Highland Magic Ch. 05

Story Info
Regan cleans up well.
1.5k words
4.63
22.1k
5

Part 5 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I caught up with Maggie as she neared the stairs. I knew I was smiling after my encounter with the Laird. I couldn't help it. Maggie held her elderly arm out for me as she waited for me to begin climbing the steps. I don't know if it is because she is elderly, or because she just wanted me to hurry up. I glanced covertly at her as we climbed the steep steps, out of the corner of my eye.

How is it that she could possibly have known so much about me? I 'd heard one of the soldiers whisper to another during dinner, saying Maggie was a witch. Was that how she knew? Knew I was from the future, and about my dream and about my future? One thought was running into another as I walked beside her. But the most important question made me stop. Did she know how to get me home?

Almost as if she knew what I was thinking, she answered. "Nay child, I know not. 'Tis as much a mystery to me as tis to you. And nay, I am not a witch." I stared at her in disbelief, as she smiled serenely at me, patted my arm and walked away. "Get some sleep, child. A busy day the morrow is." She called over her shoulder, as she turned a corner and disappeared.

I turned to the door of the chamber and opened it slowly. Walking inside I closed the door and rested against it. I looked the room over carefully. Nope, still hadn't changed. The fire in the hearth had been freshly stoked, and blazed with comforting heat.

I walked to it, and held my hands out. I had the sudden feeling that I was camping and felt a giggle rise in my throat. Yes, this was very much like camping, but not quite the same. It was... more rugged. I sighed and looked behind me for Maggie's chair. Pulling it close to the fire, I sat down and let my thoughts wander.

Laird Cien was certainly handsome, I thought and then shook my head. He probably has lice and ten STDs. I shuddered. There were no condoms here, were there? I wanted to cry as I thought about all the things they didn't have here. No electricity. No cars. No television. No chocolate. No ice cream. My eyes began to tear at the thought of no ice cream. I burst into tears when I thought of no ice cream and hot fudge with nuts and whipped cream.

Oh Lord, get me out of here!

I don't know how long I mourned everything I had lost, but when I was finally through sobbing, I was exhausted. Stumbling over to the bed, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. I woke to someone shaking my shoulder lightly.

"My lady," they whispered. I opened my eyes slowly. They felt heavy, they way they did when I hadn't slept enough. A young girl about tweleve stood in front of me. She was slightly dirty, a streak of dirt on her face and her hands crusted with something I couldn't identify. "My lady, the Laird has ordered you new gowns and a bath. He would like to see you when your ready." I sat up slowly watching her carefully.

"What is your name?"

"Tilda, my lady." I smiled.

"How old are you Tilda?"

"Fourteen summers, my lady."

"I'm going to make a deal with you Tilda," I said.

"A... deal, my lady?"

"A... er... bargain." She looked intrigued. "I will bathe, but when I am done, you must." She looked startled.

"But, my lady-"

"And another thing. Quit calling me my lady. Its Regan. Er, Rose. Call me Rose." Tilda blushed.

"It is not above a ladys maid to call her mistress by her name in the McNare clan?"

I didn't understand for a moment what she meant. Then it dawned on me. Right, I was Rose McNare. Got it. "Nope. Everyone called me Rose there."

Tilda looked enthralled. "And my ladys maid always bathed after I was done. Always," I emphasized. As long as I was here, I was going to make sure this kid was clean. And maybe a hair cut. Her red hair was ratted on her head. I tilted my head, mentally taking all the dirt off and fixing her hair. With a little work, she would be a beauty. I grinned.

"And how about I give you a make over?"

"A.... Makeover, my - Rose?"

I nodded. "A new look to impress the boys." I laughed when she blushed. Then I nearly screamed when two men came barging in the room carrying a large barrel looking thing. The set it in front of the fire and walked out. They were followed by two men carrying two buckets of steaming water each. The parade continued for what seemed like an hour until the tub was full.

Tilda helped me stand and strip out of my clothes. I tried deserately not to be bashful. No one had seen me naked since I was a child. But Tilda didn't seem to pay the least bit of attention. She busied her self cleaning the chamber. Straightening the bed, sweeping the floor.

Halfway through my bath a woman burst into the room carrying a bustle of fabric on her arms. She curtsied to me, and I inclined my head, not knowing what else to do. She hurried to the bed and dropped it onto it. Spreading it out, I realized it was a dress. She turned to me and curtsied again before hurrying right back out the door, closing it softly behind her.

I looked over at the dress and felt my breath catch. It was a blue almost the same color as my eyes. I didn't realize I was standing until I felt Tilda wrap a towel around my middle section. I smiled at her, and looked back at the dress. "Aye, its a beauty, is it not, my, er, Rose?"

I nodded quickly. "It is. Its georgous." I stepped out of the tub and over to the dress. "Who does this belong to?" I ran my hand down the fabric. I was soft as cashmere. "I need to thank her for letting me borrow her dress." Tilda smiled.

"It is your dress, Lady Rose." I turned and gave her a raised eye brow. "Tabby made it last night. She has a talent for being able to look a woman and know her size. She saw you last night during the sup and made it special for you." Tilda moved to touch the dress. "Is it not fine, my lady?"

"It is," I murmured. Tilda helped me dry off, and it was the most embarrassing thing that had ever happened to me. I took the towel from her, and wrapped it around my hair so it wouldn't touch the dress. Tilda gave me an odd look as she looked at my head, but helped me into a shift and then the dress.

It fit like a dream. Tilda buttoned all the tiny buttons on the back of the dress. When she finished, I turned around and held my arms out. "Well, how do I look?" Tilda clasped her hands together, as if in rapture.

"You look wonderful, Lady Rose." I smiled.

"Okay, you remember our deal, right? Into the bath water with you." Tilda smiled brightly, and began to strip right in front of me. I turned away quickly until I heard her splashing in the bath water. "Be sure to wash your hair and all your body." Tilda nodded happily.

I moved over to the chair at Tilda's back and sat. I towel dried my hair and began to run my fingers through it, trying to get it untangled. "There is a brush on the table, Lady Rose." Tilda pratically sang from the bath. Her good mood made me wonder how long it was since she'd had a bath.

I got the brush and began to run it through the wet curles on my head. When I finally finished my long hair was practically dry. Tilda finished her bath and dried off quickly. She began to put the clothes back on she had on earlier, when I stopped her.

"Wear this," I said, handing her the dress I wore the day before. She was shorter than I, and had a bigger bossom, but then again, everyone was shorter than me and had a smaller breast size. Tilda took it happily.

"Are you sure, Lady Rose?" I nodded.

"This one needs to be washed." Tilda smiled and slipped the dress on. It was a little tight on the chest, but it looked good on her. "Now I need a pair of.. um... shears?" I laughed.

After an hour, maybe more, I brushed out her newly cut hair. When she stood up, her hair was clean, bright red, and bouncy with curls. I cut it just a few inches below her shoulders. Not so short that it was indecent, but enough to be more manageable.

"Come now, Tilda, lets show you off!" Tilda giggled as she reached for the door handle.