Innocent Before, Guilty After

Story Info
Innocents accused of adultery end up succumbing.
9.3k words
4.13
24.5k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Swilly
Swilly
598 Followers

Russ was looking down and watching as his cock disappeared into the leggy blonde on her knees before him, bent over, her ass high in the air to give him access to her hairless pussy. Her face was buried in a pile of pillows, and she grunted with each powerful stroke he took. He tried to keep himself engaged by tracing a hand down her trim waist to her wide hips. Grabbing them with both hands, he pulled her back on him aggressively, plowing deeper inside her. Liz moaned her approval, but Russ was rapidly losing interest. Sighing with resignation, he pulled his cock from her and flopped onto his back on the bed.

"What the fuck? Why did you stop?" Liz groaned. "I was getting close."

"This isn't working, Liz."

"What isn't working, Russ? It seemed like it was working to me."

"Us, Liz. We aren't working."

"What are you talking about?"

"What are we doing, Liz? We've been involved with each other for almost six months now, and frankly, there isn't much to us as a couple."

Liz sat up on the bed and looked down at him, confusion showing on her face.

"You're not making a lot of sense, Russ. We go to dinner, we go to movies, we go to plays, and we fuck like bunnies. That's what a couple does," said Liz with increasing agitation.

Russ shook his head. "Christ, I sound like a woman," he said with a chuckle. "There really isn't much of a connection between us, Liz. I feel like you're a friend. A friend with obvious benefits, but still just a friend."

Liz leapt from the bed and stood there with balled up fists, glaring down at Russ.

"Fuck you, Russ. Just...just fuck you. All of a sudden, you decide we don't have a connection? Just what the fuck is that?" she screamed.

"Calm down, Liz."

"I will not calm down. I can't believe this. Did I just waste six months of my life for nothing?"

"I've been thinking about this for a while now. It isn't as sudden as you think."

"Why the hell didn't you say something?"

"Liz, you're a beautiful, intelligent woman. I kept telling myself that I was just afraid of commitment, and I was being foolish."

"And now you've decided that I'm not good enough for you?" screeched Liz.

"It isn't that, Liz. It isn't about being good enough. You are a wonderful woman. That's a big part of why I kept trying to convince myself I was crazy to feel this way. If you sit here and ask me what's wrong with you, I won't be able to give you an answer. Because there is nothing wrong with you."

"There's something wrong with you, then?" Liz queried.

"I didn't say that, Liz. Look, I don't know what that little something is that clicks into place between people, but I do know it exists. I've felt it before. For us, at least from my perspective, it just hasn't happened. I don't think it ever will. It isn't fair to either of us to keep going like this."

"I see," fumed Liz as she pulled on her panties. "Who is she, Russ. I mean, that's what this is about, isn't it? Who is she?"

Russ sighed and rolled his eyes. "There is no she, Liz. This is about you and me."

"Oh, bullshit Russell. Men don't dump a woman like me unless there is someone else involved. You're a fucking liar," she screamed. There were tears flowing now, and Russ got up from the bed. "Stay the fuck over there," Liz screamed. She grabbed the alarm clock from the dresser and hurled it at Russ, connecting with his shoulder.

"Just leave me alone."

Liz finished dressing and grabbed her jacket.

"I'm going to tell you something, mister. I'm going to figure out who this bitch is, and I'm going to ruin it for you. I can't believe what a prick you are." With those words, Liz turned on her heel and burst from the room. She slammed the door as hard as she could on the way out of the house, and Russ sat alone in silence.

Russell Abbott married young and was divorced by thirty. He had spent the previous five years chasing an array of women and bedding as many as he could. During the past year, however, he began to tire of it all. In truth, he had begun to mature. He wanted more out of a relationship than a blow job. He wanted a partner to share life with. At thirty six, Russ had become an adult.

**********

Sheila swirled the wine in her glass as she looked across the table at her husband. She took a sip of the merlot before speaking.

"This is a huge account for us, Dick. If we close this one, we'll reach twenty five percent of our revenue budget with one sale."

"I still don't understand why you need to go on this trip. Mary is perfectly capable of handling this from the sales side, and Russ can certainly speak to the implementation end of things. You being there is redundant."

"I don't really understand what the issue is, Dick. I want to make sure we put our best foot forward. That is me, not Mary."

"There is nothing wrong with Mary."

"No, there isn't. She is quite capable. But she isn't me," Dick. "You know it, and I know it. What's the real issue here?"

Dick paused before answering, licking his top lip.

"You like going on trips with Russ, don't you?"

Sheila nearly spit out a mouthful of wine.

"That's what this is about, honey? Dick, where do you come up with this stuff?"

"You two have been traveling an awful lot together of late. So much so that I've begun to take notice."

"You're quite aware of how well we are doing against our revenue projections, Dick. That has been the result of a lot of hard work by all of us. We need to travel in order to close business. It's my job, and it's Russ' job too."

"That's very convenient for you both, isn't it?"

Sheila gave her husband an incredulous stare. "Are you really suggesting that I have been having an affair with Russell Abbott? Seriously?"

"I didn't say it. You did," snarled Dick.

"This is ridiculous, Dick. I love you. Why would I risk that? Why?"

"Oh, I don't know, Sheila. Russell is tall, handsome, outgoing, and funny. He is everything I'm not. Look at me. I'm a short, pudgy, balding man with little personality."

"Dick..."

"Stop. I'm not blind to how we compare."

"Dick, you are the man I love," pleaded Sheila. "Please stop this now."

"Right," Dick snapped as he motioned to the waiter. "Check please."

Dick Ambery was the owner and Chief Executive Officer of a software integration company that specialized in customer relationship management systems. He was born into money, and had used that money to acquire, build, and sell companies at a profit. He seemed particularly adept at finding the talent he needed to turn marginal companies into thriving enterprises, and he was smart enough to stay out of the operations.

Dick had met Shelia six years prior at a convention in Orlando. She was a rising sales star in a competing company. Rather than buying the competition, he courted and married their top sales person. Dick and Sheila often joked about how they got their start, teasing each other it was a business decision. Sheila was five years his junior, and only twenty five when they married five years ago.

**********

Russ and Sheila met for breakfast in the lobby of the Copley Place Marriot in Boston. They went over their strategy for the meeting later that morning, making a few minor adjustments to the PowerPoint presentation. When they were happy with the result, Sheila saved the file to the hard drive and shut down her computer.

Russ had been with the company for two years, delivering significant results. He had previously worked as a consultant in product development for several software concerns, providing him with an excellent understanding of how these systems worked and what they were capable of.

After breakfast was finished, Russ handed the valet his parking ticket and walked outside to wait for the car. Sheila joined him a moment later, and they chatted while they waited. Noticing a bit of lint on the lapel of Russ' suit jacket, Sheila picked it off and brushed her hand over the spot a few times. Russ smiled and thanked her.

The valet pulled up with the car, Russ handing him a couple dollar bills and making his way over to the driver's side. When they were both seated and buckled in, Russ began the half hour drive to the client's offices in Natick. Sheila was quiet during the drive, struggling to stay focused but drifting back to Dick's accusations in her mind. She was both sad and angry that he had insinuated a relationship with Russ that wasn't there. Furtively glancing at Russ as he drove, she found she did have to agree with Dick's point about his attractiveness. He WAS handsome, but not in a Brad Pitt, pretty boy way. He was a manly handsome, and his looks and demeanor promised just the right amount of danger. Sheila found herself blushing and had to stifle a giggle at her own expense. She pushed the thoughts away and focused on the upcoming meeting, mentally preparing herself for battle.

After arriving at the client, Russ pulled the car into a visitor's space and walked into the building with Sheila. They were escorted into a conference room that held a long, light colored oak table and a dozen chairs covered with burgundy upholstery.

"Mr. Jones will be in shortly," said the petite blonde receptionist. Can I offer you anything? Coffee? Water?"

"Water would be great," replied Russ.

"Make that two," Sheila added.

The receptionist smiled and departed. Sheila connected her laptop to the projector and turned it on, ensuring everything was in working order. A moment later, the door opened and three men walked in. The apparent leader stepped over to Russ and held out his hand. Russ stood, taking the man's hand with a firm grip.

"Bob Jones. Pleased to meet you."

"Russell Abbott. This is my colleague, Sheila Ambery," Russ said, nodding towards Sheila.

Bob reached across the table to shake Sheila's hand.

"These two gentlemen are my head of operations and head of finance, Ed Strauss and John Nash."

After a near comical round of hand shaking, everyone took a seat. The receptionist appeared with a tray of bottled water and some pastry, placing them in the center of the table before leaving the room.

Sheila cleared her throat to garner everyone's attention.

"We've prepared a presentation in response to your request for a proposal. Since you're seeking to upgrade all of your systems, this is a great opportunity for you to obtain the full benefit of such a change. We are proposing three different options for you, each with a different cost point and range of benefits."

"Okay, let's see what you've got," replied Bob.

Sheila got up and dimmed the lights, then started the presentation. Russ watched Sheila as she spoke. He knew she was angry that Bob had come over to him upon entering the room, even though she was the lead on this. She worked hard to achieve success, and did not care for being taken lightly because she was a woman. An attractive woman. Tall, with sandy blonde hair that fell to her shoulders and sporting a fabulous figure, Sheila downplayed her beauty as best she could. She wore glasses that she didn't need, nearly always wore her hair up, and her clothing and makeup were always understated and conservative. Some women used their sexuality to try to get ahead in business, but Sheila did not. She felt that once you played that card, you will never have the respect of the men you are doing business with. She was bright, intuitive, and personable. He thought, not for the first time, that Dick was quite a lucky bastard for landing this gem.

The presentation took a little over an hour to complete, and Sheila opened the floor to questions once she had finished.

"Thank you for the work it took to put that together," Bob said to her. "Three different platforms, three different options. The one thing I didn't hear is why we should use an integrator at all. Why wouldn't we just work with the software vendor for implementation?"

"You can, and many people do," replied Sheila.

Ed gave her a questioning look, and let out a sarcastic chuckle. "So why are you here then?" he asked with irritation in his voice.

"Ed," admonished Bob with a grimace. "How about we let her speak?"

"It's okay," said Sheila with a smile. "It's actually a very good question."

"Our business is predicated on service. I will be truthful and tell you that this implementation is a significant project for our company. However, our bread and butter is ongoing support. A satisfied client will continue to work with us. That is a win-win for everyone. That is how both companies succeed."

Bob nodded at Sheila. "Go on."

"We have a team that is dedicated to your company. If you have a problem, you won't end up on the phone with a fellow supposedly named Todd, sitting in a cubicle in a foreign land, speaking a dialect of English that you can't quite understand."

Ed chuckled at that in spite of his challenging attitude.

"You will have direct access to members of your dedicated team, all day, every day of the year. We won't try to sell you modules that you have no need for. We strive for your trust, and we behave in a trustworthy manner to earn that trust. Of course, we will save you money on implementation too. Our billing rates are significantly less than the billing rates the software vendors will charge."

John spoke up for the first time. "Wouldn't the software vendors understand the product better?" he asked.

"Not really," Russ chimed in. "I worked as a development consultant for two of these companies. I was more involved in development than nearly anyone else in these companies. These folks move resources around as needed. That works for some things, but you end up with an awful lot of half knowledgeable people using that approach. I know what these systems can and can't do, and I won't lie to you about their capabilities."

The question and answer period continued for about forty five minutes, and Russ shared some technical information with a member of the client's technology staff. Finally, Bob glanced at his watch.

"I have another meeting coming up soon," he said. He reached a hand out to Sheila, and they shook. "I'm sorry I underestimated you," he said.

Sheila smiled. "I hadn't noticed."

"I thought you said you were truthful," Bob replied with a raised eyebrow and a grin. "You did a great job, and you know your shit."

"Thank you, Bob. It was a pleasure."

They all shook hands and exchanged pleasantries, and the receptionist guided Russ and Sheila back to the exit. The meeting had gone very well, and Sheila had to contain her glee as they walked to the car. Once they were seated, Russ started the engine and looked over at Sheila.

"Damn. You did an incredible job in there. Hell, you even managed to pull a smile out of that grump Ed."

"Thanks, Russ. We make a pretty damned good team, don't we?"

"Seems like it. I'd be shocked if we don't get a green light on this one."

"You and me both," responded Sheila.

They drove back to the hotel making small talk, high on their performances. When they arrived, Russ gave the key to the valet, and he and Sheila went into the bar. They each ordered a celebratory glass of wine and sat at the bar to savor what they hoped would be a victory.

"What time is your train back to New York?" asked Russ.

"Not until seven. I made a late reservation in case we got caught up late."

"Makes sense. I wish I was going back," said Russ with a wink. I have meetings the next two days. I'll make do. I think I'll have dinner in the north end tonight. I love the Italian restaurants there. Choosing which one is always the toughest part."

"If you're trying to make me jealous, you are," quipped Sheila.

"Never crossed my mind," chuckled Russ.

"Well, as long as I'm here, I may take in a spa treatment this afternoon."

"Decadent. I have some work to do, but I'm going to get a workout in, and maybe a swim."

"Work will be there tomorrow, Russ. You should reward yourself today."

"Maybe," Russ replied. He excused himself to use the rest room. While he was gone, a somewhat inebriated man approached Sheila, plopping down onto the stool next to her.

"Is this seat taken?" he asked with a slight slur. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"I have one," Sheila responded.

"Well how about another, then?"

He was leaning in toward Sheila, causing her to lean away from him. Russ returned at this point, sizing up Sheila's body language. He walked over to the other side of her and slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her close to him. She had seen him approach from the mirrored wall behind the bar, and she leaned into him, happy that he had caught what was going on.

"Are you ready to go, honey?" he asked, loud enough for the man to hear.

The drunk looked over and nodded at Russ.

"Sorry. I thought she was here alone."

"I guess I shouldn't leave my beautiful date unattended. I'll remember that next time," Russ snapped. He guided Sheila out of the bar, his arm still around her waist. She giggled as they walked through the lobby.

"Can I keep my bag in your room until I leave? I left it at the desk, but I need it if I'm going to the spa."

"Sure. We'll ask for another key too."

They approached the desk, and the clerk obtained Sheila's bag and provided them with another room key. They rode up the elevator and walked down the hall, and Russ opened the door, allowing Sheila to enter first. She tossed her suitcase on the luggage rack in the room, opening it and rummaging around for something to wear to the spa. She found what she was looking for, holding it up.

"Can I use the bathroom?" she asked Russ.

"Sure, go ahead. I'll go in after you."

While Sheila was busy, Russ dug through his luggage and located his bathing suit, a t-shirt and athletic shoes. He replied to a few emails as he waited, and several minutes later Sheila emerged from the bathroom. She had let her hair down and removed the glasses, and was wearing black yoga pants and a workout tank. Russ had to will himself to look away, because she looked incredible to him.

She gave him a smile and moved to the door.

"Okay, toodles. Off to the spa," she said.

"Have fun. I guess I'll see you before you leave, but if not, great job again."

Sheila smiled again, and left the room.

Russ changed into his gym clothes, grabbed a key, and left the room. He made his way into the fitness center, and as usually happened when he traveled, he had to make do with the limited equipment available to him. He worked out for nearly an hour, then walked into the adjoining pool area, grabbing a few towels and finding a lounge chair. He removed his shirt and shoes, then lowered himself into the pool. He started to swim laps, moving effortlessly though the water.

He had been swimming for about ten minutes when Sheila appeared and took up residence on a chair at one end of the pool. She didn't realize that Russ was the swimmer, at least then. Reclining in the chair, she grabbed her cell phone and called her mom, discussing the trip and various other life happenings. As she spoke, she was mindlessly watching Russ swim, admiring his form, movement, and physique. She wasn't consciously doing so, but she was transfixed. Sheila finished her call and hung up, then glanced at the swimmer once more, this time conscious that she was leering. Damn, she thought. That guy is freaking hot!

A moment later, Sheila blushed bright red when Russ climbed from the pool and walked in her general direction. He grabbed a towel from a chair a few spots down from where she was sitting.

"How was the spa," he asked her.

"Ah...it was fine," Sheila replied, half fumbling for words. Had he seen her staring, she wondered? "I think I'll take a swim myself," she said, standing and removing her cover up.

Russ quickly glanced at her as she approached the pool. She was wearing a black one piece Speedo suit, and it looked wonderful on her. Sheila entered the water quickly, diving under the surface and swimming to the far end of the pool. She splashed around down there for a while, calming herself, before finally leaving the pool and returning to her chair.

Swilly
Swilly
598 Followers