Honorable Infidelity - Second Time

Story Info
Tom's side of 'Honorable Infidelity'.
8.3k words
4.19
156.3k
45
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fdkman262
fdkman262
258 Followers

Author's Notes:

This story was inspired by the original story "Honorable Infidelity" by Wine_Maker and is being posted due to his gracious permission. I urge you to read Wine_Maker's story first as this one might not make as much sense if you don't.

I read the original story by Wine_Maker and thought how I'd feel if I were in the husband's place. Here are two people who I loved who had done something bad but for, supposedly, the right reasons. I read it and I wanted to see this infidelity as being 'honorable' or at least altruistic. The problem I had was that both of them, but especially the brother, took it much farther than a simple insemination. If the story had played out as Grace first suggested, her bending over the couch and him shoving it home, I wouldn't have had a problem. Her leaving her panties behind and him looking for something more than a thank you put it into the adultery category. I want to warn you, this story doesn't end well for some of the participants, but life is a female dog and then you expire!

**********

Hi, my name is Tom. I have a lovely wife, Grace, a beautiful little girl, Melanie, and a great family. I'm a twin, my brother, Steve, is my best friend and would do anything for me, as I would for him.

Melanie is almost one and my wife had been thinking that it would be nice to have a little brother or sister for her. I knew it was wishful thinking because Melanie was such a miracle considering my extremely low sperm count. Before we got pregnant with Melanie we had tried for over two years and hadn't had any luck. We'd decided we needed to do something to find out why so after some tests it turned out I was the problem. I'd had a really high fever when I was 12 and the doctor thinks that might have affected my sperm. We were told that our chances of getting pregnant were extremely low and I took it hard.

At first I tried to be positive and we kept trying but as the months turned into another year of nothing I started to question my manhood. Our dad had beat into us at a young age that a man wasn't a man if he couldn't make babies. The harder Grace tried to keep up my spirits the worse I felt; especially when we'd go walking in the park and she'd see other couples our age pushing baby carriages. Oh she never said anything nor did she look wistfully at them as they passed us but I knew Grace and her posture would change and she'd breathe differently when she saw a baby and thought I wasn't around. It hurt, it hurt a lot.

It hurt so much that I did something stupid. I went out and bought a gun with plans to eat the barrel and put myself out of her misery. I doubt that I would have done it but soon after that God answered our prayers and Grace told me that we were expecting. It was about a month after I had gotten home from a fishing trip with my buddy, David. He'd called me that Thursday asking me to go fishing with him as he'd been able to swing a weekend cabin at a lake we loved to fish in. I didn't really feel like fishing but Grace thought it would do me some good so I went.

The trip did help me. I talked with David about my problem and he just listened. I really unloaded and he helped me come to grips with my problem. I wasn't completely convinced that I was still the man Grace deserved but I now knew that I couldn't commit suicide and leave Grace alone like that. If we never had children then so be it, but I was going to be the best husband I could be and try to make it up to her other ways.

When I got home that Sunday night Grace about attacked me. I don't think I've ever seen her that hot, especially lately, as it seemed that sex was more of a chore than anything else. She turned me every way but loose that night and then we cuddled and I told her that I was sorry I had been such a jerk lately, being depressed and all, and I was going to get my head in gear. I told her that we would keep trying but only on a casual basis. In other words we'd have a normal sex life but wouldn't worry about her fertile cycle or anything like that and if God blessed us with a child then that would be great, if not, then we'd be happy as a family of two.

Grace smiled at me with tears in her eyes and hugged me tighter than she ever had. "Oh, Tom, I'm so glad to hear that. I've been so worried about you! You've been so down that I feared you might do something stupid! I couldn't live without you, Tom! I love you!"

I kissed her tears away and assured her I wouldn't ever leave her.

*****

That next weekend Steve needed me to help him pick up new big screen TV and help him set it up. I'm an electronics nut so I was there with bells on. We stopped by the local electronics outlet and loaded the TV in my truck. Thirty minutes later we had the TV in the living room and were in the process of getting it set up. I needed to hit the head and I asked Steve if he wanted a beer on my way back.

"Yeah, a beer sounds good about now, I'm pretty thirsty!" Steve said.

"I know what you mean, lugging TV's is thirsty work!" I said laughing as I made my way to the bathroom.

After doing my business I glanced into the bathtub and saw that he had a load of laundry ready to wash. It seemed that to Steve installing the TV was more important that doing the wash and I couldn't argue. What was odd though was a sexy pair of panties on top of his tighty-whities. I hadn't noticed them earlier as I was in a hurry, if you know what I mean. I didn't know my brother was seeing anyone lately, his having broken up with his old girlfriend a few weeks back. I suppose I should have minded my own business but I picked up the panties. They had obviously been worn. I absentmindedly thought that Grace had a pair just like these, heck they were even her size. They weren't my favorite pair, her little black thong was, but her ass always looked great in these too. I dropped them where I found them and continued on to the kitchen to get our beers.

Handing Steve his beer I said "Hey, you got a new girl I see!"

Steven looked confused and said "What are you talking about, Sally and I broke up weeks ago, you know that!"

"OK, then whose skimpy panties are those on top of your wash basket? You turning into a perverted panty thief now!" I laughed and smacked him in the shoulder.

Steve got this look on his face that made me wonder what I had said wrong. "You're NOT a panty thief, are you?" I said carefully.

"NO! No, I'm not... Sorry I didn't realize I'd left those there. I'm sorry, Tom. I didn't mean for you to see those. I'm not proud of how I obtained them," he said sheepishly.

"What do you mean, Steve?"

"Well I met this girl at a bar last night. I was drunk and we came back here. We had great sex and then I passed out. When I woke up she was gone, all there was left was her panties. I didn't even get her name. I hope I didn't pick up a disease. God that was stupid," he said embarrassed.

I felt bad that I had basically forced my brother to admit something he was obviously embarrassed about. "Don't worry about it Steve, I won't tell anyone and we'll never mention it again. You should get an STD test as soon as possible, though."

"I will, Tom, I will. I appreciate you discretion." He turned back to the parts for hanging the TV and I took a sip my beer before joining him.

We finished setting up the TV and ordered in pizza while we watched the football game on his new 60 inch plasma set. The panties were pushed to the back of my mind as more important matters took precedence.

*****

As I said, about a month after that fishing trip Grace gave me the news that we were pregnant. I burst into tears and hugged her and then went across the room to hug Steve, who happened to stop by just before Grace got home that day. He clapped me on the back and hugged me. "Congratulations, Tom," he said. "You're a lucky guy!"

I knew I was a lucky guy, it was almost a miracle and I thanked God for that miracle every day. Nine months later Melanie was born. She's a beautiful little girl with Grace's eyes and my mouth and hair color. There was never a guy as happy as I was that day, at least I thought so. Steve stopped by the day Melanie was born to congratulate Grace and me. I saw the look in his eyes when he saw my little girl. He was looking at her through the glass and his eyes misted up as she put her little fist in her mouth and yawned. He was so proud of her, almost as if he were the father.

Our pregnancy brought about another change in our family that I haven't told you about.

Soon after Grace's announcement I noticed that Grace seemed to treat my brother differently. I don't know if I'd told you but from the time we started dating Grace and Steve had been at each other's throats, figuratively at least. I don't know what it was, since we are twins and all, but as much as she loved me that's as much as she disliked Steve. It got so bad at one time that Steve started to stay away when Grace was around. I couldn't stand it that the two people I loved most in the world just about hated each other. I talked to them individually and they agreed to tolerate each other, which they have. They still sniped at each other, sometimes it was pretty intense, but they always respected my feelings and they behaved. I can't say that they were even friends but at least they could be in the same room without staring daggers at each other.

Once Grace made her announcement and Steve could see how happy we were things changed between them as well. They still had their rivalries, you should see how they go at each other when we play Monopoly, but the rivalry is now friendly. I guess Steve mellowed when he saw how happy I was and it was because of Grace, or Grace saw how happy Steve was for us and changed her feelings about him, but whatever it was I was a happy man. The arguing and backstabbing relationship they'd had was gone, replaced by grudging admiration.

*****

This brings me back to her desire to have another child. A couple of days before Melanie's first birthday party Grace brought up the subject over dinner.

"Tom, honey, I've been thinking."

"Uh-oh, I'm in trouble, aren't I?" I asked carefully.

She slapped me lightly on the shoulder. "Tom! I'm serious. I've been thinking that we might want to work on getting Melanie a brother or a sister before she gets too old."

I was kind of surprised, considering the trouble we'd had with Melanie. I just guessed that one miracle per family was enough to hope for.

"Well, hon, you know I'd love another child but don't you think we're pushing our luck? It was probably a one in a million chance that got us Melanie." I dropped my eyes to my plate, finding the green beans suddenly capturing my attention.

"I know, Tom, but I have a good feeling about it this time."

She stroked my hand causing me to look into her eyes. I held her gaze and saw that she was serious. She felt that we had a chance and I couldn't see myself disappointing her. "OK, Grace, what's your plan?"

"Well, I was thinking we could go back to me tracking my fertile cycle and then the week before we abstain from sex, that way we can store everything up for the big day. You remember how things worked the last time? You went fishing and I was so hot for you that I attacked you as soon as you got home and nine months later we had Melanie."

I had to admit it sounded like a plan, and it seemed like this was something Grace really wanted. "OK baby, get out your thermometer and start tracking."

*****

That weekend was the big first birthday party for Melanie. Everybody was there; my mom, dad and Steve, and Grace's mom and dad. We also had some friends over as well with everybody fawning over my little girl. I played the proud daddy all day and I was basking in the glory. I needed to get some more beverages from the garage so when Grace asked me to help her get the cake and ice cream from the kitchen I asked Steve if he could help me out with that. Steve headed for the kitchen and I went on through to the garage to get the drinks and some more ice.

On the way back in I had my hands pretty full and was struggling with the door knob. I saw Steve talking to Grace and just as I was going to call him to open the door I heard something that didn't make much sense.

"I don't know, Grace. We got lucky the last time. Don't you think twice would be pushing it?"

"Steve, I really want another baby, I mean I REALLY want one. You've just got to help me."

"What about Tom? He's not going to fall for the fishing trip excuse again, how do you plan to make this work?"

"I'm keeping track of my fertile cycle, like I was last time. I'll know a few days before the best day. I was thinking we could both take the afternoon off and I'd meet you at your place. It would only take once if last time is any indication."

"OK, Grace, OK. I know how happy Melanie has made Tom. You know I'd do anything for my brother! Though it was fun last time. Hey, you going to leave me another pair of your panties?" He said with a smug grin on his face.

She slapped Steve in the gut. "Oh you, is that all you think about? Seriously, thank you, Steve! You won't regret this. You've made me the happiest woman in the world. Come on, help me get this cake into the other room, they're going to wonder what happened to us."

I sat the case of soda I was carrying on the floor and dropped heavily beside it. My mind was in a whirl. My wife and my brother were making plans to make ANOTHER baby! I couldn't get my head around this. Grace had cheated on me with Steve just so we could have a baby, and now she wanted to do it again! I wish to hell I hadn't heard any of that conversation. What was I supposed to do now? How could I walk into that room and act normally? Maybe I could plead a headache and go lay down for a while. No, that wouldn't work, I'd been the life of the party up until 10 minuets ago. Oh, god, the party! This party is for my daughter, who isn't my daughter! I don't know how long I sat there but it must have been a while because Grace came looking for me.

When she saw me sitting on the floor of garage she rushed over to me. "Tom, what's the matter? Are you all right?"

All right? I doubted I'd ever be all right again but I told her I was fine.

"I dropped the case of soda on my foot and I was resting. I'm OK now." I got up, dusted off my pants, grabbed the soda and followed her into the kitchen.

"Please be careful, honey! I need you healthy if we're going to have another baby you know!" She patted my ass and rubbed my crotch while she nibbled my ear.

In spite of myself I was becoming aroused so I put a quick stop to that. "Hey, not with a house full of people here we can't! Behave yourself."

"That's a reminder for later, Tom!" she said as she rolled her hips and sauntered towards the living room.

I stumbled through the rest of the party and I don't really remember much of it. Thankfully we were both pretty tired afterwards so we didn't end up having sex that night. I don't know if I could have gone through with it since I was still in shock from my discovery of that afternoon.

*****

Luckily it was a really slow day at work so I was able to take some time to think. I told my secretary I needed some quiet time and to hold all my calls unless it was really important.

It seemed that Grace had gotten tired of not getting pregnant and had decided to do something about it. I wondered what had gotten her to that point though. I would never have thought she'd cheat on me, not even to get pregnant. I started thinking back to that time. I was really depressed if you remember, and I had even gone so far as to buy a gun. The gun! I had forgotten about it until now, but the gun was not where I had hidden it when I went to take it back after coming home from that trip. I'd guessed that Grace had found and moved it, and being embarrassed that she'd found it I never asked what she'd done with it.

Could her finding the gun have made her desperate enough to try anything? Even going to Steve, who she couldn't stand, just to get pregnant so I'd come out of my depression? Based on the conversation I'd heard yesterday, that's exactly what happened. No wonder they'd been behaving differently towards each other since that weekend! I doubt two people could have sex together and not have it affect how they reacted to each other. Another thought struck me, the panties! It wasn't a coincidence that those panties reminded me of Grace's, they WERE Grace's! That son-of-a-bitch, he knew whose panties those were and he'd kept them as a souvenir! I wonder if Grace left them? I suppose it doesn't matter now.

What does matter now is what do I do with the knowledge I have? I loved Melanie, that was for sure. I loved Grace too, even knowing what I do now. Considering the circumstances I can forgive her for going to my brother. She was obviously worried that I might do what I had been thinking about. I could live with the knowledge of one indiscretion when the result was our daughter. The thing is, now that I know I can't accept it again. I will not have my wife screwing my brother for another child, I just won't. I would tell her tonight that I couldn't put myself through that kind of stress again. I would see how she reacted and then decide what to do.

*****

We were sitting around chatting after dinner when I suggested that I'd put Melanie down for bed to give her a rest. I told her to get us some coffee and I'd see her in a little bit.

I walked into the nursery and there was Melanie. She was perfect, as she always was. The difference now was I knew she was not my daughter. No wonder Steve behaved like he did when she was born. He was looking at his daughter! I have to give him credit though, he's a damn good actor. Except for that one time he's never acted like anything other than a proud uncle. Despite knowing she's not my daughter she's still my little girl and I love her. I just hoped I could convince Grace that Melanie was going to be an only child. I hated to think what would happen if I failed.

*****

I sat down next to my wife on the couch and sighed. "Grace, I hope you're not going to be mad at me but I'm not sure about putting the pressure on us that trying for another child would mean. You know how I got the last time. I'd hate to go back to what I was back then."

Grace looked me in the eye and I could see she was surprised at my statement.

"Tom, what do you mean? I thought we'd agreed to try? I mean, since we WERE successful doesn't it mean that the doctors might be wrong about our chances?"

"Honey, you know how surprised the doctors were when you became pregnant with Melanie. It was like it was a miracle to them as well. If I didn't know better I would bet they were thinking I wasn't the father," I said sadly. "I don't want doctors thinking that kind of stuff behind my back, even if it's not true."

Grace looked shocked that I had said something like that. "Tom, you know that's not true! Melanie has your hair and your mouth, she even acts like you! She's your daughter all right!"

"I know that honey, I just think that asking for two miracles is asking too much. It's not as if we've been using anything since Melanie was born and you haven't gotten pregnant in all that time, what makes you think that's going to change?"

"It's like I told you, Tom, I have a good feeling about this. I really want another baby honey, and I know we can do this!" she said encouragingly.

"Just so you know. I won't be sad if Melanie is an only child. She's the child I didn't think we'd ever have and I'm not going to put undo pressure on myself when we both know the chances of lightning striking twice are pretty slim."

Grace paused to gather her thoughts before she responded. "I'd be happy with just Melanie too, honey, but as I said, I've got a good feeling that lightening IS going to strike twice. Trust me on this one, baby. I won't put any pressure on you, I'll take it all. Please, just go with me on this one," she begged.

fdkman262
fdkman262
258 Followers