House of Mei Pt. 01

Story Info
Jimmy finds a good Korean restaurant.
9.1k words
4.67
48.5k
81

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/25/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JimBob44
JimBob44
5,020 Followers

*Author's Note: Any and all persons engaging in any sexual activity are at least eighteen years of age.

*****

Jimmy Bergeron loved college the moment he stepped onto Harvester's campus. In DeGarde, Louisiana on August 7th at 10:15 am, the temperature was 94 degrees with a humidity hovering around 90 percent. At 10:15 am on August 7th, when Jimmy stepped off the Greyhound bus in Colfax, Missouri, the temperature was 79 degrees and the humidity was barely 20 percent.

The bus driver pulled Jimmy's footlocker from the storage compartment underneath the bus and smiled when Jimmy politely thanked him.

Inside the bus terminal, a bored counter girl gave him directions to Harvester's campus and suggested he take one of the cabs to go the three miles from bus terminal to campus.

Dragging the footlocker, even though it was on wheels, Jimmy agreed and took a cab.

He found his dormitory, found his dormitory Student Aide and got his room key, Room 402.

Since he was the first one there, he decided he'd take the bunk nearest the outside wall and would take the top two dresser drawers.

At the Greyhound bus terminal in DeGarde, his father had hugged him and gave him five crisp one hundred dollar bills. Donna, Jimmy's older sister had hugged him, kissed him, and given him two hundred dollars in twenty dollar bills.

"Now, don't go spending that all in one place," his father had said.

So, Jimmy's first order of business was to locate the nearest bank. The SA gave him directions and Jimmy, after making sure that both footlocker, and room were securely locked, walked to the First Commerce Credit Union.

Forty five minutes later, he walked out of the First Commerce Credit Union with a new checking account.

In high school, Jimmy Bergeron had been bullied horribly, even though Baylor Lake High School had a 'No Bullying' policy.

In college, there were still the Alpha males that had to prove that they were the Alpha males. Because Jimmy walked with confidence, these Alpha males left Jimmy alone.

Jimmy's roommate never did show up so Jimmy had his very own dorm room. He was able to relax in his room, was able to concentrate on his studies, and was able to practice his forms in the ten by twelve room.

After one semester, Jimmy had a four point oh GPA. He had not gone home, even over the Thanksgiving break, but would gladly leave the snow-covered campus for the slightly warmer Louisiana bayou. He had packed a winter coat, which had been fine for Louisiana, but was sorely ill-suited for winter in Missouri.

While he was home, Jimmy did visit Kim Ul Don, the woman that had instructed him in Tae Kwon Do, and in the art of making love. She was obviously pregnant, but because her son, Jimmy's friend was there, Jimmy could not ask if the baby was his.

Then Kim Ul Don broke, shattered Jimmy's heart when she told him, though she loved him, she did not ever want to see him again.

On December 16th, Earl Bergeron, Jimmy's father, was transporting a load of refuse from tug boat to landfill when the truck tilted, teetered, then rolled.

Because Earl was travelling in excess of seventy miles an hour when he took the turn, because he was not wearing his seat belt, he was ejected from the truck and was buried under nearly three tons of garbage.

"How fitting," Donna said bitterly when the police officer informed her of Earl's demise. "A piece of garbage killed by garbage."

"Donna!" Jimmy gasped, shocked.

"What?" Donna snarled. "God damn it; I'm fucking glad that son of a bitch is dead! He won't be coming into my room to fuck me anymore."

Jimmy stared at his sister, the woman that had raised him ever since their mother ran off. He tried to think of something to say, but could only croak.

Donna burst into bitter sobs as she sat at the kitchen table; the same kitchen table they'd had for at least eighteen years. Jimmy could not remember them ever having any other table, any other vinyl chairs.

He could not remember them having any other couch, or recliner. Jimmy did remember when Earl had bought the large LCD television. That was because Miller's Electronics had told him that they couldn't find the parts to repair the twenty three year old Console television that had sat in their living room all those years.

"Donna, I'm so sorry; I didn't know," Jimmy finally whispered.

"No shit Jimmy? No shit? You didn't know?" Donna said sarcastically.

"Nobody knew, Jimmy!" she screamed.

By the nineteenth of December, though, Donna had cried out her bitterness and was able to look somber, grieving for Earl James Bergeron's funeral.

Gordon King, the owner of King Sanitation, where Earl had been employed, asked Donna and Jimmy to come to his office. There, they were introduced to Donald Pellichet, Gordon's attorney.

"Mr. Bergeron did have a life insurance policy," Gordon said, frowning. "I always tell my employees, try to get at least one hundred thousand; the minimum is fifty but hell that barely even covers funeral costs."

"And let me guess," Donna said, bitterness creeping into her voice. "Daddy had fifty, right?"

"Uh, yes ma'am," Gordon said.

"But because he was in a company truck, conducting company business," Donald chimed in. "King Sanitation is prepared to offer you two hundred and fifty thousand, on top of the fifty thousand dollar life insurance policy.

"As well as keep you both on Earl's health and dental insurance policies for one year," Gordon said.

"Where do I sign?" Donna said.

"James? Sorry, you go by Jimmy, right?" Gordon said.

"Yes sir," Jimmy said, surprised that the man knew that. "Uh, if my sister says its okay, then, it's okay."

It took nearly two hours, but after every page had been initialed or signed and dated and notarized, Jimmy's account at First Commerce Credit Union and Donna's account at First DeGarde each had an additional one hundred and thirty seven thousand dollars.

"Uh, now don't spend that all in one place," Donald smiled.

"Well, I was thinking of buying these five magic beans..." Jimmy quipped.

"Don't do it," Donald said. "As an attorney, I would advise you to try to get the goose that laid the golden egg instead. Much more reliable."

"Mother Fucker did something right," Donna said as they drove home in Donna's seventeen year old Toyota Camry.

"You want the house?" Jimmy asked.

"Fuck no," Donna said bitterly. "Makes me sick just to look at it."

"Want to sell it?" Jimmy asked, playing with the keys to Earl's, now his truck.

"I want to burn it to the God damn ground," Donna growled.

"Donna, half of its mine," Jimmy reminded her. "So why don't we sell it and split it fifty-fifty, huh?"

Carmen Davis of Davis Realty came out, admired the woodwork, admired the forty year old bathroom fixtures, but did not admire the forty year old kitchen fixtures. She wrote out a list of things that needed to be done to get it ready for market and then showed Donna some listings she currently had available.

"Two bedroom, two bathroom, right over on Tallow; want to take a look?" the older woman smiled as Donna looked at the laptop computer's slide show.

"Seventy four? And you say we can probably get about eighty five for this?" Donna asked.

The day after Christmas, Jimmy rented a storage unit in Kimble, Louisiana and put what things from the house he thought he might want later, after he graduated from college. He paid the bored office manager for one full year's storage and nodded when the employee said he got an extra month for free because he paid for one year's rental in advance.

Donna loved the house on Tallow, but absolutely hated the color in nearly every room. So, Jimmy spent the last few days he had left of his Christmas vacation painting Donna's house.

And just before Jimmy put his footlocker into the bed of Earl's, his 1998 F150 pickup truck, Carmen had a buyer for their old house. Robichaux Contracting had done the suggested updates and Carmen had actually listed the house at ninety five. The new owners had loved it and did not even waste time with bickering over the price.

Brother and sister hugged, kissed and promised to stay in touch, and Jimmy drove north.

Jimmy had already scheduled the next semester's curriculum on-line; he was taking fifteen hours again. This time, though, as his advisor had suggested, Jimmy was taking three hours in Physical Education.

"Every student has to take twelve hours of some Physical Education; we don't want to waste our time educating you just to have you turn into lumps of fat," the man had smiled.

Tae Kwon Do was offered so Jimmy signed up for it.

"A blonde haired, blue eyed Bruce Lee, huh?" the advisor had smiled. "And you signed up to take Mandarin? Not the easiest of languages, that's for sure."

"No, but it is something I'm interested in," Jimmy had agreed.

This semester, Jimmy would not be so lucky; he did have a roommate. Neil Joachim was a loud, profane, obese young man with questionable hygiene. He had arrived before Jimmy and had already claimed the bed against the outside wall. Jimmy shrugged and resolved to make the best of it.

"And I don't care what kind of faggot shit you listen to," Neil said. "In this room? We listen to Tool."

"How fitting," Jimmy said.

"What's that mean?" Neil demanded.

"A tool, listening to Tool," Jimmy said. "Dude, new invention, called ear buds. You listen to whatever the shit you want to and I'll listen to whatever I want to."

Two days after moving into the dorm room, Jimmy also told Neil of another new invention called soap.

His Mandarin class was taught by a beautiful Asian-American woman who said her name was April Davidson. Jimmy developed a quite painful erection the moment the petite woman walked in, thinking of Kim Ul Don's beautiful golden body in a sheen of sweat as they made love.

He could imagine pulling April's hair out of the large bun, letting the jet black hair cascade down her naked back. Jimmy could imagine licking every inch of her skin...

"Here," he quickly said as April called his name for the third time.

She frowned at him, then called for Nancy Buckmeyer, who answered on the first call of her name.

In Mandarin, April told the class that the name her parents had given her was Gao Emi and even drew the symbols on the dry erase board.

Then she slowly introduced a few common items, telling them the names of each, also drawing the symbols for each on the dry erase board.

Jimmy meticulously copied her symbols.

In Mandarin, then in English, she asked if the class was finished writing what she'd written on the board.

"What? Wait, we got to write that stuff?" a student cried out from the rear of the room.

"Did you think I wrote this for my own amusement?" April barked at the five or six students that looked stricken.

She gave them two minutes to hurriedly scribble, then, over their protests, she erased the board and began teaching simple sentence structures.

"Dropping this fucking class, believe that shit," a student snarled as he walked out of the classroom.

Unperturbed, April continued her lesson.

Jimmy took a bus from the main campus to the Physical Education Arena. He could have driven his truck, but he was glad he had not; parking was a premium at the Arena.

First, he found the class, then he found the locker room/shower room.

He selected a locker nearest to the shower cubicles, changed into the uniform he'd been given, then hurriedly walked to the room.

The floor was covered in mats and the walls were covered in mirrors. Jimmy found a corner and knelt, meditating as Kim Sei Tin and Kim Ul Don had taught him to do.

Soon, other students wandered in and followed Jimmy's lead.

Jimmy smiled at a petite red head he recognized from his Microbiology class. The girl returned his smile.

The instructor entered the room, followed by his two assistants. He urged them to their feet, bowed and introduced himself as Mei Ti Kin.

He went over some very basic rules, showed them the proper way to fall to minimize injury.

Mei Ti Kin was a bit of a bully. He delighted in picking the largest male in any of his classes and humiliating them in front of his class.

Unfortunately for Jimmy, he was the largest, at six feet tall.

"You, what is your name?" Mei Ti Kin barked.

"Jimmy Bergeron, sir," Jimmy answered, bowing.

"Okay, Jimmy Bergeron, you will try to hit me," the man ordered.

So Jimmy did. The man had expected Jimmy to throw a right cross, or a left jab. He did not expect Jimmy to know Third form, know to throw his punch straight, know to step into the punch.

The man fell to the ground, then hopped up.

"See?" he told the class. "See how I fell? No injuries and I am up to fight again."

He then stepped back and ordered his assistants to show the class the first form.

"You kick like woman," he barked at Jimmy, still quite agitated at how easily Jimmy had actually struck him.

"Because a woman taught me first form," Jimmy said easily.

"She teach you to dance too?" Mei Ti Kin taunted.

"No, my older sister did," Jimmy said, wondering if he should drop this class.

After the class, after his shower, Jimmy stood with other milling students in the bitter January cold as the bus lumbered toward them.

"Hey, I got you in my Microbiology class," the red head squeaked.

"Yeah, and now this class," Jimmy agreed. "What other classes you taking?"

They sat together on the bus; Jimmy found out her name was Nina Kahlick and she was from Paris, Illinois.

And she was terrified of failing Microbiology, terrified of failing any of her classes. So he agreed that they could study together.

"Dude," a young man nodded in approval as Nina ran to her next class.

Jimmy recognized him as one of the students that resided on the same floor of the dormitory.

"Dude," Jimmy smiled and shrugged.

Rather than sit in his dorm room, or sit in the library, Jimmy decided to drive around Colfax, Missouri. Even though he'd been here last semester, his travels around Colfax had been limited to the area he could cover on foot.

Nestled between a bookstore and an accountant's office was a small sign on a door that announced 'House Of Mei Fine Restaurant.'

He wondered if the House Of Mei was any relation to Mei Ti Kin; Colfax was not exactly a magnet for Asian families.

But, what Kim Ul Don had prepared for her family had always smelled good and had always tasted good. Jimmy wondered if Nina would like to try Korean cuisine.

"That like Chinese?" she asked when he called her cell phone.

They share a lot of the same spice palette," Jimmy agreed.

Jimmy then called the phone number on the sign and made a reservation for two for that Friday.

He also spotted a laundromat that didn't look roach infested or gang occupied like the Spanish one near campus and resolved to spend Thursday night at this location.

Mentally, he ran through the clothing in his closet and in his drawers and realized, he really had very little that would do for a date.

The mall provided him with a nice long sleeve pullover shirt and a pair of khakis. The local thrift shop sold him an iron, still in its box and a small ironing board.

"See, it sits on your bed or on your desk," the clerk said, demonstrating the ironing board on the counter top.

"Clever," Jimmy agreed.

Neil barely acknowledged Jimmy's presence; that was fine with Jimmy.

He studied for his Microbiology class and studied his Sociology 215 syllabus again.

"How'd you get into that class; you're still a freshman, right?" Neil said, rudely reading over Jimmy's shoulder.

"Had one fifteen last semester," Jimmy calmly said.

"Oh, and John? Guy in four of seven? Said you were hitting on that Nina Kahlick?" Neil said.

"Wasn't hitting on her," Jimmy said, turning and looking at the boy. "She's in a few of my classes. We were talking about that."

"Dude, she's in my Algebra class," Neil said. "Shows up in these yoga pants? Wanted to cream her right there."

Since Neil wore the same tee shirt, hockey jersey, and blue jeans every single day, Jimmy did not think he'd be much interested in a laundromat. So Jimmy didn't tell Neil about the laundromat he'd discovered.

It was an older Asian woman that operated the business and she smiled politely at Jimmy when he carried his laundry bag into the facility.

There were two rows of washing machines, four machines back to back, sixteen machines in all. One wall housed eight dryers on top and eight dryers on the bottom, or sixteen in all.

Jimmy wondered about this. It was six o'clock on a Thursday evening, and he was the only customer in the building.

"Saturday? Sunday? You no get machine," the woman laughed when Jimmy politely asked about the lack of customers.

He asked her about House Of Mei Korean restaurant and she laughed again.

"Get sum Dom Chuuk," she suggested. "Cooked in stone bowl; very good.

"But you've eaten there?" he asked. "And it is good?"

"Very good," she agreed. "Good place take lady friend."

She winked. Jimmy was amused that he woman had actually winked at him.

"Very romantic," she said and giggled.

She giggled and winked again when Jimmy carried his now clean and dried clothes out of the laundry mat into the bitter January wind.

Neil scoffed as Jimmy took the time to iron his slacks and pullover shirt. Jimmy ignored him.

Nina was wearing the yoga pants that Neil had described and Jimmy had to agree with his roommate on at least that much. He would like to cream Nina right there in the truck.

At the door, he told a young girl that he'd made a reservation for seven o'clock and the girl smiled.

"You are Bergeron Jimmy?" she asked and Jimmy agreed.

Jimmy got another erection looking at the small buttocks that undulated in the snug silk trousers as the hostess led them to a booth.

Mei Lon Soo will be your server," the hostess said, bowed and walked away.

"I am Mei Lon Soo," another short Asian girl said, bowing. "Would you like drinks?"

Just water for me, with lemon," Nina said.

"Please, hot tea," Jimmy ordered in Korean and Mei Lon Soo's eyes opened wide.

"You speak Korean?" she asked, in Korean.

"Only a little; a very beautiful woman taught me," Jimmy agreed. "Of course, she was not as beautiful as you, but..."

She asked him his name, where he was from, how long he had been there in Missouri, was he a student at the local college. As all of this was in Korean, and Jimmy was answering in Korean, Nina sat, looking baffled.

Mei Lon Soo said that she too was a student; she lived in the Phi Mu Epsilon Sorority House and was in her fourth year, studying to become a lawyer.

Finally, Jimmy reminded Mei Lon Soo that they wanted drinks and the girl scampered away.

"My sister says you speak Korean?" the hostess asked.

Even in his seated position, Jimmy was eye to eye with the four foot seven inch tall hostess. He smiled and asked her, in Korean, what her name was.

"I am Mei Ul Jon," she said.

Another group of customers came in and Mei Ul Jon ran to greet them.

A man came out of the kitchen, wearing an apron.

"So my daughter, she says you speak Korean," the man said before Nina could even ask Jimmy about their conversations.

"And I told your daughter I only speak a little," Jimmy answered.

Then he remembered his earlier question when he'd first seen the restaurant's sign.

"Are you related to Mei Ti Kin?" he asked and the man scowled.

"I am; I am his uncle," he answered.

"He is my instructor in Tae Kwon Do," Jimmy said and the man laughed, a bitter laugh.

"And we said to him, will you be teaching little babies?" the man spat. "He is no teacher; he knows nothing of our forms."

Mei Tin Dae shook Jimmy's hand, flirted, in English with Nina, than ran to the kitchen.

"What was that all about?" Nina finally asked.

JimBob44
JimBob44
5,020 Followers