Highland Pack Ch. 04

Story Info
The pack is attacked; Stork is unleashed.
9.1k words
4.79
8k
7

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/27/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Gao called Mera once more. Mera come back now! she sent.

Mera replied, Madam Gao, I'm sorry. Shawn needs me. Then she muted the bond and left the forest.

Gao was upset. The she wolf blatantly disobeyed a direct order from her Madam Alpha. She had to deal with her. Then, Andrew entered. He reached for her hand. Gao thought. If something happened to him, I'd go search for him and not give up until he came home. He's mine. She found that she was not as upset with Mera as she should be. They'd talk, but in this situation she could understand.

Andrew squeezed her hand tightly. A fight was coming and he prayed they were strong enough to withstand it. Andrew alerted the pack and everyone went on high alert. The wolves closed rank, and the dragons, some of them, dispersed immediately.

Andrew knew they had guest visiting. He took a moment to speak with them and try and reassure them that they were safe. He was not surprised when the African wolves volunteered to fight with him. Baako joined the men, as the alpha called everyone to a meeting. He and his brothers went even though they were not members of the pack. His mate was going into a warzone and he was not letting her go out there without him. Being that they were guest and not pack members, Andrew asked that they not attend the pack meeting but to simply relax and give the pack members time to strategize. Baako and his brothers waited.

However, Baako's concern ratcheted up when dragons reappeared. He and his brothers talked. If they were home and someone attacked, their alpha would ask any guest to stand down also, but they were warriors and could help. They were just what this pack needed. His alpha was a lot like Alpha Parks. He did not keep secrets from his pack either. He also realized that here dragons were just as important to this pack as the Were creatures. Soon, his brothers had questions. "Baako, is it wise to say here? The alpha clearly does not want us involved. Are we going to go against his wishes? If there is trouble we need to go. Alpha did not send us here to fight." Apayo stated. He knew this was true, but he would not run. Gina was here and he was staying.

"Alpha would not be pleased if we ran like cowards. He considers this pack friend. I will contact Alpha for guidance." Baako stated.

His brothers nodded and waited as Baako sent to his alpha. His alpha told him, if Alpha Parks approved, join them. Baako smiled, and relayed the message to his brothers. The three brothers stood ready. If MacGregor thought they were going to war without them they were wrong. Baako and his brothers waited. As the pack met, the other guest joined them. Stork eyed the three dark Weres cautiously. Baako and his brothers moved away from the couple. Belinda was instantly annoyed. As she was about to speak Stork asked, "Why do you fear me? I have done you no harm."

Apayo answered, "You are evil, a demon. Nothing good will ever come from your kind."

"My husband has done you no harm. How can you judge him so harshly? You don't even know us." She stated.

Apayo eyed Stork. Disgust etched in his face. Stork was used to being watched warily, but here things were different. "That is true, madam, but I faced a Nemyra before. They are vicious monsters. They feed on life forces. I have been here and I have watched you. You are a decent man, but the demon sleeps within. If he is ever freed, I hope you can control him." Baako explained. Belinda gasped and held her husband's hand tighter.

The five chatted. Belinda looked around. Something was wrong. "Stork, we must help them." She whispered. Stork agreed. Baako heard her and he his brothers shared a look. It was obvious that this man was harmless, and would be a valuable ally to this pack.

Stork addressed the brothers, "This Nemyra demon, tell me about him?" Stork queried.

Apayo relayed the tale of their encounter. He and his brothers had encountered a Nemyra on their journey when they were younger, and the beast was very cunning. He wasn't as big as the guy here and he could disguise himself as human. Stork was fascinated. He knew of his kind, even though Matthias tried to shield him. For these three men to have survived an encounter spoke volumes of their prowess.

His respect for the dark weres grew exponentially at that moment. The brothers were curious. They had questions, but now was not the time to ask. It seemed their friends had issues and they were joining them in battle.

Apayo smiled, Brother, this pack is strong. There is not a pack alive that stands a chance against them. The alpha, if he is smart has a plethora of resources at his fingertips. I agree with you now. We fight with them.

Baako nodded, and the five waked to the door. Before they could knock, a dragon opened the door and they walked inside. Baako joined the betas, while Stork and Belinda stood with the dragons. Alpha Andrew stood before his men and women. It was obvious the Aloha was angry. He thanked them and then gave his final statement.

"The others think we are weak. They think just because our pack is different, that we are vulnerable. They are wrong. I've had it. We are not weak little simps, simple minded-men, waiting to be rescued. We will take care of these attacks once and for all. Ladies and gentlemen, assume your positions, it's time to end this." Andrew faced each warrior and they cheered.

He noticed stork and Belinda. He nodded. Stork was ready. This pack accepted him and there was no way he would allow any harm to befall any of its members. Stork was with the wolves. He smiled. Not only was he with them, he'd make sure his coven joined them as well. Unbeknownst to Stork, Conor had already contacted Anton and Stuart. The vampires were on their way.

*****

Soon, the meeting ended. Baako saw Gina, and she looked dazed. He went to her. "Gina?" He questioned.

She faced him and tried to smile, but she couldn't quite pull it off. "Um, Baako, I have to go. Madam Alpha needs us." She walked off.

Stork went to Rayan, Brecken and Yuric immediately. Belinda went to Gao. She offered to help. Gao asked her to assist the omegas with the children. They needed to eat and their parents had to prep for the upcoming conflict. Belinda did not protest, but went straight to work.

As she helped the Omegas, she noticed that the Were children were well trained. The oldest ones looked after the smaller children. She smiled, wishing she and Stork could someday have a little one but she knew that would not happen. Her heart raced as she felt a love so strong, so breath-taking that she was scared to hope. Searching within, she found the tiniest miracle. Her Stork had given her his precious seed. She would find a way to tell him, and she prayed that he would change his mind and want to keep the baby.

"Mrs. Caspian, can you help my sister?" One of the dragon hybrids asked. Zara was struggling trying to get into her seat, but it was a bit tall.

"Of course sweetheart." Belinda replied, and then she and the few omegas made sure all of the children were well fed and content.

Stork and the brothers approached Andrew. "Alpha Parks, we are honored to join you in battle." Baako spoke. Before Andrew could protest, the brothers explained that their pack joined with him and his friends. Andrew graciously accepted their help.

As the alpha talked with them, Gao met with her closest female pack members. Suni, Mari, and Gao sat.

Closing her eyes, Gao allowed her vulnerability to show. "I'm sick of this. We have made our home. We have not threatened any other creatures. Our pack is unique to us. I can't understand why we are constantly being attacked." Suni and Mari just listened.

Mari spoke, "Back home, our friend Ms. Nancy told me once that you don't have to do anything for someone to hate you. They just do. Madam Gao, we are strong and we will overcome this threat."

Gao looked at her, "Mari, is this because I'm dragon? Andrew and my children mean everything to me. Never thought I'd have a family, but you all are my family." She began to pace. " Inuit said..." She paused and forced her thoughts to calm.

"She is the dragon that's at Castle MacLean?" Suni questioned.

"There is something about her." Mari whispered. "Gao, she is related to you in some way?" She asked.

"She was my brother's mistress. She blames me for his death." Gao explained. "Inuit isn't important. We need a plan in place. Andrew does not want us on the battle field. He's wrong, I fight by his side."

Suni and Mari shared a look. "Madam Gao, this dragon, Inuit, could she have something to do with this?" Suni asked. She remembered how things were at Jackson when Lavinia and Zena were plotting. Women could be vicious when they had an agenda. She had only seen the female once, but her mannerisms screamed that she was out for vengeance.

"Honestly, I don't think so, but then again, she could have something to do with this." Gao admitted. "If she does, I will deal with her personally." Mari and Suni shared a look. "Suni, cam you keep an eye on Mera. I called her back but I think she might try and go to the city. Her friend, a dragon named Shaen, is not answering het. Let me call her." Gao called Mera. Yes Alpha Madam Mera answered.

Mera, where are you? Are you alright? Gao demanded.

Madam Gao, I'm fine. I'm near the city. There are strange packs traveling here. It's a lot of them. She replied. Let me find Shawn, and I promise I'll take whatever punishment I deserve. Mera explained.

Gao was annoyed, but she understood. I gave you an order and you defied me. We will deal with this when you come home. For now be careful. I'm informing Caitlyn that you are out there. You are to report to the dragons. Come straight to my office when you return home.

Mera immediately felt contrite, but she had to find Shawn.

Madam Gao, Mera exhaled, Yes ma'am.

*****

Meanwhile, Inuit sat at the cottage. She wanted to vanish back to the hotel, but for some reason, her magic's were muted here. She recalled meeting with Gao. Gao was pathetic. Not only had she lane with a furry beast, she gave birth to children by that creature. Then she thought of the children. They were adorable. She smiled, if Kulkrit were...Kulkrit is gone. It's Gao's fault. She took my future from me, and I will make sure her dreams are destroyed as well. She had to contact Myles.

"Mistress MacLean wishes to speak with you." One of her guards announced right before Caitlyn walked in. Inuit faced the Scottish Lady and her jealousy grew.

"Inuit, I wish I could say I'm glad you are here. But that would be a lie. Why are you really here?" Caitlyn demanded. She sat in the meeting with Gao, and watched this witch attack her friend. Gao had compassion for this woman, Caitlyn did not.

Inuit looked at her and answered. "You know what I want. Even if I can't get everything I want, Gao will suffer. That is all you need to know."

Caitlyn stood and advanced on the female, Inuit did not move. Kade entered, "Mistress MacLean, is everything alright?" He asked.

He could not allow harm to befall Inuit. She was his, and somehow, he would make his claim known.

"Kade, I'm fine. Your house guest, on the other hand, has a serious problem." Caitlyn explained.

Kade relaxed. Caitlyn suspected something but decided to wait. She faced Inuit. "He never loved you. He couldn't. Do you really want to end your life over a man that didn't give a damn about you?"

Inuit knew Caitlyn told the truth, but faked like she offense. She stood, but Kade moved swiftly. Placing his hand on the small of his back, Inuit calmed. Here she stood facing a ferocious female dragon that could end her instantly, but she felt safe. It made no sense.

Recognizing Kade's claim, Caitlyn gasped inside. "Kade, I hope you are mistaken." Caitlyn hissed.

Kade simply nodded, confirming Caitlyn's suspicions. "Kade you need to contact Conor when this situation with the pack is dealt with."

"Yes Mistress Caitlyn." He answered, and then the dragon mistress left.

Kade walked into the room where Inuit waited. She smiled when he entered. Kade faced her, a frown marring his brow. "You have no idea of the problems your presence here has caused."

Inuit laughed, "Of course I do, dragon. Your leaders have no idea of what to do with me. If they ban me, I might align myself with their enemies, but if they destroy me than they will appear to be heartless, callous leaders attacking innocent creatures that have no home. Such bullies!" She laughed, Kade moved then. Grabbing her, he lifted her squeezing her breath from her lungs. Inuit stopped laughing. Clearly she had teased her host a bit too much.

As suddenly as he lifted her, he let go. Inuit fell to the floor gasping for air. Kade took a moment to get his temper under control. "I apologize, Inuit. That was uncalled for. You have no need to ever fear that I would harm you in any way." He explained. Inuit gasped. No man had ever apologized to her before.

She had no response. Kade then walked out. Inuit touched the bracelet that he'd fastened to her arm the day before. She needed to contact Myles. She wanted to know what the next phase of the attack was. However, right now she had no way of reaching him, so she had to bide her time.

Kade needed time. The fates had to have it wrong. For over a century he served his leader. He never demanded anything, he just wanted to serve.

Fates, I know I have prayed and asked that I meet her. But, this woman, this girl, she is everything I despise. She is mean, vengeful, full of hate, and had no conscience. Please tell me I am mistaken. I am reading this wrong. Inuit can not be the one you've chosen for me. He sent.

Kade waited. Conor joined him. "I remember when Horatio met Diara. He was just like you, questioning the fates. She even left and tried to join another dragon clan. But in the end, the fates had chosen well. Your parents came together, and even today, their love is a beacon for many of us."

"Uncle Conor, I know Ma and Pa had a rough start, but they just didn't like each other. Ma didn't come here with the desire to hurt a member of our family." Kade explained.

Conor smiled, "Let's deal with this threat and then you can woo your wife."

Kade groaned. Kade, when will we meet her? His mother sent.

Not anytime soon, Ma. She has no idea of who I am right now. He replied.

His mother chuckled. The fates are rarely wrong. Give it time.

Kade sent his parents a mental hug. He decided to check on his guest.

Inuit was sitting on the sofa looking bored. Kade entered the room. Inuit was glad that he returned. Her dragon was always happy to see the large dragon. It confused her. "I'm going to the main house to retrieve dinner for the two of us. What would you like to drink?"

Inuit looked at him. Her dragon was eager to simply respond, but she would not let him know how he affected her.

"Whatever!" She huffed turning away from him. Kade walked out of the room.

*****

Meanwhile, Mera arrived in the small town. She searched for his familiar face, but had no idea where to begin. As she walked around, she was stopped. "Wolf, we can find Shawn. Let us escort you back to your home." Cameron suggested.

Before Mera could refuse, another dragon spoke. "Mistress Caitlyn said she can stay. We are to make sure no harm befalls the wolf."

Cameron sighed, "Come with us." Mera joined them.

As they walked, Mera relied on her powerful sense of smell. If Shawn was near, she'd scent him.

They headed to a local hotel. The dragons and the she wolf walked to the nearest landscape. Mera sat and watched the dragons talk. She was worried. She needed to know what they knew, but the dragons ignored her for now. Son an agreement was reached. Mera faced the leader, and he told her that they were tracking Shawn's last movements. They were following the trail Shawn followed. Before Cameron could suggest that she wait, Mera asked to go with them. Cameron reluctantly agreed.

They arrived at a secluded area, and Mera smelled a heinous scent. She frowned at the burnt, acrid, and sulfuric smells that burned her nostrils. "Something happened here." Mera gasped. Unable to breath the stench was so overwhelming.

Laird MacLean, someone was here with Shawn. I'm not sure, but I think it was another creature. Cameron sent.

Describe what you've found. Conor sent.

There is no trace of Shawn, but the stench smells of burnt flesh. Something powerful has done something to him. Sir, isn't there a demon visiting the pack? Cameron asked.

Conor paused. He'd met Stork, but Stork had not allowed his monster to awaken. There was another demon though. Conor knew that he'd come after what he felt was his. Somehow, he knew Stork was in the Highlands. If his suspicions were true, then the pack was not only under threat but in mortal danger.

Cameron, keep searching. Mera is with you, right. Ask her to allow her wolf to scent Shawn out. His dragon may be unable to respond to you, but her sense of smell can lead you to him. Conor explained.

Yes Sir. I'll share with them the plans now. Cameron stated.

He faced his small team, and then called for Mera. She came immediately. Her fear was a living entity. "Shawn is in danger, isn't he?" She asked.

Cameron faced her. "I think so, and his dragon won't respond. Laird MacLean asked that you use your wolf to see if you can scent him."

Mera stood, "Let's go." She ordered as the small group traveled out. The scents were strong, almost to much. Mera was determined. Cameron was about to call a halt to their search when she froze. She smelled him. Running to a group of people, Mera searched. She spotted him. Lying on the ground, in his human form, Shawn was trembling, cold, and clearly confused, Shawn held on to the beautiful girl that shielded him. Somehow, she felt safe. Somehow he knew her. Mera wasn't letting go, and held him in her arms. His body reeked. His clothes were soiled, but she was not concerned about that. Mera found him and now she had to keep him safe. The people around them stepped aside.

"What happened to him?" Cameron asked the men that stood around looking.

"I don't know. He's on something, tweaking bad, never seen nothing like it." The older man answered.

"Shawn, look at me. Please, open your eyes." Mera whispered.

He did not respond, so Mera lay behind him, wrapping her body around his. Shawn moved, and held her close. He opened his eyes, and Mera saw a deep nothingness. "Please, please, help me. I don't know who I am." Shawn whispered.

"I'm here; I got you." Mera whispered. "You're safe now."

Cameron contacted Conor immediately. Shawn could not fly home, so Conor arranged for a car to bring them home. Mera would ride back with him. Conor contacted Andrew and explained that Mera was helping his young clansman. He would make sure she returned home safely.

Andrew was relieved, and thanked his friend.

*****

Mercul met with ReNal once more. He was ready to strike.

You foolish vermin, why do you waste my time? Go, have your minions attack. That pack has something that belongs to me, and I intend to reclaim what is mine. RaNul sent.

Mercul smiled and quickly went to do his masters bidding. It was time to bring the pain.

"Alpha Parks, a word please." Baako requested.

Andrew really did not have time to converse with his guest, but he did not want to be rude. "Gentlemen, situation has come up, and I apologize. I cannot entertain your questions right now." He explained.

Apayo and his brothers shared a look. "Alpha, we have contacted our leader. He will send warriors if you need them. We are fighting with you, but our warriors are strong." Baako stated.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers