I Won't Stand For It

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Claire had her own bank account and credit card so there was no need to do anything there it was access to our joint account that was of concern but I plugged that loophole quickly so if it came to it she couldn't get any more than what was left. My own account was secure and only had a smallish balance the rest was shifted out and safe. We had no children so essentially it would be a straightforward split should it come to that.

I had decided in my own mind that we could only get over this if Claire were to confess her sins so to speak and seek forgiveness, any kind of reticence there and we were done. That thought made me feel sad. I sat at my desk in silence as I mulled over what had transpired and the actions I had taken so far today. I needed more information on the Bob character and evidence? Or would the fact that I knew about it be enough to really fuck the two of them over?

The phone rang breaking my reverie.

"Yes!"

"It's me Sammi, how are you Steve?"

"Oh you know busy with stuff, thoughts, plans all of that and more, basically confused as to why but I have started things moving."

"I found out more about this guy from my girlfriend, his name is Bob Stones, he is married I have his address and where he works too. I managed to get it without letting on what was happening, my friend knows Claire and has seen her with him recently. From what she says they are getting real hot with each other as much as they try to hide it the signs are there she says."

"Has she seen them together?"

"Yes they were at the Ramada the other evening after the seminar, they stayed on after everyone else left. She said they looked cosy with each other."

"Well at least that's a start, I am sure they have CCTV there if needed, anyway give me his details I need to get on with this it is chewing me up inside I don't know how long I can keep it in."

Sammi passed over his details, within a few minutes I had found his social media page and had a photo of him. That's when I thought I remembered his face, it was familiar but where and when did I see that face before?

I looked at the clock, it was almost lunchtime, and I decided to give Claire a call to maybe meet up or just to stir the pot some. My heart was cold as I made the call, the knot in my stomach seemed to swell fit to burst as I heard her answer.

"Hi honey." She cooed recognising my number.

"Hello babe, what are you doing for lunch I thought we could meet up if you are free?"

"Oh sorry Honey I have a meeting scheduled in 30 minutes that will go on through the afternoon I was going to grab something quick from the deli next door."

"That's OK, what's the meeting about anything exciting?"

"Same old routine stuff with a new client is all, a Mr Stones I think it is."

Her words cut through me like a knife, the bitch she was almost rubbing it in my face by telling me who it was! I held my breath for s few seconds while I tried to keep it together.

"Honey? Are you there?" her voice sang through the earpiece.

Yes I am here you fucking bitch, strike 3! You and Mr Fucking Stones will be getting yours real soon now, no fucking reprieve, and no mercy total scorched earth!!

"Er yes love I am here sorry was distracted by something I just thought of. Look I have to go and I know you need to get yourself ready for your meeting too, so have fun and I will see you later."

"OK, bye, love you."

"Bye."

I put the phone down, I was seething I sat grinding my teeth when my secretary popped her head round the door.

"Steve, I am going to that deli down the street do you want me to get you something?"

I thought for a moment.

"Yes get me anything , surprise me as long as it is big, hearty and has lots of red meat inside I feel in the mood for something to get my teeth into."

She looked at me strangely and nodded. As she closed the door she thought her boss was acting a little strangely, he had been closeted all morning, business like yes but there was also something else, there was something brewing she just knew it.

Sammi called by her sister's office as she strode into the foyer she saw her sister step out of the elevator and walking towards the front door alongside a tall dark haired man. He looked to be about 30 so a couple of years older. She recognised him after seeing his photo online, Bob Stones! She stepped in front of her sister who jumped in surprise seeing her.

"Sammi! What are you doing here?"

Sammi looked at her sister seeing her discomfort at her obvious plans being interrupted.

"Just thought I would drop in and see my sister and maybe go for lunch." She smiled innocently.

"Well me and Mr Stones here are having a business lunch so maybe another time?"

He held out his hand.

"Bob Stones, nice to meet you."

"Pleased to meet you Mr Stones have you known Claire long?"

He looked a little flummoxed at her question, Claire started to pull him away.

"Look Sammi, we have to go we have a meeting, catch up soon."

Sammi smiled as she watched the couple go out the door and into a waiting cab, she caught her sister looking back at her as it pulled away.

I sat in my office chewing my way through a huge sub, it was filled with red meat, and I smiled to myself as I gnawed at it slowly savouring it as I thought of my next steps. Sammi had confirmed that Claire had left her office so I had called her secretary and found that she was going to out all afternoon.

Well isn't that just fucking great!

Everything was set as far as my finances were concerned, I had a locksmith on speed dial and had agreed what was required in advance. My solicitor was primed and ready to fire as soon as I gave him the rest of the information he had asked for.

Okay, tonight was going to be the first stage. I was going to really fuck with the pair of them for a little while before I pulled the trigger.

My old man always told me "don't let them know you are coming for them, just take route one, be direct and fucking annihilate the bastards!" a man of few if not direct words. Maybe that was something I had forgotten recently but it was coming, fuck me, it was on its way.

That evening I was home when Claire came through the door, she looked fine, nothing out of place, smelt normal too until I went to kiss her. It was unmistakable, a man's cologne faint but still there. She saw me look at her, I said nothing, gave her a light kiss on the cheek and headed for the door.

"Where are you off to? Are you OK?"

"Yes I am fine, I have a problem I need to deal with is all, just popping round to Gerry's he invited me over for poker with a couple of the guys from work I thought it would do me good. Won't be too late."

With that I closed the door behind me and grinding my teeth I got in my car and slipped down the driveway. I drove to Gerry's, pulling up outside his place he ushered me through the door and into his garage. Gerry and me go way back, he has always sailed close to the wind, had his issues with the police in the past but given his particular brand of combat training he was the ideal friend for what I had in mind. You don't fuck about with a cage fighter!

Gerry was a big guy, he was 6'3" and 200lbs all muscle, not the sort of guy to mess with believe me. With a temper to match his size he was formidable yet we had been firm friends since school. I had called Gerry earlier and he had offered his help in any way no questions asked no matter what. I needed that sort of support.

We quickly slipped through into the garage and I changed my clothes into a pair of dark overalls with a matching ski mask, we looked like two mime artists stood looking at each other. No words were said as we got into a non-descript second hand car he had got hold of, nothing remarkable or noticeable about it. Cruising slowly across town to the address Sammi had given me still no words passed between us, we had agreed the format before so there was no need to say anything else.

Gerry stopped the car outside Bob Stones' home, there was no sign of life with just the one light on that we could see. We waited in silence, as the front door opened we saw him step out, he got in his car and eased down the road, Gerry followed at a safe distance, we already knew where he was going so there was no rush or panic.

Parking at the driving range was no problem, we stayed in the car as Bob Stones went for his customary 50 ball bucket , it was something he did every week apparently, amazing what you can find out online if you know where to look.

We settled back, the radio was on and Kenny Rogers was crooning quietly, Gerry looked at me as the words fell from the radio. He reached out and turned it off. We sat watching and waiting, the tension inside me was almost unbearable, it was difficult to keep still and not step out and walk around but that was risky.

The car park started to empty until only a couple of other cars were left, we both tensed as we saw him making his way to his car. Gerry got out and stealthily made his way towards the target. Bob Stones was still reliving the last shot of his practice when he lifted the lid of his boot, as he laid his clubs inside Gerry lifted and shoved him into the boot along with his clubs. One well aimed punch to the jaw was all it took to silence him, the cage fighter in Gerry took over and for the next 30 seconds Bob Stones had some severe pain inflicted on him in the confines of the boot of his own car. Satisfied he had used the human punch bag just enough Gerry switched his attention to Mr Stones' groin, several visits of Gerry's fist soon had him squealing before he passed out. He slammed the lid down and quickly got back to the car where I drove us out of the car park quietly with no fuss.

"That went very well." Gerry mused as he pulled off his gloves and mask.

"Thanks Gerry I really appreciate that."

"Don't worry pal, anytime, I still owe you and could never repay you for what you did for me."

"Well that's what friends are for, at least your hands aren't banged up and there was no CCTV on the car park so jobs a goodun as they say."

"Let's get back and start that card game, the others will be there by now."

We drove back and for the next four hours we played poker, for fun, no high stakes we were mates and mates don't rip each other off.

The atmosphere was good, the guys all knew what was going on and were behind me all the way, that alone made me feel good about what I knew I had to do with Claire real soon too. But first I was going to mess with her head.

I stumbled through the door just after 1am, I exaggerated the amount I had to drink and Gerry had got one of the guys to drop my car off. Claire was up waiting.

Time for an Oscar winning performance I thought.

"Honey? Why are you up? I told you I would be a little late, are you OK?"

She looked at me closely.

"Gerry and the guys just dropped me off in my car, afraid I hit the JD a little hard again."

I threw my jacket at the coat pegs and missed miserably, slumping in to the sofa I looked at her.

Claire sat her arms crossed with a look of disgust on her face, I stared goggle eyed at her my expression blank.

"What?"

She just tutted, she was bursting to say something.

Come on bitch out with it.

"What is going on Steve, is there someone else or something? You are acting really weird lately."

I laughed, I could feel my anger brewing and bubbling inside me, I swallowed it back down.

All in good time Steve, take a chill pill.

"I am fine my petal, have been having a rough time recently is all, will be all over soon."

Claire looked at me, my words playing on her mind I could see it, she wasn't sure but there was definitely something.

We went up to bed ,I made a thing of collapsing and dropping apparently off to sleep almost immediately, that pissed her off, she was up for the full on row but I wasn't playing .

Next morning Claire was up first and brewing coffee, I rumbled down the stairs acting obnoxious and as if I had a hangover. I bounced into the kitchen.

"Morning lover, how are you, my oh my I have a head on me again, got anything I can take for it?"

She tossed some headache remedy at me as I sipped my coffee, she seemed quiet. I saw her phone on the kitchen table and wondered if she had been called by anyone. Claire saw me looking at her phone, I could tell she wanted to reach for it but it would have seemed odd. I poured some more orange juice and casually picked it up, I saw a look of panic flash across her face.

So she had gotten a message somehow.

I just looked at it quickly before sliding it across to her.

"Needs charging love, don't want a flat battery to stop any messages getting through."

I walked out of the kitchen and went to get dressed. Claire looked after me like she knew something was going on and Bob hadn't text her this morning like he had been doing for the past couple of weeks. He couldn't know could he? She dismissed the thought, no chance she had been so careful and it had only been going on a few weeks, it was a few lunches, dinner too three times and of course the hotel, that was three times as well. It was nothing much really she thought just some harmless fun and Steve would never know, he wasn't going without was he? That suddenly made her think. When was the last time she had sex with her husband? Oh my! She couldn't remember! Maybe that was it! She needed to do something about that and fast, she had been so wrapped up with Bob that she had missed what was in front of her and the one sure thing that would make Steve suspicious.

I bowled down the stairs and almost flew out the door as Claire tried in vain to grab me for a deeper kiss than normal.

I was not having any of that bitch.

I waved and smiled as I pulled out of the drive and cruised to work. Around 11am I thought I would send Claire a text just for fun.

Sorry about today lover a lot on my mind but will soon be resolved, love you xxxx

I settled back waiting for something to happen. Just after lunch Sammi called in to see me.

"Steve, what the fuck happened?"

"What are you on about Sammi?"

"Bob Stones was found in the trunk of his car battered by one of the golf club employees earlier today. Claire told me about it, she is in bits over it, she is really rattled. I told her that these things sometimes happen nowadays and it is awful when it is someone we know but not to read too much into it. You did it didn't you?"

"Oh my! Was he badly hurt? I can't say I care too much either way but no I didn't lay a finger on him."

"Well he is just beat up a bit, a few cuts and bruises I hear but nothing broken it seems."

"Did you ask how she found out?"

"Yes, she said she had a meeting arranged with him today and his company called saying he was in hospital, his wife had rung them."

"That's very cute, plausible too but cute, maybe next time it won't be so easy for them all."

"What do you mean Steve?"

"Accidents happen in the strangest places."

That night when I got home, Claire wasn't indoors, her car was gone, no message.

Fucking bitch.

I called her phone.

"Where are you love?" I asked cheerily.

"Oh I am at the hospital visiting a friend, won't be long just on my way now."

"OK well I hope she is on the mend, anyway see you soon lover, love you, bye."

I clicked the phone off before she could reply.

Thirty minutes later she arrived home her face looked grey and haggard.

"How is your friend? I hope it's nothing too serious and she will be out of there soon."

Claire looked at me as if she wanted to say something but thought better of it.

"Oh yes it's nothing too dramatic, she just fell and ended up with some nasty bruising, will be home in a few days."

"That's good. Coffee?"

"Yes thanks."

Claire looked at me as she sipped her coffee.

"One of my company's reps was assaulted the other night." She left the statement hanging looking for a reaction.

"Oh my really, what happened?"

"He was beaten and left in his car overnight."

"Oh dear, that's terrible, I hope the police catch whoever did that, is he OK?"

"Yes he is thankfully, Bob wasn't hurt too badly, just seems like they wanted to beat him up for no reason, nothing was stolen or anything."

Strike 4! That's the Bob you said you didn't know about bitch.

She saw me looking at her and knew she had slipped up, she covered it but she knew it was too late, she also knew now that I knew too. Hastily she made an exit to get changed. I suspected that she would be on the phone any second now but who to?

I decided that I needed to review my plan as things were moving faster now, I needed to move things along a bit.

I called up the stairs to Claire and told her I needed to go out for a little while, not to worry I won't be long.

I drove to Bob Stones' home address and knocked at the door. The door opened and a petite dark haired woman stood in front of me.

"Mrs Stones? You don't know me, but I have something to tell you that is rather delicate in nature, may I come in for a moment?"

She looked at me nervous but intrigued at the same time cautious.

"My name is Steve Ryland, my wife is Claire Ryland, and she has dealings with your husband." I stopped there as she got a look on her face that emitted realisation and dread at the same time. She stood away from the door and ushered me inside to the lounge.

"I take it this has something to do with the two of them?"

I could see the pain building in her eyes already.

"Yes, I am afraid it has, they have been having an affair, I found out a few days ago, I am sorry to have to break this to you. I also know he is currently in hospital."

She seemed to fold inwardly, her head sank to her chest, and tears flowed easily for a few seconds.

"I knew it! I fucking knew he was at it again!" She spat.

"I am going to divorce Claire, she has had enough chances to come clean, and I can't take her lies anymore. I am not too sure how long it has been going on but I am satisfied she has betrayed me and that I cannot forgive or forget."

"Does this have anything to do with the beating he took the other night?"

I looked at her imploring eyes, I quickly decided my course of action.

"I don't know about that I didn't lay a finger on him, this has happened so fast for me I am still in shock myself. Whoever did it is OK with me, sorry but that's how I feel. Could he have been playing around with another's wife too?"

"Nothing surprises me, well he can keep his sorry arse the other side of my front door I have had enough of this, that is the reason we moved back here because he was fooling around."

I left her still spitting fire after giving her my locksmith's number and my solicitor too, dear oh dear what a mess, lol.

I jumped in my car and headed for the hospital which was only a ten minute drive, I made it in less. I walked through the entrance hall almost smiling as if a layer of stress had started to shift from me. I squeezed into the elevator to the 4th floor ward where one Mr Bob Stones was being cared for.

I checked the patient board and found him in a side room, slipping past the unmanned nurses station unnoticed I entered his room and eased the door closed behind me. As I walked in he looked at me questioningly. I approached his bed looking at his face bandaged, one eye covered the other bloodshot peering at me trying to focus.

Gerry did a real good job I thought as I looked him over.

"You look as if you don't recognise me Bob? Think a little I will give you time." I smiled at him as he eyed me comically.

I sat at the side of his bed as he peered at me through the bandages on his face, I could only see the one very black and swollen eye, it sounded like there was a problem with his jaw too, never mind. I looked at the raised bedclothes keeping the weight of his nether regions.