In The Dragon's Keep Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She didn't want him near there. She didn't want him to make her explode like that again. Freya couldn't take another one. They locked eyes for a moment but Veles shrugged with a casual smile.

Wordlessly Freya took the sponge and Veles rested on the bed whistling a sad yet familiar tune. It was a tune Freya heard often in the forest when she dared to defy her parents in going there.

Freya often felt that there was someone watching her in the forest; watching over her like some guardian. Once when Freya was 13 she was lost in the forest. Her horse had been spooked by something then Freya fell. The horse ran off leaving Freya all alone.

Freya was afraid. She was alone in the darkness of the woods. Children of warriors are taught to be brave but sometimes they still get frightened like regular children. Freya had cried in that moment, underneath a great oak tree.

Then suddenly Freya heard whistling. A human whistle. It was a sad tune and Freya followed the sound. She never saw the source of the whistling but it led her out of the forest and home again.

Freya returned to the present, gripping the sponge. Heat crawled up her spine as her scalp itched.

"I'll take you above in three days," Veles suddenly spoke giving Freya a start.

"Why not now?" Freya asked keeping her voice level.

"I doubt you could make the walk on your own and I know you would feel it beneath your dignity to be carried everywhere," Veles laughed.

***

12