Highever Series Ch. 02

Story Info
Kellan and Geneve get closer. Dominique gets a late visit.
7.4k words
4.77
13.8k
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/15/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear Readers,

I'm sorry this one took a little bit longer to post! I have been working on trying to put everything in past tense, I am still working on it--so please excuse any awkward phrases if I missed anything.

I really like getting comments on my work--what I could do better and such. I appreciate constructive criticism especially since this is the first story I've ever written.

A special thanks to DirtyStrumpet for being an eager critic and reader.

Please read Ch. 00 and Ch 01 of these series! This segment takes place a week after chapter 01.

-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------

HIGHEVER PALACE

(Guest Quarters)

It was a bright and sunny day in the kingdom of Highever, the weather itself could put anyone with the most sorrowful spirits in a joyful mood. Unfortunately, this was not the case for Lady Dominique De Bourgh.

Dominique spent the entire week in solemn self-reflection. In the mornings, she joined her Aunt and Uncle for morning tea along with her sister. She hid the pains of her young heart under a sincere smile, and no one had noticed that something might be wrong. Only Geneve queried once, for she knew her sister well enough to notice the unfamiliar sad twinkle in her eyes. The latter did give the subject up eventually upon Dominique's insistence that it was only because she really missed their father.

The evenings were relentless. For the past week, she had her dinners brought up, afraid to see the man that held her thoughts completely. Dominique knew that per custom, the Captain of the Guard stood inside the dining area, ten feet away from the royal table as the first family dined with honored guests. She couldn't bear the thought of seeing him again. Well, she actually wanted to see him again, but she did not wish for him to see her.

"My lady? Your bath is ready." said her governess Romilda, who has looked after the sisters since they were little. As a spinster with no family, Romilda was free to join them on this visit, and it was a great comfort to Dominique to have her around.

Dominique looked out the wall sized glass window inside the guest quarters of the palace, still in deep reflection. Her long fingers toyed with the tips of the golden locks that lay atop her voluptous bosoms, concealed by the silk red robe that she wore.

She inhaled deeply as images from her encounter with Gustav captured her thoughts. At that short encounter, she allowed him to devour her body, and she loved every bit of it. She remembered how boldly he handled her erect nipples with his mouth, and how he obsessively ravaged her sex with his tongue. She remembered how her heart exploded at the climax while he still persistently--almost under a spell lapped at her silky red folds.

"Dominique, child..." Romilda was suddenly beside her, a comforting hand rested on her shoulder. "That is enough."

If there is anything that she is trained for--it is stoicism. No royal must succumb to their own emotions, especially if they were addressing the public.

But Romilda is not the public. She is Romilda. She is the woman who has probably taught her more than her own withdrawn mother. This woman brushed her hair, tasted her food, picked out her gowns, and when she reached adolescence, shaved her privates for inner comfort under all the layers of noble dresses.

After a week of hiding, from herself more than anybody, Dominique closed her eyes and hugged the old lady in soft sobs.

She cried softly as she recalled how cold she felt when he stormed out of the barn, how moist her privates remained long after his mouth had left them while she sat still, in shock.

Of course it was her fault. She barely knew the man and she allowed him to own her body and make her feel the way she did. Why did she present herself so freely? Why did she act so cheaply? Why did her curiosity almost cost her sacred chaste? How could she have been so stupid?

If there was any consolation in the matter, it was that she did not shed a single tear then. She gathered her belongings, straightened her hair, and walked out of the stable with her chin held high.

But she did not have to pretend today, she cannot. She was only human. Yes, even Lady Dominique De Bourgh needed to cry.

Tears still covered her face even when she was finally able to get into her bath. Romilda added some lavender to her usual jasmine oils to help her relax.

In short yet controlled sobs, Dominique was able to confide everything to her governess. She told her about the conversation with Kellan, her short-lived tryst with the Captain, and her hesitations about telling her sister these revelations.

The old lady, who was seated right beside the tub, listened sympathetically to her charge as she gently brushed her hair.

"My sweet child, do not burden yourself. You are only human."

"It's easy for you to say, it is so difficult to do."

"The pains of the heart only grow bigger when they are concealed."

"You know very well that this isn't going to bode too well with public scrolls."

"Your sister and myself are not public scrolls."

"But once I tell her, I might not have the strength to keep my head high."

The old lady smiled. "That is true. It may be best to keep us this between us for the time being."

Dominique closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. How much lighter her chest felt! She was very grateful to have Romilda to confide to.

"Although I must tell you, circumstances do not hinder the truth as much as your royal poise does." Romilda muttered.

Dominique lazily shifted her icy glaze from the wonderfully ornated ceiling of the guest bathrooms to her governess'. "And what do you mean by that?"

"Would you believe me if I told you, that I could have guessed your heart's aches since three days ago?"

"I thought I was doing a good job at being stoic."

"No, child--no." laughed Romilda. "I mean, yes! You are still doing a wonderful job of keeping your public face intact. But what I mean to say is--I knew that the Guard Captain had something to do with your absences at the dinner table, even before you told me anything!"

That got the Lady's attention. She got up and took her robe from the handle. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I spoke to the chambermaids that--"

Dominique's eyes widened in fear. "You mean to tell me that the Captain has told the palace staff about--"

"NO! Hush child, and let me finish before you say anything!"

Dominique sat in front of the vanity table and Romilda started to dry her hair.

"The chambermaids have been wondering why the Guard Captain hasn't been present during the evenings too. He is a handsome lad, child. You can't blame them for verbally wondering."

HIGHEVER PALACE

(HISTORY ROOM)

Geneve was getting more and more bored of the castle. She did enjoy the vast selection of books at the library, but reading was finally burning her out. Dominique has been distant since the day after they arrived, and she found no enjoyment in accompanying her, since she preferred to stay inside their quarters after brunch. Even then, she would find herself talking up a storm while her sister simply smiled and listened, her thoughts far.

'Poor sister.' she quietly pondered. 'Not being able to marry for love has to be a crime in some countries.'

Although she has never been in love, Geneve felt that she has read enough books to know that she has to fight for this right, even as a technical royal. She loved the idea of romance. A boy and a girl, holding hands, touching each other's lips with their own, getting married, having babies and growing old together.

She was so curious about love that when she was about fourteen years of age, she bestowed an innocent kiss upon another boy's mouth. His name was Arlan De Ghent, and his father was a lord in Denerim. After exchanging startled looks, both teenagers laughed heartily and continued to play in the yard. It wasn't love of course, but it is a memory that Geneve treasured the most because it reminded her that she was free to do what she wants.

Geneve passed a small mirror before going into the historical artifacts section of the palace. Her hair lay down in soft medium brown curls just under her shoulders, and her white sundress fell lazily just under her knees. By palace standards, she was quite underdressed. Thank goodness her Aunt is the Comtess, and the King's wife. No one has told her anything about the matter.

"That was my mother's mirror, you know." a deep voice came from behind her.

Startled but secure Geneve turned around to find the prince smiling at her. "It was one of the few things she was able to take with her from Starkhaven."

"Your highness, I'm sorry I didn't see you." Geneve curtsied.

She had been dining with Prince Kellan, the King and Comtess since Dominique's reclusion. Although most of their conversations are distant and modest, Geneve has found herself blushing whenever he intensely looked into her eyes when she responded to something he queried about. If Dominique hasn't been so distant, she would have told her how guilty she felt for looking at her supposed betrothed.

Geneve also hated to curtsy, but for Kellan, who was so well-mannered and quite humble for a royal, she didn't seem to mind.

"It's quite alright. Where are you headed to?"

"I wanted to see the history room."

Kellan laughed. "You gave up the library for a lot of old people's portraits?"

Geneve gave him a coy look. "The books were wonderful, Your Highness, But there must be more to the castle. In my whole week's visit I believe that the only general room I haven't visited is the history room."

Kellan gave her a good sweep with his intense blue eyes. She was dressed quite plainly today, but it only accentuated her most desirable features. Her soft breasts are slightly exposed by the low neckline of her thin dress, her brown hair casually lay on her shoulders and of course her full red lips poised in a natural pout. Oh the things he wanted to do to her. He quelled his beastly thoughts by exhaling.

"There are more things in the castle to explore. But you look like you're up for some time in the sun today."

Geneve was relieved that he broke his own gaze. She felt naked under his scorching looks. "It does look like a beautiful day. But my sister seems to be in a solemn mood--"

"I was just about to go for a walk in the woods in a moment. Allow me to give you a tour outside the Palace grounds." he muttered commandingly, with a likewise irresistible smile.

HIGHEVER WOODS

"Not all nobles are slaves to the throne."

Geneve scoffed. "Then allow me to ask you why most fall prey to ridiculous customs?"

"Such as?"

"Such as the custom of an arranged marriage?"

Kellan gave her a serious look and stopped in his tracks. "What about it is ridiculous?"

Geneve felt her mouth dry up. The Prince was gazing at her intensely again, his deep blue eyes in serious query. The sun kissed his rugged blond hair as it lay tousled under his earlobe, both of his hands clasped together behind him.

They have been in deep discussion for the past hour and were well away from the palace grounds. The Prince refused any escorts, and now they were all alone, shaded by wild trees, on a bright and sunny walk.

"I just believe that the custom takes away any noble woman's natural right to marry for love. My sister hardly knows--" she stopped dead on her words, unable to come up with a sleek recovery. "Well, Dominique she, she hardly knows you, and it is assumed that she is a potential bride when--your highness I am sorry." she managed to say. As much as she felt that the idea was wrongly imposed on her own sister and most noble women, she also knew in a short matter of time that Kellan is a good man. A servant to the throne he may be, but she would not dream of putting him in his place.

Kellan did not offer her any interruption. He looked away from her, hands still resting on his back and started afoot again.

Geneve respected his silence, not because she wanted to--she just had no choice! She never had a problem with being openly verbal about her opinions regarding royal customs, but for the first time since she was learned, she felt impolite about her own feelings.

"My mother wasn't a noble." he said curtly after a short while.

Geneve followed his tracks but kept her eyes on the ground, startled.

"But--she was Lady Theresa Vael?" she asked.

The Prince grinned politely. "She was raised by her uncle, who at that time I believe was a well-known courtier in the providence, but her parents, who died when she was only ten years of age, were commoners." he looked into her eyes as he prepared himself to tell a very personal tale.

"She was never even given a formal title until her engagement to my father, who at the time was already the King of Highever. To marry a commoner is a frowned-upon act back then, as it is now--but my mother firmly told him that she had no desire to be entitled to something that she wasn't born into."

They reached a river bank and Kellan beckoned for her to sit in front of him as he watched the waters run wild. Geneve listened intently, surprisingly interested at the background tale of the royal family.

"My grandfather was very upset that his eldest son chose to marry a commoner that not only openly refuses a title of any kind, but seems to loathe the idea of a monarchy. Local courtiers began to rake mud about him and my mother. There was no way to move my father, however, and he threatened to abdicate the throne in order to marry the woman he loves if the court would still not allow the King to marry a commoner who does not want a title."

Kellan's eyes were in soft reflection, but Geneve's eager eyes did not leave his solemn face.

"But before it got close to that point, my mother accepted the title of Lady Vael-Theirin of Highever. Not because she wanted to, but because she loved my father, every part of him--even the noble part. They got married and lived happily until her early death."

"She was noted as the most remarkable royal consort that Highever ever had."

"She was."

"But according to certain scrolls, your mother and father got engaged shortly upon their first meeting? I believe it was less than a week later."

"They did."

"So, how was there time to fall in love?"

"Time?" he grinned, looking at her for the first time since imparting the tale.

"Well, shouldn't two people know each other well enough to know that they loved each other? You cannot possibly know that you love a person in less than a week of meeting them! "

"Not necessarily. At least not in their case." he responded.

"Forgive me, I am absolutely lost." she smiled. "But how did they know--"

Kellan leaned closer to her, close enough that their arms touched, and looking intensely in her eyes once more, he responded, "He kissed her on the first opportunity that they were alone."

Geneve was oblivious to their proximity to each other. She did not take her eyes away from his gaze this time. "They kissed?"

"They did."

"And they knew they loved each other?"

Kellan nodded as he brushed a loose strand away from her face.

It was as if time stood still. She was suddenly conscious about his nonexistent distance from her body as his hand rested on her neck.

"How can a kiss determine love in such a short amount of time?" she asked, slowly feeling nervous knots twist inside her stomach.

"Like this." were his last words when his lips touched hers.

Geneve's eyes grew wider and instinctively tried to back away, her hands came up to his chest to push. But his lips, softly and gently massaged hers that she almost instantly fell under a spell. His hand gently tightened on her neck to secure her face closer to his.

Geneve closed her eyes and her formerly pushing hands now rested peacefully on his neck. Oh how wonderful this felt! His lips were warm and inviting, his scent of mint and soap slowly enveloped her.

She looked up at him as she gently pulled her face away, with one hand still clasped around his neck. She did not know what she should do at that point. All that her senses allowed her to mentally control is the tight grip around her waist, the feeling of his short and controlled breaths on her lips and nose, and the delicious taste and heat that his mouth just left hers.

Seeing that he has won the battle of breaking the ice, he slowly leaned in to give her a choice to back away, although he knew quite well that she wouldn't.

Geneve not only accepted his sweet advances, but welcomed it meekly as she leaned a little forward to meet his gentle lips. He brushed her mouth with his, slowly teasing it to open. It was a passionate but respectful show of adoration.

Geneve gasped when she felt his tongue lick her lips. It took him several attempts but he was finally able to get her mouth to be wide open. His tongue plunged into her mouth hungrily as he struggled for composure. He knew all too well that his hands wanted to travel from the modest places they were currently placed in on her body, but he knew he had to wait.

Geneve moaned as she felt her back lay on the grass. Kellan's mouth was doing wonders to her body. She felt an inexplicable heat building inside her chest as she succumbed to his advances.

The effect of Geneve's whimpers on his mouth was painful on his well-concealed groin. Geneve laid vulnerably under him, in only a thin garment of a white sundress, yet the vision she provided made him feel as if he were not fully clothed.

Partly losing himself to Geneve's surrender, the hand that held her neck slowly tugged the sleeve of her dress down to expose a bosom.

"Wait, your majesty--wait..." she pleaded upon being conscious to her exposure.

"Shh..." he whispered as he gently cupped her globe. "I have been laying in bed for the past week aching to see you... I have to see you."

Geneve was startled, but the warmth that holds her hostage did not allow her to protest as his mouth descended on her exposed peak.

She bit her lower lip to stifle a moan as he closed in on her bud. He suckled on it gently yet obsessively, almost like a milk deprived child. She watched him try to swallow her entire breast unsuccessfully and this vision sent pleasurable pulses to the sensitive area between her legs.

"Your highness..." she whimpered as she felt that her nipple was beginning to be raw inside his mouth. "Please..."

Kellan groaned as his lips captured hers again in a kiss as his free hand took its place atop her exposed globe. He massaged the entire peak for a little while before allowing himself to manually travel down her leg, inside her dress then up again between her legs.

Geneve unwillingly arched her back towards him, her eyes wide in fear as she felt his finger probe her from her silk undergarment. "No... wait, Your Highness..."

She touched herself in that sinful place sometimes, and has never imagined anyone else doing so. She attempted to yank his invading hand from between her parted thighs but was gently declined.

Kellan silenced her again with his mouth as he continued to probe her.

With a sense of urgency, he slipped his hand inside the invading garment and finally felt the wet folds that he has been dreaming about for the past week.

Kellan felt a surge of pride as he fondled her wetness. He left her mouth to watch as his hand played dangerously inside her forbidden place, concealed by her dress.

"Your highness--" she tried to stop him but her hips kept arching at his teasing fingers. "Please, please don't..."

Before she could protest even more he silenced her again.

His forefinger circled her hole, slowly trying to invade her.

When his digit finally invaded her, she wriggled underneath him. "Mmmnggh.. Your majesty please...." she protested under their breaths.