Here's What Will Happen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Listening to both of them crying was causing my own eyes to well up.

About ten o'clock that night, we made sure the kids were in bed then sat on the couch for our talk. I was still in the dark as to the nature of our little pow-wow but I could see moisture already building in Linda's eyes as she started.

"I talked to our parents today. Mom and dad got your letter. Boy," she said with a forced chuckle, "dad really let me have it. Actually," she said after a second thought, "everyone pretty much let me have it. Your mom and dad hadn't received the letter yet but I'm sure they'll get it tomorrow so I called to kind of cushion the blow... too bad I didn't think to do that for my own folks. Everybody's so hurt and disappointed in me. Why wouldn't they be, I'm disappointed in myself. I...I just want to say again how sorry I am..."

She wiped the tears from her eyes and continued.

"Also...now don't get mad but I've got to tell you...Audrey called, too. I guess she thought I was kidding when I said we were no longer friends. Anyway, I told again. I told her that if she ever calls me again I'd tell everyone how she tried to sabotage my marriage. She doesn't have many women friends and I don't think she's willing to take a chance of losing the few she has, so I doubt I'll hear from her again."

Even though I knew all about them, I was glad she told me about the calls. I took her hand, smiled, and thanked her for being honest with me.

The following week, Linda went in for her STD tests. To tell you the truth, I never really believed she had actually cheated on me. If she had I don't think Audrey would have been able to keep from rubbing my nose in it. She would have most certainly spilled the beans.

I know HIV can hide in the body for years before showing up but all the other tests were negative so after three months, I finally let Linda back into our bed.

At first our love making was awkward, but Linda was relentless and worked hard to regain what we once had. Even after things finally got back to normal, she would do whatever I wanted and do it with enthusiasm. I think our love making is better today than it ever was.

The marriage counseling sessions helped as well. Audrey and her friend really did a job on my wife. Our therapist made her go over every conversation again and again. Even that Betty's husband got into the act. From what she said, he did his best to convince her that he let his wife play around because he loved her so much. He told Linda that any man who truly loved his wife should be able to put his jealousy aside to make her happy. I really think he was hoping to get into her pants himself, somewhere down the line. One of these days I'm going to have to look that asshole up and personally express my feelings for his assistance in seducing my wife. Between the three of them, they really poured it on thick.

It's been over a year since that ill-fated day and although I've never had the slightest cause for suspicion since then, I still monitor Linda's whereabouts with the GPS once and a while. I also check her phone calls every so often. Once that seed of distrust has been planted it's hard to let it go.

Next month we're going to celebrate her mom and dad's fiftieth wedding anniversary. Looking back at what we went through and where we are today, I'm pretty confident that in thirty-one years and three months, we'll be doing the same.

The end.

12