How to Fill an Empty Nest Pt. 01

Story Info
Donna is just not the same since Katie left for school.
26.9k words
4.41
75.6k
96

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/16/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Well here is my second offering for Literotica. It will contain once again incest and cuckolding although the cuckolding will not appear till later in the story and will not be as extreme as in last story. It involves two families and will change the way they both live. All of the characters are over 18 and there is no sex with anyone under the age of 18.

*****

Donna Calloway was lying in her bed on a Monday morning watching her husband Jack getting ready for work. As she lay there she found herself wondering what was next in their lives. Their only child and her gemstone had moved out months ago to start college. She had been gone since August and it was now April of the following year.

The gemstone she was thinking of was their daughter Katie, and she was missing her terribly. She had thought that once Katie had left that she and Jack would be able to enjoy a newfound freedom that would be felt in all aspects of their life. Instead nothing had changed and her life was the same as it was back then with the exception of their daughter not being around.

Donna herself had just turned 42 this past month and was feeling lost with no direction. Her life with her husband wasn't unpleasant and he was a wonderful husband. He had provided for them all remarkably since she had met him twenty two years ago. Their lives were filled with comfort and money was no concern because he had excelled in his field of computer security. He was the head of his company and was responsible for contracts that he wasn't even allowed to discuss at home. His job required high levels of security because certain branches of the government had become his clients through the years.

He was unlike other husbands in the business world in that he rarely traveled for work and when he did he always offered to bring her along. She had sometimes taken him up on the offer and sometimes it had even included Katie. Those trips were always the best Donna remembered because while Jack was in meetings she had someone to enjoy the sights with.

She knew that she and Katie were close and she was proud of the bond they forged while she was growing up. She knew of plenty of dysfunctional families in their own social circle and felt blessed by the great relationship she had with their daughter. It was part of why she was feeling so lost right now, she felt like she wasn't just missing a daughter but a best friend too.

She had been Katie's confidant about everything as she worked her way through her teen years. She knew things that other mother's would cringe at knowing about their children. She had nurtured a bond with Katie that had led to her daughter feeling comfortable with sharing anything on her mind. Even including the whole drama revolving around a teenage girl losing her virginity.

Yes, she had been there at home the night Katie had come home after giving herself to her current boyfriend. She had known as her daughter was going out what was going to happen and she had been there with open arms to hold her and listen to her experience afterwards. It turned out for the best too because like so many first experiences Katie's had turned out horrible and she loved that she could turn to her mom afterwards.

Donna had been the one to get her on the pill when sex had first entered their conversations. She had never tried to discourage her little girl from thoughts of experimentation or trying to discover her blossoming sexuality. She thought it was healthy for her to discover herself at an early age, something she had been denied when she was younger.

Donnas' parents had been staunch Roman Catholics who believed that sex was not for enjoyment but was used only to have children. Because of that she came from a large family that included 4 sisters and 3 brothers. Strictness had been the operative word in her house and she had felt its oppressive thumb even in the first years of being married.

Even though she had met her husband Jack at twenty years old she was still a virgin and was sure she would be one till she was married. With her head full of Catholic guilt she was determined that she would not be like all the other sluts in the world who spread their legs at the slightest urging. She believed that sex was a necessary evil that a wife had to accept to be married. Like her parents she believed that it was only necessary to make children and should be avoided otherwise. She thought that giving in to carnal desires was a sign of weakness of the spirit and would lead to being damned.

Now twenty two years later she realized how naïve and wrong that mindset at had been. It was only through the wonderful patience of her husband that she was able to see the folly in that thinking. At first he had taken his time with her and taught her slowly that sex was the ultimate in physical expression of love. That to give one's body to another was the complete sacrifice that demonstrated the giving of one's heart to another.

She had been slow to understand but when she finally did it was like a light being shined into her life. Once she started to understand how wonderful the feelings were when she was filled with her husband's essence she gave herself over 100%. As she started to become more comfortable with her sexual self she had started to read books and that had led into explorations between her and Jack that before she was married would have been looked at as disgusting perversions.

She still remembered the first time she took his cock in her mouth; the smell and the taste were imprinted in her memories. She had shocked him too by doing it but she was proud to do it on her own without his urging. In her reading she had learned how intimate and loving an act it was to do this for the person she loved and she did love Jack with every ounce of her being. She had gazed into his eyes seeing the look of pleasure on his face as she worked him into a frenzy. Then when he tried to remove her head because of his impending orgasm she had stopped him. As he ejaculated in her mouth for the first time they had locked eyes and she could swear that at that moment they not only shared his semen but their souls.

She knew then there was nothing she wouldn't do to please this man, the love of her life. It went even as far as her giving him her final virginity on their tenth anniversary. She had arranged a romantic holiday in the Florida keys for just the two of them. She hated leaving Katie behind but she wanted the weekend just for her and Jack. Katie had stayed with two of their best friends Steve and Joanne who happened to be the parents of Katie's best friend Trisha.

That weekend was nothing but fireworks and orgasms for the two of them. It felt like a real honeymoon unlike their first when she had been uptight and inhibited. In a way she felt she owed it to him because of that first honeymoon. They did everything to each other over and over again and barely made it out of the room. She had finished it off on their last night by surprisingly handing him a tube of flavored lube. When she did he looked confused momentarily and she saw the light go on in his eyes.

She had positioned herself on her hands and knees in the center of the bed and pulled herself open to offer her final virginity to him. He had been masterful and loving in taking her back there too, just like he had been in taking her original virginity on their first honeymoon. He took it slow and whenever he saw discomfort cross her face he had stopped and waited. Eventually he was fully inside her and she felt heavenly. She felt like she had now given everything to the man she loved. She thought momentarily on what her parents would say if they saw her now and at that thought she urged her husband on in the taking of her ass.

Ever since then that had always been her outlook on sex, if what you were doing brought pleasure to your partner than go ahead and do it. It was one of the reasons she had broached the subject of sex with Katie as she grew up. She wanted her daughter to have a healthy and uninhibited attitude towards sex. She didn't want her to have to be pulled from her shell the way her mother did.

She had even discussed the idea of sex just for sex sake with her and had let her know that as long as nothing was forced between two people it could be wonderful. She had held her daughter in her arms the night she lost her virginity and wiped her tears away while listening to her cry. After the tears were gone she had asked her how it felt, not how she felt about the boy but how the act itself felt.

She was concerned that the boy might have physically hurt her but she was relieved to hear that Katie had though it felt good, if not really good. She didn't have an orgasm because she knew what that was from masturbating but being filled by a boy felt good to her. She was upset because after getting what he wanted the same boy had told her that he wanted to see other girls too. In essence she was being dumped by him and she felt like she had been used and thrown away.

It was this time that Donna took the time to reemphasize to her daughter how special sex was and that it should only be shared with someone you absolutely trusted. She wanted her to understand how much more special it would always be with someone you love. She had been a bit surprised to hear her daughter ask her if she thought it was okay to do it with someone who you thought was really hot even if you didn't love them.

She was at a loss for an answer to that because the only man she had ever had sex with was her husband. So she tried telling her daughter that as long as there was some respect between the two partners she didn't see anything wrong with a sexual encounter. After all she didn't want to inhibit her sense of adventure and exploration so she just went with what sounded modern. Little did she know the power those words would have with her daughter and eventually with her also.

"Honey are you going to get up anytime soon?" Jack asked her. He was concerned with his wife lately. She seemed so listless and uninspired.

"I don't know I just don't feel like getting up, I may just lay here for a few more hours." She told him softly.

"Baby, what's wrong, you haven't been yourself for months and it just seems like its getting worse. I mean you've been nothing but distant and to yourself for a long time now."

"It's nothing Jack, I mean it think it's just a phase. Please just be patient with me I'm sure it will pass soon."

"Okay but if it doesn't pass soon I want you to see a doctor, maybe there's some kind of imbalance. You've never been like this and it's affecting our whole lives. You know we haven't seen any of our friends since the Christmas holidays, every time they want to get together you seem to have a reason not to."

She didn't know how to tell him that seeing their friends just made her feel even worse. It was her whole life right now, the whole package that just seemed so unsatisfying and boring. How could she even begin to explain to him that every time she looked in the mirror all she saw looking back at her was a fat old woman with the number 42 tattooed on her head? How could she tell him that the thought of having sex with him had grown as boring and unattractive as she felt their life now was?

She was trusting that it was what she told him, a phase and that she would soon come through it with flying colors. She knows he was frustrated with everything surrounding them right now and he didn't deserve this. She knew how wonderful he was and how much he loved her but there were moments, very scary moments for her where she questioned if she still loved him.

It just felt like everything that had ever made her happy was now diluted and washed out, like an old time worn photograph.

Recently she had spent hours alone in the house after he would go to work doing nothing but crying and reminiscing about their earlier lives. The times of their life when things were new and exciting. The early days of their marriage after she had started to open up sexually when his very touch made her want to drop her pants and make love.

She remembered the early days when they were married, they had lived in Manhattan in the east village. What exciting times those were, they had so much energy and would spend most nights out at local clubs like CBGB's and Gildersleeves listening to live bands and feeding off the energy of the crowds. She remembered the outdoor cafes and spending leisurely Sunday afternoon's eating brunch after a long morning marathon of fucking up a storm.

Everything back then was so spur of the moment and there was so much to do right at their fingertips. Now 22 years later she felt used up and dried out, a mere shell of who she used to be. When she looked at Jack she felt nothing, she had to physically control herself from cringing sometimes when he would even touch her. So yes she knew something was wrong, a lot of something. She just didn't know how or what exactly it was and because of that she had no idea how to change it.

"Baby, do you know it's been three months since we last were intimate together. I mean if I were a less trusting man I would think..."

Out of the blue she exploded at that, "Think what Jack, think that I'm fucking another man! Is that what this is all about, all of this so called concern? It's all because your dick isn't getting wet enough for you, well let me tell you the only way that little cock of yours is ever going to get wet in the near future is in the shower! Right now you make me sick, why don't you take your 'concern' and stick it up your ass!"

Jack her husband of twenty two years just stood there with his mouth hanging open, he had never seen her like this. He was at a complete loss for what to say or do right now because her actions were so out of character with who she was.

He also knew that continuing this conversation was pointless, so he decided discretion was the better part of valor. However he want going to leave her without something to think about.

"Donna, there's something seriously wrong right now and I'm not going to assume anything. I will be home tonight and we will sit and have a civil conversation about what is bothering you and what we both can do to make it better. I don't expect you to fix things on your own that's why were together; I love you and just want my Donna back. The same Donna that I fell in love with and married all those years ago," he said before turning to leave.

After he left she just collapsed in tears, her whole body was consumed by deep wracking sobs. She felt ashamed of herself and the way she had just treated her husband and was overwhelmed with shame. She couldn't understand it nor could she seem to control it when the words started pouring out of her mouth. At the moment she wanted nothing more that to verbally hurt this man, the man who had given her everything in her life including Katie.

It was only at the thought of her daughter that she felt the clouds start to part. The darkness left her mind as she thought of Katie and what she might be doing right now. For a moment she thought she had a second of clarity, then as she thought on it more and more she realized that she might have discovered the root of her depressed feelings. She missed her daughter; the person who had been her best friend had been gone all this time.

She thought back to the Christmas holidays and how wonderful it had been to have her back home. She had been slightly sad from August on when Katie had first left home but she always knew that she would return for Thanksgiving and Christmas. However after Christmas she had felt horrible because there were no more major holidays that would include their daughter. Katie had already decided that she would be staying in the city for the summer so she didn't even have summer vacation to look forward to.

Could that be the root of all her hurt and anger, a very severe case of empty nest syndrome and if that was the case how could she fix that. She had no desire to get a job and she didn't have any real hobbies to keep her entertained. She thought briefly in her anger about actually going out and doing what Jack had started to accuse her of but she just couldn't see herself having an affair. Not that the idea was particularly repulsive to her, more than a few of their mutual friends wives had confessed to her of doing just that. They had sworn it made them feel rejuvenated and was just the distraction they needed to keep their own sanity in their marriages.

No she couldn't see herself doing that because she would never be able to look her husband in the face and lie. He could see right through her and always told her that she was the world's worst liar. An affair wasn't the answer although when she thought about it she did feel herself moistening between her legs. Maybe she could just fantasize about it and let that do some of the work for her.

The more she sat there thinking about it the more she realized that all of this stemmed back to Katie being on her own. She was slightly envious of her beautiful daughter because she was living a single girls dream right now. She was a first year film student at NYU and had serious aspirations of becoming a director someday. She was also living in a fully paid for apartment in the heart of the east village, her and Jack's old stomping grounds. She was living there based solely on her mother's influence. After hearing all the old war stories of how great her dad and mom had it all those years ago Katie had no desire to live anywhere else. Of course the east village was nothing like what it was when her and Jack were young. When the three of them had gone looking for an apartment for Katie she couldn't believe the changes in the neighborhood.

There was no longer anything seedy or edgy about their old haunt, she was actually surprised to see that Trash and Vaudeville clothing store was still open on St Marks place. It stood out as an oasis of the past in the middle of everything new. Now the gentrification that had started when they lived there had been completed and it was now full of nothing but beautiful twenty somethings living what they considered the bohemian New York lifestyle. She had actually cried a little inside when she saw what had become of their beloved CBGB's, it was now an upscale men's clothing store.

Of course the biggest change evident was when Katie found an apartment she absolutely loved and they heard the rent. One of the agreements that Katie had made with her parents was that to be allowed to live in an apartment instead of in the NYU dorms she had to have a roommate. It was purely a security thing with both her and Jack believing in the old strength in numbers for when girls hung out. They didn't want her falling prey to some psychopath from being on her own for the first time in her life.

The rent shocker was easily dealt with because while they weren't sickeningly wealthy they were more than comfortable. Taking on their daughter's rent would be their present to her new found independence. Still it was quite the present at 3500 dollars a month for a spacious two bedroom apartment. It even had the rarity in New York City apartments, a full kitchen.

The roommate finding had been a result of divine providence sticking its nose into their lives. Katie's best friend Trish had been a late acceptance to NYU also and the two girls were ecstatic to be roommates. They had known each other almost their entire lives and had been bff's long before the term was even invented.

So the more she thought about it the more she realized for the first time she could have an answer for Jack tonight when he wanted to talk. At the very same time she fantasized about how great it would be if she was living with the two girls enjoying everything the city had to offer just like when she was young. She knew that was a fantasy because she also knew she wasn't young anymore.

123456...8