Highland Magic Ch. 34

Story Info
Remember?
758 words
4.77
16.1k
17

Part 34 of the 34 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 04/30/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cien watched from the stables as Regan walked out of the house and checked her flash light. With a deep breath, she walked forward into the woods. Cien looked himself over, suddenly unsure of himself.

His new jeans were in a good clean condition, and the same could be said of his black sweater. He'd allowed Iris to pick out his clothes for this special occasion, and now he wasn't sure if he should have just worn his torn and burned kilt instead.

Taking a breath, he followed after her. She was only twenty yards ahead of him, and seemed to be taking in the sights around her. She was smiling, and humming to herself, he could hear.

After a few minutes, she stopped suddenly, looking to her right and her left. She seemed to debate which way she should go, and finally decided on the right, and took a step in that direction.

"Don't go that way, lass."

Spinning around, Regan gasped.

Cien walked until he was only five feet from her.

"Am I dreaming?"

Cien smiled. "Nay. I'm as real as you are."

Regan shook her head, and stared at him. "You were my dream..." She shook her head again. "I probably sound crazy." Cien took a short step forward.

"I don't think so. I know about your dream."

Regan groaned. "Iris tell you?"

Cien shook his head. "Nay, you did."

He didn't say anything, and watched her face. She looked at him for a long minute silently. "What is your name?"

"Cien Fraser."

Regan gasped, and took a step forward. "It isn't possible."

Cien moved forward until he was only a breath away from her. He couldn't believe she was real. He ached to be able to touch her skin. To hold her tightly to him. He knew it was an impossible dream, but he knew he had to hope anyway. "Nay, lass. You are my bride. We we're married in secret at my holding, Inverlochly Castle. The one up the way, there."

~~~~

How was this possible? I stared at him, wondering if I was truly going insane or if he was really standing there in front of me. My heart ached with pain, I had never felt before or could understand.

I can't explain it now, nor could I then or ever, but it was as if standing there, I knew him. My soul knew his soul, my heart knew his heart. He was what I had been looking for my entire life, and he was telling me I was already his.

"But I never..."

"Aye," he said slowly. "You have lass. Close your eyes, and remember. Ye know me more than any ever has. Ye stole my heart."

Closing my eyes, I let the feelings rolling and flowing through me take over. Was this real? I felt my heart constrict. I had loved this man. It didn't make any sense to my mind, but my heart and soul, they knew. And they weren't going to let me forget him.

I had a flash of visuals in my mind. Cien standing over me, fighting off men with swords as arrows flew all around us. Standing in front of a priest with Cien next to me, his plaid wrapped around our joined hands. Tilda...

I opened my eyes with a heart wrenching gasp.

Tilda.

I flung myself in to Cien's arms, holding tightly to his neck. "Cien, oh Cien..." I cried against his neck. "I thought I'd lost you..." I didn't understand the words coming out of my own mouth, but I knew them to be right. I had lost him, and somehow, he had found me again. "Tilda..."

"Hush, love," Cien crooned against my cheek, as he soothed me. "She is safe with her sweet love in Heaven, now. Think not of her pain, love. She is safe and happy, I promise you."

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath, breathing his scent deep.

Memories crashed down on me like a tidal wave.

Pulling away, I fell to the ground, and let them roll over me. Tilda with her bouncy red hair. Loch Ness. Getting married. Alac. The burning pyre. Maggie and her soft words.

Lying on the bed as I bled to death.

"How?" I forced out.

Cien leaned down next to me and shook his head. "I don't know. But I shall be damned to the Devil if I lose you again."

I threw myself into his arms. "Then never let me go."

Cien laughed. "I never shall. My Rose."