won't get the impression that she was an overly easy woman.

She pushed the kitchen door open cautiously. Paul was stirring something in a huge pot, his back towards her and Lily and Rachel, the other two waitresses, were chatting over coffee. Ben was nowhere to be seen and Elle breathed a sigh of relief. She slid quietly into the kitchen so as not to attract attention.

"Good morning, Ella, lovely!" Paul's deep voice boomed across the kitchen.

Elle winced. So much for not attracting attention, she thought.

Lily waved her over. "Come have a cup of coffee. Can't start your day without it," she said.

"Thanks," Elle muttered.

"Late night, Ella?" Paul asked loudly just as Ben came in from the back carrying a large tray of freshly baked bread. Paul's question made him paused for a brief second before he set the tray onto the counter and walked briskly to the chiller door, slamming the door behind him. Elle winced again.

"You don't look so good. Are you having a headache, honey?" Lily asked her.

"I'm fine, thanks," Elle replied. "And no, I didn't have a late night," she called out to Paul and rolled her eyes when the cook threw back his head in laughter. Ben exited from the chiller carrying blocks of cheese and butter in his arms and Paul went to help him. Elle felt relieved as the two men continued with their work and the kitchen returned to its' usual bustling rhythm.

The diner was soon filled with customers. The diner catered for the working class and senior citizens during the weekdays and during the weekends it was always filled with families looking for a place to eat a hearty breakfast before going on road trips and what-not. By eleven the place would slow down a bit and the staff would take turns going on breaks.

So when it was time for Elle to take a break, she was reluctant to go to the kitchen. Instead she went about transferring pastries to the dry heat cabinet.

"Elle, what are you doing? Go on your break," Rachel said.

"I'm not hungry," Elle said even as her stomach let out a perfectly-timed growl.

Rachel grinned. "Fine, don't eat. But you have to take a break. You don't want the boss to think that we're leaving all the work to you." She took the pastry tongs from Elle's hand. "Run along now, shoo."

Elle had no choice but to go into the kitchen where the staffs usually take a break at the small table near the back entrance of the diner. Paul was busily kneading dough to be made into pies and pastries for the next day.

She went to stand next to him. "Hey, Paulie."

"Hey, Ella, lovely," he returned. Paul was in his late-fifties, a tall and rotund man with a jovial personality although he could get a little obsessive-compulsive in the kitchen. "Coming in for your break? There's some pecan pie."

"Thanks," Elle said. "Um, where's Ben?" she asked quietly, noting that Paul was the only one in the kitchen apart from herself.

"He's taking a break right now too," he replied.

Elle nodded and went to pour out a cup of coffee and made her way towards the back. Ben was already at the table, hunched over a glass of iced coffee. Sensing her approach, he looked up and nodded a greeting.

"Break time?" he asked.

"Yeah," she answered quietly, still feeling a little awkward in his presence. Ben's eyelids drooped slightly and that was when she noticed the dark circles under his eyes and his haggard appearance. "Are you okay?"

He sighed tiredly before replying, "Yeah, I'm fine. River's mother called me late last night telling me he had a fever. He had kept asking for me so I went over to watch over him. I think I only managed like an hour of sleep."

12