How I Increased My Libido

Story Info
Details of how I naturally increased my libido.
1.8k words
31.4k
37
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Through years of trial and error I've developed a sure fire way to raise my libido and keep it high.

The method I've developed is divided into three different parts, which are: physical, cognitive, and freedom.

The first part 'physical', is made up of five principles, which are: consistent workouts, eat and drink healthy, quality sleep, masturbate without ejaculation, and avoid medicine.

The second part 'cognitive', is made up of four principles, which are: read and write erotica, leave fantasies unfulfilled, look at pornography infrequently, and take care of your appearance.

The third part 'freedom', is made up of three principles, which are: avoid jealousy, explore sexy activities, and flirt with other women.

All of the principles mentioned above act together causing a synergetic effect to naturally propel my libido into the stratosphere!

Through years of trial and error I've found why these principles are so important, and I'll provide that insight to you now.

The physical issues concerning libido are essential, and fundamental. Without a physical body that performs and functions properly, libido will not and cannot occur. To this end it is very important for me to keep my body functioning at it's highest potential.

Regular and consistent workouts are the number one thing I can do for my body. I've found that the most efficient method for working out consistently is to workout every-other day at home immediately after waking, by performing five full circuits made up of various body weight strength training exercises that work my entire body, followed by 30 minutes of low impact cardiovascular exercise.

My circuit consists of single leg squats, followed by decline pushups, followed by chin-ups. I perform these exercises one after the other with no rest. I do this circuit of exercises five times.

I follow that with 30 minutes of low impact cardio kick boxing, which I do by cycling through a series of jabs, hooks, uppercuts, straight punches, elbow strikes to the front, elbow strikes to the rear, front kicks, roundhouse kicks, side kicks, knee strikes to the front, and rear kicks.

I eat and drink healthy by moderating my intake of caffeine, alcohol, sodium, saturated fat, highly processed carbohydrates, and sugary food. I make sure to get plenty of water, and nutrients.

I get eight hours of quality sleep everyday, using a CPAP machine because I suffer from sleep apnea.

You've heard the term 'use it or lose it'. Well that applies to to my ability to develop erections. If I were to go extended periods without purposely getting erections, I would lose the ability to do so over time. Therefore it's very important for me to masturbate everyday. However, masturbating doesn't mean ejaculating. The ancient Taoists have a saying which is "an ounce of seed is an ounce of a man's soul." What they mean by this is that retaining ejaculate will keep the sexual energy in you, as apposed to ejaculating which will leave you lethargic and less energetic sexually. Therefore, I masturbate everyday and try not to ejaculate. This keeps my erections functioning properly, while keeping my sexual energy high. I don't worry about the buildup of ejaculate because I know from researching it that it naturally gets reabsorbed in my body.

It's important for me to avoid all drugs, particularly prescription medication. While some medication is unavoidable, such as antibiotics, it is a fact that the more medication you take the more difficult it is to develop erections.

There are some medications which are particularly bad for erections such as high blood pressure medication. Therefore it is very important that I keep myself as healthy as possible naturally by following the workouts, nutrition, and sleep guidelines mentioned above, and avoid taking medications whenever possible.

The cognitive issues concerning libido are equally important as the physical issues are. Without a proper mindset libido will not and can not occur. To this end it is very important that I keep my mind as sexual as possible and take the proper steps to develop that highly sexual mind.

Writing erotica develops my ability to conjure up sexual thoughts, which are meaningful to me. It was difficult to write erotica when I first started out, but over time I developed a knack for coming up with erotic ideas.This ability to focus and conjure up erotic thoughts is so important for my libido, and writing erotica is the key to developing this ability.

It's also important for me to read erotica as well as write it. When I read erotica I interpret the story as I see fit, and I internalize it as well. In the process of interpreting and internalizing the erotica I create the perfect mental environment for my own sexual thoughts to take hold, furthering my ability to develop sexual thoughts.

I'm sure you've heard the saying 'you want what you can't have'. A lot of times the temptation to have something that is forbidden can be overwhelming. This desire in a sexual context is a powerful force which always raises my libido. For this reason it is very important for me to leave some of my fantasies unfulfilled. Unfulfilled fantasies are a catalyst that develops sexual thoughts which is essential to my libido.

It is very important that I do not look at visual pornography often. While very infrequent viewing of pornography can stimulate my sexual mind, repeated exposures will take away my sexual excitement, and damage my ability to conjure up sexual thoughts which are needed for libido.

The more I look at pornography the more use to it I become. The excitement that I had when I first saw pornography diminishes over time causing me to need more and increasingly shocking images to obtain the same excitement I had when I first looked at more innocuous images.

Furthermore, repeated viewing of pornography causes me to become reliant on the visual stimulus as my sole source of sexuality, and ignores my mind's ability to conjure up it's own sexual thoughts. As previously mentioned in this essay, if I don't use something I will lose it, and this applies to my mind's ability to conjure up sexual thoughts. By repeatedly looking at pornography I leave my mind to waste away to the point that I cannot conjure up any sexual thought independently, and I become a slave to obtaining sexual excitement from looking at pictures which aren't nearly as exciting to me as they once were.

It is important that I take care of my appearance. I practice good hygiene, get my hair styled, and I wear fashionable clothing. Feeling good about myself, and having a feeling of self-worth gives me confidence which is an important prerequisite for libido.

Issues regarding freedom are equally as important to libido as physical and cognitive issues are. Without sufficient freedom, libido will not and can not occur. To this end it is very important for me to pursue sexual freedom by incorporating the following principles.

I have to avoid jealousy at all costs. There is nothing that extinguishes libido quicker in a relationship than jealousy. If a spouse doesn't feel free to express themselves sexually, the libido of both people in the relationship will shut down and become dormant.

Drastic problems such as jealousy require drastic solutions, and the following solution is just such a thing. My spouse and I would never entertain the idea of a swinger lifestyle, however we don't have to partake in the lifestyle to get the benefits from it. Secretly accepting my spouse and I as swingers without telling my significant other cures my jealous feelings of her instantly. Without my partner knowing that I now consider our relationship a swinger relationship she will not engage in overt extramarital affairs, and will continue to live her life as she always has. There is no reason for me to engage in affairs either, however my 'swinging' activities consists of tamer things which I explain below.

The healthy social behavior that my spouse has always engaged in, and which caused so much jealous feelings in the past, is now a non-issue for me. Secretly accepting my spouse and I as swingers not only releases my spouse from the prison of my jealous thoughts, it also gives me the freedom to relax. In so doing our libido has the environment it needs to thrive, and we both reap the benefits together.

Secretly accepting my spouse and I as swingers is the most drastic and newest addition to my program. Admittedly it took a leap of faith to try it in my life, but the instant increase in libido and the mental peace it brought made it well worth it.

Not only is it healthy for my spouse to have space, and freedom, it's healthy for me too! It's important for me to get out there and enjoy life! I experience all that life has to offer to excite me and increase my libido. I take drop in classes at yoga studios, I take one on one sessions with female personal trainers, I get a massages, and I even get brazilian waxes. The list of sexy activities I can partake in are endless. The excitement from exploring and finding new sexy activities is one of the greatest joys in my life.

The final principle of mine is a simple but very important one; flirt with other women. I'm in a committed relationship, but I'm not dead. Flirting with other women doesn't mean I'm going to have sex with them, but it does mean my confidence and self esteem and subsequently libido will increase.

A prominent psychologist once gave a hopelessly depressed man homework to flirt with at least ten women every single day. Imagine the adrenaline rush that man must have had from coming out of his shell and expressing his sexuality with others. As he became more assured of himself I'm sure his quality of flirting, and subsequent confidence increased. This no doubtably led to an increase in his libido.

To make sure that I'm following all the principles in my program consistently I follow a very important 'to do list' that I made for myself:

Workout every-other day at home immediately after waking, by performing five full circuits made up of various body weight strength training exercises that work the entire body, followed by 30 minutes of low impact cardiovascular exercise.

Eat and drink healthy by moderating my intake of caffeine, alcohol, sodium, saturated fat, highly processed carbohydrates, and sugary food. Get plenty of water, and nutrients.

Get eight hours of quality sleep everyday, using a CPAP machine.

Masturbate daily trying not to ejaculate.

Avoid taking medication whenever possible.

Read and write erotica daily.

Avoid fulfilling some of my fantasies.

Look at pornography very infrequently.

Practice proper hygiene, get my hair styled, and wear fashionable clothing.

Secretly accept my spouse and I as swingers.

Go out and do sexy activities.

Flirt with other women everyday.

I live, eat, and breathe these principles every minute of every day. They are my creed, and the blueprint for my life. I've memorized them and use them as my personal mantra.

Discovering the significance of the principles are one of the crowning achievements of my life, and I'm honored to have the opportunity to share them with you.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Beginner's Guide to Dominating her First time Topping: how to start off right.in How To
How To Appreciate A Woman What's the real truth about appreciating a woman?in How To
How to Succeed at Life Eight tips to heighten happiness and diminish despair.in How To
How to Sweeten Up Your Cum Some basic tips on varying the taste of your cum.in How To
How To: Female Ejaculation The art of bringing your lady to ejaculation.in How To
More Stories