Hi, I'm Sam

Story Info
A dream comes true for a shy Scottish man.
4.4k words
4.44
22.8k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi, I'm Sam."

Such a simple sentence, and yet, he couldn't bring himself to say it.

He had practiced in his head a thousand - no, it had to have been closer to a million times. He even practiced in front of the mirror, going on to say so much more. In the bathroom mirror, he could be quite witty, but in real life, he froze.

Six months, He thought. Six months, every damn day the same thing.

As Sam inwardly kicked his own arse, he glanced up through his lashes, smiled shyly, and quickly dropped his eyes back to the book he was pretending to read.

This was the ritual, the usual dance.

Every day, Sam sat in the same seat on the train, every day he pretended to stare at the passing scenery or read some book, but couldn't actually concentrate, every day he imagined a thousand times that he had finally spoken, and all that might happen from there.

Every day, the journey passed with shy glances, a timid smile when eyes met, and silence.

Every day, the 25 minutes of ''blissful agony'', as he referred to it, would come to an end at Glasgow Central Station. He would then have to walk almost 15 minutes from the station to the cafe where he worked. It wouldn't be so bad if he had to walk a further 15 minutes past the station, but that wasn't the case. He actually backtracked half a mile.

He knew he should get off one stop sooner rather than staying on the train that extra 5 minutes, as it added 11 minutes to his walk to work, but then he would lose those few extra minutes of the "blissful agony".

Sam sighed heavily, and shook his head at himself, as he turned his jacket collar up against the October wind that was prickling at the back of his neck.

******

"Well?"

Sam glanced over at Jack, dropped his eyes and shook his head slightly as he hung up his jacket.

"Mate! How much longer are you going to carry on like this!? It's madness."

Sam sighed as he sat down at the table with his newspaper and tea. This was also a near-daily ritual.

"Look, you're just gonna have to bite the bullet and make a choice one way or another - speak up or give up. You can't carry on like this, pal."

Sam stared into his cup. As much as he hated to admit it, he knew Jack was right.

"I mean...who do ya think ya are, James Blunt or s'mthing?" Jack teased.

Sam chuckled; he had always hated that song, but then again, he didn't know anyone who liked You're Beautiful... in fact, even James Blunt admitted it was "annoying".

"Aye, but that song was about seeing an ex on the tube."

Jack snorted and nodded slightly, "Chance'd be a fine thing, eh mate?"

Sam's eyebrows flicked up as he solemnly bobbed his head slightly.

He swallowed the last of his tea, and decided he would have to make a decision by the end of tomorrow. It would be Friday, his birthday was Saturday, and he didn't want to go into the next year of his life still trapped in this cycle of "blissful agony".

*****

Katlynn settled into her usual seat for the commute home. She really wasn't quite sure why she didn't sit elsewhere when other seats were available.

Creature of habit, I suppose, she tried to convince herself.

After all, sitting here meant sitting diagonally across from the "cute but slightly creepy" bloke.

She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye.

He was ok, she supposed. He had a thick shock of black hair that always looked like he had been running his hands through it. It was somewhat messy in a hip way, but not a mess. The times she had caught him looking at her, she had noticed he had blue-grey eyes that changed to more blue or more grey depending on what he was wearing.

Seriously, Katlynn!? She scolded herself for having paid so much attention to the "cute but slightly creepy" man.

Although, if she were honest with herself, she had paid far more attention than to notice just his hair and eyes. She was also aware that the couple of times she had seen him genuinely smile, he had amazing perfect white teeth. She had actually wondered who his dentist was, and then scolded herself for being ''weird''.

She would also have to admit that more than once she had been impressed with how well the young man dressed, always contemporary smart casual.

She saw his head move a bit, and darted her eyes to the passing scenery.

I've caught him glancing at me so many times; he even gives a shy smile once in a while. I wonder why he's never spoken to me.

Why haven't you spoken to him? Her inner voice asked.

Her eyes widened for a second. Valid question.

Perhaps tomorrow morning, she weakly thought as the train pulled into the station.

As she stood to join the queue, she glanced down at the top of his head.

Look up! She willed him. Look up! Look at me.

For some reason, Katlynn wanted to see those eyes of his. She wanted to see what colour they were today.

The man didn't stir, so Katlynn coughed slightly, and shuffled her feet. Nothing. Stone still.

Is he sleeping?? Perhaps I should wake him.

At that moment, the queue began to move, and the man closed his book. She was slightly relieved and yet disappointed at the same time. She turned and joined the queue, and the man looked up to watch her leave.

****

Friday morning found Sam dashing around his flat, desperately searching, tossing newspapers, shoes, and mail about.

"Where the hell is it!" he shouted.

Countless times he had wished he were a tidier person, but none more so than at that very moment.

"YES!" he snatched up the nametag, and dashed for the door.

Katlynn had been surprised to see the empty seat. For the past six months, the routine had been that he was always on board before her, as she approached her seat, she would see him raise his head slightly and watch her through his lashes. As she sat, their eyes would meet, each would give a shy, polite smile, and his head would drop back to the book. So, the empty seat that morning had been somewhat disconcerting.

As the train began to fill, she became concerned someone else would take the seat, so she put her jacket there to indicate it was taken.

She chewed her lip and scanned the platform for the now-familiar face, and periodically checked her watch.

She suddenly thought What am I doing?? Why do I care of this stranger catches the train or not??

Because she was a nice person, was her conclusion, and she resumed her hunt for the "cute but slightly creepy" young man.

Suddenly she saw a figure running through the crowded platform; yes, it was indeed him.

Her heart leapt as she saw him approaching the door, as if a favourite athlete was nearing the finish line.

Suddenly he appeared, panting and gasping.

She looked up and smiled broadly. She saw him glance at the jacket in his seat and become crestfallen. She quickly snatched it up and declared, "Well done, you!"

His eyes leapt to meet hers, and a broad, proud smile came easily as he let himself flop into the seat, exhausted.

"Ta!" he panted.

And with that, the past six months of "blissful agony" melted into just a moment of bliss.

As his heart pounded with both exertion and delight, hers join in with excitement and nerves.

The train lurched slightly as it started moving, and the adrenaline was beginning to subside, but, so was his nerve. He glanced out the window at the station sliding by.

Katlynn felt her stomach tighten. If one of them didn't speak and fast, they would slip back into the awkward, shy glances and that would be that.

"Did... did you have far to run?" she stumbled.

Sam's heart jumped. He smiled shyly, and shook his head no. He then forced himself to speak, "Er... well, I live 10 minutes from the station. But, I usually walk... not sprint."

Katlynn's eyes widened, "Oh! Well, I'm impressed then!" and as an afterthought, "So why didn't you just catch the next train?"

Sam felt his face grow warm with embarrassment, and his cheeks tingled. He swallowed, and muttered, "Can't be late for work." His eyes darted to the floor and then back to her face.

A cheeky wee smile danced at the corners of Katlynn's mouth, which she managed to suppress but not before he noticed, "Oh, aye, of course!"

The next 15 minutes flew by as they settled into comfortable small talk.

As the train pulled into Glasgow Central, and Katlynn stood to join the queue, she smiled down at Sam, "See you tonight, then."

Sam smiled a genuine, warm smile, "Aye."

Katlynn paused for a second; she had never really looked at Sam properly. The "cute but slightly creepy" bloke was actually quite handsome, and not creepy at all, just a bit shy.

Her smile change. It seemed to Sam that the polite smile had suddenly become a pleased smile. He wondered why as he joined the queue.

*****

Sam strode into the café like a king into his throne room, marched over to the table where Jack was reading the football scores, and slapped his hands down onto the table.

Jack jumped, "Oi ya bastard! Ya gave us a fright! What the hell are ya playin' at!?"

Suddenly Jack realised something was different, "Oi! You! Ya did it, ya wee bastard!!" he laughed.

Sam stood up to his full height and beamed.

Jacked kicked the chair out across from him and told Sam, "Alright, park yer erse and spill!"

Sam did exactly as he was told.

"So Sammy-Boy, are ya gonna ask her out, then!?"

"Whoa, easy there, I've only just finally had a wee chat with her after 6 months of silence. Gie'us a break, will ya pal!?"

Jack chuckled, he knew his best pal well enough to know he was the slow and steady type. He was just over the moon that Sam had finally talked to the girl. Perhaps he could engineer it somehow so that Sam could take the girl out, but in a casual, less tense situation than a one-on-one first date. He'd have to give that some thought.

In the meantime, "Hey, you want to buy her a flower - a daisy or something friendly, but nothing OTT; you know, to say thanks for being nice and helpful and all."

"Och, I don't know..."

"Aye mate... you do."

Sam knew Jack was right.

***

As Katlynn arrived at her seat, she discovered a lovely large yellow Gerbera. She looked at Sam, and pointed at the flower with a curious look on her face that asked if he had put it there.

Sam smiled broadly, "Aye, you know, to say thanks."

"Oh! How truly lovely!" she exclaimed as she snatched the flower up and sat down.

"How in the world did you know?" she asked in amazement.

"Know?"

"That I love Gerberas!"

"Gerb... what?" Sam asked, stunned and confused.

"Gerbera," she smiled. "Let me guess, you thought it was a giant daisy."

Sam looked at her blankly, and blinked, "Well...aye..."

Katlynnn chuckled, and Sam's heart skipped. He'd never heard her laugh. It was like...

Like a breeze through a crystal chime, Sam thought and sighed slightly, as he watched her sniff the 'not-daisy-flower'.

Just as well she likes those, then!

As the train slipped out of the station, they slipped into easy conversation. Before they knew it, the 25 minutes had passed, and it was time to part once again.

Tonight, Katlynn would not have "cute but creepy" updates for her best mate, Gemma. Tonight, she would tell Gemma about Sam, the handsome, sweet, charming bloke she'd met on the train.

***

Sam placed the two cups, a small teapot and milk on the table and said he'd be back in a moment. As he turned to give his attention to the people who had just come in the door, he stopped in his tracks.

"Hiya!" Katlynn beamed.

"H-Hiya!" Sam blushed, "W-what are you doing here?"

Katlynn laughed, and Sam noticed that the corners of her eyes crinkled when she did.

"Last I heard this was still a 'caf'." She glanced around, cheekily. "We've come for a cuppa and a scone or something."

Sam blushed deeply. For a second he had forgotten where they were. Oh my God! What an ass, me!

Katlynn giggled, "So, shall we just sit anywhere?"

Sam nodded emphatically, "Aye, aye, I'll be right back."

"Oh my God! I am such a fucking idiot!" he declared as he burst through the kitchen doors.

Jack looked up, "Eh?? What's up pal?"

Sam told him what had just happened, and of course, leave it to Jack to get a good belly laugh out of the situation.

"Aw mate, forget about it. You know how women are... she probably thought it was cute or some rubbish!"

Sam sighed, and decided Jack was likely right and headed off to fetch the meals meant for the table he had just served tea.

When Sam emerged from the kitchen, to his horror, Jack was at Katlynn's table.

Sam served the waiting customers, and made his way to join Jack.

"Hey there Sammy-Boy! We were just talkin' about ya!"

Sam cringed slightly.

"Hey, don't worry pal... good stuff," Jack said as he clapped Sam on the back and steered him away from the table so their waitress could serve them, calling over his shoulder, "It was great to meet you Katlynn, and you too Gemma."

"What did you say to her!?" Sam demanded.

Jack promised he was a gentleman, and goaded Sam to get back to work, which he did reluctantly.

Before they left, Katlynn paused at the door, caught Sam's attention, and with a wave and a smile called out, "See ya on the train Sam."

"Oh! Um... Aye, on the train, then," Sam replied, not sure if she meant in general, or this evening, but it didn't matter. He was over the moon that things were going so well.

*****

"To Sam!"

"To Sam!" the other men cheered in unison.

As they all took a sip of their pints, Jack clapped Sam on the back, nearly causing him to both choke and spill his beer.

"Well lads, our boy's finally done it! He is mute no more," Jack announced, as if he was a proud father.

Sam blushed, as the other men heaped on the praise, and comments such as ''good on ya lad'', and clapped his back and shook his hand.

Just then, a familiar voice said, "Hiya! Happy Birthday Sam!"

The cheering and congratulating abruptly halted, and all eyes turned to see a very attractive woman with medium-auburn hair to her shoulders, dark green eyes, and a slightly fuller, curvy, but not actually fat, figure.

Sam blinked at her, gobsmacked.

What's going on here!? First the 'caf', and now... here! And how did she know it's my birthday??

"Oh! Magic! You made it!" exclaimed Jack.

Sam snapped his head around to look at Jack, who merely smiled slyly at Sam.

"Here, take my seat! I'll fetch another couple of chairs." Jack dashed away.

One of the other men stood and offered his chair to Gemma, who smiled sweetly and sat next to Katlynn.

When Jack returned with the extra chairs, he squeezed them in on the opposite side of Sam from where he had been sitting before. This forced Sam to move his chair closer to Katlynn. He shot Jack a look that made it very clear they would be having words about this later.

Jack was the more gregarious of the two friends, and made sure the conversation and drinks kept flowing throughout the evening. Before they all knew it, the call for last orders was made.

They moaned and grumbled about not being ready to end the party.

"Jack to the rescue!" he shouted, and drunkenly motioned for the group to follow him outside. They found a black cab waiting for them, and piled in as instructed by Jack.

"Where are we going?" Sam slurred.

Jack drunkenly put a finger to his lips, and then to Sam's. "Shhhh! It's a secret," he chuckled.

Within a few minutes, the cab was pulling up at a hotel. Jack produced a keycard and announced he had booked a suite so the party could continue. This was met with cheers of celebration. As they entered the hotel suite, they discovered Jack had indeed been quite industrious. The living room was filled with balloons, food, and drinks.

The party resumed, and Sam was parked on the settee with instructions not to move from that spot. A moment later, Katlynn arrived with a beer for each of them and sat next to Sam. Between the music and the drunk men, it was a bit difficult to hear each other speak, so they had to lean in closer to be heard.

"So Sam, how old are you now?" Katlynn asked inches from Sam's ear.

"25," he said proudly.

"Och... you're still a baby!" She laughed.

Sam looked slightly offended, so she quickly added, "I'm 30."

Sam was taken aback; he would never have guessed she was older than he was, "Och! Get away, you're never 30!"

She smiled and said, "It's true!"

Without thinking, and fuelled by drink, Sam boldly said, "Well, you're fucking beautiful and sexy for an 'older woman'!" with a naughty chuckle.

Katlynn was flattered, and chuckled, "Do you really think so?"

Sam's eyes widened, she could see they were a beautiful stormy grey, "Oh fuck yeah! You're fucking hot; sex on legs!!"

Katlynn pried a bit more, "Oh aye? And how long have you thought so Sam?"

"From the first time I saw you on the train."

Katlynn felt some stir within her. Taking advantage of his very relaxed state, she asked, "Oh aye? And have you thought about me a lot?"

Sam's eyes widened slightly, and he slurred, "Oh only ... every day!"

Katlynn looked around the room, everyone was happily occupied, and Gemma was chatting to one of the blokes. She took Sam by the hand and got him to stand up, and then began leading him away.

"Um... er... where are we going?" Sam stammered. Although his inhibitions had been lowered, he was still aware of what was going on.

Katlynn smiled at him over her shoulder and led him to the bedroom of the suite. Sam turned bright red, but perked up. Katlynn noticed the rest of him had woken up as well.

Seeing his reaction, she cocked her head to the side and said, "Sam, love, you're not a virgin are you?"

Sam's eyes shot open and he looked slightly offended, "Fuck no!"

She smiled and closed the door behind him.

"Oh good, I am pleased to hear that. I don't mind teaching a thing or two, but I didn't want to start from scratch."

Sam brightened at the idea of being "taught a thing or two" by this older woman.

Katlynn began to undress him, starting with his shirt, kissing his chest as each button was opened. She could feel Sam's heart beating, hear his ragged breath and feel him trembling.

I hope he doesn't cum in his pants before I'm even undressed!

She began to move a bit more quickly down his torso when suddenly she felt his hands on her arms. Sam pulled her back to full height, so she was standing in front of him again. For a moment, she thought he had changed his mind, she soon discovered she was quite wrong.

He took her face in his hands, drew close to her, and began to kiss her. He pulled her into his arms; his body pressed against hers, and kissed her passionately but tenderly. She couldn't believe how arousing she found this; so much desire for her, and beyond just lust.

Katlynn could feel Sam's erection pressed against her abdomen. She could tell he was very hard, and a good size. As they continued to kiss, her hands found the button to his denims and began opening it. Sam broke the kiss and took over removing his clothing; only because he wanted out of them as quickly as possible. Moments later they were both naked and in bed.

Katlynn stole a glance at Sam's erect cock, and drew a small breath of surprise. Sam was a medium build man, with light brown skin. He clearly worked out, but not obsessively, so his frame was firm but not large. You couldn't say that about his cock.

It was slightly darker brown, with black pubic hair that had been tidied up. He was not long... about 6 inches, but he was thick, with a prominent pink bulbous head, and a few veins. The sight made her mouth and pussy instantly wet.

12