Highland Magic Ch. 15

Story Info
The Loch Ness.
1k words
4.77
19.6k
5

Part 15 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

From the window in the tower room that I had been a captive, or at least what felt like a captive, in for two weeks, the loch seemed close. But an hour later as we continued along the bumpy trail that lead to it, I wasn't so sure anymore. Tilda rode next to me busily chatting away like a little humming bird or something. I wasn't really paying any attention though. My butt was taking a serious beating from riding. Tilda didn't seem to notice. I would smile and give a small nod every once in a while to let her know that I was paying attention.

The forest we rode through was dense and thick with underbrush and old trees. The smells were ancient and lovely. The smells of a well occupied forest, and of an old forest. I glanced above me at the thick trees and saw that it was so dense, no light was coming though the trees. It should have scared me. Instead it made me grin.

"Here we are, Lady," one of the guards at the front called out to me. I looked at him and waited expectantly. "Loch Ness." I pulled my horse to a stop and looked at him like he was insane.

"Loch Ness?"

He tilted his head. "Aye, Lady."

I shook my head. "Are there any legends of the lake?" The soldier turned fully around on his horse and looked at me carefully.

"Aye. Saint Timmothy was said to battle a demon here. And then there is the legend of Old Laird Augustus. His son was eaten by a creature in the loch. No one swims in it, and only the brave put their feet into her."

I wanted to laugh. So legends were true, huh? I shook my head. Well, maybe there was something to the whole Nessie sightings thing. I never thought much of it to be truthful, but hearing it in the eleventh century? Well, maybe I'll pay closer attention.

We walked the horses close to the shore line before dismounting. My legs were incredibly stiff and sore. When I climbed off I almost groaned out loud at how sore I was. I watched Tilda, and she simply hopped down and went about setting the picnic up. I wanted to do that! Giving myself a strong mental shake, I forced myself to walk over to where Tilda was laying a plaid down to set the food upon.

"Is there anything I can do to help you, Tilda?" She glanced up at me a smiled.

"Oh, nay, Rose. I do believe I've got it under my control." I grinned at her.

"If that is the case, I think I'll just go dip my feet in the Loch."

Tilda shot up instantly. "Rose, didn't you hear? You can't. The loch is a beauty to look at, but deadly. Nay, you canna put your feet in there! For certain they will be bitten off by the demon!"

I laughed and shook my head. "Tilda there isn't any demon in the water. Its probably just a prehistoric creature trapped there. And I don't think they eat humans."

"Prehistoric?" She asked confused.

I gave her shocked eyes. Holy crap, did I just say that? "Er..." I looked around. "What I meant was..." I glanced around wildly looking for something to take her mind off of it. "Good heaven's I'm hungry. I hope you brought a lot of food."

Tilda watched me carefully as if she expected me to sprout wings and fly away into the horizon. I just stood there and gave my best stupid grin. Finally she smiled. "You're an odd one." Shaking her small head she plopped down on the blanket. "I've brought more food than we could possibly eat. Even with the soldiers here."

One of the soldiers behind me snorted, making me laugh.

I reached for an apple and the horse I rode reared up at the back of the 'camp.' Two soldiers rushed over to calm the beast, as I watched. "I wonder what caused him to do that?" I mumbled aloud.

" 'Tis mostly likely nothing at all, Lady," one of the soldiers called as the supervised the calming down of the horse.

"What is your name?" I asked.

He grinned at me and bowed. "Lochlain, Lady Rose." Standing he introduced the other soldiers. Patrick was the soldier who told me about the legends, Jacob and Harold were the ones trying to calm down the beast. Urlick and Gawain were leaning against rocks behind me. I nodded to each of them as they were introduced to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex stood in front of the men with his fist in the air. The soldiers behind him stood poised, ready in their hunting plaids. They'd watched the group of Frasers come down to the Loch, and while some of the soldiers were spooked enough to run away, most were fierce enough to stay with Alex at the lead.

Alex watched Rose as she sat on the plaid and spoke in soft tones to his cousin. Tilda laughed and Alex felt his fist clench harder than it already was. "Witch!" He hissed under his breath as he watched them.

Suddenly Rose stood and removed her shoes as she walked toward the Loch. "Witch!" He heard one of the soldiers whisper behind him. He knew she was a witch now. All doubt, if indeed there had been any at all, was washed away, as she dipped her delicate looking feet into the loch, and no demon came up to claim her.

He glanced behind him to see most every may crossing himself in protection. "We do this to save the Laird of the Fraser's is that understood?" All the men looked at him and nodded. "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live," Alex slowly repeated to himself.


Even the Holy Bible itself said he should burn her.

"Do not kill the soldiers. Knock them unconscious, but do not kill them. They are only loyal Frasers." All of the men nodded in unison.

Alex took a deep breath and released it slowly. It was now or never.

He dropped his fist.