How to Find Peace Within

Story Info
Helpful hints to get you out of the blues.
798 words
4.65
29.9k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers

Do you find yourself struggling just to make it through each long tiring day? Do you find that you fly off the handle for no apparent reason? Are bills wearing you down to the ground and you feel trapped in a world with no way out?

If any of these things apply to you then you might want to read the rest of this how to, and see if my ideas can help you and get you feeling better and on the right track.

The first and most important thing to do is breathe. Yep that is right, a simple little thing we take for granted but approach it a little differently. Take deep cleansing breaths. Listen to your breathing and find your heartbeat. If you are about to go off on somebody take a second and breathe. If you hear your heart racing in your chest if you take a few deep breaths you will notice your heart will slow down. This will relieve some of the tension and it will also give you time to clear your head before you do or say something that you might regret.

Next, don't sweat the small stuff. If someone cuts you off while you are driving don't freak out. Maybe your kid spilt milk, no need to get angry. Little things like these don't need to be taken out of context. Just let them slide and not eat you up inside. If you sweat the small stuff your pressure increases causing bigger obstacles to become out of reach for you. If you go to step one when something little happens then you will find yourself much more at ease. The more things you let get at you the more run down you become.

If you have the money treat yourself to something nice and relaxing. Perhaps you like the movies. However if you do go to the movies make it a light hearted contest. Maybe a day at the spa where you can be pampered would be good for you. Who couldn't go for a nice relaxing massage? I know I love them.

If you don't have a lot of money may I suggest a nice walk on the beach or at your nearest park? Suck up the nature and get away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy city.

Find a hobby for yourself. Do something you like that can take your mind off of everything that is bugging you. Painting, scrap booking, photography, golf, carpentry, and collecting are just some of the many hobbies that can take your mind and soul to a better place.

If you are a religious person go to your place of worship and pray. You can use your religion to keep a strong base. Perhaps counseling with Pastor, Minister or Rabbi could help you through your tough times.

Go for a drive. I know driving itself can be pressure packed but if you drive for the love of driving and not because you are in a hurry to get somewhere you will find it much more enjoyable. Hit the open road and be that geek who has the stereo cranked up and sings along at the top of their lungs.

Turn the lights down in the house, light some candles and turn on some nice soft music. You might love heavy metal but the aggressive beats will only get your heart pumping faster. Just sit back and listen to the music and take in the soft mood you have created for yourself.

A nice hot bath with bubbles of course is always a nice way to escape. A whole ad campaign was based on this. Do you remember "Calgon take me away!?" Just lie in the tub and soak in the wonderful peacefulness of the moment.

Last but not least talk to someone. If no one knows what you are going through then no one can help you. Don't try to take on the world yourself. So the next time someone asks you what is wrong, vent about what is really bothering you. It works magic to get stuff off your chest that has been eating you from the inside out. The longer you keep in bad stuff the longer you will feel bad.

Remember stress is a killer...literally. It causes many deaths a year, don't be one of them.

I almost forgot, if you have kids give them a hug. You wouldn't believe how therapeutic it can be realizing what is important in your life and your kids should be the most important.

Anyway I am not a doctor, I am just a regular guy who has been down and found ways to get back up. I hope they help you out of the blues you find yourself in.

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers