Hey, Aren't You....

Story Info
An older, gorgeous look-alike returns home to find love.
21.5k words
4.8
51.9k
85
16
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,767 Followers

"Mom, why don't you come back home and live in Grandpa's place? We'd love for you to live here!"

"Oh, I don't know Faith. That old house needs so much work. I should have fixed it up and rented it out when he passed away, but your father and I didn't want to spend the money and now...I don't even want to think about it."

"But you and Dad paid property taxes on it every year and by not renting it out it cost you money anyway. So you either need to renovate it or finally get rid of it, right?"

"I can't argue with that, honey. I suppose I could sell the house here in Chicago and use that money to fix up Dad's place. It would be both pleasant and a little strange moving back into the house I grew up in and left 25 years ago, though," she told her 22-year old daughter.

"Mom, I know you have friends there now, but Katie and David and I all live here and so do all of your old friends, so please consider moving back home. Please, Mom?"

"I have thought about it a lot lately. When your father passed away just having you kids here to visit meant everything to me. But you have lives back in Washington and I knew you could only stay so long. I have to admit I do you miss all the time—a lot."

"Look, Mom. David and I have talked about this and you can stay with us while you're having Grandpa's house remodeled. We'd love to have you. And Katie said the same thing. I'm not supposed to tell you, but I think her boyfriend is about to pop the question any day now."

"Seriously? Oh Faith, that's wonderful! He's such a nice young man. And I didn't say this, but he's very good looking."

"Well I didn't say this, but...yeah! He really is hot! I love David, and he's a very handsome man. But Troy is...yummy!"

"Faith, you're terrible," her mother said with a laugh. "But he is very cute. Doesn't his family own that business out by our old place?"

"Yep. That's them. Porter Homes. They do pretty much everything from new construction to extensive remodeling and their work is top notch. The dad owns it but Troy and his older brother, Dax, do all the work now. Well, the two of them and a bunch of other very talented guys. Oh! And speaking of cute...his brother is even better looking than Troy. Dax is too-die-for hot! It's kind of sad, but he has a beautiful 12-year daughter growing up without a mom."

"Yes! I heard about that. What a tragedy. Poor thing. How long's that been? A year or so, right?"

"No, that was well over two years ago," her daughter told her. "But to get back to something less difficult to talk about and just in case you're interested, their dad, Troy, Senior, is divorced now and still a very good-looking guy, himself, Mom. I'm sure Katie could introduce you."

"Oh, stop!" she said only half pretending to be put out. "I've been on three dates in the last three months and honestly? It just isn't worth the effort."

"Mom? Dad's been gone nearly a year and a half. And while we're on the topic of 'hotties' you're...pretty hot yourself, you know. And don't tell me you're not aware of it."

At 45, Olivia Roberts really was still a very attractive woman. Not living around her two daughters who were now 23 and 21, respectively, after having moved to Chicago with her late husband three years ago due to a big promotion in his advertising business, she was no longer ever asked if she were their sister or friend rather than their mom. But it had happened often enough once Faith turned 18 that it couldn't be mere coincidence that different people who didn't know them said something similar wherever they'd went.

She'd always taken excellent care of herself, and her husband, who appreciated having such a beautiful, youthful-looking wife, had always made sure she had access to a spa and any kind of beauty treatments or products she wanted. The truth was she looked great even without makeup, but anytime she wanted to she could knock it out of the park by putting just a bit on and stepping into a killer outfit.

Unlike most women her age, she could still wear her silky blonde hair shoulder length or in a youthful-looking ponytail. That said, she was finally getting tired of the time it took to wash, dry, set, and style it anytime she did want to dress up nicely.

On top of all that, Olivia's smooth, flawless skin was the envy of every woman at the spa or the country club, a place where her membership came as a perk of her late husband's big promotion. Those same women also told her it just wasn't fair that after having had two children that she could still be a size 6.

"I bet her boobs don't even sag yet!" was a common catty remark often spoken behind her back. The truth was they were a perfect full C and...they didn't.

Olivia didn't know any other widowed women her age so she couldn't compare notes, but then she really didn't care how well other women might be coping with having lost their husband and best friend. All she knew was she desperately missed everything about him from his warm smile to their passionate lovemaking. She'd never tell her daughters but after a very healthy love life when they'd lived at home, it had really blossomed once they became empty nesters. No longer forced to hold back or be quiet because the girls might hear, Olivia became the initiator most of the time, something her husband loved almost as much as her. Now, she was alone and...lonely...night after night.

That first year, nothing had interested her and especially not the thought of sex and most definitely not dating. But the last six months and particularly the last three, she'd found herself well, horny, nearly all the time. She'd been asked out no less than 20 times in those six months and said 'yes' to just three men—the only ones she found attractive enough to date. And of those three, she'd said yes to just one of them.

He was 48 and by far the best-looking man who'd asked her out, and he was also a true gentleman who was intelligent and someone capable of stimulating her intellectually and later—physically. Or at least she'd believed he could and he'd given it his best shot. The problem was he had a serious um...shortcoming.

Olivia had heard the pejorative term 'size queen' before and laughed it off as so much silliness. And why wouldn't she? Her husband was more than adequate in that area and of the three men she'd had sex with before marrying him, all of them had been roughly the same size as the others, so size really hadn't ever mattered. It was a non-issue.

But this man, this still very attractive man, was so small it really did make a difference. She hated that she couldn't get passed this seemingly unimportant issue, but she couldn't. He 'tickled' her rather than satisfied her, and she wasn't ready to throw in the towel on sexual satisfaction no matter what else he brought to the table. His looks and intelligence aside, she didn't need a husband or money and she'd be damned if she'd marry someone she felt she was just settling for in any area that mattered. No thank you very much.

She'd also never admit to having broken down and bought a vibrator for the first time in her life with the worst part of it being that her tiny little 'friend' did a better job than her own handsome male lover. If he was the best she could do, maybe staying single wasn't such a bad thing, especially when the thought of spending the rest of her life with someone she didn't find either attractive or, frankly, big enough, was so completely unacceptable.

"Mom? Hel-looo! Are you listening?" Faith said.

"Sorry, honey. My mind was wandering. What is it you kids say? My bad, right?"

Faith laughed then told her mom, "I guess people used to say that—ten years ago."

"Oh, gee. Thanks a lot, Faith. Way to make me feel really old!"

Both of them laughed before Faith said, "You're not old Mom. Like I said, you're hot. But enough of that. You need to move back home, and please don't make me beg—again. And don't make me have to resort to a conference call with Katie begging you with me, either."

Olivia sighed then said, "Are you sure David doesn't mind or did you twist his arm and tell him not to mind?"

"Mom! Stop! David loves you, too. You know that. Both of us want you to move back home. And don't forget we'll be having your grandchild some day down the road."

Olivia knew she didn't have to physically be in Chicago to sell their home. One of the best friends she'd made in their suburban neighborhood was a real estate agent so all she'd need to do is give her Power of Attorney to sell it and have a moving company pack up her stuff and put it in storage back in the Seattle area until her dad's place was renovated.

"Okay, Faith. I'm in! I'll get the house on the market this week and the movers in here as soon as possible."

"Really, Mom? Oh, my goodness! I am SO happy!!! I'm hanging up so I can call Katie right now, okay?"

Olivia laughed then said, "Okay, honey. Send her my love and tell her I'll see her soon. Or better yet, have her call me. It's been almost two weeks!"

She hung up the phone and for the first time since her husband's death she felt happy and even hopeful as she contemplated moving back to the place where she'd lived her entire life prior to moving to Chicago. She was born and raised in the city of Kent, just 20 miles south of Seattle and then moved to Renton, a larger city north of Kent but still south of Seattle, when she'd gotten married.

Both of their daughters were born and raised there and still lived within ten miles of the house they'd grown up in. She and her husband sold it when they left, but her own father's much older house in Kent, was a viable option. She could fix it up and be less than fifteen minutes from her girls and her future grandchildren.

She was definitely 'in' indeed and couldn't wait to get started!

As she began making plans to go home, Olivia made what was for her a huge-but-easy decision. She decided to finally cut her hair and be done with the hours of prep work needed to style it several days a week.

"You're making a lot of changes, aren't you?" her stylist asked when Olivia told her what she wanted.

"I am. And you know what? It's time. I'm not only moving back home, I put the house up for sale this morning, I have a moving company coming in the day after tomorrow and I'm finally cutting my hair. Yeah, it's definitely time."

"Well, l can promise you this cut is gonna be killer!" the girl told her. "Do you know who Megyn Kelly is?" she asked Olivia.

"Oh, sure. She's that blonde on Fox who had the on-going tiff with the new president-elect. Yeah, I know her. Why?"

"Well...when I finish with your hair, you're gonna look like her twin. I'm not asking your age, Olivia, but did you know Megyn is 45?"

"Seriously? She has three small kids and looks amazing, too. Whodda thunk, right?"

"Anyway, I've always thought you resemble her and if you'll let me, I'm gonna give you her hairstyle. But you better pick up a really big stick—or a stun gun—because that's the only way you're gonna keep all those hot guys out there off you!"

"Oh, you are too funny!" she told her as they both laughed at her comment. The thought of 'hot guys' hitting on her almost annoyed her more than it interested her, but the thought of having a super-cute haircut that could be ready to go in 20 minutes instead of 90 was more than interesting.

"Okay, let 'er rip!" she said after seeing exactly what kind of hairstyle she'd be getting.

When she finished nearly an hour later and showed Olivia the final results, she was speechless. Her stylist pulled out her cell phone, did some scrolling then held up a picture of the well-know fox on Fox and held it up for Olivia to compare.

"Oh, my goodness!" she said. "You weren't kidding."

"Told you," she said. "Don't forget that stick!"

Three days later her house was packed up and the following day she was on a plane from Chicago to Seattle.

******

David and Faith's home in Renton, WA

"Olivia! Welcome. We're so glad you're back home and staying here with us. And...wow! You look great by the way!"

"Well thank you, David! You look very nice, too. I do love a man in suit," she said.

Faith picked her up from the airport around 4am after a lengthy delay getting out of Chicago's O'Hare airport prevented her from getting in the night before at a reasonable hour. She was very lucky to even get out as workers were going on strike the following day at noon if their demands weren't met.

"I gotta run, but's really great to see you again," David said. He gave her a peck on the cheek then kissed his wife goodbye. "Speaking of women who look great, I love you, honey," he told Faith.

"Ahh! You two!" Olivia said smiling at the sight of them still acting like newlyweds six months after their wedding.

David leaned over and said to Faith loud enough for Olivia to here, "You know I've got a thing for Megyn Kelly, right?"

Faith playfully pushed him and said, "Get out of here!" She smiled, looked at her mom, then said, "It is true, though. He watches her show, The Kelly File every night no matter what the topic is. If she'd have David, I swear he'd leave me for her."

Olivia laughed again then thought about the older woman at O'Hare who'd grabbed her husband's arm and told him rather loudly, "Wayne! Look over there! It's that Megyn Kelly woman. You know, the one that gave our wonderful president-elect such a hard time! She's a terrible person and she's getting rich from it with her new book. Some people!"

Olivia couldn't help but smile and wonder if she might get pelted with eggs or asked for her autograph depending on the other person felt about this Kelly woman. Either way, her stylist was on the money. This new haircut really did make her out to look very much like the Fox anchor.

Once David left, Olivia had to ask. "So why did you decide to finally cut your hair, Mom? It looks amazing, by the way, but you've never worn it short before."

"Thanks, honey," she told her. "I just got sick of it, you know? Your dad loved it long so I never...."

"Ha! What man doesn't?" Faith said cutting her off. David would kill me if I did that. I'm more than a little envious. It looks so easy to deal with! Did you bleach it a little lighter?"

"I did. I've obviously been blonde all my life. I just wanted to be something other than honey blonde. Is it too much?"

"Hardly. Trust me, that's gonna get you a lot of attention. Well, that and your hot body and your pretty face, and...."

"Okay, okay. Thank you again, but 'attention' is not something I'm looking for or even want. I miss your father terribly and I can't change that. But you know what? I think I kind of like being single. And now that I'm back with my girls and family, I don't need anyone else. Well, except maybe a grandchild. Did I mention I'm very excited about that possibility?"

Faith laughed as her mom had mentioned twice already. Olivia saw the way Faith was looking at her and knew it had to do with her declaration of enjoying being single.

She looked right at her daughter and told her, "No, I'm serious. I'm quite content living alone."

As long as she had her buzzy little friend to take care of certain needs, she saw no reason to go through the painful process of dating trying to find someone new. No, being single wasn't such a bad thing after all.

"All right. I'm not gonna try and play matchmaker. When you're ready, you'll be ready. So...let's get you settled in then we can go take a look at Grandpa's house then get ahold of Troy and have him come take a look."

"You said they can do everything, right?" Olivia asked.

"As far as I know. I watch those Flip or Flop shows all the time. I'm beginning to think I may be addicted to them. Anyway, they sometimes they have to call in a special guy or some unique service company to level the house or...."

"Level the house? Oh, my goodness! How much would something like that even cost?"

"Mom? Relax! I'm not saying Grandpa's house needs anything exotic done to it. We're just getting an estimate. But everything is just so dated. You should plan on doing a 'full gut'. Rip everything out and replace it. Oh, the roof, too. I'm guessing $40-$50k should do it."

"You did not just say fifty-thousand dollars, did you?" Olivia said unable to believe what she'd just heard.

"Mom, that's a steal! You'd have to pay close to a half million in this area to get a house like that and you'd still have to renovate it. You own it outright so you use fifty grand from the sale of your house in Chicago you keep the rest and invest it. This is a huge bargain!"

"Well, okay. That makes a lot of sense," Olivia replied. "It just sounded so outrageous."

"It could be more or less, but that seems like a pretty good ballpark figure. We'll know in a couple of days though, right?" Faith said cheerfully. "I didn't even ask before just assuming you'd want to drive down to Kent. Did you maybe want to take a nap first? You must be exhausted."

"Oh, no. No way. I'm too wired to sleep and besides, I don't want to be up until 3am and if I nap now, that's exactly what'll happen. I'll tough it out today. Besides, Chicago is ahead of Seattle so I should be able to stay up until a reasonable hour local time."

They arrived in Kent about a half hour later and the first thing both of them noticed was the yard. It was a mess of weeds and junk and in sore need of some TLC.

"Talk about a lack of curb appeal," Faith said. "I haven't been out here in forever. Oh, look. Several of the windows have been busted out, too. Great!"

As bad as the outside was, it was nothing compared to the disaster awaiting on them on the inside.

"Who would do this?" Olivia asked as she looked around. Trash and...stuff...was everywhere.

"Someone's been living here," Faith said. The smell was even worse than the unsightly mess of junk.

"Do you think someone's here? Right now?" Olivia said suddenly very afraid.

"Um...I don't know, Mom. Maybe we should call the police. What do you think?"

Olivia thought about and realized there was probably no real danger. "No, let's go upstairs and check it out. Just cover your nose with something. This is...awful!"

There was no one upstairs, but it was just as bad as the main floor.

"We've got water damage, too, Mom. And that could mean mold. This is a lot worse than I was thinking."

"More than fifty-thousand bad? she asked.

"Maybe," Faith said. She turned to her mom as they walked out then said, "Um...probably. Troy can let us know for sure, but I really do think absolutely everything has to go. Tear it right down to the studs and start over."

The next morning they were back at the house at 9am and Troy had just arrived. He was walking around looking at the outside when they called out to him.

"Oh, hey Faith!" he said as he stopped looking and headed toward them.

They hugged and said hello then Faith introduced her mom.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Roberts."

"Olivia," she said with a smile as they shook hands. "You were right, honey, he is a hot...."

"Mom!" Faith said. "Enough already, okay?"

"I've only seen pictures that Katie sent me, so I knew Troy was a nice-looking young man, I just thought I'd let you know you were right."

Faith narrowed her eyes and glowered at her before they both laughed.

Troy laughed then said, "Has anyone ever told you how much you look like that woman on Fox News, Olivia?"

She and Faith both laughed without answering.

Troy had no idea why they were laughing and didn't ask. "Come on, let's go see what the damage is gonna be," Troy suggested.

As they went from room to room the tab kept growing. The only good news so far was that the house was level.

"How's your dad doing, Troy?" Faith asked drawing a 'look' from her Mom.

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,767 Followers