High Stakes

Story Info
A poker game becomes very expensive indeed.
8k words
4.12
150.9k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I arrived at the pub called High Stakes a few minutes early and found a table. Neither Megan nor I had ever been here, so this would be a new experience for both of us. I found an empty table in view of the door and sat down to wait for Megan to arrive. A barmaid came by a few minutes later and I ordered a Margarita and let her know that I was expected a friend to join me in a few minutes.

Tonight was ladies night out. Steve was off with a few friends from work, and, as I often do on these nights, I met with Megan for a couple of drinks and some serious girl talk. I was excited to be meeting with her tonight, I'd been shopping over the weekend and I wanted to tell her of a few of my great finds, and especially about the new bikini I'd bought. It was fairly naughty, but I thought I'd surprise Steve with it the first chance I got.

I was looking around the bar, people watching to kill the time until Megan arrived, when I noticed a dark complexioned man, possibly Greek or Turkish, with jet black hair and strikingly dark eyes. When I first noticed him, I somehow had the idea that he'd been watching me for awhile. Our eyes locked for a moment, and he raised his eyebrows and smiled.

I dropped my eyes then, but not quickly enough, apparently, because the man got up from his seat and was walking directly towards my table. Not wanting to encourage the stranger, I kept my eyes averted, or tried to, but I found myself being drawn back to those strikingly beautiful eyes.

The stranger pulled out the chair directly across from me and began to sit down as he asked, "Is this seat taken?" He seemed unconcerned with what my answer might be. I tried to protest, telling him that I was meeting a friend tonight, but he quieted me with, "Well then, that is my loss, for I shall be deprived of your company all too soon. But what is the harm then? We can talk until your very fortunate friend arrives, can we not?"

I smiled nervously at that, not exactly sure how to respond, and decided to just let it go. After all, Megan would be here in a few minutes, and this stranger would be on his way.

The stranger made a quick gesture in the air that I did not understand, but a few minutes later a barmaid arrived with two drinks on a tray. One was a Margarita, and the other was whatever he was drinking. I looked down at my drink and found that it was a little over half empty.

"My name's Alec, by the way," he offered, holding out his hand. "Stefanie," I replied and reached out to shake his hand. But as soon as he had my hand in his, he drew it to his lips and kissed the back of it, much to my surprise." I was not sure whether he intended to be chivalrous or forward, but either way, his action made me nervous and I withdrew my hand as quickly as I could.

I looked at my watch then and realized that Megan was a half hour late and excused myself to send her a text message.

"I'm at High Stakes, where are you?" I texted.

As soon as I looked up from my iPhone, Alec chimed in with, "Listen, a few friends and I are arranging a poker game here tonight. You and your friend are welcome to join us if you'd like.

I was about to decline his offer when my phone beeped and Megan's response was on the screen. "Is that tonight? I thought it was tomorrow. Sorry, can't make it tonight."

"Well, that's that!" I thought to myself, "Girl's Night Out will be ending a little early tonight." But I guess Alec figured out what the texting was about, or maybe he noticed the look of disappointment on my face, because he asked, "Aww, your friend can't make it? Well, you're still invited to join us if you'd like. The game will be starting in about a half hour, and you can meet the other players in the meantime." It all sounded so reasonable, so low key. If not for the fact that I didn't play poker, I might even have accepted.

"But," I hesitated, "I don't know how to play poker. I'm afraid I wouldn't be much fun for your friends." But the gleam in Alec's eye seemed to say he thought I'd be plenty of fun for him and his friends. But I paid that look no attention.

"Oh, don't worry about that, Stefanie." He assured me, "Poker can be picked up in five minutes, and we never play a serious game. It's just for fun." He winked at me. "Look, you tell me what your limit is, and I'll make sure you don't lose more than that. Okay? And, who knows, beginner's luck could be on your side and you'll end up being the winner tonight.

"Well, I don't know," I said, but then I looked at those striking eyes again and his smile that seemed to say it would all be all right, and came to a decision. "Oh, what the heck! At least it's better than going home to an empty house."

And Alec reached out and patted my hand, "That's my girl! Come on, I'll introduce you to the other players.

As I stood up to follow Alec to his table, I reached for my drink and found that the first was empty and I'd started on the second without even realizing it. "Careful," I said to myself, "Women who drink too much in bars can find themselves in a lot of trouble when in the company of strangers." Sure, I knew that, and I made a mental note that this would be my last drink for the evening.

As we walked across the pub, I noticed three men at the table we were walking toward. Perhaps these were to be my poker companions for the evening. I quipped to myself, almost as if I were a single woman on the prowl, "Not bad Stef, you could certainly do worse for yourself in the company department." And it was true. As we drew near, the three men stood to be introduced and to greet me. They all seemed to be a fine group of gentlemen, and I began to feel more at ease.

First there was Rocco. He was about 5'6" and slightly stocky and maybe 40 years old. Then there was Jason, tall, probably over 6'5" and a very handsome black man. Finally there was a German gentleman that Alec introduced simply as Ev. Ev was about 6' and looked like he must work out some. All four men were dressed as if they were businessmen ready for an evening of leisure and entertainment. I guessed that they might even be all employed by the same business concern.

We sat and chatted for awhile, during which time the others learned that this would be my first experience playing poker. There were a few amiable sounding laughs at that, but Alec spoke up and informed his friends that he was duty bound to protect me from losing too much. It was only fair he said, since this was my first time playing after all, and the others all agreed.

Then, Ev broke out a deck of cards and began to talk about the basics of poker. He started by talking about what made a good and bad poker hand. How two pair beat one pair and that three of a kind beat two pair, and so on. Once I had the basic hands down, he began to explain how 5-card stud and 5-card draw ere played. He explained that these were the only 2 games they played with the exception of 7-card stud, which was a simple extension of the five card version. We even played a few trial hands, betting toothpicks rather than money, so I could get a feel for how things might go in a real game.

Finally, it was time for the real game to start. Alec ordered drinks all around, but I refused, staying with my limit of two drinks so I would be able to keep my head about me amid all this testosterone.

Alec explained the betting limit which the players all accepted as a means of limiting any player's losses. After all, this was intended to be a friendly and social game. Nobody was out to hurt anyone; the intent of the game was to simply have a good time with friends.

Then, we cut the deck for high card and Jason, who was seated directly to my left, won the cut and the right to deal first. He announced the game as 5-card stud and reminded all players to ante up. After we each had thrown a chip in, he dealt out a face-down and face-up card to each of us. Alec had the high card showing and so, was able to make the first bet. I had a low card in the hole, but a matching card showing, so I started with a hidden pair. Once Alec had bet, Ev and Rocco called, and so did I. Finally, Jason called the bet as well and then dealt another face up card. Betting went around the table again, and this time I made a modest raise to the bet, which everyone else called. Jason made the comment, "The lady must be hiding a pair, or, she's looking to lose her money right from the start. Amid the inevitable chuckles, I did my best to keep a straight face and said nothing.

The last card dealt for that hand gave me a three of a kind, adding to my hidden pair. When it was my turn to bet, I raised the maximum. Everyone called, except Rocco, who raised my raise. "Let's see if she's got what it takes, guys!" He said with a laugh. I raised the maximum again and ended up winning the hand, along with a lot of chips!

As I showed my cards and claimed my chips I was ecstatic! I couldn't help noticing the glances around the table. I guess they were realizing that the "Little Lady" was not to be reckoned with after all.

Of the next four hands, I won one big hand and a smaller one, and lost two, but neither was a significant loss. I was beginning to amass a fairly large pile of chips in front of me and had to admit, I was really enjoying myself tonight.

I took a small swallow of my drink and noticed for the first time that I was feeling fairly tipsy. Unfortunately, it was not until I thought back on the evening's events that I realized that someone, probably Jason, had been refilling my drink while my attention was elsewhere. I suspected this because I ended up a lot more drunk than I should have with just the two drinks I was aware of.

At this point, Ev, who had been losing fairly steadily and was now down to only a few chips, had a suggestion. "Hey fellas," he began, giving me a sly wink, "How about we change the rules for the evening? Let's be done with the limits and say that from now on, you can bet anything you brought with you tonight. It's either that, or I'll have to retire soon." I saw that Rocco and Jason began to nod their agreement almost immediately, and then added their voices as well. That is, until Alec silenced them by reminding them of his promise to me. His voice was very sincere, and everyone else at the table seemed really disappointed, but had to agree. A promise was a promise, after all.

But then, emboldened by the alcohol I'd consumed, not to mention the pile of chips I had in front of me, I suggested that we go along with Ev's suggestion so he could continue playing. And then, Jason leaned toward me and whispered something in my ear behind a conspiratorially cupped hand. "That's an excellent suggestion Jason!" I said with magnanimity, "Let's institute another rule. No one is allowed to leave the table until the evening is over unless they have lost everything!"

"Everything?" Alec asked.

"Everything!" I replied. The men looked from one to another, and after a few shrugs, began to agree to the new rule.

And that is where my luck began to change. Call it bad karma or the (bad) luck of the draw, but from then on my luck went downhill, from bad to worse. In only a half hour I'd gone from Queen of The Hill to the night's biggest loser. On one particular hand of 5-card draw, out of desperation I'd chanced, successfully, a one card draw trying to turn two pair into a full house and put the last of my money into the pot as my opening bet after the draw. I knew I would win this hand, if only no one raised me. It was not to be though. Alec raised my bet, and I was forced to throw my hand in, as I had nothing left to bet.

Alec fixed me with his eyes and demanded, "Stefanie! What are you doing?"

"Well," I tried to explain, suddenly feeling very small, "I have no money left to bet with, I can't even call your raise, so I guess I'll be leaving now." After being so high, it was hard being brought down so low, and so quickly. I didn't want to lose this hand, and I knew I could win it if I only had something to bet with.

"Nonsense!" Alec exclaimed. "By your very own rule, no one is allowed to leave the table unless they have lost everything. Have you lost everything Stefanie?" Alec was no longer gazing into my eyes. Now he was glaring pointedly at my blouse. My right hand went to the top of my blouse as if I was trying to prevent Alec from taking it off me, but Alec hadn't even moved. Still, a fear was beginning to grow within me that this game had gotten out of control; that I might be in this game more deeply than I wanted to be.

By now, all four men around the table were staring at me, wanting to know what I would do, but content to let Alec drive things, which he did by saying, "Oh, you don't have to bet your blouse Stefanie, you could just bet your shoes if you would be more comfortable with that."

I thought about that for a minute, and decided that my full house had to be a sure winning hand, so even if I bet my shoes, which I'd paid a pretty penny for, by the way, I'd be getting them back just as soon as I'd won the pot. I took a deep breath, shaking a little, "Okay, I'll call your bet with my shoes..." But Alec was shaking his head disapprovingly. Not good enough Stefanie. You'll need to take your shoes off and put them on the table for it to be a legitimate bet. That's the way poker is played."

Alec gazed at me then, his eyes almost hypnotic. Slowly, I nodded. Alec had won. With fingers that quivered, I bent down and unlatched my shoes, slid them off me feet, and placed them on the table. "Okay, better?" I asked, a little annoyed, and then went on without waiting for an answer, "I call you bet, and I raise..." But again, there was the disapproving shake of the head, but this time it came from all four heads around the table.

But again, it was Alec that spoke, "Your shoes will suffice to calmly bet, but if you wish to raise, I'm afraid you'll have to contribute something else. I think your pantyhose would be a sufficient raise. Don't you?"

I sighed. Sure, I could settle with just calling Alec's bet, but I wanted to get as much cash back with this one hand as possible. I didn't want to find myself in the position of having to bet clothing again. I pushed my chair back, every eye on me from the poker table, and not a few from tables nearby, as they all wanted to see what the girl who'd had a little too much to drink would do. Unfortunately, there was no modest way to do this, so I opted to do it as quickly as possible and have it over with. I raised my skirt nearly to the waist and hooked my thumbs under the band of my pantyhose at either hip, and then, as quickly as I could, began to roll the hose over my hips and down my legs.

Unfortunately, during the first part of this process, everyone in the bar could see my panties, and my cheeks took on a warm flush, only not from alcohol, but from humiliation. Once the pantyhose were down to my knees I sat back down and slid them fairly easily off my legs and tossed them onto the poker table, into the pot. "Okay," I said, looking around the bar to see who was watching, and seeing if I could spot the few people who whistled when the pantyhose came off my legs, "Called and raised!"

Jason and Rocco folded on my raise, but Alec raised my bet again, which caused Ev to fold as well. When Alec raised my bet, I guess my jaw kind of dropped open. I couldn't believe that Alec would do this to me. Only a short time earlier, Alec had pledged to not let me lose more than I was comfortable with. Now he was betting against me when my clothes were at stake.

I guess the alcohol had clouded my judgment a little, or maybe more than a little, but there was an element of pride involved as well. I knew I had the winning hand, and I wasn't going to let him do this to me, especially not after going back on his promise.

"So, Stefanie," Alec said calmly, his eyes evaluating my every move, "Do you wish to call my bet?"

"No," I answered him with conviction; I will raise you, because I know I have the winning hand."

Alec continued to gaze at me with those bewitching eyes of his as he said, "Well, we shall see, I suppose.

Maybe it's not what he meant, but since I would refuse to back down, I supposed that Alec would see, along with the rest of the bar, because as long as he continued to raise, I would be force to remove my clothing, one piece at a time, until I was left naked.

Before I stood up, I took another swallow of my Margarita, and then began to unbutton my blouse. But then, Alec stood up and stepped around the table to stand in front of me. "No," he said, "Allow me." And with no hesitation at all he reached for the buttons of my blouse, brushing my hands away, and began to slowly undo the buttons, one at a time. His eyes locked with mine and I found it impossible to tear my eyes away from his, much less protest what he was doing. As he undid the buttons, his hands brushed against my breasts. It may have been intentional, or it may have been simply that my chest was heaving as I gasped for air. I wanted to stop him, wanted to call this whole crazy thing off, but I couldn't even speak.

When he finished with the buttons, Alec slid his hands under the blouse at my shoulders and slid it down my arms and held on to it to keep it from falling on the floor. I could feel that my eyes were wide, so wide I must have looked like a frightened doe. And like a deer caught in a driver's headlights, I felt completely paralyzed, out of control of the situation.

Alec didn't even ask what piece of clothing I would be removing next, he just leaned toward my ear as he reached behind my back to unfasten my bra and whispered, "You're doing just fine Stefanie. Now, just let this happen, okay?" And he kept assuring me, "You'll be just fine."

I felt a whimper forming in my throat as he unfastened my bra, and all on its own, the whimper broke free of my throat as he slid the bra straps off of my shoulders and my bra was no longer covering me, but in Alec's hand.

Dumbly, I looked first at my bra and then at my naked chest, and immediately moved my arms to cover myself. But when I did, Alec handed my clothing and told me, "It is proper for you to call and raise my bet yourself, if that is what you want to do." And then he walked casually back to his seat and sat down.

I followed Alec's lead and sat down as well before I threw my blouse and bra onto the table. As I asked a question, I noticed the large grin on Jason's face as he stared at my breasts, or what he could see of them, anyway. "Okay," I began, "But if I call and raise, will you raise me again, or just call, so we can finally end this hand?"

Alec shook his head solemnly and explained, "I never reveal what I may or may not do in a poker game. If you want to know the answer you have to raise my bet and find out." And then, looking at my flushed face and chest he leaned forward in his chair and added, "I will say this. The way this hand is going, I think that you will get what it is that you are looking for." And then he sat back again, a queer smile on his lips.

I nodded, not sure exactly what he might have meant, but I knew that I had to go on, to see this through now. I was already too far in to turn back now. If there was only one way out of this, then I was ready for that. I threw my blouse and bra into the center of the table, and said, looking directly into Alec's eyes, challenging him, I call your bet, and raise again."

Alec smiled at that. He obviously knew I would follow through because he had already counted the chips out for his next bet. There were two stacks. He pushed the first stack to the center of the table and said, "Call." And then he paused as his eyes bore into me, hypnotizing me. He pushed the second stack in and said, "And raise."

I sat there frozen, unable to move. The eyes of the other players were all upon me, not to mention those from nearby tables who had turned their chairs around to watch. I seemed to be drawing an audience. The tequila in my veins made clear thinking more difficult, but at the same time, the lowering of my inhibitions made what I was doing easier.