In a Class of His Own Ch. 11

Story Info
Will he ever learn?
5.5k words
4.81
30k
23

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/08/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,252 Followers

I was thrilled to have a girlfriend again - a real, live girlfriend, who lived in the same town and who could go out in public with me. Danuta had a healthy appetite for sex, and was ready and willing whenever I was. To be frank, that was pretty much all of the time.

She was quite proud of her tight little ass and shapely legs, and loved being bent over the table, or my dining room table - pretty much any piece of furniture, and fucked from behind.

I loved her slender body, her responsive nipples, and her absolutely beautiful face. We went to see the movie 'Dangerous Liaisons', which I really enjoyed. I was struck by the resemblance - physical and facial - between Danuta and the young actress Uma Thurman.

January flew by, and we spent a wonderful Valentine's Day together. It was more reminiscent of my time with Chantal than the day with Anna, only a year ago.

Danuta was the receptionist for a local company. She never had to take work home, and was free virtually anytime I wanted to see her.

I wrote to Nina, and told her that I was seeing someone. No, it wasn't a simple case of trying to be even with her. I missed Nina. But I was genuinely pleased for her, that she had found someone. I wanted her to be happy - especially because I finally understood that we weren't going to be together.

Nina answered - she was pleased for me, too. She asked if I wanted to take Danuta to Steve and Kim's wedding, instead of her - and assured me that she wouldn't mind.

By the beginning of March, though, I was having my doubts. There were problems associated with dating Danuta.

For one thing, the soap opera at school got worse. Much worse. Several of the teachers had been at Antonia's wedding, and had seen me leave with Danuta. Anna and Suzanne ramped up the hostility - as if I had deliberately insulted them by taking up with someone else, right in front of them.

I have no idea what Suzanne was on about - we were back to not speaking. Anna might have had a grievance, but I think she just really liked being aggrieved. Those two made the atmosphere at work toxic for me.

It was too bad, really, because I had a very nice class. Liz's youngest daughter, Claudia, was a sweetheart. And the hard work I had put in over the past two years was paying off. The students were expecting to enjoy my class, and their positive attitudes helped to ensure that they did.

Unfortunately, the majority of my colleagues sided with Anna and Suzanne. Bad enough for me, but they took it out on Antonia, too. For one thing, she continued to support me. For another, Danuta was Martin's cousin.

Those issues were annoying. But I was also having trouble with Danuta.

She didn't talk to me.

I mean that literally. She never initiated a conversation - not once. If I started talking, Danuta would listen attentively, and nod, or smile. She might say 'Oh', and occasionally she asked 'Why?', or 'What happened then?'

If I asked her a direct question, she would answer - in the fewest words possible. If I asked her an open-ended question, she would shake her head, or say 'I don't know'.

She liked music, but didn't have a favourite type. She couldn't name any bands or artists, but if I said "Do you like ...?", she would answer with a yes or no - or 'I don't know'. It was frustrating, beyond annoying.

I made her breakfast, the morning after she had stayed over. We had had sex twice - very good sex. But the silence as we ate was awkward. I caressed her cheek, and she leaned into my hand. But when I asked her what she wanted to do that day - it was Saturday - she said 'Whatever you like'.

- "You must have some preference." I said.

- "I don't know."

I took her out for dinner, determined to find out why she wouldn't talk.

- "Are you afraid of me?" I asked.

- "No. Why?"

- "You seem ... extra shy with me. You rarely say very much."

- "Oh." she said.

- "Are you always like this?"

- "No." she said. But Danuta looked so sad, I thought she might cry.

- "I'm sorry." I said. "I don't mean to ... hurt your feelings. I'm just worried ... I want you to be comfortable with me."

- "I am." she said.

The sex afterwards was great, but the date beforehand was extremely uncomfortable, for me, at least.

I remembered when Sarah and I had helped Steve and Kim. They were shy with each other, and had trouble talking. We took them out on an active date, and Sarah kept the conversation flowing. Eventually, the two relaxed enough to be more natural with each other.

And now they were engaged to be married.

Danuta and I had it backwards. We were sleeping together before we got to know each other. And I couldn't figure out what was wrong.

I tried active dates. That worked, in the sense that it wasn't as noticeable that Danuta wasn't talking. But there were awkward moments, when I made a remark, or an off-hand comment - and got zero response.

There was only one person I could talk to about it.

- "Do you know Danuta very well?" I asked Antonia.

- "Pretty well." she said. "Why? Trouble in paradise?"

- "Uh ... it's not exactly paradise. Well - in some ways it is, but ..."

- "I can't help you if you don't tell me what it is." she said. "But if it's sexual I don't want to know."

- "Is Danuta shy?" I asked. "Like, painfully shy? As in, quiet?"

- "Danuta? Are you serious?" said Antonia. "She's a little chatterbox. What are you talking about?"

- "A chatterbox? Are we talking about the same girl, here? Martin's cousin?"

I had to describe some of our dates, with a word for word re-cap. It didn't take long.

- "Are you sure?" said Antonia. "That doesn't sound like the girl I know."

- "I swear to you - that's what she's like when she's with me."

Antonia agreed to help me out. We tried double dating on a Saturday night - Danuta and me, with Antonia and Martin. Nice restaurant, nice ambience ...

Brutal. Martin wasn't a brilliant conversationalist, by any stretch of the imagination. I kept my mouth shut, mostly, to leave the door wide open for Danuta. Antonia had to carry the ball. She tried to get Danuta involved - with no success whatsoever.

Antonia seemed confused. In the end, she and I talked, with occasional contributions from Martin. Danuta said hardly a word. I wasn't surprised, but Antonia sure was. At the end of the evening, she touched my arm, and said: "I'll talk to you Monday."

I drove Danuta home. She lived with her parents, saving money so that she could buy a house of her own. It meant that she couldn't invite me in, though. She seemed a little surprised that we ended up here, instead of at my place.

- "Did you have a good time tonight?" I asked.

- "Yes."

- "You didn't say very much."

- "No."

- "You don't say very much at all, when you're with me." I said.

Silence.

"Is it something I do?" I asked. "Am I intimidating you?"

- "No."

- "I don't understand, Danuta. You like me, right?"

She nodded.

- "You just can't talk to me."

There was that sad look, again. She was going to cry, if I kept this up.

- "I'm sorry, Danuta. I don't mean to make you uncomfortable."

We sat in silence for quite a while. Finally, I asked: "Should we say goodnight?"

She shook her head.

- "You're not ready to go in?"

- "No."

- "Is there something you'd like to do? Somewhere you'd like to go?"

- "Your place." she said.

I had to admit defeat. I drove Danuta to my apartment. Once inside, she started peeling off her clothes. Naked, she pressed herself against me. Once again, though, it was up to me to initiate, to lead. She was willing to do anything I wanted. Danuta clung to me like I was a life preserver in the middle of the ocean. It was weird, and a bit scary.

On Monday, I had to wait until the end of the day before Antonia got a chance to talk to me. First, though, we had to sit through a staff meeting, and endure Anna and Suzanne's glares. Afterwards, Antonia let out a deep sigh.

- "Geez, that's annoying." she said.

- "Sorry - it's my fault."

- "No, it isn't." she said. "Whatever you did - whatever mistakes you made - it doesn't deserve this level of bullshit. Those two are just psycho. But never mind them."

"I called Danuta last night." Antonia looked me in the eye.

- "And ...?"

- "I don't get it." she said. "I asked her - point blank - what was going on. She says she doesn't know."

- "What?"

- "Chris, that girl is in love with you. She talked my ear off about you."

- "I know she likes me, Antonia - I just don't know why."

- "She says you're funny. And cute. Kind, interesting, generous, patient ... she said you're good in bed - I stopped her there. Too much information."

- "Wait." I said. "Danuta told you all this - in words?"

- "I'm telling you: Danuta has no problem talking." said Antonia.

- "But you were there, Saturday night!" I protested. "Did that seem normal to you?"

- "No." she admitted. "I don't understand it. I asked her why she couldn't talk to you. She said you're so smart - she feels like anything she says will sound stupid. Never stopped her from talking around me, though."

- "But that's -"

- "I know." said Antonia. "Crazy, right. First of all, you're not that smart -"

- "Thanks."

- "You're welcome. But you're one guy who wouldn't mock a person if they said something dumb. And I've seen the way you handle 'stupid' questions from the students. You have the patience of a saint."

I didn't know what to say, or even what to think.

"Look," said Antonia, "I asked her - over and over - why she can't talk when you're there. And the short answer is ... she doesn't know."

- Oh, boy." I said. I sat down, with a deep sigh.

- "I warned her. I told her straight out: you're going to lose this guy, if you can't talk to him."

- "Thanks, Antonia." I said. "Thanks for trying."

"Look at the bright side." she said.

- "What bright side?"

- "Isn't that supposed to be the ideal relationship? A deaf man and a mute woman?"

- "It's a deaf man and a blind woman." I said.

- "Close enough."

***

I got a phone call from Steve.

- "Chris, do you know somebody named Adams?" he said.

I had to think. "The only Adams I know was my associate teacher when I was in teachers college. Pearson High School. Nice guy."

- "That's him." said Steve. "He wants to you to call him. Said it was important. Sorry - urgent."

- "He called you? How did he even get your number?"

- "He called your parents - asked them to get in touch with you." said Steve. "He told your Dad that it was important. When he hadn't heard back from you for a week, he called our old landlord."

- "What?"

- "He must really want to talk to you, Chris. He said to call him back immediately - no matter what time it was."

- "OK, Steve. I'll call him right now."

- "Then call me back, Chris. I'm sitting beside the phone. My curiosity is killing me - I gotta know what this is about."

I called the number Steve had given me. A woman answered.

- "Could I speak to Mr Adams?" I asked.

- "Just a minute." She put the receiver down. A few moments later, I heard it being picked up.

- "Hello?"

- "Hey Mr Adams - it's Chris. I heard from my friend Steve that you were trying to get in touch with me. I'm sorry to be getting back to you so late."

- "Chris! Thank goodness you got the message." he said. "Listen - would you still be interested in teaching at Pearson?"

- "Pardon?"

We had had a conversation, while I was at Pearson. I was thoroughly impressed by the students, the teachers - everything. I had a phenomenal two weeks teaching there. Adams gave me some simple, incredibly useful advice, and I learned a great deal. My first placement went well, but my second - at Pearson - was a near-masterpiece.

I remembered one day, during the lunch period, when an announcement was made over the PA system - asking the Chess Club to quiet down in the library. Apparently, they were getting too rowdy.

- "Seriously?" I asked Adams. "That's a disciplinary issue?"

He laughed, too. "It's a great school, with great students." he said.

I agreed. In fact, when I was graduating from teachers college, I called him to see if there was any chance of getting in there. Adams told me that it would take a wave of retirements to create an opening.

Now he was asking me if I wanted to teach at Pearson.

- "Of course. Yes. Absolutely." I said.

- "Then you need to get me a copy of your resume, with a cover letter, as soon as possible. Send it by courier, first thing tomorrow. Do you understand?" he said.

- "First thing tomorrow. Got it. Thank you, Mr Adams."

- "Don't thank me, Chris. First of all, I can't promise anything - I'm the Department Head now, but I have no control over hiring. And it may seem like I'm doing this for you - but I'm really doing it for Pearson. I remember how much the students liked you, and I think you could do great things here."

- "Thank you, sir."

He wrote down my phone number - no call display, in ancient times - and promised to keep me informed.

I forgot to call Steve. My mind was running along at a thousand miles an hour. I called Antonia.

- "It's almost 11:00, you dumbass."

- "I'm sorry, Antonia. I know what time it is. I need a favour, though. Can you write me a letter of recommendation?"

- "Say what now?"

I explained my situation. "I can tell you more, tomorrow. But ..."

- "Yeah. Letter. Got it. You owe me one." she said.

Every now and then, I wondered at the tricks fate played on us. Antonia was an attractive woman, and a wonderful teacher, whose skill and dedication I admired. We were good friends. Why couldn't she have been single when I arrived?

I didn't have time for that kind of wool-gathering. I got to work, and turned out a resume just after midnight.

The next day, Antonia handed me a reference letter.

- "Yeah, you can read it." she said. I did, and I blushed. She made me sound ... amazing.

- "Wow." I said. "Thank you."

- "You're welcome." she said. "Mind telling me what this is all about?"

I explained in greater detail.

"Your hometown, right? And you would take this job, if they offered?"

- "I sat up, late last night - early this morning, actually. Weighing the pros and cons. I love this school. The students are great. I love working with you. I couldn't have asked for a better partner. I'm not sure that I could have imagined a better partner." I said.

- "But ..." she said.

- "Not finished with the pros." I said. "I met Chantal here. She was wonderful. And I like Liz Amaral. I know you don't approve, but she's a great lady."

- "Don't need to know the details." said Antonia. "Is that it - for the positive side?"

- "Pretty much ..." I said. "As for the cons ..."

The toxic atmosphere here, with our staff, as Anna and Suzanne poisoned the air.

- "Where does Danuta fit in?" asked Antonia.

I shook my head, sadly. "I can't do it, anymore. She's sweet, and she's lovely. But she barely says a word to me. Even if I don't get the job, I'm going to have to break it off with her."

- "You'd take this job in a heartbeat, then?" asked Antonia.

- "Yeah ..."

I didn't even have to mention all of the positives.. I missed my hometown, my friends - Steve and Kim, Sarah - that was odd, that I thought of her in that context ...

That evening, I remembered to call Steve. He didn't answer the phone. Instead, I got a female voice.

- "Chris?' she said.

- "Sarah?"

She was over visiting Steve - and Kim, who had moved in after Christmas.

- "Yeah - it's me. How are you?"

We exchanged pleasantries, and then Sarah let me know that Steve was due back anytime - he had stepped out to pick up a take-out order.

"Hey -" she said. "This Mr Adams? Is that the teacher you worked with - at Pearson?"

- "How did you know that?" I asked. I couldn't imagine Steve telling his sister something like that.

- "You told me." she said. "That night we were out while Steve was proposing to Kim."

- "And you remembered that?" I said.

- "There's nothing wrong with my memory." said Sarah. "So, is this something about a job?"

- "Maybe." I said. "I don't want to get my hopes up - but, yeah."

- "Wow." she said. "Would you take it?"

I had a virtual repeat of my conversation with Antonia - but with Sarah. I just left out the part about my friend's sister being one of the compelling reasons for returning home.

- "So, you can tell Steve, or get him to call me." I concluded.

- "That's great, Chris. I'll tell him. And I'll keep my fingers crossed."

***

The act of writing a letter was profoundly therapeutic. Nowadays, we dash off an email, or a text - it's the equivalent of speaking. Sometimes we forget to load our brains before we shoot our mouths off.

But as I tried to find the words and write them down for Nina, my thoughts took shape. I began to see a pattern. Was I really such an idiot?

Every relationship I had had since returning from Europe was flawed, or doomed from the outset. Moe wouldn't let me in, Nina just couldn't be ... Suzanne and Anna were my mistakes. Liz ... and now Danuta.

Chantal was an exception, though. I didn't fool myself; I doubt that we were destined to be together forever. But it was a healthy relationship, and I hadn't done anything wrong. She had to move away - we parted with mild regrets, but no hard feelings.

They say, sometimes, that the exception makes the rule. It was a comforting thought. With all of the other failures, I could have easily started to believe that there was something wrong with me. But I was perfectly capable of carrying on a healthy relationship.

I just had to find the right girl.

Preferably, she would live in the same town (I was flexible on that point). We should enjoy each other's company, and be comfortable together. Sexual compatibility was important. Kindness and intelligence were attractive to me. That was about it.

Oh - and not my best friend's sister. That was odd. I was almost finished my letter to Nina, and I was already beginning to think about how I would explain this to Sarah.

I didn't repeat my invitation to the wedding. Much as I would love to see Nina, I wasn't sure how well the platonic thing would work out. And I was Steve's best man: how much time would I have to be with Nina? She'd be sitting alone. The only people she knew would be too busy to spend time with her.

All of that went into the letter. I felt a lot better, afterwards.

***

It might sound like I was counting my chickens a little too early. But the job offer didn't have to be a sure thing. It was just a catalyst to get me to put my head on straight.

The only mistake I made with Suzanne was going out with her in the first place. Breaking it off before it got serious was the right thing to do.

With Anna, I made two serious errors. The first was not recognizing her for what she was, months sooner. The second was how badly I handled the break up.

Armed with that experience, I tried to do it right with Danuta. I was thrilled to have met her, and flattered beyond measure that she wanted me. The sex was incredible. But I couldn't get comfortable in the relationship, because I didn't feel as if I really knew her.

Danuta cried, but she didn't say much. That was no big surprise. Even at a moment like this, she couldn't talk to me. I comforted her as much as I could.

And then it was done. Antonia told me, a week later, that I had broken Danuta's heart.

- "But she said you were very nice about it."

Then I got a phone call from the Principal of Pearson High School, asking me if I was available for an interview. I took a day off - my first in three years - and drove down on a Thursday night.

AspernEssling
AspernEssling
4,252 Followers
12