Highland Pack Ch. 07

Story Info
The story ends.
5.1k words
4.78
8.1k
9

Part 7 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/27/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

So, our story ends. Enjoy Chapter 7.

"Momma, tell Champ and Hunter that I can hunt too. Just because they have wolves doesn't make them better." Zara complained to her mother once more.

Gao sighed. Zara drove her brothers insane. She wanted to do everything they did and if they refused, she told.

The three children looked at their mother. The boys looked ready to be chastised while Zara looked victorious.

"You know what, Zara. You can hunt just a good as the boys. But today, give your brothers a break. Come on, I'm sure we can find someone else to play with." Gao suggested leading her daughter away.

"But Momma they always go into the forest without me." She complained.

Gao nodded and soon they saw Dreya and Haven. Zara had someone hew to play with.

"Madam Gao, do you need anything?" Suni asked surprised to see her with the kids.

Gao laughed, "No, my daughter is driving her brothers insane and I was hoping to find someone to distract her." She smiled.

The two women looked out as the three little girls played. "Suni, can she visit for a while at least? When you tire of her, I can come collect her." Gao asked. One thing that made MacGregor different, was the fact that the Alphas tried not to issue demands, they often asked permission.

"No problem, Madam Gao." Suni answered, and Gao thanked her and promised to keep the kids for a play date.

*****

Gao smiled and left. She checked her pack. Things were returning to normal. She checked in on Sam and his daughter. The family was adjusting, and she believed with time, he'd meet someone new. Lonnie on the other hand was cause for concern. He seemed to shut down.

Gao and Andrew made sure a beta was near him at all times. They hated the thought of him going rogue, but were prepared to do what was necessary to protect the public. One day Lonnie left. He just started running. Andrew was concerned, and Conor sent two dragons to watch him. He ran for miles, ending up in a secluded cove. The were-cat collapsed. His wept, his cries shaking the ground around him.

Unable to bear anymore, the fates intervened. Lonnie saw a vision. He was content. With him was a beautiful sandy-haired cat. She smiled at him, and his heart raced. Lonnie froze. Ingrid was even more beautiful than he remembered. She sent, Lonnie, we are safe now. It just wasn't our time. Please love, my love. Go on with your life and leave this heartache behind. We love you, and we want you to find happiness with someone new. I will always be here. Never think that you are alone. Then Ingrid faded.

Lonnie stopped crying. She was beautiful and she loved him. He had to go on. She would want him too. Rising to his feet, the bereaved were-cat headed back to his home. He knew it would be hard, but he had to live his life without the love of his life at his side.

Andrew was waiting when the were-cat returned. The two talked. Andrew gained a new level of respect for the young were. If anyone deserved a second chance at happiness it was Lonnie and Sam.

As he marveled at his pack member, he was interrupted. Rayan reported in. All was well with the pack. Since the attack, several new matings had occurred. And some of the females were now expecting. Andrew sighed. This was good news. He wondered about Shawn and Mera. If Shawn decided not to join the pack, would Mera still be under his leadership? Conor was also confused, not sure if he was ready to play alpha to a lone female wolf. Brecken and Rayan found his dilemma laughable. Father was their alpha most of their lives until the joined Bertrand. He and Mother were more than capable.

Andrew actually agreed with his betas. Caitlyn and Gao were not as concerned. The two women felt that wherever the two ended up, they'd be home.

Weeks went by and Shawn always found a way to be by Mera's side. Mera went about her duties. She was responsible for teaching the young pups and kittens survival strategies. Shawn watched from afar. He was not alone long. Emilie joined him. Emilie was curious. She liked Shawn and was curious as to why he connected with the Were instead of her. She was not attracted to him, even though she would admit that he was handsome.

Shawn knew his friend had questions. "She gets me, and you see me as a pesky older brother." Shawn stated, stunning Emilie.

"Well, if she had known you when we were kids, she might not be so impressed." She teased.

Shawn laughed, "She is the most perfect being. She's loving, giving, and so sweet. I want to spend an eternity making her happy." Shawn whispered.

Emilie smiled. She was truly happy for her friend. Soon some other dragons joined them and everyone talked. They wondered about Kade and how he was faring with his wife. A few of the females wondered about the Weres that returned home as did the males. They wanted to fly to the Americas and London to see their friends, but knew Laird Maclean had to approve such ventures.

The friends began to frolic and play. It wasn't so long ago that they were children, free to just enjoy life. Now they were young adults. They had fought in a battle to protect their friends. They witnessed their clansman almost lose himself to insanity, yet the witness him fall in live. They weren't completely clueless; Shawn was gone over Mera the first time she showed up in the Highlands.

She was so shy, so quiet. They would watch her. Often she would isolate herself from the pack.

Today, though he was no longer pretending to just be her friend. She was watching the little ones, but it was obvious that she was happy Shawn was there. Emilie sighed; she missed the freedom of just being a kid. Today, they could pretend to be kids again. Their joy was multiplied as children from the pack and caste MacLean joined them. The pups and kittens played with the dragon whelps as if they were all the same. Emilie laughed. Soon troubles melted away and nothing but joy and serenity remained. Soon, the kids shifted, and took off. The dragons laughed as several dragon babies, or whelps, joined their furry friends.

The kids played, as Mera warned them about being so rough. Soon Shawn approached Mera and joined her silently, as she smiled at hm. She could not leave her post, so he just sat with her. Emilie and the other dragons pretended not to notice the tender touches between the two. Zara, being ever outspoken flew up to Emilie. "Emie, tell Ronny that I can marry him if I want. He can't say no just because he's not a dragon."

Emilie laughed, "Little One, it doesn't work like that. The fates choose who we marry."

Zara frowned. "No fair. I want to marry Ronny."

Joining them, Kevin, a male dragon chimed in. "But Zara, what if Ronny wants to marry someone else? What if he meets a she wolf that he likes?"

Zara frowned, "Ok, I'll pick a new guy to marry." She looked around and saw her next victim, a whelp that was often getting into trouble. Emilie and Kevin looked on as the young alpha dragon went after her new prey.

Looking at Shawn and Mera, Emilie whispered, "I wish it was that simple.

Kevin stood beside her laughed, "It is. Sometimes you have to look at the guy standing beside you."

Emilie gasped and looked, then she laughed. "Good one, you almost got me."

He laughed. "We will find our soul mates one day. If the time is not right, at this moment, then in the future it will be." Emilie nodded and the group continued watching the children.

The hour grew late. And they returned home. The castle was filled with excitement as the young ones learned that Kade was returning. Shawn returned home, but he missed Mera. Conor put him to work hoping to distract him.

*****

Madrick was home. It took a moment, but soon everyone grew used to his appearance. However, it seemed that since RaNul was destroyed, many of his kind requested time with him. Madrick met with the demons, but expressed that he had no interest in ruling his father's realm. The demons grew concerned. If Madrick did not take over, a lesser demon could and that could wreak havoc. Belinda listened. She didn't want her husband in danger, but what if something or someone more sinister took control of that realm. Wouldn't that endanger them even more.

One night after several fire demons had gone, Belinda sat up. She sang to Vedric, as she waited for Madrick to join her. He walked in and knew instantly that she was worried.

"Belinda, I swear on all that I am, no one will harm you." He whispered, pulling her into his embrace.

Belinda sighed, "I talked with felicity. The demon, Roedan, was evil, deadly. He did not hesitate to kill. If Ranul's throne goes unclaimed, anyone can take it, Madrick. If another assumes power, he can come after you again. I know you don't want to rule an evil plane, but what if you took over and maintained peace."

Madrick shook his head, "I can't become what my father was. I am demon, love. To take over that plane, I have to devolve. I have to become the thing I despise the most. The part of me that is decent won't survive. If I take the post, I will never see you nor Vedric. I won't allow myself too. "

Belinda gasped. "Madrick, what are you saying?"

"Ranul was a sick twisted bastard. But he left me here. He left me where someone would care for me. He only came back when he needed me to feed his demon. He didn't care who he hurt or how. He planned to drain me and in a few more centuries, he would come after our children." Madrick exhaled. "If I go, I have to leave you and him for good. I must disappear because I could never endanger you or him. Think about this Belinda. Are you sure you want me to go?"

"It can only take over if you let it." Belinda exhaled. "I know you. I know what you are capable of. I love you and have loved you for as long as I can remember. You need to rule that realm, but you don't have to be like RaNul. You are Stork, my husband, my friend, my love. You are a good, honorable man. Don't let evil win."

Madrick's eyes glowed. "We are one now." He growled. Belinda did not step away. Madrick grabbed her arms to push her back when his child spoke Daddy.

"I can't abandon you. You believed in me more than I believe in myself. I don't deserve you." He whispered, embracing his wife.

Belinda held her husband. "It's OK. It's scary, but we will make it through this."

Madrick held her close. "I know we will." He whispered. Then he sent to Matthias.

*****

Gao was silently watching her mate. He wanted to tell her something, but was nervous. "Out with it, Wolf. What secrets re you hiding." Go demanded.

Andrew, who was lying beside her rolled over. "Promise me you won't yell." He stated.

Gao frowned. "Nope, but go on."

Andrew exhaled, "Inuit and Kade are on their way here. They are visiting castle MacLean as we speak. I have given them permission to come to the compound and talk with us tomorrow."

Gao froze. Andrew waited. Then she exhaled, "OK, how long are they visiting?" She asked all nice and calm. Andrew grew suspicious. His mate was too calm. He checked their bond, and nothing.

"Gao, I know you despise her, but..." He paused.

"She is the way she is because our clan was the way it was. I am furious at her for trusting our enemies, but something was different about her when they left. Besides, Zara talked about her so much, I'm curious. It will be fine. I can be civil." Gao promised. Andrew was relieved. If Gao welcomed her, then the rest of the pack would relax.

The day went on uneventfully. Conor and Caitlyn were anxious. Caitlyn actually had Kade's home cleaned, and was awaiting her guest. Soon the two dragons flew in. When Kade and Inuit arrived, they were greeted by curious onlookers.

She was not surprised to see that Inuit stayed behind her husband. The female dragon had been banned and was not to return to parklands for any reason.

"Kade," Caitlyn rushed forward. Kade hugged his leader as he stepped aside and she greeted his wife cordially. Conor also greeted him, but unlike Caitlyn, he gave Inuit a quick embrace.

The four talked, and Caitlyn told Kade his home was ready for them and they were expected to joined them for dinner later. Kade took Inuit back to his home. It was exactly the same as he had left it. Inuit was quiet. Although, she was happy her husband was well received, she still felt out of place. A small part of her wondered, if he was not invited to stay in Castle MacLean because of her. As guest, it was ridiculous to have an entire house cleared for them.

Kade was in the shower when he heard her thoughts. In all honesty, a part of him thought the same, but at least they allowed them to come home. Sending Inuit a mental hug, Kade reminded her of his love. She smiled and showered her mate with love. This would not be easy, because she still had to face Gao.

As they prepped for dinner, Ciara, the twins, and the boys arrived. Knowing this would be a tense evening, Ciara sent calming waves to everyone involved. When Inuit and Kade arrived, emotions were under control.

The pack talked before dinner, with Inuit saying very little. She had nothing in common with these women. They had children, and she did not. They had careers, but she stayed home. They had husbands that saw them as equals, while hers was just accepting her.

She was not like these women. Soon dinner ended and the women decided to leave the children with the men. Taking Inuit with them, they went out. Inuit was nervous. Social scenes did not bode well for her, and she was right. As soon as the small group entered a local night spot, the atmosphere changed. Men looked at Inuit and lusted. Caitlyn had to admit, the girl was beautiful. However, she realized that she never sought such attention. As the women talked, several males approached. "Inuit politely refused and most walked away, except one.

"Inuit, you remember me. We were good friends." He teased. Inuit blushed. Her past was her past. The others were silent.

"Please leave me alone. I'm not that person anymore." She whispered.

Caitlyn grew annoyed as the man persisted. "Girl, for the right price, I bet you will be."

He grabbed her hand, and she snatched her hand away. "Look, bitch. I'm willing to pay. Last time, he let me have you for free." Inuit went still.

Caitlyn signaled for her guards. "Take this bastard out of here. Sir, I am Laird of this land and Inuit is a part of our clan. I have heard all I can stand to hear. I don't care what kind of creature you are; I will have you beaten within an inch of your life if you ever bother this woman again. If you value your pathetic existence, then go now."

He swallowed, "Bitch ain't worth it anyway." He walked off. Inuit dropped her head as tears of humiliation fell from her eyes. Ciara spoke, calming her. The other women offered comfort as well. Inuit was crushed. I am what I am. Kade doesn't deserve this. She thought castigating herself.

Like magic, Kade, Conor, and several others appeared. Kade went to her immediately. Caitlyn explained what happened. Kade lifted her chin, wiped away her tears, and kissed her gently. Then sitting and holding her in his embrace, he kissed the top of her head. Everyone gasped. Two messages were sent at that moment. She was his, and he loved her despite her past.

Caitlyn smiled, and in that moment, Inuit formerly of the Ming Clan became, Inuit of the MacLean Clan. Conor and Caitlyn smiled. Gao gasped as a bond formed with Inuit once more.

*****

Felicity, Valkyre, and Rhyannon had plans. They were giving Madrick and Belinda a baby shower. Belinda should give birth soon, and had not decorated the nursery. As his family vanished in, Madrick was alerted. It was then he realized that Belinda had not nested. He went in search of his mate. He sent to his son. The baby seemed fine, and he wondered why she had not nested.

Belinda wondered what her husband was thinking. He was too silent. "Stork, I mean Madrick, what's wrong?" She asked nervous.

"You have not prepared our home for our son. Val, Rhy, and Felicity are here to shop with you. Is there something you need to tell me?" he asked.

Belinda smiled, "Come with me." She led him to a small room, near their private quarters. Madrick gasped. The nursery she had made was beautiful, small, holding his favorite art, and books, so many books. Madrick laughed. Lifting her, he kissed her passionately.

"Why do they not know?" He asked.

Belinda smiled, "I wanted to show you first."

His heart soared. Never in his life did he even dream he'd meet a woman like this. Val, come to our bedroom He sent. Val and the other women joined them, and Belinda showed the ladies her nursery. They were amazed, and still insisted that she allow them to have the shower.

Belinda agreed, and the ladies took over. In a few hours, Madrick's and Belinda's home was filled with family and friends. Andrew and Gao called, as did Conor and Caitlyn. Astredon wanted his uncle. Belinda watched Madrick interact with the little ones and smiled, Vedric was one lucky little boy. A sharp pain in her lower back made her grimace. No one noticed. Time passed and she felt another stab of pain. All of sudden she need to walk.

Madrick sensed that something was off. Love, are you alright? He sent.

I'm fine love. Just some back pain. Belinda replied.

She stood and began to pace when suddenly she doubled over in pain. Madrick moved to her immediately. Val and felicity took action. Ordering Madrick to place her in their room, they called for the midwife. She came and Madrick stayed as the family waited.

Belinda screamed and it seemed that hours passed. Madrick never left her side. With each pain, he hurt. With each tear he cried. Then, a miracle happened, the midwife told her to push. Vedric Caspian entered the world silently.

Belinda gasped. "My baby, he's not crying. Stork, please is he OK?"

Madrick looked on terrified. He could not lose his child now. The midwife cleared his nose and mouth, and then a sound like the mewling of a kitten emerged. Followed by bellowing lustful cries, as their soon took his first breath. Madrick cried, and waited as the midwife cleaned the babe and placed him in Belinda's arms.

She gasped, "He's perfect. Madrick agreed. His son was perfect. His demon features were visible, but not overwhelming. Two dark horns extended from his forehead which was covered in thick dark hair. Madrick whispered. "Vedric, welcome." And he opened his eyes. Beautiful blue orbs stared at his father and Madrick fell in love all over again.

"Hold him." Belinda whispered. He did. As he held his son, Madrick knew what he had to do. The realm of RaNul needed to be destroyed. He was never taking over that realm.

The midwife asked, and the rest of the family came in. Matthias held his nephew and he loved that little boy instantly. Anton joined them and he knew. Madrick had to go back.

"We vanquished RaNul years ago. Let us help you destroy that place." Conor asked.

"Thank you." Madrick whispered. He had to go. Pulling Matt aside, he told him of his mission and asked that he look out for Belinda and the baby.

"Wait, Madrick!" Matthias yelled s his brother vanished. He looked around and realized that Anton was gone as well. He and Gus shared a look. They would find out what was going on and destroy whatever was a threat to their family.

"Val, where's Madrick?" A frantic Belinda asked.

Hearing her, Matthias entered the room. "Where is my handsome nephew? I have a lot to teach that boy." He added causing Belinda to smile. Sitting beside her, Matthias swore his loyalty to his family.

*****

Belinda was tired. Madrick asked Val to stay with her. He then vanished. Anton joined Stuart, Conor, and they called on one other, Blako, Red Lord of the Dark World. Not surprising, he came. "Anton, Conor, Stuart, this is the last time I will come to you. What do you need of me?"

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers
12