Hunt for Love Ch. 02

Story Info
Searching for his true mate.
6.5k words
4.45
10.5k
7

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/05/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you for reading the my story. please forgive any typos I tried to catch them all comments welcome and appreciated, good or bad.

--------------------------------------------------

Seeing the full moon high above in this clear night sky makes me want to run. Yet every time I think about running I cant help but replay that dream in my head over an over. I'm chasing that beautiful woman, well half woman, and half tiger. Hell I'm still not totally sure what she is, all I know is that I cant stop thinking about her. I'm not totally sure if she is even real or if its my minds way if playing games with me. All I know for certain is that if she is real I've gotta find her. I'll know her if I ever see her. That I can promise you. Her eyes are absolutely unforgettable. They are a majestic blue, almost green sometimes. Depends on the way she looks at you. Mind you as I've said I'm not even sure if she is real but she is truly an amazing sight to behold least in my dreams that is.

As I lie here under the stars my wolf is clamoring to get free. Shall I give into my wild side? Let him run and chase nothing? Or shall I keep him subdued for a little while longer? I decide to let my instincts take over. Stripping out of the shirt and jeans that are inhumanly uncomfortable to me all of the sudden an toss them onto a tree limb, then stretch in a final preparation for my shift. In a single instant it happens with ease. My nose catches a sent not so unfamiliar to me. It's has a masculine hint to it and yet is ever so feminine. I can't help but chuckle to myself for I know just who it is. My younger brother. Well by brother I mean my twin. Some how we came from the same parents and yet have become very different.

The femininity that surrounds him baffles me I've always been absolutely certain that he should have been a woman. I run towards the scent to see if I can catch up to him. Not that he could possibly out run me. See having one parent that's a shifter the other who is half-human half shifter sometimes the genes get crossed.

Interspecies development sometimes can occur yet it hasn't happened for centuries until now with my brother and I. you see my brother, is not a wolf like myself. He developed into a shifter of an altogether different kind.

His name is Mato and to put it simply. He is a bear. A very big lovable, honest creature. He can shift into human form but prefers to stick to his wild side. He lives alone out here an once in a while we cross paths. Mato is what we call a two spirit. He can be either male or female. That just depends on his mood. I'm sure u can tell by now that he has chosen to be a male. Why else would I call him my brother right. Besides the fact that we have the same parents we have almost nothing else in common.

Finally I catch up to him about a mile or so down the unseen scent path. I hear a grumble and swiftly change before I get into his sight.

"Mato good to see you, how have u been?"

He shifts in front of me, which is probably the first time in months that's he's done so. I look at him with a bit of longing behind my stare. I have to admit there are times when I wish that I had the joys of the little things he has chosen for himself. Mostly though, the freedom. I envy such freedom. Our father has never claimed him. Said no creature like him could possibly come from his seed. So he was cast away as soon as he could fend for himself. Though he and I have stayed in constant contact threw nothing more then telepathy. I almost forget that I have a brother because we are so different but every now and again he will simply tell me that he's fine an not worry about him.

"Brother have you been taking care of yourself" Mato asks

I look at him for a moment then away at something meaningless off in the distance.

"Honestly? No as usual I've been getting by. But alas you know me. I always seem to manage though right?"

He wants me to tell him of my human life I know. But hell I don't even wanna think about it myself. The shit I deal with from the alpha, the messes I try to keep myself out of. He really doesn't need to know any of it really. He would try to convince me as usual when we talk to join him out here. Learn to just be my inner beast and nothing more.

"Dak, you are too quiet. What's bothering u? it's the alpha again isn't it? "

I simply nod at him knowing I have no words to answer his questions.

"Mato. I envy you. don't u know that? I love hearing of your life an not having to deal with my own."

he chuckles gruffly then changes back into his bear form

" follow me brother as your wolf."

So I strip an shift with ease. Shaking the shudder off. I sniff around a moment then look to him. He takes off at a full run not worrying about loosing me I easily follow his lumbering stride into a clearing. He stops in the middle of the meadow an flops down onto his back looking up at the sky like a child.

"Dak, do you remember the days when we would spend hours doing such silly things? Looking at the sky trying to see what stories the clouds would tell that day? Do u remember?"

"Yes I do. Those were the days huh. Not a trouble in our worlds in those moments."

I lay down next to him paws in the air. Enjoying the soft feel of the grass against my fur. How I miss the smell of the earth. The scent of mother nature herself.

Mato looked at his brother with a questioning look when Dak just spaced into his own little world making him shake his head in wonder how his brother could be intelligent as they all say he was. Dak finally snapped out of his mind numbing space out and looked at Mato with a questioning look but smirked nonetheless.

"Tell me brother, how have you been?" Dak asked as he crouched.

Mato just studied him before a fully answered.

"As I always have been Dak, fine and nature tuned as always. What is it that you want of me?"

Dak shrugged. "Cant I just come for a visit without it seeming that I want something?"

Mato snorted sarcastically. "Please, even though I'm your brother and I know that you care for me but I'm not stupid enough to believe that you don't want anything."

Dak sighed. "Ah, you know me too well brother, too well indeed. Well I just saved another female from fathers clutches and I'm getting really tired of his sadistic and sick ways of things. I need information as usual."

Mato raised a brow as he sat on a tree stump that acted like either a seat or a table depending on Mato's mood during that moment when he did eventually shift back to his human form. Dak waited patiently even though he really wasn't one that patience was a virtue with.

"Of course, tell me something that I don't know."

Mato sighed.

"What exact ally do you need brother?"

"There is something brewing in the air and I don't like the stench of it. Father is planning something and there is an outside source that appears to be working with him even though who or what ever it is has no intention on being loyal in the end,"

Dak said calmly but had that look that he was extremely serious.

This time Mato's other brow joined its brother when it too was raised.

"Really now? I never counted father stupid enough to go that far nor trusting enough to acquire help from those out side of the clan."

"Well this outsider isn't helping him directly so to speak, I think that father doesn't have a clue that he's being set up and he is too stubborn and egotistic to see it,"

Dak replied with a spat as if he had acid in his mouth.

"True, but what are you going to do about it if I gave you what you need?" Mato said with a smirk knowing exactly what his brother want to do.

"Depends on what I find out. So are you willing to help me?"

Dak hedged around the question.

Mato snorted again knowing his brother just dodged the question completely.

"If you say so Dak, but I guess I will help you."

Dak sighed in relief even though it didn't show on his passive features, suddenly he was startled when they both heard a bit of rustling next to them even though they were nowhere near any bushes. Dak shifted quickly as his gaze settled on an animal that wasn't usual in this forest, a jaguar but as he looked into its eyes he noticed there was a fire in them like no others he had ever seen.

"Ah I see that you have returned, don't worry this man here is my brother Dakota or better known as Dak," Mato said with a slight smile on his face.

Dak looked into the jaguars' eyes which the right eye was ice blue as the left was a moss green and if you look close enough you can see flakes of silver in the ice blue and flakes of gold in the moss green. Dak narrowed his eyes as something came to mind, he broke out of his thoughts when the strange creature before him snorted as if in disgust and he swore that the jaguar rolled its eyes.

"Mato, who in the hell is this creature?" Dak asked in a growl.

Mato chuckled. "Don't be alarmed brother, she is one of use," Mato replied before looking at the new arrival with a small smile. "Would you shift back to your human form? I'm sure that my brother would like to meet you."

The strange jaguar looked at Mato and tilted her head to the side but shook her head with a sigh. She started to shift back, you could here the bones and joints pop and crack as they shifted to become human and the fur that covered its body started to recede to reveal bronze skin. Dak watched in fascination as she changed before his eyes, he studied her features. Going over them quickly with a careful eye.

"Dak, I would like you to meet Anya Shadow a friend of mine that I met some time ago," Mato said softly.

Dak kept studying her, she was tall and slim but filled out in all the right places and her body would make all the males drool and lust over her and the females were envy and became jealous over. She wasn't completely naked like someone would be after shifting back to their human form, no, she wore what looked like vines as if she was an amazons' warrior. Her eyes were the same when she was in the form of the jaguar that went well with her skin tone of bronze, her hair was a deep black but he could see the blue highlights clearly when some form of light hit it. He knew immediately that they would more pronounced if she were to be in direct sunlight, yet by the weight of her stare on him she didn't trust him nor did she like him.

"It's nice to meet you Anya, would you like to join use?"

Dak said with a coy smile.

Anya just looked at him before looking at Mato.

"I've gotten what you asked for. I have it in safe keeping until its needed"

She had not really acknowledged the fact that Dakota was even in her presence, nor had really said anything to him. She seemed to like making people angry an it suited her well to know that it aggravated him so much an so easily.

Dak on the other hand could feel his anger begin to boil in his veins. He had never had anyone ignore him like that, with the exception of his father. Dak began to notice this woman had no scent. Nothing to be able to identify her with unless she was right in front of u.

Anya looked at Dak with a raised brow before she figured out what he was doing which made her smirk.

"Don't like what you cant smell wolf??" Anya asked in a mocking tone.

A cold shiver ran down his spin as his blood chilled, he looked away from her and gazed at his brother as he tried to shake the feeling that he was in the presence of a deadly and dangerous killer.

"Anya, that's enough. Thank you for doing what I asked of you and I will see you later," Mato said in a calm but commanding tone.

Anya looked at Mato with a raised brow, their gazes locked and didn't brake as if they were talking silently to one another. Dak watched carefully as he saw the mysterious woman relax fully and slightly nod before turning around to leave them, just before she neared the tree where Dak was standing, she stopped and looked back at Mato with a calculating look before she started to shift. Dak was baffled when she turned into a different animal than what she arrived as, her dark feathers glossed and she flew away leaving them alone.

Dak turned his head quickly to his brother with a questioning look.

"What in the fuck was that?"

Mato smiled. "That was Anya. All you need to know about her is to stay away from her until she gets to know you and don't get in her way, she's extremely dangerous and wont hesitate to kill you if you just so happen to become her enemy."

Dak snorted as he finally felt the chill leave him and his instincts become calm. "brother seriously the feeling she just gave me was fear. An I don't fear anything or anyone as you well know but she made me feel fear for the first time in my life. What the hell is with that?"

Mato just smiles at him knowing that feeling all to well himself.

"She can do that to you, though I feel extremely comfortable with her and I don't fear her anymore, she just takes some getting use to that's all. In time you will see. She is a good person to have on your side when your lookin for a fight."

Dak studied his brother calmly and wondered where he met that she-devil, he decided that can wait for another time and he gently pushed off the tree he was leaning against. Stretching he inhaled deeply before he settled his gaze on his brother again.

"I must go before father has a conniption fit,"

Dak said with an acid tone.

Mato smiled before nodding. " Stay well brother, an do not be such a stranger." Mato wrapped Dak in the tightest hug possible before letting him go an shifting back into his bear. Dak shifted himself an let out a low howl. As he ran off back to the compound.

As Dak had figured, his father the "Great Alpha Silver Cloud" was waiting impatiently for his return. The old wolf had nothing better to do then to have Dak at his beck and call. Morris, his fathers right hand man and also his fathers first Beta was the one to speak to him as soon as his paws were in the door.

"Your father wants a word with you Dakota."

Dak simply rolls his eyes an gives a low growl as he heads towards his fathers study. He pushes open the door open as he shifts into hybrid form.

The large Alpha wolf regards his son with distaste.

"So I see you finally decided to grace me with your presence. How charming of you to do so!" he says with a long low growl.

Dak simply says nothing waiting for him to continue chastising him for not being here every moment before he stands to leave.

"Is there a reason you requested my presence father? Or do you wish to continue to let me know of all the ways I've wronged you today? Dak says smugly

The Alpha watches him closely before answering "You are to stay on the compound until further notice. You have no reason to stray away from here, now go shower you smell like a filthy animal" he waves him off without a second look. Dak leaves his fathers office shaking his head as he heads up to his part of the house.

Entering his darkened room he senses hes not alone. His hackles rise as he shifts into his wolf form. He scents his space room by room, not smelling anything unusual yet he can still feel someone's or something's eyes upon him. He curses under his breath still looking around. Then remembers his meeting with his brother an that odd creature called Anya. He turns around as softly says her name speaking to what he presumes is nothing.

"Anya?"

She chuckles softly at him as she appears before him in a soft mist forming into her cheetah form.

"So Dak, you really don't like the things you cant smell. Makes you nervous doesn't it?" she says to him in a lightly cynical tone.

"Anya, Why are you here?" He sighs looking at her.

She looks at him and chooses her words carefully, "Your brother sent me with a message for you. Being that he isn't allowed here he thought it best that I came to deliver it to you"

He looks at her with an aggravated stare. "Well then get on with it will you? I have things to tend to as I'm sure you do too."

Rolling her eyes at him she proceeds " Your brother has insisted that you leave here as soon as possible. He feels that you may be in danger. Thought I'm not certain why he would think that but it is what he says"

He runs his hand threw his long hair then tries to connect mentally with Mato.

"Brother is this really necessary? Why did u have to send her you could have told me yourself remember?"

Mato feels his brother pushing into his mind an hears his voice clearly and he responds simply.

"Dak just leave as soon as you can. You know my feelings are seldom wrong. I wish for you to heed the warning and leave."

Dak sighs breaking his connection and returns his attention to Anya.

"The Alpha will not take too kindly to finding me gone. Hes ready to have my head on a platter as it is."

She scowls at him as she speaks. "Damn it Dakota, look I'm not here to reason with you only to bring u the message an convince you to get the hell out of here. Don't you have some where else you would rather be at this point? Someone who keeps your mind wandering?"

He looks at her with a bewildered look in his eyes,

"Whoa! How in the hell do you know about that? Wait... just wait. I don't even wanna know."

He walks over to his desk picking up his leather coat an bike keys, shakes his head then says, "OK I'll leave, at this point I could give a shit less of the reason. Good enough excuse for me for a nice long ride."

With that he jumps off the balcony in a single leap. He lands silently on the ground below right where his bike stays parked. He jumps on an starts in with a single kick. Revving it up as he slides on his shades he takes off for no where in particular.

Anya watches him leave waiting a bit before she makes her move. She moves silently threw the compound. She has been here countless times and knows the place like the back of her hand. She knows where everything is placed from the guards to the paintings. She slips into the Alphas chambers where he is enjoying his usual night cap of a rich glass of brandy and a Cuban cigar. He paces slowly around his master den. He looks up in Anya's direction when he feels eyes on him then shakes it off as nothing. He begins mumbling something to himself about the days events and his plan to get rid of his "bastard son" Anya sits silently perched high in the rafters as a little sparrow while she watches the very large Alpha wind down.

She sits there for what seems like forever watching him, waiting for her moment to strike. Soon the old wolf begins to tire an sits himself in his oversized chair perched front of the warm fire. As he sets his glass down on the table beside him, she shifts effortlessly into a lethal spider and settles right next to his glass waiting for that right moment. In no time she can hear his breathing settle into a long slow rhythm and hear his heartbeat slow with it. She shifts once more into her human form as she raises her mage's dagger high above her head for the killing strike. She waits two more heartbeats before plunging it deep into the very organ that gives him life. Having hit her mark flawlessly his eyes fly open as she twists deep within the cavity of his heart ripping it to shreds. Pulling it slowly from the Alphas chest she wipes it clean on his robe before sheathing it.

Looking him dead in his darkening eyes she chides to him, "Now, Alpha Silver Cloud. We are even."

With that she vanishes into thin air leaving no trace of her presence

---------------------------

The bike races down the darkened road at unimaginable speeds. Taking curves without wavering as its rider speeds swiftly to no where in particular. Hours pass before the machine is brought to a halt in some tiny little no name town. Turning off the engine as he kills the lights, Dak shoves the keys into his pocket as he walks up to the entrance of a local motel.

12