Highland Magic Ch. 14

Story Info
Leaving for the picnic on Loch Ness.
872 words
4.71
18k
3

Part 14 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was only a matter of minutes before Tilda had everything going they way it needed to be. I grinned at her as we mounted. She had picked the best guards, and from the expression on the six men's faces, they thought this was a bad idea. I flashed a smile at them. They all seemed to ignore it. The youngest blushed before he saw the error of his ways, and changed to a frown. It only made me laugh.

"You are in a fine mood, Lady." I glanced at one of the soldiers who'd rode up next to me and smiled brightly at him.

"Aye, I suppose I am. Who wouldn't be? I'm out of that dreadful room. I thought that if I didn't get out of there I was seriously going to throw myself out the window!" I said on a laugh. Sarcasm. I had missed it.

He gave me weary eyes and rode ahead of me. I glanced at Tilda. She smiled and pushed forward with her horse. I took a deep breath and looked down at the beast beneath me. He seemed calm enough. I tried to nudge him forward, but he didn't move. "Come on, they're leaving us. Move it." The horse shook its huge head and I sighed.

"I promise, that if you get me there in one piece, I'll give you an apple?" I said. Don't horses like apples? The great horse leapt forward, startling me, and almost tossing me to the ground. I screamed and wrapped my arms around its neck. The horse seemed to know where it was going, and with me wrapped around its neck, I felt secure enough. It galloped until it found the rest of the party outside the gate. Then it slowed to a canter and finally a walk.

I sat up, blushing like I never have. Everyone in the party was turned on the horses they sat on and looked at me. I tried to play it off as if I had meant to do that. "I... uh, I meant to do that." The soldier in front raised an eyebrow but the other's let it go. I glanced at Tilda before she turned around and saw an unmistakable light in her eyes. She was trying not to laugh. I felt my cheeks begin to burn again and wanted to just turn the damned horse around and go back to the keep. But if I did that, I would be stuck in that room.

I sat up straighter and plastered a smile on my face. I would NOT be going back to that room!

~~~~

Cien stood on the ridge and looked down. The hillside was covered in tall trees and a few small streams. Putting his hands on his hips he surveyed the land. He knew the infidels had gone this way, but where they had gone in the woods... He couldn't figure that out.

"Your keep is only a two day ride from here, Cien," Liam said as he approached. Cien nodded but didn't say anything for a long minute.

"The MacPhearsons keep isn't far from here." Liam nodded. "But Keith MacPhearson has an alliance with me. He would not help Alex." Cien spoke as he thought. Liam regarded him from his left.

"Are you so sure of that, Cien?" He asked carefully.

"Aye," Cien said, but the stopped. He moved his weight from foot to foot, staring out at the horizon. "They are religious zealot's, the MacPhearsons." Liam nodded watching him. Cien shook his head. "All we know is they traveled this way more than a week ago. They could be anywhere." Liam gave him grave eyes.

"At least your lady is safe in her tower."

Cien nodded. "Yes, for now she is safe in the tower. I pray she stays that way." Cien took a deep breath and turned to Liam. "Let us go, Liam. To the MacPhearsons." Liam grinned and turned to the soldiers.

Shouting orders, and scurrying soldiers didn't distract Cien from looking out over the horizon and wondering where Alex was. Could he have gotten the MacPhearsons to go along with his plan? He wanted to say no, but even he knew the MacPhearson Laird, Keith, held no honor except that of the Lord. And if Alex showed up ranting about a witch in the Highlands, Keith would be the first to head out to kill her.

"At least she is safe behind my tower walls," Cien said. Trying more to convince himself she was safe than to actually believe it. Oh, he knew every soldier he left behind would shed their life blood for her, and die before letting something happen to her, but he was suddenly afraid for her.

"She is in good hands Cien." Liam said from behind him. "I know how you worry. I loved Johanna the way you love your Rose." Cien looked at him. "Aye, I loved. Though, none knew it but her." Liam shook his head as if throwing the memories of his dead wife from him. "She will be fine, Cien."

Cien nodded, and turned away from the old Laird. Aye, she would be as safe as she could get behind his walls.