If It's Got To Rain, Let It...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
p_p_man
p_p_man
36 Followers

"How?"

Graham began to look shamefaced. "Well you see he works for me. I own the hotel."

Sandra was stunned. Then the funny side of the situation suddenly hit her. "You…you…" words failed her so she threw the pillow at him instead. He ducked. The pillow missed and they spent the night making up…

The sudden gust of rain against the glass brought her back to the present. If anything the weather had worsened. She sighed and peered through the window trying in vain to see Ted. She should have told him earlier but she lacked the courage. He had never hit her but she felt that it wouldn't take much nowadays to send him over the edge. He needed help. But it wasn't something she could provide. She would let him keep the house, after all it was their family home and it would give him something concrete to cling onto. But she knew in her heart that at the first opportunity he would sell it and spend the money.

She looked behind her at the pathetically small suitcase and shoulder bag lying on the floor. Not much to show for twenty-eight years of life but on the other hand it was enough to start a new one with. Graham had sent the ticket a few days before and although she didn't know what the future would bring she knew that it could only be better than her past. Ted had always been a weak person. She had always been the one to keep things running, to hold things together. Even when mum died and they had moved here into the house she was the one who worried about the bills. Now she was tired of it all. He would have to fend for himself.

The slamming of a car door drew her attention to the outside. A taxi had driven up and Ted was getting out, fumbling for some money to pay the driver. He dropped loose coins on the ground and tried in vain to pick them up. Instead he gave the driver a note. She watched as he pushed open the gate, head bowed against the weather and slowly stagger up to the front door. 'Well', she thought, 'there's no backing out now.' She heard the key fumbling in the front door then the sudden crash as it was pushed open too violently, slamming against the wall. As she heard his heavy footsteps come slowly to the door of the room she suddenly felt very calm. She knew that the time had come. She felt no guilt, no contrition.

Then as the door opened she turned to face her brother.

p_p_man
p_p_man
36 Followers
12