Highland Magic Ch. 08

Story Info
Alex talks to Cien; Regan desses up.
1.8k words
4.77
19.6k
5

Part 8 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cien ground his teeth in frustration. Laird Jeremy Fitzhugh's son, Colin, did not seem to learn. At all. He was at his wits end after trying to teach the boy for the entire afternoon how to use a sword. Cien wasn't stupid. He knew he couldn't teach the lad everything there was to know about sword play all in one day, but he also knew the boy must be slow for he hadn't learned a thing.

Swinging high with his sword, Cien brought it down on the boy's open spot above his shoulder. A killing move. Throwing the sword to the ground, he grabbed the boy by the neck and held him up close to his face.

"I swear, Colin Fitzhugh, if you don't begin to pay attention and learn something I will send you back to your father and declare war," he grated out at the boy. The boy began to shake and nodded weakly. Unable to take anymore from the boy, he tossed him to the ground none to gently, and picked up his sword.

"You've got to be harder on him, Cien." Alex said as Cien passed. Stopping he turned to his cousin.

"Cousin, I have had an idea. You," he said brightly. " You will teach Colin over there how to protect his clan." Cien smiled at his cousin's obvious dismay. "Aye, you'll teach him and I won't have to." Grinning like a loon, Cien strode off, content for the first time that day.

And with that thought, he thought of Rose again. He wanted to slap his forehead and pull his hair out like the mad man he must have been. No other reason would there be to think of the Lady Rose the way he was. Utter foolishness, he told himself. Why would he want to get involved with a woman like her? He tended to like his women experienced, not fresh from the school room as she obviously was. He liked women who well, weren't virgins. Virgins meant commitment, and this woman had commitment written all over her.

Even while scolding himself for his thoughts of her, he couldn't make himself stop from looking up at her window. She was there, brushing her hair and staring into the distance, as if day dreaming. He didn't know how long he stood there staring up at the window, watching her brush her hair, when she looked down at him.

She seemed happy to see him, her face blushing with innocent pleasure. He grinned back at her and lifted a hand to wave when she suddenly went pale and fled from the window. Curious as to what startled her, he turned and looked behind him. Alex stood there, a fierce look upon his face.

"Is there something you need, cousin?" Cien asked, bringing Alex's attention to him.

"Nay, Cien. Nothing."

"Is there a reason as to why you wish to scare the Lady Rose?"

Alex shifted on his feet. "Well..."

Cien sighed. "Out with it. I have no time for this." Cien braced his legs apart and crossed his arms as he looked at his cousin with impatience. Alex looked at his cousin and forced it out.

"I think her a witch." Cien stiffened at the comment but didn't move. He watched Alex closely looking at his reactions.

"A witch." Cien said slowly. "Here, on Fraser land."

Alex nodded quickly. "Aye Cien. I think the Lady Rose is a witch." Cien shook his head slowly.

"Cousin, I think you need to rest. The Lady Rose is not a witch." Cien turned away from his cousin, dismissing the subject all together.

Alex bolted in front of Cien, stopping him. "Cien, don't be so hasty. Look at her. Has she not the look of a witch?" Cien sighed and shook his head sadly.

"She does not."

"Cien open your eyes, the lady has the dark gift!" Alex fair yelled at his cousin.

Cien took a deadly step forward and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Nay, the lady is not a witch, cousin. And take that to heart that I still call you cousin. If I ever hear you say such slander against the Lady Rose again, I shall be obliged to take action. Is that quite clear, COUSIN?" His voice deadly soft and his face inches from his own, Alex swallowed quickly and nodded, dropping his eyes from Cien's.

"Aye cousin. I shall ne'er say a word again."

"Aye, you wont. And you will ne'er bother the Lady Rose with such nonsense. Is that clear?"

"Quite, Cien."

"Good." Cien stepped back and took a deep calming breath. Turning back toward the hall, he dismissed his cousin all together in hopes of seeing Lady Rose at sup.

Did Alex actually think Lady Rose was a witch? It wasn't like his cousin to point the witchery finger at anyone, let alone a well bred lady. Cien forced himself to shake such thoughts from his mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to go down stairs to eat that night, but I for some reason, I felt I needed to. Tilda helped me slip into a brand new dress. Tabby had made me three in the two days I had stayed at the castle. A yellow one to match my beautiful light blue one I wore yesterday, and an pink rose colored satin frock.

When I had first seen the dress, I just about fell over from shock. I didn't think they had satin in the Highlands at this time period. Tilda explained that they traded with the French and other clans as that was the only way to get things. I nodded as if I already knew all that.

" I will be going down to dinner tonight." Tilda clapped her hands together in what I thought was happiness. "What time do I need to be down?"

"Sup is always served when the sun sinks from the sky." I nodded, and glanced out the window. The sun would be down in about twenty minutes. Standing I moved toward the door. "Where are you going Lady Rose?"

"To sup, of course." Tilda shook her little head. "I can't?"

"Not dressed accordingly." She picked up the satin dress and laid it on the bed. "Wear this, Lady Rose. Cien will surely take to you wearing this." I dropped my mouth open and gaped at her.

"How on Earth did you know how I feel about Cien?"

Tilda giggled. "You look at Cien the way I look at Reggie. The stable master." She giggled again, which made me giggle. Soon we were both laughing with out reservation. There was a knock at the door and Tilda, still laughing, opened it slightly.

"Cien, what do you need?" She asked, smothering her giggles.

"What is all the noise in here?" He must have tried to open the door, because Tilda had to push it back as it began to swing open.

"Cien Fraser! How dare you try to force your way into a Lady's chamber. She is dressing and we have been speaking jests to one another. That is all. Now be gone with you, brother." There was a silence at the door, before a gruff reply.

"Fine."

Tilda closed the door and leaned against it, letting loose with peels of laughter. When she finally calmed down some, she whiped at her eyes that were tearing and picked the dress up. "Come now, Lady Rose, it is time to dress."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The dress fit like a dream. It hugged my breasts just shy of too tightly, and when it hit my hips, flared out and looked like something fit for royalty. Tilda pinned my hair up so a few loose curls lapped at the bottom of my neck.

I never wished for a mirror more.

I didn't feel exactly comfortable wearing the dress, but Tilda assured me she had never seen anyone dressed more beautifully before. "Don't you think its a bit....much?"

Tilda shook her head quickly. "One must dress to impress her beau." I laughed at that.

"Who told you that, Tilda?"

"Tabby did, Lady Rose. She says that was how she got her husband to dote on her." I laughed again and shook my head.

"Imagine that." Tilda smiled and quickly brushed her own hair.

"Let us go down to dinner." Tilda smiled and took my arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cien was seated at the Laird's chair speaking softly to one of his soldiers when he caught a flash of color out of the corner of his eye. Glancing up, he lost all thought. Rose was walking down the steps, arm in arm with Tilda. She wore a beautiful dress made of rose colored satin, that made Cien's hands ache with the urge to touch it.

Would it be as soft as her skin?

"Laird?" Snapped out of his day dream, he looked back at the soldier. "Will that be all Lard Cien?"

"Aye, for now." Cien said, before returning his gaze to Rose. She spoke softly to Tilda as they walked toward the table. Tilda laughed loudly, and Rose smiled brightly. Cien stood as they approached.

"Lady Rose." Cien said taking a deep bow.

"Laird Cien." She answered and dropped into a perfect curtsey.

"Lady Rose," Cien said as she stood back up. " 'Twould be a great pleasure for you to sit near me for sup." Rose blushed brightly but smiled in acceptance. Moving to his right, he pulled a stool out for her. Taking her hand gently, he helped her sit.

"Thank you Laird Cien." Cien smiled in welcome. When Tilda sat down beside Lady Rose, everyone began to eat. Lady Rose reached for a fruit tart, as Cien bit into a mutton leg. She nibbled delicately, smiling up at him as she caught him staring at her.

"Do you know, brother," Tilda said from beside her, "that the Lady Rose was speaking of how she wished to see the Fraser countryside?"

Swallowing his bite, Cien leaned forward. "Is that so?"

"Aye," Tilda said smiling at Rose.

"Aye, I would love to see what your countryside holds, Laird Cien." Rose spoke, staring up into his eyes.

"I have the most wonderful idea, Cien." Tilda announced. "You should take Lady Rose for an outing tomorrow. Mayhap to the stream, and show her the fey mound?" Cien didn't look at his sister but continued to stare at Rose.

"Would you enjoy an outing tomorrow, Lady Rose?"

She blushed. "I would. It would be lovely to walk around outside, if only in the inner bailey."

Cien puffed up like an over stuffed goose. " 'Tis settled then. Tilda," he commanded, "tell cook to prepare a repast for us to be ready before nooning meal. I will take the Lady Rose for a stroll to the fey mound and the stream."

"Thank you. That is very kind of you, Cien." Rose whispered for only his ears.

"You are most welcome, Rose."