Home Shopping

Story Info
Son discovers what his mother actually does at work.
13.4k words
4.73
219.7k
501

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/24/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sunburycd
sunburycd
4,229 Followers

'Well, how will I get to and from work each day?' I overheard Mom ask my father from the kitchen. Dad had been given an overnight shift at the plant for the next few months and it was already throwing out my parents' schedule.

Ever since I could remember, Dad had driven Mom to work, gone on to his own workplace, and picked her up on the way home. It had been practical and convenient, meaning they had only ever needed one car.

Mom worked at the local television station. It sounds glamorous I know, and when I was a kid, it was pretty cool seeing her on the news desk each day. She was a local celebrity in the community and by association I was pretty popular in grade school. Unfortunately, our town had been slowly dying over a number of years and with cutbacks, the local news was no longer being broadcast from the station, leaving the Home Shopping channel (thankfully being syndicated) the only production coming out of it.

Mom went from newsreader to salesperson pretty much overnight and I and most of my friends (teleshopping not being required viewing at our age) rarely saw her face on screen. There were still perks, however. The house was filled with unused exercise equipment; rarely used kitchen appliances and utensils; and Mom had a never-ending supply of cheap jewelry; all compliments of the advertisers.

I turned the volume down on the television and sunk into the couch in an effort to hide my presence. I had a feeling I knew what Dad was about to say, that she could use my car, or I could drive her, and I didn't like either prospect. I was enjoying the same free time my older sister had taken between school and career, she had traveled; in my case, I was lazing around the house. I certainly didn't want my style cramped now by driving my mother around, or worse still, losing my car each day.

'What about Corey drives you?'

Fuck, I thought as Dad made the suggestion. Mom was quiet in response and Dad went on.

'We can't expect him to loan you his car, but he could at least give you a lift. Christ knows he does nothing else all day!'

I silently cursed him for the comment, obviously thinking I couldn't hear but I had to admit he was kind of right, and to be honest, I was admittedly even getting a little bored. There were worse things in the world than chauffeuring my mother around I supposed, right then I couldn't think of any, but I was sure they'd come to me eventually.

I waited for Mom to finally give him a response and when I heard a chair move and her approaching footsteps, I knew she'd gone along with him.

'Honey?' Mom asked over my shoulder.

'I'll do it!' I broke in before she had a chance to ask me the whole question.

She came around the couch and faced me. 'What, you overheard?'

'Yep.'

'And you don't mind? It'll only be for a couple of months or so. We'll... I'll, be ever so grateful!' She smiled in the light from the television.

'Oh yeah? Remember that when it's my birthday!' I grinned back at her.

*

A few days in and it wasn't so bad. Dad told me not to pay my weekly board to cover the extra gas I was using, and it was even pleasant spending twenty minutes or so each day in the car with Mom. The station was well out of town on the interstate, atop the highest hill in the region, and as per usual, I'd taken to getting there a few minutes early each day to enjoy the sun setting over our picturesque Californian township.

6pm came and went and Mom hadn't appeared. I did an impatient lap of the parking lot to stretch my legs and spent a few more minutes sitting on the hood of my car listening to music. Come 6:30 I headed inside the station to find out what was the hold-up.

The reception area hadn't changed in at least the ten years since I'd been there. More amazing, nor had the woman behind the desk.

'Well look who it is! Little Corey Douglas,' the woman exclaimed.

Her name was totally lost to me, but I smiled as though it wasn't. 'You remember me?'

'Well of course Honey. Little Corey Douglas. You and your sister used to pretend you were newsreaders in the studio when we were off-air! Used to love playing on the kitchen set as well if I remember correctly. You here to see your mom, Love?'

'Yeah, to pick her up actually,' I replied.

The woman looked at the time behind her. 'She still has half an hour. You go on through Hon; they're recording so just keep it down now,' she lifted a finger to her mouth as if to emphasize the point and gestured me towards the studio doors.

I had been there countless times as a child. I recall I did enjoy playing on the kitchen set, fake oven and all. If they were cooking something on-air it would be done in the staff kitchen prior and made to look as if it was done right there and then. The wonders of television I suppose.

I walked through the double doors and as the receptionist whose name was on the tip of my tongue had advised, I kept it quiet. The studio itself was dark but the set for the home shopping was brightly lit. Before the two cameras, only one of which was operated by a human, three women were waxing lyrical about the product they were plugging. I didn't need a degree in advertising to know what that product was.

Standing before the others, the tallest of the three was dressed only in pink underwear, a bra, and panties. Even from where I stood, well back in the darkness, I could see she was beautiful. Probably about my age, maybe older. Long blonde hair and a body not out of place on the cover of magazines. The other two were older, one with her back to me wearing a ridiculously tight mid-thigh dress that accentuated every curve, and the other in a business dress. I couldn't see Mom anywhere and just as I was about to head back out, I was taken by the elbow.

'Hey stranger,' the woman whispered as I turned. My mother's friend Delores, whom I hadn't seen in years as well, smiled brightly at me. Wearing a headset with a microphone, she was obviously producing. 'Your mom told me to look out for you.'

'Hey, Delores. Yeah, I'm meant to be picking her up. Have you seen her?' I whispered back.

A slightly confused expression came upon her face. 'Open your eyes silly, she's on set!' She remarked, then looked down at her watch. 'One more change and she's done.' Someone must have spoken in her ear, and she raised a finger to me as if to wait before shaking her head and leaving in a hurry.

My eyes were open! Or more to say, they were opened. I looked again at the three women and now not so fixated on the younger of the group, I realized the woman in the skin-tight dress, was my mother. Now facing me, her blonde hair up in a bun and face heavily made up, she was hardly recognizable as the woman I'd dropped off that morning. To be honest, she looked stunning. I moved in and took up one of two chairs behind the camera. Now closer and able to hear, she only looked better, and my initial fascination with the underwear model was forgotten.

'...that's right Gayle, no panty line!' My mother remarked. 'And also, as you'd know, women of our age,' she let out an endearing giggle, 'everything tends to sag. Not with the Wonder Panties. They tone the booty. They cinch the tummy, and dare I say it, Gayle, with the added lace trim. Even provide a bit of sex appeal.'

Jesus, I thought. My mother was talking about "sex appeal."

'Well, now you mention it Angela, and we'll look here on our lovely model Sasha while you get changed. The lace trim...'

I tuned out as Mom turned and walked off the set, her legs long and high heels clicking. High heels! Mom never wore heels. The woman in the business suit, Gayle, was pawing at the underwear model, stretching her panties at the leg and running her hand almost seductively across her buttock. Ordinarily, I would be fascinated with the show, but my mind was elsewhere, backstage with my mother, wondering just what she was changing into. I didn't have to wait long.

She returned from stage left and for that one amazing instant, the flesh-colored underwear matching her skin tone perfectly, I thought she was naked. Walking forward to join the other women, Mom looked directly at me and squinted slightly, obviously finding it hard to make me out under the strong lighting. A look of recognition came across her face and smiling before turning her attention to the others, gave me the slightest wave of a hand.

She knew I was watching her. Watching her in her underwear. I wondered what went through her mind at that moment. Did she even consider it? Was I making too much of a deal over the fact this was the first time in my life, as far as I could remember, I'd ever seen her in bra and panties? In heels, bra, and panties no less. With another semi-naked woman!

Gayle turned her attention to my mother, molesting her in much the same fashion as the younger girl. I looked up to the monitor showing what was going to air and the cameraman had focused down on my mother's crotch, her groin taking up all the screen. Some moments stay with you for life, this was mine! Mom moved her leg slightly and above the smooth pale skin of her inner thighs, the twin bumps of her cameltoe came into view.

Gayle took her by the hips and turned my mother around as my eyes stayed glued to the screen. Her ass filled the monitor. A real woman's ass, not the skinny butt of the model beside her. Plump, meaty, and delectable. At the top of her crack, I could see the line of a thong beneath the so-called Wonder Panties, before finally, the camera panned out to release me from my spell. The damage was done, however. My dick left rock hard in my pants.

'...now we're getting low in the XXL in the pink. Is that right Delores?' Gayle spoke off-set and waited for a response in her earpiece. 'Uh huh, yes ladies and we've sold out in all sizes in the nude!' Gayle enthused.

Of course, they have! I thought. With my mom advertising them, even I was thinking of buying a pair! A tap again on my shoulder and Delores reappeared beside me. 'Sorry about that,' she whispered. 'My production assistant has gone AWOL; I'm having to do everything.'

'That's okay,' I was thinking of how obvious my erection may have been in the front of my track pants and needed to get out of there. 'I was just going to wait out the front, can you tell Mom I'll be in the car.'

'Oh sure, you can stay here though, you don't need to run off,' Delores suggested but I was already out of the chair, stooped forward a little so as not to reveal my secret.

'That's cool, good to see you again Delores,' I remarked as I made my way out of the studio without looking back. The receptionist had her attention on a phone call and casually waved as I hurriedly left.

*

In the safety of my car, I finally relaxed. What the fuck had just happened? I had seen my mother in her underwear, gazed, focused on her pussy and ass and I'd got an erection. Was I sick? A pervert? I gripped the wheel and willed my cock to soften. Five minutes passed and it did. Just in time for Mom to hop into the passenger's seat.

'I'm so sorry. I couldn't text you, my phone died. Wonder Panties booked another slot, and we went into a second hour. You're not angry with me, are you?' Mom asked.

She'd changed into the clothing I knew her in, jeans and a t-shirt but somehow, she still looked sexy. Still wearing makeup, her hair remaining in the bun. I looked into her heavily mascaraed eyes, and her full red lips, and felt the desire to kiss her.

'I... I didn't know you did that, back there,' I stammered.

She looked confused. 'You know what I do! I've done this for years,' she opened her bag and took out makeup remover and some tissues. She stopped as I think she realized what I meant. 'Oh!' She turned to me, and a smile spread across her beautiful face. 'Did I embarrass you?'

I felt myself go red and diverted my eyes, putting the car in reverse. 'No!'

'You left in a hurry. I turned around and you were gone. Thought you would've hung around to meet Sasha.'

'Who?' I asked.

'Ah, the underwear model! She's from L.A.'

'Oh, I didn't even notice her!' I answered, and it was mostly true.

'Yeah right!' Mom laughed as she began to remove her makeup.

I looked across and wanted to tell her it was her I'd been watching. I wanted to tell her how amazing she had looked and the effect it had had on me. 'The makeup's nice on you. You looked pretty.'

Stopping at the turnoff to the station, Mom momentarily paused removing her makeup. She looked over at me seemingly stunned. 'Wow!' her expression softening, she touched me on the thigh for an instant. 'A compliment? Thank you, that's nice of you to say.'

I shrugged. 'No big deal,' I said, my face afire. 'Just remember it on my birthday.'

My cock was already beginning to re-harden.

*

That night I watched the Home Shopping Network in my room in the hope of an encore screening. It didn't come. Instead, I saw Mom presenting the latest in food-slicing technology. The Slice-n-Dice. I knew the product; it sat unused in the cabinet under the sink. The appliance held no interest; my mother, however, captured my attention. She wore a black skirt and a red satin shirt. In one camera angle, I could see her black bra at her cleavage and even the bump of nipple poking out the satin. This woman on the screen, with her immaculate makeup, perfect fingernails, and styled hair, was two rooms away from me wearing a nightie and about to go to bed. I wondered if she was wearing her Wonder Panties and I dismissed it. Of course, she isn't, I told myself. You know she was wearing a thong underneath, the devil on my shoulder whispered. She has a thong on under her nightie. No, that would be uncomfortable, my thoughts rambled. She's wearing nothing! It wasn't long after I came into my hand and went to bed reliving the entire day's events, but one woman firmly in the front of my mind.

*

With my PVR set up to record the day's programming on the Home Shopping channel, I left with Mom to drop her off at work. In the car with her dressed in old gray leggings (which I now noticed her legs looked so shapely in) and a blue sweater that sadly covered her impressive breasts, I tried small talk. 'How's Dad liking the new shift?'

'Oh, you know. We'll get used to it. It's strange sleeping alone though!' She yawned before taking a sip from her coffee mug.

I wanted to say I would be willing to keep her company but decided against it.

'So... What's on for today?'

'Oh, I don't know honey. I'll have to check the rundown.'

I glanced across at her while at an intersection. She wasn't wearing makeup, yet she looked beautiful. The natural lines of a middle-aged woman, her hair tied back, yet to be styled. I risked asking the question. 'No... what was it? Wonder Panties, today?'

She looked at me and smiled. 'Ah, I know what you're up to Mister!'

I looked ahead as I drove on, blushing. 'What?'

'You have to get up a little earlier to get one over your mother!'

'Mom, seriously I don't...' I began.

'You're hoping to see Sasha again!'

'What? No!' I admitted, relieved she hadn't seen through my facade.

'I don't blame you, she's beautiful. I wish I looked as good as her. It's a little intimidating standing next to that.'

I wanted to tell her how hot she looked, that I only had eyes for her. 'You looked good too!'

'Hah, yeah right. You didn't even notice me!' She laughed.

'No, I did. You looked really good actually!' I had said it, thrown in the "really" for added effect.

'Hmm. Okay. Two compliments in two days. You really are after a good birthday present this year, aren't you?'

'Ah... yeah. I guess,' I lied.

*

At the station, Mom leaned across and kissed me on the cheek to thank me for the ride. She never did that! I watched her walk toward the doors, her ass swaying and waited until she was out of sight before I headed off more than a little disappointed. I brightened however, as I thought of seeing her on TV when I returned home, and the potential advertising slots she'd host throughout the day.

Nearing our house my phone began ringing and I put it on speaker.

'Honey sorry to bother you, but could you come back to the station?' Mom asked. 'Delores wants to talk to you!'

'What about?' I inquired.

'Um, probably better to discuss it in person.'

She was being vague, and I immediately wondered if my erection the day before hadn't gone unnoticed. I had visions of myself on video skulking from the studio, my cock tenting out my pants like a common pervert. I pulled up the car and headed back the way I'd come. 'Yeah, I'll be there in ten.' To face the music, I thought.

The same woman was still behind reception, and I wondered if she ever left. She greeted me as warmly as ever and directed me to the office directly behind her. Mom and Delores were seated, and I was instructed to join them.

'Why do you look so nervous?' Delores quizzed and I hadn't realized I was giving off such a vibe. She looked at my mom. 'He must have been like this on parent/teacher night!' She laughed and it gave me the impression this meeting thankfully wasn't about the "erection" incident.

Mom took a sip from her coffee, still wearing the clothes I'd last seen her in.

'No, he was always a good student,' she smiled at her friend.

'Well anyway Corey, I was talking to your mom, and she tells me you're currently unemployed,' Delores said.

I shifted in my seat as I realized what this may have been about. 'Yeah, I don't know what I want to do just yet.'

'Well as I may have mentioned to you yesterday before you ran off so quickly...' Did she know about my hard-on I wondered? 'The station's production assistant has quit and left us in the lurch so to speak. I, we...' she looked at Mom. '...were wondering if you might like to try out for the position?'

I couldn't hide my enthusiasm. I would be working with Mom. I wasn't thinking about the money or the experience right then and there. All I could think about was, I'd have the opportunity to see her in her bra and panties again. 'Yeah!' I blurted out.

'There'll be no favoritism though. Just because you're Angela's son doesn't mean you can slack off,' Delores stated.

'No, I won't!' I jumped up from the chair as if readying myself to get started.

'Whoa relax Corey. I was only joking,' Delores laughed.

'No, I'm just grateful,' I looked across at Mom who smiled back at me. 'How good is this, Mom? We'll be working together.'

She nodded and looked back at Delores. 'See, I told you he'd be enthusiastic.'

Delores glanced at her watch. 'Right, we're on air in twenty minutes. You have to get to makeup,' she looked at Mom, before focusing her attention on me. 'And you need to be shown the ropes.'

*

Production assistant meant gopher. Go for this, go for that. I felt slightly important with my headset and microphone, but I was under no illusion I was on the bottom rung. I didn't care; I was now a part of television. Showbiz was in my blood. A semi-famous chef came in mid-morning to plug an air fryer and my job was to see to it his coffee was continually topped up for the whole two hours. Mom looked stunning in a white satin tank top and gray pencil skirt, and I couldn't believe I hadn't been watching her every day for the last ten years. She was funny and intelligent, her smile and her eyes brightened the room and lit up the screen. I loved her. No, more than that, I was falling in love with her.

No Wonder Panties! Funeral cover; pet insurance; throw rugs; and overpriced stuffed plush bears, filled the day. I was kept constantly busy; relaying stock levels to the hosts; preparing products for display and even cleaning and swapping sets between shoots. Never bored, the day flew by, and come 6pm, Mom came to find me to tell me it was time to go. 'You'll have to help me load some exercise equipment into the car,' she said as we walked from the studio to the back of the station.

sunburycd
sunburycd
4,229 Followers