Hummingbird

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrPezman
MrPezman
470 Followers

Eventually, we calmed, and our hearts slowed. She raised her head to look at me, and tears shone in them.

"I never knew that this could be so incredible!" she favored me, "And if each time after is better, I might faint from bliss!"

I reached up and touched her cheek, elated, "I can imagine no greater rapture, nor would I wish to."

"Speak true? Tell me you mean it."

"I swear it, every word. I could love no other as you."

She lay her head back upon my shoulder, her lips kissing my neck, her hands caressing my cheek. I held her in my arms, slipping swiftly into slumber.

During the night, she woke me with kisses, and insisted that we couple again, her urges colored with excitement.

"I must have you again, I beg!"

She lay on her back, her thighs spread, and I knelt between them. She grasped me, pulling me to her, my manhood throbbing at the sight of her. I sank slowly inside her, and gave myself to her pleasure, first slow, soft, until she begged that I would hasten, for she drew near glorious release, and her excited, breathless urges for me brought me to my own release. Together, our gasps in unison, we coupled as lovers once more, and reached release, soon sleeping after, our energies spent.

Upon waking the next morning, I found that Raina had woken first, and had washed. She added a few logs to the fire, which had died sometime in the night. She kindled it and set the kindling afire, which spread to the logs. When she turned to me, I saw a troubled expression in her eyes.

"What is it?" I stood up and went to her.

She hesitated, and then explained, "I was outside gathering wood for the fire and I spotted scouts in the woods. They were a ways off, and they did not spy me... they are not tracking very well, as you did carry me when I fell, and you know the woods as I do not."

"Do you think they will-" I began, and someone knocked upon my door.

Her eyes widened with fear, but I put a finger upon her lips, whispering, "Be easy, love."

She nodded, gathered her cloak, and retreated to the store room. I dressed quickly as the visitor knocked again, and then, my bow in hand, arrow at the ready, I unbarred and opened the door.

Two dark elves, clad in light armor and wielding long spears such as Raina had lost, stood a few paces back. They sneered openly, but retained their bearing.

"Human," the one on the left regarded me with disdain, "We seek another of our kind, a female, who may have happened upon your dwelling."

I replied mildly, "You are the second one to knock upon my door for this purpose, and I will tell you as I have told the last, I have seen no dark elves out here."

"Who else has sought after her?"

"A band of brigands, who numbered two less after happening upon her. They appeared quite worse for wear, so it was apparent that they had not expected such a response. You are dark elves?"

The two glanced at each other, and then back at me, surprised at my question, the talkative one responding, "Have you no sight? Can you not see that we are?"

"Forgive me," I smiled apologetically, "I have never met a dark elf before. I have lived all of my life out here in the woods, mind you, and have not had the opportunity. You do not seem as pleased to encounter me, however. Have I wronged you, perhaps?"

"Your kind has wronged us for centuries, human. Where did these brigands seek her next?"

"Oh, well, I have not the office to apologize for so many humans before me, I am afraid, and I have never had occasion to wrong your kin, nor would I, being a peaceable sort. The brigands, three of them, moved on, south, towards the fields outside of the woods."

The two elves, taken aback at my friendly demeanor, were unsure of how to retort. The first peered at me as if he'd never seen anything like me, which he probably hadn't, "I see... so you did not happen to see her at all?"

"If I had, perhaps I would be no more, considering how large the brigands were. As it stands, you are the first dark elves I have ever met. I hope that you will not be the last, as I would wish to show you that, among those who have wronged you, there may be some that wish you no ill will."

Disarmed of their sneers, they blinked, confused, and the first bade me a good day before they left. I went back inside, closing and barring the door, grinning.

"You are a wonder," Raina emerged, smiling, from the store room, "If I were not careful, I would have laughed and ruined the whole story."

"They seemed so angry that I could not help myself," I took her in my arms, "But, I suppose, this means that you must go back."

"I wish not to," she frowned, "I would rather risk banishment than leave your side."

"Would you risk your clan's banishment as well? I cannot be the cause of that."

She started, stung by my words, "Would you forsake our love for those whom you do not know?"

"I do not forsake our love, I only would not be responsible for the banishment of your family from their home. I have only you to lose. They would lose their home, their status, and all because of your love for me."

"How could you hurt me so?" she cried, glaring at me, "If I go, they may not allow me to return to the surface, and I would never see you again. Are you to risk losing me just so my clan can retain their status?"

"I do not want to lose you," I took her hand, "Is there any chance that I could convince them not to punish you and your clan, that I can be accepted?"

"After centuries of hatred?" she wrenched her hand free from mine, "You would be fortunate to escape with your life! My father would have you put to death himself if he knew of our love!"

"Then there is no hope of reconciliation, no way for us to be together without exiling an entire clan in return?"

"And you have stated your decision," she grabbed her cloak, crying, "And I would not burden you with such a responsibility."

She unbarred the door, flung it open, and fled into the woods.

I struggled into my boots, cursing myself vehemently, grabbed my bow and quiver, and ran after her.

I could not see her, nor where she had run, but I saw the print of her boot where the ground was still soggy, so I ran in that direction, towards the fields, but not directly south. I could not call her name, for fear of other ears hearing me, so I hurried ahead, passing a spot where I found another boot print, a freshly broken sprig from a sapling. Before long, another sign of her direction was presented me, though I could have gone a lifetime without hearing it; I heard her shriek in agony. I sprinted in her direction, fear and dread warring in my heart. I skidded to a stop as I saw her in a small clearing, surrounded by the three brigands, one of whom had wounded her with her own spear. The tip was stuck in the ground, impaled through the outside of her thigh.

I almost cried out right there, but somehow kept my composure. I nocked an arrow, aimed, and let loose. The arrow streaked almost faster than I could see it, and buried itself in one of the brigands, deep into his throat. He gargled his own blood for a second, and then fell. I had another arrow nocked even as the other two, caught off their guards, spotted me. The leader bellowed in rage, and the other started toward me. I let loose the second arrow, and he stood for nearly three seconds, confused about the arrow protruding from his chest, trying to paw at it, and then falling forward onto it. I readied a third arrow, taking my eye off the leader for just a second, which was nearly too long. He had already crossed half the distance between us as I drew the arrow back, and was only three arm lengths from reaching me when I loosed it. It suddenly stuck from his right eye, and he stumbled forward. I dodged him easily, as he was no longer very coordinated, and he continued on straight for another five seconds before his body got the message, and he fell where he stopped.

I rushed to Raina's side, kneeling next to her.

"I've got to pull it from the ground," I paled as I saw the blood running from her thigh.

She was reeling, hardly able to stand on her own, so I stood up and let her lean against me. I pulled the spear tip from the ground, and she cried out weakly. I caught her before she could faint, and I carried her carefully, trying not to bump the spear. I lamented the entire way, blaming myself and my idiot tongue for hurting her and sending her out into the woods. I reached the cabin, but I was not alone.

"Unhand her, human!" the first scout shouted, his spear at my throat.

The second scout was shocked at the spear that went through Raina's leg, so much so that he wasn't pointing his own spear.

"I will not put her down, not until we get inside," I grunted, shivering, "Help me, I beg of you!"

I rushed inside, followed by the two scouts, who watched as I placed her gently on the ground.

"I have to take the spear out," I felt dizzy as I reached to grab the handle of the spear.

"No!" the first scout stopped me, "Human, you cannot pull it back out the way it went it, not with the spear tip the way it is, you must-"

"Cuthbert," I grit my teeth, "My name is Cuthbert, not 'Human.'"

"Fine," the scout continued, "Cuthbert, you must cut the tip of the spear off first."

I looked around, seeing my axe leaning against one wall, and shaking my head, "I do not have anything that would cut the spear, not without a lot of chopping."

The scout reached into his ruckah, rooted around, and pulled out a black pouch that glimmered red depending on which way he turned it.

"This will eat through the wood," he opened the pouch, "Hold her still, as it would eat through flesh just as quickly."

The other scout grabbed one of my plates, placing it under the spear. The first scout sprinkled just a little of a greenish-blue powder onto the spear just under the tip. Immediately, the wood began smoking as the powder ate slowly through it. Within only a few minutes, the powder had eaten all of the way through the wood, and the spear tip clanked to the floor. The scout produced a small leather cloth, and wiped the remaining powder from the wood, tossing it onto the plate even as the powder started to eat through the leather.

"Now comes the hard part," said the scout, "You must pull the spear out. Naku," he gestured to the other scout, "Ready the Tyrtue powder, and pour it on both sides of the wound as soon as he pulls the spear out."

Naku nodded, grabbed a dark green pouch, opened it, and knelt on the other side of Raina. I took a deep breath, grabbed the spear shaft, and pulled it out quickly, tossing it aside. Even as the spear flew, Naku was pouring a little bit of powder in the back part of the wound, and as the spear clattered to the floor, he poured some on the front side.

"This will slow the bleeding, but we must get her back so that she can be seen by someone who can mend the wound properly," the scout explained.

"Good, I'll carry her," I nodded.

"Your offer is appreciated, hum-... Cuthbert, but-"

"No," I struggled to regain my composure, "I will carry her. You can lead the way."

"You don't understand," the scout frowned, "Humans are not allowed in Farfell, never have been. You may be slain by the guards before you step across the threshold."

Naku spoke up, "Rasab, Raina will not be long for this world if we don't hurry. Let him carry her, and we'll discuss this later."

Rasab nodded to Naku, "You speak true, fine, Cutbert, we should go."

I picked her up, and her arms went weakly around my shoulders, and, after a thought, I went to the shelf where the hummingbird carving was displayed. I grabbed it from the little stand, and gave it to her. She held onto it, opening her eyes briefly to see it. Naku and Rasab followed me outside, Naku closing the door behind him. The scouts led the way through the woods, and we passed by the place that Raina had been wounded, the brigands still dead where they lay. The scouts glanced at the corpses, amazed at their size. As I followed the scouts, I hoped that there were no more surprises along the way, because I would not be able to draw my bow while holding her, and I would not put her down to do so.

"You spoke untrue when we asked about Raina," Rasab deduced, "Or you would not be so insistent on carrying her."

"I know her, and beg forgiveness for my untruths. I was protecting her from the brigands, who did indeed attack her, and she did slay two of them before losing her weapons and running for her life. I brought her to my cabin and tended her wounds."

"To think that a human would risk his own life to save a dark elf," Naku said wonderingly.

Rasab agreed, "Yes, it is most unusual. But why did you lie to us about her whereabouts?"

I had no real answer to give, other than the truth, which they might not be willing to accept, so I said, "I wished her to heal before going, but then she decided she should go anyway soon after."

Rasab glanced sideways at me for a few seconds, but said nothing.

I followed them out of the woods, across the field to the south, and further on, ignoring my worries, just moving, hoping that we would get her to help in time to save her. I refused all offers to relieve myself of her for a bit, as I feared they might take her from me, never for me to see her again, and we continued on coming closer and closer toward Mount Leedhi. My legs and arms were burning greatly, and my strength was beginning to flag, as I had been carrying her in my arms for hours, an immense test of my endurance, but it would be worth it, I prayed. Suddenly, they stopped me, and pointed out a small passageway between two mammoth-sized fallen boulders, and into a cave that was hidden behind them. I followed them into the cave, which was lit by torches once it veered around a corner. We reached the end of the tunnel, and Rasab pushed open a small door that was all but hidden by the wall. We continued through, finding another, better lit tunnel that led to a large, elaborately carved bronze door. Two armored dark elf guards stood before it, and spears pointed at me.

"Let us pass, this is a matter of great importance," Rasab announced, "We must get her to help before she perishes."

"You may pass, but not the evil one," one of the guards pointed at me with the spear.

"He carried her the whole way here, insisted on it," Naku explained, "He has earned passage, if only to bring her to help."

The guards spoke to each other, and then shrugged, "Then you are responsible for him. Once he has completed his task, you may kill him at your leisure."

The guards pushed open the heavy door, let us through, and then closed it behind them. As weary as I was, I still had to goggle at the immensity of the subterranean city of Farfell. It stretched on further than I could see, buildings, shops, markets, homes. Still, I was in too much of a hurry to stop and gawk. Naku and Rasab led me down a large, wide avenue, and, finally, came upon a home that appeared to have been carved out of a solid monolith of marble. The doors were highly polished bronze, and opened in upon a grand house. The floors were inlaid with gold and crystals, the ceilings tall, sconces blazing everywhere. An older dark elf with a very distinguished appearance hurried into the front hall, quite angry, even more so when he spotted me.

"A human!" he shouted, "You dare to bring a filthy human into our city?"

Naku flinched, but Rasab replied, "This human has saved your daughter from brigands twice, and has carried Raina all the way here on his own strength and will."

"He what?" the older elf gaped in astonishment, "That is impossible! There must be some other explanation!"

"Please," I gasped, "She will not last much longer!"

The older elf led us into a smaller room, which was still larger than my entire cabin, and instructed me to put her down on a pillow. I did so, kneeling slowly to place her as gently as possible. Somehow, even unconscious, she had managed to hold on to the hummingbird, and, as I stood up, she held it to her breast with both hands.

"Now, Rasab, go and get Zasor, tell him this is a matter of grave importance," the elf commanded, and, to Naku, "You, watch this human. I ought to have you executed right beside him for this!"

He went to Raina's side, examined the wound, "Gods! What happened to her?"

Naku answered, "She was impaled with her own spear, taken from her by the brigands. This man killed the brigands with great skill, one arrow per fiend, carried her to his cabin, where he found us, and then he removed the spear. If not for him, she would be dead."

Her father stood, scowling, "Why would a human go out of his own way to save a dark elf twice, and protect her from his own kind... I assume the brigands were human?"

Naku nodded, and Raina's father continued, "How is this possible? Tell me, human."

"My name is Cuthbert, not 'human,'" I managed to tear my eyes from Raina, "And I have no qualms with you or your kin. If Raina were of any other race, I would have saved her just as quickly. As it is, she saved my life first."

I explained of how Raina and I had met, how she had mistaken me for Kinilike and sank her dagger in my shoulder, and of mending my wounds shortly after discovering I wasn't him.

"Yes, that bow, I know of it," he nodded grimly, "It has spilled much of my peoples' blood. I would have it destroyed."

"The weapon is not responsible for blood spilled," I replied, backing up a step as Naku stepped forward to disarm me, "The one who wielded it is. This is the same bow I used to slay the brigands who threatened Raina's life, so would you not say that it is capable of good, as well as evil?"

He waved my reply off in irritation, "Even after she discovered you were not Kinilike, she should have left you to die. Why would she decide to mend you instead?"

"She wanted to know where I got the bow, and I told her. When she discovered that I was different from all the humans you have told her about, she decided that a human that possesses kindness is worth saving."

"There is no such thing as a human that possesses kindness. All humans are evil, treacherous, only fit for extermination," he replied sharply, and then sighed, "And still you have saved her life... what do you hope to gain from these actions? Do you seek fortune, favor?"

I laughed, though it was hollow and mirthless, about to retort, when Rasab returned with an old elf with a bowed back, and a long staff that assisted him in walking.

"Zasor," Raina's father spoke, "Before anything else happens in this room, you must swear a vow of secrecy that what you see never leaves my house."

"And you have it, so you do," cackled Zasor, "Though I would hope that a simple vow such as this is not the only reason to have interrupted my studies."

"First, I would have you help my daughter. She was wounded, and is close to death."

"Raina?" he hobbled over to her, "Yes, a grievous wound, lost a lot of life's blood, not far from the end of the path, but also not quite there yet."

He knelt slowly, grunting as his knees protested, and then brought out a bottle from a small bag that I had not noticed he was carrying.

"This will hurt a little, young Raina, forgive me, so I beg, but it will help more," he unstopped the bottle, and then pressed against the wound, pushing one side to the other, wincing at Raina's weak cries, but not wasting time. He poured a small amount of a dark, syrupy liquid onto the wound, set the bottle aside, and smeared the liquid into the closed wound, and when he let go, the wound stayed shut. He repeated the process with the other side.

"There," he pronounced, "She will need to rest a while, but she will live."

Rasab stepped forward and helped him to his feet.

I wanted to go to her side, but Naku shook his head when he saw me start, indicating quietly for me to stay put. Only a few minutes later, I was heartened to see her eyes flutter open briefly, and she brought the hummingbird carving to her face, smiling slightly, before holding it to her breast. Her eyes closed again.

MrPezman
MrPezman
470 Followers