Here for You Ch. 18-20

Story Info
A story about trust and betrayal.
8.2k words
4.65
8.4k
12

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/22/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 18

Elle arrived at work and glanced at the clock every half hour. She hadn't heard from Ben since the last text. By eleven, jealousy settled in her gut. She began to punch numbers into the keyboard harder than necessary and slamming at the drawers. She had texted Ben an hour ago, but there hadn't been a reply from him. At around lunch time, she was already close to giving up hope that she would hear from Ben when she received a text from him saying that he would be picking River from after-school and would prepare dinner later.

The complete lack of apology left her fuming, but she didn't want to fight with him over the phone while she was at work. So she settled on giving him the silent treatment and didn't bother to reply his text. She realized she was being immature, but she really didn't want to deal with him right now. She decided that they would talk when she saw him later that evening.

Colt was the first to greet Elle when she arrived at Ben's house at five-thirty. "Hey, girl," she murmured and bent to scratch the dog's ear. She could smell dinner wafting out of the kitchen and made her way down the hall. Ben was stirring something in the pot and River was sitting at the kitchen table, playing with his toys.

"Ellie, you're home," River said and stood to give her a hug. Ben turned around with a smile.

"Hey, baby. Dinner's about to get ready," he said.

"Hey," she said, giving his tired face a once-over. "How are things?"

"Not good." He pulled her into a hug. "But I'm better now that you're with me."

"How is Karen?" she asked. She was still feeling bitter but decided to keep it to herself once she saw for herself how miserable he was.

He shrugged with a quick glance at his son. "Let's talk about this later."

After dinner, they all took Colt out for a short walk and by the time they returned to the house Elle had already forgotten about how she was supposed to be mad at Ben for not calling earlier or even apologizing.

She sat on the bed, freshly showered and was reading when Ben came in after putting River to bed. He gave her a smile before heading to take a shower of his own. A few minutes later, he came back out with a towel around his waist and took a seat beside her on the bed with a relieved grunt.

"River and I had a talk this morning," Elle started. "He thinks his mother is mad at him."

"What makes him think that?" Ben asked.

"Probably because for the first time she ever sent him to stay with you for one whole week without explaining the situation to him," she said.

Ben kneaded his forehead wearily. "Shit," he muttered. "I'll talk to him tomorrow." Elle nodded, leaving the decision to him. "When do you think it's best for a person to get therapy?" he asked.

She frowned. "Who needs therapy?"

"It's Karen. She seems depressed," he replied and sighed. "I don't know... it's just... something's off."

"It doesn't hurt to ask her if she wants to go," she said. "You can take her to see a doctor for a checkup."

Ben rubbed the back of his neck. "Maybe I'll talk to her about it. I can't do this shit forever," he said.

"Did you manage to sleep at all?" she asked and put the book on the side table.

"Yeah, for like three hours," he said. "I missed you."

Despite the sweetness of his words, the feeling of resentment returned and Elle said almost petulantly: "Then how come you never answered my text?"

"My phone ran out of juice when I woke up," he said. "I would ask to borrow Karen's phone, but I just wanted to get the hell out of there."

His straight answer mollified her and she figured she should just get over it already. "Okay."

Ben studied her. "Wait, you were pissed."

"I was," she admitted. "I'd be dead if I wasn't."

Instead of looking contrite, a grin formed on his face as he gazed at her, amusement clearly in his eyes. "You're jealous?"

She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him. "Maybe."

Ben's grin widened and he got up to his knees to straddle her hips. Placing his hands beside her head, he loomed over her. "I think we should do something about it." He kissed her and slowly hiked up her sleeping gown.

Her heart was in danger of leaping up to her throat when she saw the intent on his face. "Ben, we can't do this now," she whispered. "River's in the other room."

"Then I guess you'll just have to keep it down," he said as he drew the silky material up and over her head. He palmed her breasts before pulling one stiffened nipple into his hot mouth. Elle ran her fingers through his hair, holding him to her as he licked and sucked at her breasts. His fingers curled into the sides of her panties. "Lift up." Elle found herself abiding despite her reservations, but she wanted this. She needed to feel him. She desperately needed the connection after the insecurities she had been having all day. Ben placed his hands on her thighs and parted them. He grinned and ran a finger easily down her slit. That was when she realized how wet she was. "My girl needs attention."

"She does," she said breathlessly.

Ben kissed her inner thigh once and then settled more comfortably between her legs. Bending, he licked at her pussy and breathed in her musky scent. "I missed my girl. I'm going to make her feel good." And with that, he slid his tongue into her folds. She whimpered when he pushed a finger slowly inside her. He continued to touch her intimately using his tongue and fingers, not stopping until she clapped a hand over her mouth and surrendered to the intensity of the pleasure. He pulled back, feathering kisses down her thighs before leaning up to kiss her on the lips. He reached into the drawer on the side table and pulled out a condom.

Elle put her hand over his to stop him. "Wait, it's my turn," she said.

"What?" he asked confusedly.

"You didn't think you're the only one who gets to have fun, do you?" she asked and pushed at Ben until he was lying on his back.

Ben relaxed back against the pillows with a grin as Elle leaned over to kiss his lips. Her hands drifted down to his chest, sweeping gentle caresses across his torso. "I like this," he groaned, closing his eyes. "It's like a sexy massage."

"Then permit me to be your sexy masseuse tonight," Elle whispered. Ben opened his eyes to look at her as she licked at his skin, seducing him like he always did to her. She flicked his towel open, baring him to her gaze. "I think this bit of muscle needs special attention. It feels," she gently encircled his erection with her fingers, "tense."

Elle was a temptress tonight and Ben loved seeing this side of her. "I wonder what kind of massage you would treat it with," he said, playing along.

"Hmm," she said, pretending to think. "It definitely needs lubrication first to prevent injury." She giggled when Ben's eyes widened. "Don't worry, I'll be very gentle."

"How interesting," he murmured. "Show me."

"My pleasure," she said and lowered her head to slide her tongue along the length. Ben reached down to touch her pussy, sliding his fingers back inside her. Elle pushed his hand away, making a disapproving click with her tongue. "Please behave, sir. Touching is not allowed until the masseuse says so."

"Sorry, ma'am."

Elle smiled at him, her eyes glittering with mischief. "Be patient and you will be rewarded for good behavior." She lowered her head again, taking her time teasing him with her tongue and lips. Ben had to curl his fingers into fists to keep from grabbing her hair and ramming his penis into her mouth. She hummed in approval. "That's my good boy," she whispered before parting her lips and took his cock into her mouth. She sucked and licked, pausing to give his testicles some attention with her hand.

"Elle... baby, I need you," he said.

"You have me," she whispered. She tore open the foil package and rolled the condom on him. She moved to straddle him and balancing on her knees, she slowly lowered herself onto him. "Okay?" she asked breathlessly when she was completely seated with him inside her.

"Perfect," he said. She ground her hips against him, slowly at first, but gradually found her rhythm. Ben tugged her down so that he could kiss her, his hand cupping her bottom. His fingertip brushed against her anus, gently teasing and Elle drew in a sharp breath at the sensation. "Is this okay?" he asked.

Elle paid attention to his touch and she bit her lip, blushing furiously. "Yes," she whispered. "It feels good. But... I think I want more."

"There's a tube of lubricant in the drawer," he said.

"It's still going to hurt, right?" she asked.

"Yes," he said honestly. "But I promise I will go slowly and we will stop if you can't take it. And it is okay if you're not ready."

"I want to try, at least," she said.

"Then I'll be with you all the way."

Elle reached over to open the drawer and right inside was the tube that Ben had mentioned and passed it to him. "Come closer, baby," he said and she leaned down until her chest was touching his. "Kiss me," he whispered. She obliged, closing her eyes as their lips met. His tongue delved right into her mouth and she got so distracted by the kiss that she didn't hear or feel Ben busied himself with the lubricant until she felt his finger pressing against her anus again.

She broke the kiss with a gasp and Ben shushed her. "Relax," he whispered. "Push back against my finger when I say so." His lubricated finger brushed easily against the opening and she grew less apprehensive of the sensation. "Ready?"

With a nod, she pushed back as directed, crying out when she felt his finger breaching her. "Oh God, which finger you're using? It's so big!"

Ben kissed her again. "Is it too much? Do you want to stop?"

She moved experimentally and whimpered when she felt him inside her both ways. It was erotic and dirty, but it was pleasurable at the same time. "It feels good," she whispered.

"Take me then," he said.

With a groan, she continued and Ben moved his finger in time to her motion, pushing and pulling at the tender muscles. Sweat broke out across her skin as she moved feverishly against him.

"Elle, slow down," he said. "Don't push yourself."

She slowed, breathing hard. "I can't come if I'm on top," she admitted sheepishly.

"Baby, it's okay," he said and sat up, holding her to him. "Let me take over from here, okay?"

She nodded. She did feel tired and her muscles quivered from the workout. Ben shifted around until she was lying back against the pillows. He made love to her slowly, making sure to keep a steady pace to keep her continually stimulated. He whispered into her ear, telling her how sexy and beautiful she was and how turned on he had been when she was on top.

Her muscles began to contract on the onslaught of climaxing. "That's it, Elle, let it ride. I got you," Ben whispered. With a cry, she let go, surrendering to the ecstasy coursing through her bloodstream. He pulled away from her to her protests, but he only wanted her to lie on her stomach and he slid a pillow underneath, adjusting it so that her bottom was lifted slightly higher. He only took the time to run his hand down the length of her spine before guiding his penis back into her vagina. Her sensitive flesh parted easily for him and he was fully inside her with one thrust of his hips.

Elle gasped; it felt different this time. It was as if he was even deeper like this and he was rubbing at that spot inside her just right. And oh, she was getting close again.

"Does this feel good, baby?" Ben asked. She could only nod her head as her fingers curled into the sheets. "You feel absolutely amazing."

"Ben, I... I..." she panted.

"I know, baby, I know," he crooned into her ear. He reached down again, sliding his hand between the pillow and her body and before she knew it, his fingers parted her labia and exposed the sensitive clit underneath. With every push of his hips, it caused her clit to rub against his fingers.

Her orgasm hit her hard and fast and she felt her breath leave her lungs with a whoosh. Ben pressed his face to her shoulder blades as he followed her over. It was several minutes later before either could move from the tangle of limbs and sheets.

"Am I forgiven for making you jealous?" he murmured.

"Are you manipulating me with sex?" Elle asked him back.

"I wouldn't risk having my ass kicked by you," he said.

"And what if I say I haven't forgiven you?" she challenged.

"I'll make you dinner, with candlelight and flowers, then I'll make love to you all night and bring you breakfast in bed the next morning," he said. "And I'd do it all over again the next day and the next... until you let me out of the doghouse."

She grinned. "Good answer."

He pulled away from her and turned her until they were facing each other again. "I love you, Elle," he whispered, "So much."

"I love you too," Elle whispered back.

Chapter 19

The Chameleon was buzzing tonight, what with it being Friday and everybody was trying to burn off the week's stress with alcohol and dancing. Ben took off for his usual ten-minute break around midnight, gulping down a bottle of water.

He sighed and attempted to loosen the knots at the back of his neck. He was practically dead on his feet, which was hardly surprising considering he hadn't been sleeping well this past week. He looked forward to spending the rest of the night in Elle's arms.

His phone started to buzz in his pocket and he felt an overwhelming sense of dread settled within his gut. Unable to put off the inevitable, he pulled it out and looked at the screen.

"God damn," he muttered and answered it. "Karen?"

"Ben," Karen said. He could tell she had been crying again. "I'm sorry for bothering you."

He forced himself to pull in a deep breath before replying. "It's okay, Karen. What's the problem?"

She was hesitant to answer at first, but once she started to talk, it was like a dam was broken and she began to blubber. "I... I was already asleep and I had a nightmare... oh, Ben, I'm so scared. Can you come over to keep me company? I'm alone in the house."

Ben closed his eyes and pulled in another deep breath. "Sure, Karen, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you, Ben," she said fervently. "Is River going to be okay? Can I drive to your place instead?"

"No, it's fine. Elle is staying at my place while we are having River over because I have to work all this week," he said.

"Oh, right," she murmured distractedly. "Guess I forgot. Um... am I catching you at a bad time?"

"Don't worry about it," he said. "I'll see you later."

"Okay," she said. "See you later, Ben."

Ben hung up and sighed again. Elle was not going to be happy with this. He lifted his phone again to call her. She should be sleeping by now and he hated to wake her up and possibly scaring her; but he wouldn't be able to get home until dawn, at least, and he didn't want to tell her that through a text message.

"Ben?" Elle answered. As expected, her voice was tight with worry. "What's wrong? Where are you?"

"Baby," he murmured, trying to soothe her. "I'm okay. I'm still at work. I'm sorry for waking you up again."

She sighed. "You are safe, that's what's important. What's up?"

Ben could not miss the wariness in her question. "Karen called me. I have to go check up on her."

"I don't like this," she said.

"I know, Elle. But I can't ignore her now," he said. "I hope you understand that."

"Yeah, I understand," she said with another sigh. "After all, she's the mother of your kid; you would want to look out for her. I guess that's why I love you so much. But it doesn't mean that I have to like it. So I look forward to your performance to get yourself out of the doghouse."

Ben grinned, relieved to hear the words from her. "And I will do so gladly. I love you, too, Elle. I'll come home as soon as I can."

By the time Ben arrived at Karen's house, it was nearing three in the morning. She let him in and pulled him into her arms, nestling her cheek against his shoulder.

"Oh, thank you for coming over," she breathed. "I haven't been able to go back to sleep."

Ben pulled back from her. "Do you want to sit down and talk?" he asked.

Karen must have detected his gruffness. She bit down on her lower lip and gazed up at him. "I'm so sorry; you must be so tired now, coming here straight from work."

Immediately he felt guilty for acting like a jackass. It had only been less than two weeks since Karen's father died and naturally she would still be grieving from the loss. Helping her to deal with the pain was just about the only thing he could do for her. Ben thought back to the days after his grandfather had died; Karen had been there to support him. It was only fair that he offered her his support in return.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Yeah, I'm just tired. But are you okay?"

Karen nodded and smiled. "I'll be fine. I guess I had a panic attack again earlier."

"Maybe you should get a prescription for sleep medication," he said. "It's not healthy for you to not sleep."

"Yeah, I might do that," she said. "But now that you're here, I feel safer so I think I shouldn't have a problem going back to sleep."

"Okay. Why don't you head back to bed? I'll hang out here for a while," Ben said.

"Oh, don't you want to take a rest in the guest bedroom?" she asked.

"I promised River I'll make him waffles for breakfast," he said; he figured it would be easier to turn down Karen's offer to stay if he used their son as the reason.

She ran a hand across her forehead and laughed. "Right, Saturday morning waffles."

"Feeling better?"

"Yeah, I guess so. I think I better catch up on some sleep like you said," she replied. "Good night, Ben. Thanks again for coming over."

He nodded. "I'll lock up on my way out."

***

After working her shift at the diner on Saturday, Elle joined Ben and River for lunch before she had to go back to her apartment to catch up on her laundry. She had sensed Ben was reluctant for her to go, but she needed her own space. When Ben had called her in the middle of the night again to say that he had to check up on Karen, she felt like her insides were being pulled in different directions. On one hand, she felt resentful, but she also realized she was being unfair to Ben. She didn't want to fight with him over this. Thus she came up with the laundry excuse to come home just so she could sort out her thoughts and emotions.

"Hey, E," Zoe called out when Elle entered through the front door.

"Hi, girlfriend," Elle said, glancing at Zoe sitting on the couch with wads of tissue surrounding her. "What's wrong with you?"

"I don't want to talk about it right now," Zoe said. "Done playing house with Ben?"

"Let's talk in my room; I need to sort out my laundry," Elle said with a sigh and walked to her room. She pulled out the dirty clothes from her overnight bag and tossed them into the laundry hamper. "Ben had to work nights this week, so I stayed over to babysit his kid. So it was not as much as 'playing house' as it was as 'making house'."

Zoe took a seat on the bed, looking perplexed. "Why would his ex lets their son stay with him if she knows he would be working nights?"

"She is kind of in a funk right now because of her father's death," Elle said. "Guess she has a hard time accepting it."

Zoe raised an eyebrow. "And judging from that grudging tone of your voice, she is giving everybody a hard time."

"Everybody being Ben," Elle corrected. "She even got him to go over to her place late at night two times not counting the one before her dad's funeral."

Zoe's eyes widened in disbelief. "Oh, you got to be kidding me."

Elle laughed once without humor. "I wish."

"And he just went? Just like that? Is that man an idiot?" Zoe asked in annoyance.

"More like 'too nice for his own good'," Elle said with a sigh. "That's why I came home, just to get away for a little while. She's annoying, but I can't do anything about it because he was just helping out a friend."