Hotter with a Blue Bonnet on it

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jennifer was a tall, Midwestern girl with an easy smile and emerald green eyes. Adette was of medium height with dark hair, eyes, and sharp brows that all served to contrast against her exceptionally fair skin. Kelsey was quite petite with red hair and sea blue eyes that seemed to gaze through and beyond one. All were dressed as Kate and Vanessa were. Kate expected nothing else really, but there was something about how it all looked that made it difficult to look away.

There was uniformity and community in that simple statement, she realized. We are more alike than not. We are together

Correctness.

Seeing them all working together to put food on the table left her keenly aware and more than a little embarrassed and she said as much. "I can help with the eggs, but I'm afraid that's just about the extent of my culinary skill."

They were amused by the notion it seemed. And perhaps there was a bit of pity mixed in, too, which made her want to crawl away for a brief moment. If I knew more and were more like them they'd accept me and maybe they'd trust me.

Correctness.

"Don't worry," Vanessa assured her with a touch to the shoulder. It's a big day for you and getting used to everything is a bit of an adjustment. Tomorrow you'll do more, bit, for today, why don't you just set the table? You have the skill for that, I imagine."

The girls tittered at the joke and even Kate smiled even though it was ever so slightly at her expense. "Yeah, I think I can manage."

Manage she did. Breakfast was a nice affair. Kate took notes as she ate, but there wasn't a lot to know beyond their backgrounds. Adette had been a German exchange student, Kelsey a woman married young and divorced shortly thereafter, while Jennifer had been a runaway who had made her own way for years, trading her paternal abuser for others before fleeing the hospital after a particularly bad beating at eighteen. No matter their backgrounds they'd made their way here and simply never left.

Filling their bellies, Kate wanted to delve more deeply into some of the odd views about gender that they held, but Vanessa cut that off almost as soon as the last bite had been taken. "There's work to be done, ladies." She looked to Kate much like a mother would look on in pride at a curious child. "You'll get a chance to ask more questions and take even more notes after dinner. For now, there's work to be done and the workers include you. Don't worry, no one's going to ask you to cook."

Gentle laughter filled the room again and everyone went on with their day with Kate falling into the routine of laundry clearly being done for at least some of the community as a whole in the house, cleaning, work in the barns and, finally, milking the cows again before dinner. Kate fell into the cleaning and laundry easily, chatting with the girls and finding them to be genuinely happy despite the oddity of the situation to others.

Supper was a hearty stew that Adette and Vanessa put together. Kate was so hungry she'd eaten two bowls almost before she realized it. Farm work and house work was hungry work. She'd helped to clean up before Vanessa shooed her into the living room. "You go figure out what you want to talk about, we'll finish here."

She felt genuinely bothered as Vanessa led her gently to the living room. "Are you sure? I didn't even cook anything all day and..."

"Think nothing of it. You helped prep and put a good day's work in otherwise. Not bad for a city girl used to everyone else doing for her. Go on now."

So she went, pen in hand, and sat down at the end of the couch and began looking at the notes on her lap and making more. She found herself nicely focused on her task. Maybe it was the routine of the day. Maybe it was even the bonnet. Yeah, it was helping a little bit, she realized. It kept her from the distractions around her. Her left hand absently went to it. She thought it would be constricting and cumbersome, but it held to her head firmly and the cotton and lace was soft to the touch. It felt nice.

Correctness.

"Ask away."

She jumped at the sound of Vanessa's voice. Looking around, they were sitting patiently, Vanessa on the other end of the couch and Adette, Kelsey, and Jennifer in chairs before her.

"Sorry if I distracted you."

She composed herself. "Oh. No. That's okay, It was my fault. With trying to do this, working all day, and not getting much sleep last night, I'm a little jumpy."

"You'll sleep better tonight." Adette, said, her accent soft and pleasant, not harsh as Kate had always thought a German accent might be based on what she'd heard on television."

"I don't wonder why you didn't sleep well," Vanessa said with sympathy, looking to the other wives as she finished speaking, "she had a chair blocking the door, poor thing."

It actually seemed to sadden the three and Jennifer reached out to take her hand. "I know your nervousness was just from a new place, I'm sure, but when they took me in I barricaded myself in with furniture. That's just not necessary here. No one harms anyone."

The touch lingered for a moment before she settled back into her chair. That gave Kate an opening though. "You don't think it's harmful that you let men make all the decisions. You don't think it's harmful for you or women in general? I mean, women haven't even had a universal right to vote here for a hundred years."

They looked at each other. "We vote." Jennifer told her. "Even if we choose to limit our participation in the world it's a civic duty to have your say."

Kate moved in. "Do you vote how you want or how your husband wants?"

Adette thought about it, her eyes distant, remembering. "We speak together of things, but, in the end, we defer to our men. They know best."

She clenched her jaw biting back a response. A couple of deep breaths later she composed a better response in her head. "Isn't it a little dishonest then to say that you have a say when the fact of the matter is that you'll just do what the man wants anyway?"

The three younger women met each other's gaze awkwardly before Kelsey piped up. You act on some level as though you are shepherding us to some sort of new enlightenment where we suddenly have the world open to us. You look at us and you forget that all of us here have been where you are. We have been in your world and lived in it the way you say we should. It doesn't work for us. We've each found something better."

They all agreed and Vanessa worked to form her own more tepid response as opposed to what she had originally wanted to say. "Honesty is an interesting notion coming from you. You say you want to know us, but you're not here for that. You're here for Rose. You'd walk through broken glass for five minutes with her to see if you can parlay that into the job you really want."

"We all love one another, trust one another, and are safe in our community. No locked doors between us, no violence...unless you count a rough fucking from a hard-working man as violent."

The girls blushed, pursing their lips to avoid smiling and Kate just sat there in shock at the change in her tone as much as her language.

"And we like ourselves better here, now, this way. That puts us well ahead of you."

Kate slammed her pen down on the pad in her lap. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't like you. You don't like your job and want a better one, that's fine. Use us to get it. We're here and willing to help you, so, fine. But 'Kate' isn't even your name, is it?"

She blinked quickly. "Of course it is. You don't know me."

Of course it is...sort of," Vanessa said plainly. "We know a great deal. You come here starting from a place of dishonesty and accuse us of the same. So how about you switch to some honesty? Let's start with your name."

She looked around. They looked at her, waiting, and she felt the pressure of their eyes pressing on her chest. "What's the big deal? Ivy, all right? Ivy Kathryn McCallum. So I go by 'Kate.' She eyed them all defensively. 'Ivy' is quaint and old-fashioned and it has always made me cringe. It doesn't make me dishonest."

"To us, maybe not," Vanessa said gently. "If you want us to call you 'Kate,' that's fine. I'll call you whatever you wish. But maybe your disdain for your name is really something else other than how it sounds to your ear."

She tapped her pen on her pad. Vanessa turned everything around, so they didn't have to answer uncomfortable questions about who they were. She'd done a lot today as it was, she was tired, and she decided she just didn't want to deal with it right now. "You know what, how about we start fresh tomorrow?"

They all looked at one another and Vanessa spoke. "That would be fine." She rose and the other women followed suit. "Need help getting back to your place?"

"No thanks," she snapped. "I can manage. It's not like it's dark out."

Vanessa ignored the tone and gave her a hug at the door much as a mother would. "You're a smart girl. Maybe we both just need to start fresh again in the morning. "You did a good job today for someone who could barely find a barn door yesterday. Reward yourself. See you in the morning, Kate."

And she was off in a bit of a stomp down the field and towards the porch light in the distance.

Correctness.

As her mind calmed from the outburst and emotion of before she realized that she was doing the best thing for everyone. It was a reasonably short walk and each step seemed to put her in a better place until, by the time she'd entered her little cottage, the negativity was a memory.

Fatigue wasn't, however. Looking at the clock she'd brought with her she realized that back home she'd be looking to wile away several more hours, but she just wanted her bed. She set the alarm for an hour before she'd first been shocked awake so she could get a shower in before the cows demanded attention.

She stood before the mirror, seeing that she still looked in reasonable shape given that she'd put in more physical labor in one day than she had in a long time. Her mind drifted to Vanessa's words as they parted. You did a good job today...

Correctness.

The praise made her feel good. Not bad for someone who could barely find the barn door.

Correctness.

Reward yourself.

Reward yourself.

She deserved a little pleasure after such a trying day, she realized, placing the bonnet on the dresser before shedding her dress and slip, leaving them in a heap at her feet.

"What do they know? I like myself just fine." She looked at her firm body, full breasts, with dark nipples that were already erect with satisfaction. Then she thought of them, continuing to mutter to herself. "Bet the little cult girls don't do this. Playing with yourself is so sinful."

Sinful? She looked down at the bonnet sitting innocently on the dresser. Why not? She pulled the pins from her hair, letting it fall down her back as she tossed the metal to the dresser in its own clattering song.

She took the bonnet and placed it on her head as she touched herself to tempt her reflection, cupping her breasts and bringing her nipples within reach of her own tongue with one hand as her other drifted beyond that neatly trimmed bush.

"Rough fucking?"

Reward yourself.

Her index finger toyed with her fuck button as though she'd just discovered it. "For them it's probably missionary with the lights on."

Reward yourself.

She rubbed faster, her fatigue seeming to make it easier to ride the waves.

"Bet they have no say there either. Man says to spread and they spread."

Reward yourself.

"Their man says to suck his dick and they suck." Two fingers slipped in and her walls gripped them tightly while her thumb worked away.

"They probably play with themselves all the time. Probably have to because...the man never worries about getting them off."

Correctness. Reward yourself.

"It's enough to have him inside and screwing them to keep the little cult pussies happy."

Correctness. Reward yourself.

And reward herself she did with screams that made the embers of rationality still firing in her brain happy that she was so far away from another set of ears.

The orgasm ebbed, but her play did not as she shifted to her bed, stood on her knees before that vision of herself playing, naked, save that soft blue bonnet.

Correctness. Reward yourself.

To Be Continued...

12