Homeward Bound Ch. 01

Story Info
A simple story of mistakes, heartache, love & forgiveness.
5.4k words
4.42
124k
66
30

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 03/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Temuchen
Temuchen
271 Followers

"I used to fly way back when, so if my terminology or procedures are not quite up to par, please forgive me. This is a simple story of mistakes, heartache, love and forgiveness."

Temuchen

*

Looking out the window, all I could see was a grayish white blanket...nothing more. Glancing from left to right, I re-checked the instruments making sure of my heading, attitude and altitude. Yeah, everything okay...so far. I didn't like flying through clouds, which meant I had to pay more attention to my gauges instead of flying visual. Looking at my VOR settings, I saw the needle was off to the right. Shit, I was going to be chasing that stinking needle. I checked the map and found I had a variation of five degrees off course. Shit, how long had I been flying on this error? I checked the map noting the five degree mistake from take off; however, I didn't know when the plane went off course. Fuck, the heading was correct...must have been wind drift.

Whenever you read about light plane crashes, pilot error is often the cause. Hell, now I could become one of those statistics in pilot error.

My name is John...John Joseph LaRouche. Several hours back, I had taken off from a small private airfield in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, returning home to Seattle, Washington. I had been following the 90 Interstate but lost that ability when I became embroiled in a low ceiling. Hopefully, at the moment, I should be about fifteen hundred feet above Snoqualmie Pass. Not a good spot to be when you might be lost. I knew I should be above the highest point over the pass but you never knew for sure when flying on instruments. The only thing I was sure of for now, I have fuel, my attitude is level, the heading correct for my destination and nothing but white outside my windows...kinda like flying wrapped inside a bed sheet. Yeah, I was in real good shape.

I thought of my wife, JoAnne, waiting at home with the kids. We had a fight before I left for Idaho. She didn't want me to go and I asked her if she liked living in the house we owned, if she enjoyed driving the Lexus, if she wanted the children to continue in that expensive private school she insisted they attend. JoAnne glared at me comprehending I knew what her answer would be and called me a bastard. I merely smiled, picked up my bags and walked out the door without as much as a plea to be careful; although, I thought I did hear a sniffle or two. You see, not more than a month back, I discovered my darling wife had an affair with my dear dead brother. Well, not really deceased...just dead to me.

Their little tryst occurred when I had to fly up to Vancouver, British Columbia. In my business, I have to travel a good deal and, instead of flying commercial, I bought my own airplane, an older model twin-engine Comanche. I have been flying most of my life, my father having taught me when I was fourteen. I had achieved my single engine pilot's certificate two months after turning eighteen. Since then, I have been rated for instrument, twin-engine and seaplane.

Only once did I suffer a near catastrophe. I had been practicing spin recovery over Elliot Bay. I would climb to six thousand feet, pull the nose up hard and when the little Cessna 150 stalled, would kick the rudder hard over. And, down I would go into a nice little spin. Next, I push the nose down to build up air flow over the wings, kick opposite rudder to stop the rotation, slowly pull back on the wheel and the plane returns to level flight. After I performed several spins, I returned to the Tacoma Narrows Airport and it was there I almost met the Almighty. There was a terrific crosswind upon landing and, despite the over-correction; I was blown off the runway, the front wheel compacting into the gravel. The plane nosed over and the next thing I knew, I was hanging upside down held by the seat belt. What seemed like hours but actually less than a minute, a crash crew was on scene and able to cut me out. Luckily, the plane didn't catch fire and other than a few scrapes and bruises, I was fine...at least for awhile. When my Dad learned of the accident and the demise of his beloved little Cessna, I wished I had been seriously injured and laid up in the hospital. That would have been better than my father's anger and disappointment.

I smiled when I thought of the Cessna. Dad was able to salvage the little plane, restoring it to flying condition. In fact, three years later, for my twenty-first birthday, he gave me the 150 as a gift. I later learned he had always planned to give me the plane.

A sudden lurch brought me back to the present, turbulence buffeting the Comanche. Shit, I thought, maybe I should climb and see about getting out of these clouds. Before I left Coeur d'Alene, the weather report was favorable with the ceiling broken at seventeen thousand feet. This was no fucking seventeen thousand feet and the damn clouds were not broken. Another draft of instability struck the plane sending me upward and then back down. The screaming wind smashed against the aluminum skin but I was still at proper attitude and my magnetic heading dead on. I checked my fuel, the gauges reading near full while the drone of the two engines comforted me. I took a deep breath and held it for a few seconds before exhaling, releasing some of the built up anxiety.

Just as suddenly as it arrived, the turbulence vanished. I was still flying on instruments, but at least, for now, I was flying in calm air. My thoughts returned to JoAnne and that fateful day.

I had returned early from Vancouver. The people I was to meet had cancelled cutting short my trip. I called the house to tell JoAnne I was coming home and maybe we could go out to dinner; however, was surprised when the answering machine picked up. JoAnne should, by now, have been home with the kids. She must be out with the twins, I thought, probably shopping at the mall. I remember smiling, thinking how my three girls had their husband and father wrapped around their little fingers. I tried her cell phone but still no answer so I left another message.

When I drove up onto the driveway at 6:30pm, the house was dark. Now, I was concerned that no one was home. Had there been an accident; was JoAnne or the twins alright? I searched the house for some clue where everyone was. At least I found nothing, other than their absence, to indicate anything was wrong. I called my parents but my mother said she didn't know where the girls were but not to worry, she was sure they were fine. I contacted JoAnne's mother and was surprised to discover my twin daughters were staying with her for the weekend. When I asked where JoAnne was, she said her daughter should have returned home by now. Troubled, her mother asked that I call her as soon as I talked with my wife. I said I would and disconnected, now upset. Where the hell was she? I checked the messages on the answering machine hearing my voice telling Jo I was coming home early and about dinner. Wait, Moira! Maybe she's out with Moira. Yeah, that must be it...she must be out with Moira. I tried her cell one more time and still no answer...this time I didn't leave a message. I called Moira's apartment but, like my wife, no answer. They must be together.

Then I made the worst decision of my life, I decided to surprise David, my brother, with a visit. A Lieutenant Commander in the U.S. Navy, David was stationed at Bangor Sub base on Bremerton but lived off base in an apartment not far from our parents home. He was waiting to head back out to sea on some nuclear sub, I didn't know which one but I think he once told me it was a Los Angeles class...something called a fast attack boat.

As I drove over to his place, I was disappointed about JoAnne but thought at least he and I could spend some quality beer time together. I pulled up in front of his complex and parked in the only stall available. When I got out of the car and proceeded toward the entrance to the complex, I stopped dead in my tracks. Not more than three stalls away, was my wife's Lexus. She had that silly pink bumper sticker that read, "My twin girls are honor students!" Why would she be here?

I made my way through the complex and stood just outside of his door. From my vantage point, I could see his front door, the kitchen window and the sliding glass door to his open patio. The light to his living room was on but the drapes were closed. I heard the soft muffle of music from his apartment and saw the shadows of two people gliding along the drapes in a slow dance. At one point, their heads merged as if kissing.

Breathless, I moved to the kitchen window and stared through the open blinds. From this view, I could see right through the kitchen and into the living room. Choking back a gasp, I saw my wife held tight against my brother her arms around his neck, his around her waist. They were both naked. As their lips pressed against the other, I watched his hand slowly slid down and his fingers graze along the crack of her ass. She removed her right hand from behind his neck sliding it downward between them. I knew where those fingers were going.

At first, I was going to kick down his fucking door but, instead, decided to play a different game. I don't know why, but, I didn't want them to know that I caught them. My hands shaking, I removed my cell phone, my eyes trapped by the sight before me. I called my brother's number and heard his phone ring. They stopped moving and both looked at the phone. He whispered something to JoAnne and went to answer. When he saw the calling number he stopped and whispered to my wife, her hands moving to her mouth. He hesitated but finally answered.

"Hey bro...what's up," he said.

"Hey Dave, you up for goin out for some beer and maybe a little stick time?" I tried very hard to hide the rage threatening to burst out.

I saw him cover the mouth piece, looked at JoAnne and told her what I said. She closed her eyes and nodded. She flew to the sofa, grabbed her clothes and ran from the room.

"Uh, Johnny...sounds good but give me about twenty minutes to get ready. I thought you were out of town for the weekend?"

His second mistake for the evening, how the hell did he know I was gonna be away for the weekend?

"Nah, clients cancelled and came back early. Tried calling JoAnne but she wasn't home and wasn't answering her phone. You haven't heard from her have you?

He paused before answering, "No...haven't spoken to JoAnne for some time. When will you get here?" By this time JoAnne returned to the living room dressed and shaken.

"JoAnne's probably with Moira then. It will probably take me about fifteen, maybe twenty minutes.. Be ready to get your ass whipped at the table. See ya then."

I saw David, still naked turn and tell my wife our conversation. She was crying, her hands pressed against her lips. He said something else and leaned in to kiss her. She shook her head and moved away and I saw his shoulders slump as he nodded. JoAnne started for the door so I quickly moved away and stood behind a tall shrub hidden in the shadows.

The door opened and she stepped out, David now his old tattered blue terry cloth robe. I remembered that bathrobe as the one he stole from the Edgewater Hotel in Seattle. We had stayed there one night hoping to get the same room the Beatles had once inhabited but, unfortunately, wasn't available. So instead, he kept the bathrobe.

He stood there looking at her, she looking down. "JoAnne, can I see you again? Please?" "I...I don't know David. I love John and don't want to lose him. Please, don't do this. If he found out...he would be crushed."

"Please JoAnne, I want you...I need you and I know you want me. We can try another time...when he's out of town. I know you want this as much as I do."

My wife looked up, her face twisted in confusion. "David, I...I...just can't do it!" She ran from the apartment and disappeared. David, anger showing in his face, stared for several seconds before closing the door.

After fifteen minutes passed, I stepped out from the bushes and knocked on the door. The door opened, David standing there with a shit eating grin pasted across his face. I couldn't do it. Seconds later, David pushed himself up from the floor, blood flowing from his broken nose. "Johnny, what the fuck...aaahhhhggggh!"

His hands grabbed his crushed testicles after I rammed my boot into his crotch. I leaned down and grabbed his shirt collar pulling him up. "Listen you motherfucker, if I see you around JoAnne again I'll kill you. As far as you and I are concerned, from this moment on you are dead to me. You no longer exist as my brother. Do not talk to me, call me, e-mail me, send me a letter or postcard...nothing. When I visit Mom and Dad, do not be there. I don't know what I'm going to do about JoAnne but if you try to see her or talk to her, I swear before God...I will come after you. Understand?

He just groaned and I smacked him across the face. "Do you fucking understand me?"

"Ye...yes, he gasped still holding his balls. I released him and watched as he fell back. Looking up, I saw a framed photo of us as kids, him with his arm over my shoulder. I took the picture and, with David watching, I smashed the frame against the wall and left. Now I had to deal with JoAnne.

The turbulence suddenly returned with a vengeance; the plane shook throwing my chart and clipboard from the right seat. Unexpectedly, the twin-engine pitched sideways slamming my head against the window post. For a second, my vision blurred but cleared enough to read the gauges. All instruments checked okay but the left side of my face didn't, it felt wet. Reaching up, I touched my scalp feeling a deep laceration. When I drew back my hand, it was soaked in blood. Fuck, that's all I need! I reached below the right seat and retrieved a small first aid kit and, removing a compress, I pressed it against the wound holding it while I grabbed some rolled gauze. The plane was still trembling from the turbulence but the auto-pilot was holding. I wrapped the gauze around my head which held the compress in place. I wasn't worried, I knew small head wounds bleed like a son of a bitch and looked much worse than they are.

While I cleaned up, the pain subsided and I looked down seeing my leather jacket soaked in dark crimson. "Fuck, cleaning this thing is gonna be a bitch and expensive," I angrily muttered as I tried wiping the excess blood from the leather.

The plane shuddered and I decided it was time to try to find some calmer air. I pulled back on the wheel and felt the quaking plane slowly climb. After close to twenty minutes, the Comanche stopped shaking; I had topped ten thousand five hundred feet. I reached behind and seized a small metal bottle of O2. Because of the higher altitude, oxygen is required though I doubt I would need it.

Still blanketed within these fucking clouds, I chose to remain at this altitude for awhile before returning to my flight plan. At least the air currents smoothed somewhat. I reached down and grabbed my charts and clipboard placing them back on the seat. When I looked up, I stared at beautiful clear blue sky; I was out of the clouds. Out—fucking—standing, I thought. Looking down; however, was a different story. The cloud layer was thick and appeared to stretch forever.

I figured I would stay up here for another fifteen to thirty minutes before I had to descend. Checking the instruments, the VOR needle was, once again, centered. My dad always tried to convince me to install a GPS but I was too stubborn to go modern. I wish I had now, definitely would be much easier.

My mind began wandering back to my marriage. I first met JoAnne in college at Washington State University. I was majoring in computer programming and repair with a minor in aeronautics while she was into the arts, painting to be specific. One evening a few of my friends convinced me to accompany them to one of the more ambitious frat parties. Once there, I grabbed a beer and found a secluded spot out back while inside my buddies chased the skirts. Sitting there, sucking on my beer, I listened to the ruckus from inside the frat house and laughed. No doubt, my buds were probably pretty wasted by now.

"Hello, mind if I join you?"

The soft musical voice startled me out of my reverie and I turned to stare at the most beautiful set of blue eyes I had ever seen. I was spellbound until she laughed and said, "Excuse me...are you alright?" I felt a gentle touch to my right shoulder as she lightly shook me back to reality.

"Sorry about that but I...I'm under a powerful spell."

The girl looked confused. "Spell?"

I smiled at her and said, "Your fault."

"My fault?"

"Those gorgeous eyes of yours. I can't resist their incredible allure."

When she smiled, I was lost. Though dark outside, she shined with a radiance the sun would find envious. After I introduced myself, she sat down and we chatted about everything and anything. She told me she wasn't much for frat parties but her friends insisted she go with them. I laughed as I told a similar story. Hours passed before we realized the time. JoAnne Marie Jardine stood and said she had to get back to the dorm and I offered to escort her. She looked at me for several seconds before agreeing. I remember standing outside her dorm, both of us staring at one another. God, I was lost in those brilliant blue eyes of hers. Suddenly she threw her arms around me, stood on her tip toes and kissed me on the lips. Just as abruptly, she ran into the building. Like a dork, I stood there, her kiss lingering on my lips.

It was our fourth date when she asked me into her room. JoAnne whispered that her roommate was gone for the weekend and seductively batted her sexy long eye lashes. I remember standing like an idiot in front of the door and she reached to take my hand and gently pulled me inside. The moment she closed the door, we embraced and passionately kissed, our tongues entwined in a battle for domination. She pulled away, locked the door, dragged me to her bed and pushed me down. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I watched as she slowly removed her blouse and jeans. Braless, she stood there in nothing more than a pair of skimpy pink panties and socks.

"Pull your tongue back in, John...you're drooling," she giggled. "Anything pink is for you to remove," she cooed turning in a sexy pirouette and coyly staring over her shoulder, her lustrous shoulder length auburn hair twirling behind her.

"My God JoAnne, you are so beautiful," I gasped and she smiled as she drew near. She straddled my legs, wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me tightly to her. I could feel those gorgeous pair of tits press against me as she pressed her lips against mine, her tongue sliding into my mouth. My hands glided over her back, her smooth satin-like skin beneath my fingers. Holding her, I stood and spun around. Before I laid her on the bed, I stood before her and removed my own clothes. Soon, I was naked and then kneeled down, my fingers grasping the elastic of her panties. Unhurriedly, I slid the flimsy material over her thighs, past her ankles and lifted her feet to pull them off. She watched as I held the damp bit of silk to my face before dropping them onto the foot of the bed.

"I want the socks to stay on," I said. "You look really sexy wearing only those pink socks of yours."

JoAnne reached down, curling her fingers around my very hard cock and pulled me to the bed. She lay back pulling me down to her.

"John?" Anxiously, she looked at me. "I...I've never done this, please...be gentle."

I recalled how I almost laughed. Shit, would that have been a mistake. She would have misunderstood, not realizing this also was my first time going the distance. Instead, I caressed her face and kissed her as we clung to each other. My hands had minds of their own seeking every inch of her sweet flesh. My lips traced a delicate line to her right breast capturing her nipple, the stiff pink bud like a small pebble between my lips.

Temuchen
Temuchen
271 Followers
12