Hi Daddy

Story Info
Protective father jumps to conclusion.
859 words
4.05
10.3k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ed0613
Ed0613
154 Followers

He confessed to killing my daughter and yet they released him! Some smart public defender got his confession thrown out. Despite the fact he was a known sexual offender and a suspect in the disappearance of other young teenage girls they let him go.

I know that my daughter and I didn't get along very well but I loved her very much. She was a free spirit, much like her mother. The main problems we had were rooted in my long work hours and my inability to spend quality time with her. Because of her mother's travels as a freelance magazine correspondent, when she and I divorced, we agreed that a stable home would be best for my daughter and that I would be the better parent to raise her. I sometimes questioned the judgment of that decision but I was determined to make it the right one.

Now it was all for naught. She was gone and you can't fathom how much it gnawed at me to know that this sexual deviant was walking the streets a free man.

I knew that she and the other young girls in the neighborhood were drawn to the artistic lifestyle at his home studio. What I didn't know at that time was that my neighbor was a registered and convicted sex offender. He was also mildly schizophrenic. Because of his record, the police picked him up as one of their first suspects. I think they were pretty rough on him and he confessed almost immediately. The next day, at his arraignment, the public defender was successful in getting the confession quashed and the judge ordered him released on his own recognizance.

I had hardly been at home at all during the four days since it happened, searching the streets and finally being interviewed by the police. I had just walked in the door from the arraignment, seething and planning what I could do, when the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and it was him!

"Mr. Edwards, I just wanted you to know..." was as far as he got when I hit him square in the face with all my might. Being one step above him, it was a mighty blow. He fell backwards onto the porch, his head making a sickening sound when it hit the concrete. He lay their glassy eyed and unmoving as I stood over him. I watched as he took a couple of shallow breaths, exhaled and went completely slack. His eyes, although still open, were completely sightless and glassy. A stain appeared in his trousers as he lost control of his kidney function. The slightest trickle of blood appeared in his left ear.

I must have stood over him looking down for two or three minutes before I knelt to feel for a pulse. There was none. I looked out into the street to see who was watching. There was no one in sight. His car was still in his driveway across the street. He must have walked over to my house.

I went around, took him by the feet, pulled him into the living room and closed the door and pondered what to do next. I don't think anyone would believe the way it actually went down. I figured my best bet was to get rid of him quickly. I went into my tool shed and got an old blue, plastic, tarp that I used for gathering leaves. I wrapped him up in it like a cocoon. I quickly cleaned the tiniest splotch of blood from the porch and made sure there was none in my living room. My adrenaline must have been pumping because I had no problem carrying him through the house and through the door into the attached garage. Moving the package containing his body to one side, I opened the overhead door and backed my pickup inside. I quickly loaded him into the back of the truck and piled other rubbish that had been collecting in my garage on top of him.

Because of my construction business I often hauled trash to the local landfill and they knew me well. I stopped on the scale, weighed the vehicle and had them direct me to the active dumpsite. I knew that once I offloaded my "rubbish" they would cover it over with their bulldozer.

It went off without a hitch and I watched with satisfaction as the bulldozer pushed other debris over and buried my entire load. I felt very apprehensive as I reweighed the truck and then drove through the neighborhood and back to my house. Everything seemed quiet and serene.

My blood ran cold when the phone rang. It had to be someone who saw me and knew what had happened.

It was a very familiar voice. "Hi daddy, where you been? I'm with Mama at Disney World. I've been trying to reach you for days. I didn't want you to worry."

30

Copyright © 08-02-2012 by E. J. Sheeran. All rights reserved. This work, in part or whole, is not to be distributed, reproduced, transmitted or posted in any manner without the express written permission of the author.

Ed0613
Ed0613
154 Followers