I Promised Mom

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,104 Followers

"Um, okay. I guess I'll go."

I watched him go, and even though he wasn't a dog I was sure I saw a tail tucked between his legs. I closed the door.

It was starting to get chilly outside so I built a fire in the fireplace and took a few minutes to relieve myself in the restroom. By the time I got back Trina had found a couple blankets and laid them in front of the fire. I stood there watching her as she made herself comfortable, then brought her eyes to mine and smiled. The gesture with her head communicated to me clearly to come join her.

I lay down on my back and Trina, to my surprise, cuddled up against me with her head resting on my chest. She was on her right side, her back to the fire, with her left arm draped across by abdomen.

We relaxed there and just chatted about this and that, but nothing too serious. I guess we had already gotten all of the heavy stuff out of the way.

It felt really nice having her there. I hadn't been with anyone like this since Gwen had gone, and in fact one of the last things we did before she became too sick to move out of her hospital bed was to cuddle in the living room watching some of her favorite movies. I could feel the tears start to well in my eyes, and part of me felt like I was doing something wrong.

It had been probably another 90 minutes when another knock came on the door. Trina sighed deeply, knowing it was probably old Tommy again, and got up to open the door. I was actually a little relieved because my feelings were starting to get the better of me and I appreciated the break.

"What now, Tommy?" Trina asked as she opened the door.

Sure enough, a very meek Tommy stood on the other side of the door, and actually stepped back a bit at hearing Trina's words. He glanced between Trina and me as he spoke.

"We're just...we're getting ready to bed down for the night."

"So?"

"Are you...coming back?"

"No, I'm gonna crash over here tonight."

I thought to myself: She is?

Tommy looked like he had something else he wanted to say. It was obvious he was not happy at missing his time with Trina. I guess maybe Ben wasn't looking to share Laura this time around, or maybe Tommy was more into Trina than she thought.

"Oh, okay. If you're sure..."

"I am. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

She started closing the door, which signaled to Tommy that the conversation was over, and I saw his form pass by the window on his way back to cabin 2. I looked back at Trina and gave her a questioning look.

"Shit, I guess I should have asked you if that was okay. Is...that okay?"

I was conflicted. I was really enjoying Trina's company, and she was very beautiful, but I also had Gwen on my mind. Was I ready for...whatever was about to happen. I decided to play it safe.

"Sure Trina. This cabin is bigger than the one your friends are in and has 2 bedrooms. Which one would you like?"

She averted her eyes briefly.

"I was thinking I'd like...whichever room you're in."

Her eyes came back to mine to gauge my reaction.

"Trina...look...I..."

"Henry, I'm not suggesting we have sex. I just want to sleep next to you, to have someone in bed with me. If I was going to sleep alone I could just go back to the other cabin."

"Okay, Trina. I think that would be okay. I was kind of hoping our evening would continue anyway."

Her smile lit up her face and we moved toward the bedroom to being getting ready for sleep. She took one of my t-shirts to use to sleep in and excused herself to the restroom to take a shower and change for bed.

When she emerged she had her long black hair pulled back in a ponytail and the shirt was long enough that I had no visual evidence that she wore anything underneath it, though I noticed that the string for her bikini top was gone. As if reading my mind she lifted the shirt up just a bit to reveal a pair of panties wrapped around her right hip.

"Normally I go without but given the circumstances I thought a little modesty was the way to go."

I could just smile and head into the bathroom to go about my own bedtime preparations. That little display had shifted a lot of blood into a particular lower extremity and I suspect she knew that.

I pulled one off in the shower, something I had only done a handful of times (put not intended but happily done) since Gwen had died. It sometimes seemed that my sex drive had died with her. I had been on just a few dates and had not met one I was interested in that way, so I had been with no one since my last time with Gwen.

I typically slept in just a pair of running shorts and saw no reason to change that now. I walked into the bedroom to find Trina relaxing in the center of the bed.

"You can't take your half of the bed out of the middle, Trina."

"I just wasn't sure which side you preferred, silly."

I climbed on to the left side of the bed and she scooted the other way. Once I got settled she put her head back on to my chest just like she had when we were by the fire, and her left hand was rubbing my stomach rather than just resting across my body. She was not snug up against me but I could still feel her breasts against my rib cage.

Things were stirring and I hoped she wasn't aware of it. She smelled so good and felt so soft. I couldn't for the life of me understand what she was doing here. I was 11 years older than her and had a kid while she was just at the beginning of her life. I decided it was probably just a weekend diversion for her; something different to do rather than spending another weekend rotating among Tommy, Ben, and Alan. That made the most sense.

I could hear Trina's starting to get drowsy as we talked a bit more before she finally drifted off to sleep. That left me lying on my back and I am not a back-sleeper. I was finally able to maneuver her over to her side of the bed then flipped on to my side and drifted off to sleep.

<><><><><>

I wasn't surprised to wake up spooning with Trina. Most mornings found Gwen and I having gravitated to each other in the night and our bodies entangled in one way or the other, though this was the first time I had shared a bed with a woman since then.

Nor was I surprised that I was sporting an impressive erection considering I was wedged pretty firmly between Trina's ass cheeks. What did surprise me is that my right hand was rather firmly grasping Trina's perky right breast (though separated by the t-shirt I had lent her), and furthermore her hand was on top of mine holding it there while she gently rocked her hips to give my cock a bit of a rubdown.

I tried to hide the fact that I was awake for two reasons. One, I admit I was really enjoying what she was doing, and I was also curious how she'd react when I let her know I was, in fact, awake.

So I kept my breathing steady for about 5 minutes and enjoyed the pleasure she was giving me, and then slowly started to stir. Suddenly her hips stopped moving and my hand was quickly lowered to her belly. Interesting.

"Good morning, Trina. Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept very well, Henry. Like the proverbial log."

She rolled over to face me, her deep brown eyes locking into mine and her left hand finding my right one.

"When are you and your friends leaving?"

"We were planning to spend some more time down on the beach and then leave mid-afternoon. I thought I'd make us some breakfast and then probably catch up to them."

"That sounds good. After you leave that'll leave me a few more hours to check the outer edges of my property."

"Did you build these cabins?"

"No, I inherited them from my grandparents when they passed. My parents weren't interested in it so I got the choice to keep it operational or we'd sell it and split the proceeds. I hired a couple to run it during the summer and it works out great for everyone."

"Have you known the couple long?"

"Many years, and I trust them completely."

"How'd you meet them?"

"I was invited to dinner while I was courting their daughter. It's Gwen's parents."

"It's nice that you still have a relationship with them. Does your daughter come up to see them?"

"Several times during the summer; they were always close."

We climbed out of bed and she headed straight for the kitchen to start cooking while I changed the linens on the bed and cleaned up a bit.

All too early for my taste it was time for her to go. I thought about getting her number but thought a clean break was best. I remained convinced this had just been a weekend diversion from her regular life and she wasn't interested in an old widower with a teenager.

With my blessing she kept the t-shirt I had loaned her and she gave me a long hug. As she walked back toward cabin 2 she looked back at me a few times, and her expression was one I had trouble reading.

I had really come alive during my time with Trina. While I knew there was no way a beautiful 24-year old woman would be interested in me, I did find that I was becoming capable of feeling something for women again, something that had eluded me over the last 2 years.

I did my best to put it behind me, thankful that Trina had awoken things inside me and thinking I might actually be ready to start moving forward.

By the time I got back from the far end of the property I saw that cabin 2 was empty. Trina and her friends had gone. I actually walked down to the beach to see if they were still there but didn't see them. I found myself very sad all of a sudden knowing she was gone. I really missed her.

I loaded up my truck and headed home after securing the property. I found myself unable to get her out of my mind and was getting sadder and sadder as I got closer and closer to home. But I was still so in love with Gwen I still felt like I was somehow betraying her memory. I had pledged my love and devotion to her forever, until death do us part, and I was still alive.

I finally got home and unloaded my truck. I heated a can of soup for dinner and realized I was completely exhausted, though more emotionally than anything. Haley was staying with her friends until tomorrow morning and they would take her straight to school. I took a quick shower and then crashed.

I woke the next morning to my phone ringing and it was my pal, Michael; he's the guy that's been running the business as I've gotten back on my feet.

"Hello," I mumbled.

"What's up, lazy butt? Are you coming to work today?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in about an hour. Is there a problem?"

"Nope. I'm just getting the lay of the land. See you when you get here."

<><><><><>

The next couple days I couldn't focus on anything. I couldn't stop thinking about Trina. I missed her terribly and wanted to see her again. Even Haley noticed it, and she first thought I was depressed about Gwen, having just come back from the cabins, but as my mood dragged on she sat me down and I poured it all out to her. And just like her mother she was able to get right to the root of the problem.

"You have to find her, dad. Either she feels the same or she doesn't, but you have to know or you can't move on."

Three weeks later I was no closer to getting in touch with her. The only things I had were her name (and that was probably a nickname and a shortened version of her full name) and the driver's licenses of her friends and nothing had panned out. I had finally resolved that it was over and told myself I needed to get out from under and get busy living.

I tried to convince myself it wouldn't work anyway. She was young and vibrant and I was...not. I tried to convince myself I was better off having not found her. Hey, I said I tried; I never said I was successful.

And so this where things stood one bright Saturday afternoon as I was cleaning up the house. Haley was due back shortly from one of her Girl Scout meetings and then we were going to get some dinner and catch a movie.

When the doorbell rang my first thought was that Haley had forgotten her key and I started to make a smart aleck comment as I opened the door, but was caught up short when I realized it was Trina on the other side of the door.

"Trina! My God..."

"Are you happy to see me, Henry?"

"You have no idea..."

I pushed open the screen door and she came inside. I wrapped her in my arms and didn't want to let go, thinking I might lose her again, but eventually I released her.

"Trina, what are you doing here? How'd you find me?"

"I stole a trick from your playbook."

"Huh?"

"That night I spent with you I woke up in the middle of the night and I took a picture of your license."

Movement outside the window caught my eye and I noticed Haley's troop leader dropping her off.

"Why'd you do that?"

I wanted to hear her say it out loud, but Haley came barging in before she got a chance to answer. She stopped in her tracks and looked at me, then Trina, then back to me. Her face clouded with emotion, though which one I couldn't decipher. When she spoke her voice cracked just a bit.

"Is this her, dad?" To Trina: "Are you her?"

"Am I who, sweetie?"

"Are you...the woman he's been going crazy about the last 3 weeks? Are you Trina?"

I big smile crossed Trina's face as she nodded, saying, "Yes, I am."

Haley looked over at me, then back at Trina.

"He's been looking for you."

This train was starting to roll a little fast, and I made an effort, however small, to derail it. I was not successful.

"Haley..."

My daughter turned to me, her eyes moist and emotion clouding her entire expression.

"I have to, daddy. I know you don't like me to talk about your business but I have to. I promised mom."

That caught me by surprise. What about me had she promised mom and how could Trina be involved? I walked over to where she stood, tears now streaking down her cheeks, and took her hands in mine.

"What are you talking about, sweetheart?"

Haley took a deep breath to compose herself and gather her thoughts.

"Before mom died we talked a lot. She made me promise that if you ever met someone I needed to help you. Daddy, she knew how much you loved her. She told me all the time, and she knew you'd need someone to give all that love to when she was gone but that you wouldn't want to. I promised that when you met someone that I'd do everything I could to help you be happy, and that I wouldn't stand in the way. So I have to tell her, daddy. I have to tell her how much you loved mom and how you tried to find her. I have to keep my promise, daddy!"

We were now both openly crying hard and I pulled her into about the tightest hug I could manage. What an amazing daughter I had somehow managed to not screw up.

"You're right, baby. You need to keep your promise."

We both turned to look at Trina, and of course she was crying her eyes out as well. We came together in a group hug until we could all finally bring the emotion under control, then Trina and Haley sat down on the couch while I took a chair across the room.

"When he got home from the cabins that weekend he was really depressed. I figured he was thinking of mom and how they used to go up there. But these days he usually gets over that in a day but by Wednesday he was still upset so I knew there was more to it. I made him sit down and I badgered him until he told me what happened."

"Did I do something to upset him?"

"No, he just started having feelings for you, but he didn't realize how strong they were until you were gone and he was driving home. Plus he still felt like he was cheating on mom. And the fact was that he didn't think you'd have any interest in him because he's so much older than you. He thought you just needed a break from your friends. Was that true?"

"No, Haley it wasn't. I mean, at first maybe it was, but when he walked into the cabin the first time I was really struck by him. He was handsome and rugged and confident, things none of the guys I hung out with were. So I thought it would be interesting to talk to him. But as we talked I really found myself falling for him."

Trina's eyes met mine as she said that and we both smiled at the same time.

"I told him he needed to find out for sure and he needed to find you but he hasn't been able to."

She looked right at me with a confused look on her face.

"You had the pictures of the driver's licenses. You could have contacted the guys."

"I did."

"Show her the letter, daddy."

I went over to my desk and pulled out a file folder where I had been keeping everything related to my search for her. I handed her a letter, explaining the background as I did so.

"I sent an identical letter to all of the guys. Basically I reminded them who I was and that I was trying to get in touch with you because we had a connection that night and I had neglected to get any of your contact information. This is the letter I got back. You'll notice all 4 of them signed it."

Henry,

We received your letters. Trina has told us she has no interest in further contact with you. She says you're too old and not very good looking. We would appreciate it if you wouldn't contact us again.

"Those assholes! I've spent the last 3 weeks telling them how much I had liked you and wanted to see you again, and they've been trying to convince me you couldn't possibly be interested. I would have shown up here even sooner if not for them. Finally Joanna and Bree convinced me to come, if only to hear it from you personally that you weren't interested."

She handed me back the letter and I put the file back in my desk as I continued explaining.

"From the guy's addresses I knew roughly where you lived so I had some friends of mine do searches on Trina and Katrina hoping to find you, but since I didn't have your last name it was a guessing game. I called everyone on the list they came up with and none of them was you."

"Oh Henry, I'm sorry. My full first name is Ekaterina. My great-grandparents came over from Romania. The letters T-R-I-N-A aren't in order in my name. That's why you couldn't find me."

"Trina," my daughter interrupted, "are you in love with my daddy?"

Trina looked at Haley, then at me, then back at Haley.

"You know what, sweetie; I think I just might be. I think we need to spend more time together to be sure. What do you think, Henry?"

"I think this is the start of something special, that's what I think."

"You should invite her to have dinner and go to the movie with us, daddy."

I did, and she did.

<><><><><>

Trina actually lived about 45 minutes away from me when we first got together. We got together every weekend and a couple nights a week.

She stopped seeing the guys in her old gang because they had purposely tried to derail her happiness. After our weekend at the cabin she had actually stopped doing anything intimate with them (or so she says, and I choose to believe her). It seems she wanted to save herself for me. I liked that.

She was still good friends with the girls in her group, and the old habit the 8 of them had of spending weekends together, and rotating partners, ended as well.

A month later, Trina joined me in making the trip up to the cabins to check on the property. We didn't find any trespassers this time around and had a very romantic evening in 'our cabin'. That was the first time we made love and it was as amazing as I expected it to be. Her perky breasts were nice and firm and her pussy was smoothly shaved.

After the first time I got very emotional. I still couldn't shake the thought that I was somehow betraying Gwen, and I finally realized what needed to be done.

I took a walk into the woods that surround my land and spoke out loud to my Gwen. I told her how much I loved her and missed her, and that I needed her and wished she was here. Then I explained that as much as I wanted her there it simply wasn't possible, and I needed her permission to move on. I told her about Trina and about how Haley had kept her final promise. Maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe it wasn't, but on a heavily overcast day the sun chose that moment to peek out from behind the clouds. It was just for a few seconds, but I felt Gwen's light shine down on me and I knew in my heart that she was happy that I was happy.

BigGuy33
BigGuy33
3,104 Followers