Inheritance (One Week Chronicles)

Story Info
Gary is forever changed as Louise and Jade enter his life.
21.3k words
4.72
55.2k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Louise69
Louise69
327 Followers

A big thank you to those who have enjoyed my One Week stories. I'm adding a One Week Chronicles story, all of which feature characters from the main stories and also a few new ones. Kind of like an MCU or a TGU, if you will.

I've been asked a few times on the timeline of these stories and where they fit in, so I've posted the timeline for you to see below.

I hope you enjoy this story, it goes to some dark places and takes a while until it really kicks in, but I hope that you find Gary's journey worth it.

As ever, all feedback and ideas are gratefully received!

*****

Timeline.

i. Nephrite

ii. Chaste Part One

iii. Chaste Part Two (First Part)

iv. Emma (Released August 2017)

v. One Week Part One To Five

vi. Chaste Part Two (Second Part)

vii. A Merry Christmas Lock In

viii. One Week Part Six

ix. Kidnapped

x. Inheritance (First Part)

xi. One Week Part 7 (August 2017)

xii. Inheritance (Second Part)

xiii. Interview One

xiv. Interview Two

xv. L/J's (August 2017)

xvi. One Week Part 8 (October 2017)

*****

Inheritance

By

Louise Nichols

Chapter 1

The doorbell rang incessantly, eventually cutting through the drug addled fog in Gary's brain. He roused himself from the sofa and trudged through the abomination that was his apartment. Empty cans of beer, half eaten meals and soiled clothes were strewn throughout each room, yet Gary barely noticed this, accustomed as he was to the mess. Groaning as he approached the door, he flapped at the locks until he managed to open the flimsy wooden panel and gaped wordlessly at the two women who stood before him.

They were stunning and looked completely out of place in the grime streaked hallway. One was blonde and wore a tight fitting business suit and spikes for heels that made her tower above Gary. She was slender and walked with grace and elegance as she gave him the full force of her smile. A faint scar on the woman's cheek gave her an air of mystery and Gary found himself choking back on his anger at being disturbed.

The blonde woman's companion was equally as stunning, yet her green eyes sparkled with an air of mischief. She gave the impression of someone who aimed to misbehave in the best possible way. She was roughly the same height as the blonde woman and wore a green wraparound silk dress that matched her eyes. Dark hair framed her face and she walked with the same untouchable elegance as the blonde woman.

"Gary Mitchell?" asked the blonde woman. Gary's defences immediately thrust forward, wariness chasing the last vestiges of cocaine from his mind. Years of abuse had fuddled it somewhat and he was still slow to react.

"He's not in," he said and made to close the door. Quicker than he thought possible, the blonde woman's arm shot out and held the door open. Surprised, he backed into the flat as the pair stepped through the filthy archway. The dark haired woman wrinkled her nose in disgust at the smell and a small part, deeply hidden in the recesses of Gary's mind, felt some shame at the state that he lived in. The blonde woman was different. She looked around warily, assessing blind spots and choke points, all trace of her ebullient smile gone.

"It took a long time to find you," she said, a faint Welsh lilt to her voice. "Two years almost. Who goes by the name T-Bag anyway?" Gary found himself backed further into the flat until he bumped into his sofa. He let himself fall back and rummaged around the sticky material for an old rolled cigarette he knew would be there. "You know what connotations that name has?" she continued.

Finding his half smoked cigarette, Gary gave her a puzzled look.

"What the fuck you talking about lady?" he said, his voice brusque, tone aggressive. She smiled at him; an infuriating manner that he found patronising.

"T-Bagging," she replied. "Putting your balls repeatedly in someone's mouth like you were making a cup of tea. You want to be known by that?" He stared at her, slack jawed, shocked at how someone so stunning and well dressed knew such terms. The casualness with which she spoke gave him pause.

"Lots of different types of tea though," said the dark haired woman. Her voice was husky and sensual, the curl of her lip screaming sexual promise. "PG Tips, Earl Grey, Yorkshire. The list goes on. You reckon there's different types of T-Bagging?" The blonde woman shrugged at her and they both turned to Gary with an expectant look. Unlit cigarette dangling from his mouth, he stammered a response.

"The fuck do I know. I didn't give me this fucking name."

"Myself."

"Eh?"

"Never mind. You own the name. That's just as bad." The blonde woman reached into her bag and pulled out an iPad. As she unlocked the screen and swiped to the video that she was after, the dark haired woman spoke.

"I'm Jade and this is Louise. We're associates at a law firm that your aunt Jackie used to be partner of. We're sorry to inform you that she died two years ago. It's taken us this long to find you."

"I don't have an aunt," replied Gary. He was fairly certain that he didn't have an aunt but, then again, he struggled to remember much beyond his fourteenth birthday when he'd run away from home.

"That's because she's dead," replied Louise. "Try to keep up." She handed him the iPad and bade him press play on the video that she'd found. Gary absently lit his cigarette and leant back on the sofa with a creak of protesting springs. On the tablet, a pretty woman who looked to be in her fifties addressed the camera. She exuded a warmth and no nonsense persona that set off faint triggers in his memory. Distant times. Happier times. He felt a great sadness wash over him and didn't notice as the two women stilled at the sound of her voice.

"If you're watching this Gary, then I've shuffled off this mortal coil. I'm pretty sure I'm going to Hell, but that's where all the interesting people will be, so I'm sure I'll be having a ball by now." She gave a faint chuckle and more childhood memories were unlocked at the sound. Jackie sobered quickly and gave the camera a look of sorrow and regret. "I'm sorry about your dad Gary. I didn't know until it was too late and I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I got him though. Just know that I got him and he's rotting in a cell for the rest of his miserable life." Gary felt a wave of emotions rush over him. Too quickly for him to process, he stared numbly at the screen as Jackie continued to speak from the grave.

"It took me a long time to find you. Oftentimes, when I did, you were gone again. The last time I caught up with you, you were gone before I could get there and help. Following you as I have, I know what you are, what you've done and where you're heading. Six feet under to join me or behind bars to join your dad." Gary knew that she was right but was too numb to process how he felt about that.

"It's time to change Gary. I've done the first part, the next is down to you. Succeed and there's five million pounds for you. That's your inheritance. Tax free."

Gary was stunned at the amount and looked up at Louise, who gave him a sad smile.

"Listen to her Gary, it's all true." He looked back at the screen and his world shifted once again. Jackie was holding up a passport and driver's licence. They were for a strangely familiar looking woman called Grace.

"That's you." She said. "Present yourself as a woman to my lawyer. Convince her and prove yourself to be better. The funds will then be released to you." Gary paused the video and stared aghast at the two women who stood over him.

"The fuck is she talking about?" he cried angrily. "I'm not having a fucking sex change!" Jade gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Not quite what she means honey bun, but if you want to go that far..."

"What does she mean by better?" he said angrily, ignoring Jade's flippant comment. Louise replied on her behalf.

"Health is defined as free from disease, physically and mentally," she said, looking pointedly at the track marks on his arms.

"Verbally too," cut in Jade. "There are more "fucks" coming out of your mouth than a whore at an orgy."

"I'm no fag," seethed Gary, leaping to his feet and tossing the iPad aside. "Walking around in a fucking dress. Fuck you, you silly bitch." Jade's eyes widened in anger, but she quelled it immediately, careful to maintain her careful composure. Unfortunately, her brain forgot to pass the memo of calmness to her mouth.

"Careful love," she said. "We're one of them." Gary's eyes widened in disgust and he launched himself at Jade.

"Fucking poofter weirdo..."

Gary wasn't sure what happened next. One moment he was moving towards Jade, the next he was on the floor, gasping for air from his sucker punched lungs and reeling from a blow to the head. Louise had moved swiftly and with frightening intent. She knelt on his back and leant down to whisper in his ear.

"There are no labels here Gary. You get one pass and you've just cashed it in. I've done worse for less, so don't make me have to be nice to you again." Gary's vision fogged as he struggled for breath and he was dimly aware of Jade laying a hand on Louise's shoulder and gently bringing her back, cold anger visibly leaving her as if Jade's hand leached it away.

"I can take care of myself hun," she said and lay a tender hand on Louise's cheek. "You don't need to keep protecting me." Louise sighed and apologised. To Jade, not Gary. She reached into her bag and tossed a card at the wheezing man who lay at her feet. She felt sorry for him. He'd endured so much that it had broken him. She wouldn't help him though. Not until he was in a place to accept it.

"I've hired an external agent from another firm to avoid any claims of bias. The office is a bus ride from here, so you should be able to find it easily enough. Her name's Beth. Present yourself to her and she'll sign the funds over to you."

She made as if to say something else, but turned on her heels and left. Jade reached down and helped Gary to lean against the sofa, his breath still coming in ragged gasps.

"Sorry about that," she said. "She's the kindest, most caring and brilliant person I've ever met. She's also a little too proactive when it comes to looking after those she loves. A bit like a Golden Retriever." She quickly checked behind her to make sure that Louise had left and hadn't overheard her speak. She leaned forward conspiratorially.

"Don't tell her I called her a dog. Christ almighty, that'll require some serious make up sex." She paused a moment. "Actually, tell her what you want!" She stood up and left a befuddled Gary to lean heavily against the sofa and take a few minutes to gather himself.

Chapter 2

A loud banging on the door shook Gary from his bewildered thoughts and he struggled back to his feet, thinking that the women had come back for something.

"Open up T-Bag," came a harsh voice through the thin wood. "I know you're there you little scumbag!" Gary stopped, terror coursing through him as he recognised the voice of Wren, his supplier. "I heard you moaning through the door!" shouted Wren.

Gary looked around, desperate for some means of escape, but the tiny, grime smeared windows were welded shut. He was trapped.

"Last chance T-Bag! You owe me!"

"You'll have your money Wren. I got a payload coming!" shouted Gary through the door, hoping that it would be enough, but knowing the futility of it. Every month, Wren picked someone to make an example of. It kept everyone else in line. This time, it was Gary's turn. With a loud crash, Wren kicked the door to the flat and the flimsy material shattered under his heavy boots. Several large and intimidating men bundled into the small living space and bowled into Gary, knocking him to the floor for the second time that day. Oddly enough, it hurt less than the first time.

Wren's giant frame scraped the doorframe as he stooped into the flat. He wore a well-tailored suit that he thought made him look business like, but simply served to exaggerate his narrow waist and broad shoulders, making him even more intimidating. He looked in disgust at the apartment and gave Gary a pitiful look.

"Ain't nothing to trash here T-Bag. How can I set an example to my clients if there's nothing of value here to break?" Gary, pinned to the floor, tried to plead with Wren.

"I can get the money, I promise. Give me two weeks. Please. I'll have the money. You can do whatever you want to me then."

Wren leaned down and placed a knee on Gary's chest. His voice was soft, yet laced will poison and malice.

"I'll do whatever I like to you now T-Bag. You've got nothing in this shit hole for me to break, so I'll break you instead." He grabbed Gary's hand and yanked a finger back until a loud pop could be heard in the apartment. Gary screamed, his throat scratching and tearing at the agonising pain that seared through his hand. Suddenly, the men who were holding him down recoiled back in disgust as Gary soiled himself. Wren sighed heavily. The smell was unbearable.

"You know what, T-Bag? I'm feeling kind. You've a month. Everything you owe and double that again. No more handouts. You default and I'll break every bone in your body." He beckoned for his men to leave and followed them out. As he crunched over the remnants of the doorway, he turned back to Gary, who lay prostrate on the floor, nursing his broken finger.

"Oh, and T-Bag. Don't run. Everyone thinks they can run, but I always find them. And it's always so much worse when I do." He doffed an imaginary cap and left Gary to his pain and misery.

Chapter 3

No one wants to become addicted to drugs. No one chooses to be an addict and it takes time for the knowledge that you are addicted to settle in, if it ever does. You think that a bit here and there will be fine, but it takes a grip. Especially when used to numb pain, to chase away the terrors. The hooks sink deeper and quicker and you lose yourself. No one sets out to hit rock bottom, which makes it hurt all the more when it hits you.

Gary was at rock bottom. There was a light at the end of the tunnel, but whenever he'd seen one before, it was always a train coming the other way, ready to knock him back. He didn't want to believe it to be true and almost shrugged off the visit by the two women, men, whatever, as a hallucination from his drug addled brain. It wasn't until he found the iPad, tossed aside and hidden under a cushion, did he replay the video and believe that he could escape. Formulating a plan, he taped his broken finger carefully and with no little pain, to the adjacent one and left the flat, taking a quick stroll down the street to find Lawrence.

Lawrence wasn't a friend. He wasn't the sort of person who made friends and certainly wasn't the sort of person you wanted to be associated with, but he tolerated Gary and Gary found Lawrence easy enough to talk to. Lawrence owned a club near Soho, but that was just the front for his real business, which was sex. Whatever you wanted, he would provide. If he couldn't within the hour, then you were welcome to come back for free the next time. His only rule was no children. Honour amongst pimps; who'd have thought? chided Gary and Lawrence shook his head at the pathetic man who hung around, ogling at his girls.

Gary was sat in Lawrence's office, nursing his hand and Lawrence guessed that Wren had paid him a visit. He was decked in a basketball kit and was never seen without, a curious affectation that no one dared to ask him about. He never played or watched the sport, but you didn't question Lawrence. He was always calm and courteous, but it hid a vicious temper that could snap at any given moment. He matched Wren for size and there were often discussions amongst the underbelly of London about who would win in a brawl. Gary had seen them both fight and knew that Lawrence would win, but not easily. It was a wonder that Gary had never been at the receiving end of his temper and plenty of folks questioned why. If they'd had the gall to ask Lawrence, he wouldn't have been able to come up with an answer himself.

"Wren?" he asked. Gary gave a curt nod.

"I ain't lending you any more money T-Bag," said Lawrence. He'd done it once, years ago and was yet to see a return on his investment. Gary held up his hands.

"I ain't asking," he said nervously. "I just needed some time out is all, thought I'd come pay you a visit."

"I'm busy," said Lawrence. "Why don't you come back later?" Gary, sensing Lawrence's mood, slunk from the sofa and left his office. He wound through the corridors and made his way into the women's changing rooms. They were used to his coming and goings and paid him little attention. It was as if he didn't even exist. At this time of the morning, there were only two women around and they ignored him as they changed for the day. Checking they weren't looking, Gary swiped some clothes off any table, chair or rail that he passed and stuffed the garments into his bag.

He had no idea what he'd just taken, but hoped it would be enough to earn him five million pounds.

Chapter 4

Gary knew it was a bad idea the instant he looked at himself in the mirror. He'd stolen several garments which didn't fit, so his choices were limited. He had managed to steal a red bra that he struggled to get into, eventually clipping the lacy strap at the front before twisting it round his skinny frame. He managed to adjust the shoulder straps to make it fit better and stuffed some socks into them to pad them out. He'd struck out and been lucky enough to find some dark tights that would hide the hair on his legs but he put a hole in them as he tried to pull them up.

Muttering a mouthful of expletives, he rummaged around in his bag for another pair, but couldn't find anything. They'd have to do. He'd only found one dress that looked like it might fit, but it was tight. The stretchy material clung to his body firmly as he struggled into. The shimmering black dress had a high neck and lacked shoulders so his red bra straps were clearly seen. It was tight around his hips and made walking difficult. He'd stolen a thong but quickly realised that his manhood kept popping out, so swapped them for a tight pair of pants he owned and tucked himself in.

There were no shoes, so he wore some black trainers, but he did manage to steal a faux fur jacket and a long black wig. He pulled the wig over his head and tried to adjust the hair so that it stayed out of his eyes, but ended up pulling it out of shape. He'd shaved as closely as he could but had no make-up. He wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, so shrugged into the jacket and left the flat, stepping over the fragments of the door that he'd not yet fixed.

It doesn't matter, he thought. I'll be rich by the end of the day anyway.

He decided to walk to the address on the card that Louise had left as he didn't want to sit on a bus and endure the strange stares he'd get. He couldn't afford the fare anyway. He knew what he looked like but steeled himself as he walked down the street, pulling his jacket tightly around him as if it would offer protection from the sniggers and stares that he earned. The dress was too tight and he tried to walk faster, but it stopped him doing so. Eyes firmly on the ground, Gary prayed that he wouldn't bump into anyone he knew and concentrated on pushing through this humiliation.

It took an hour to make the journey and he breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the solicitor's office ahead. Crossing the road and earning a few wolf whistles from a group of lads who teased him, Gary pushed open the door to the building and gratefully left the street behind. The office was busy, a thrum of energy and determination washing over Gary. It was an alien sensation, so he blocked it out as he strode to the main desk. As he walked, a pretty brunette approached the secretary and handed her some files. She paused a moment as she saw Gary and a mischievous smile curled her lips.

Louise69
Louise69
327 Followers