Innocent Sins

Story Info
A loving husband tells how he discovered his wife cheating.
3.3k words
4.36
146.1k
82
0

Part 1 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 02/01/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a little different than my other stories but it was written with a little help from my own talented wife at the request of a persistent reader. You know who you are. Hope you enjoy.

***

Have you ever loved someone so much that loving them nearly destroyed you?

My name is Jake and I met my wife, Heather, in college. I know it sounds stereotypical, but I was the dumb jock, and she was the mousy brain. Our chemistry professor paired us together in lab, and I guess you could say we mixed a little chemistry of our own. Truth be told, Heather always hates it when I joke around and call myself a "dumb jock." Sure, I was on the football team and liked to party with my teammates, but I had been raised in a big Christian family - I had four older brothers and two younger sisters. Our parents had raised us to be respectful and old-fashioned in a lot of ways, so I was usually the one guy on the team who made sure no one did anything they shouldn't be doing. All I know is, I was taught a solid foundation of what was right from wrong, and as long as I stayed out of trouble and kept my grades up, I was on the right path. As far as my attitude toward women, I might have played around with a lot of gorgeous co-eds in college, but I was always on the lookout for that one special girl who would capture my heart and challenge my mind. I knew when I found her, I would treat her the way my father had always treated my mother - with absolute respect and total fidelity.

It's corny, really, but I still remember the first moment I laid eyes on that woman. It wasn't that she was all that pretty or even attractive. Hell, she wasn't even my type, which usually leaned toward the petite blonde. Heather was tall and had glasses, she wore her dark hair pulled back, no makeup, and wore the most god-awful, unflattering clothes. I can't explain it any other way than to say that I just felt this...tug whenever I looked at her. She'd felt it too, or so she later said.

I was a couple of years older than her, a junior to her freshman, and we couldn't have been more different, really. I'd been on the football team, popular, living large until the day my heart was captured by those innocent, luscious baby blue eyes of hers. Heather hadn't had a clue how gorgeous she was either. I found out later that her mother had died from cancer when Heather was only nine, and she'd been left with just her father and older sister Cassie, who had each worked all the time just to pay off medical bills, credit card debt and to save for Heather's college tuition. Basically, Heather had had to practically raise herself as a result and hadn't ever really been shown how to act and dress like most of her peers.

She'd hid herself behind those baggy clothes, no makeup and wild, unstyled hair. But her smile had been more genuine than any of those on the cheerleaders I'd dated before her, and when she spoke, I could hear how much more mature she was than others our age. When we talked, we talked about things we both really cared about, like family and friends and hobbies. I found myself telling her things I'd never told anyone before. And as cheesy as it might sound, yeah, she'd made me want to be a better man; Heather had been so damn naive and innocent, so needy for someone to love and love her in return. It had been a real chore to convince her I was really interested in her and not playing some cruel joke. The more I'd gotten to know her, the harder I'd fallen. I've thanked God every day since that she felt the same way about me.

All in all, I think it took me a year to convince her I was interested in her as more than just a friend. When I graduated, I enrolled in the Marines because my athletic scholarships hadn't covered my entire tuition, and my family was too dirt poor to be able to help me out. I figured joining the Marines would be a good way to pay off my tuition and, hell, I have to admit I was trying to impress Heather. We both cried the day I shipped off, and I knew then she was the woman I would spend the rest of my life with. We kept in touch through letters and talking on the phone, and even though the Marines damned near killed me at first, I doubt I'd be the man I am today if it hadn't been for that experience. It taught me discipline, patience, integrity, and most of all, not to take things for granted. One day while on leave, I drove three hours in the middle of the night just to propose to Heather in her dorm room. She couldn't hide the love in her eyes until she seemed to rethink and decided I had to be joking. It took me two damned months after that to convince her I was serious, only when I finally had enough money saved to buy her a decent ring and pulled a few favors with my old football coach. During halftime of the homecoming game, I joined the team on the field and in front of God and everyone else asked the woman to marry me over the loud speaker. I suppose such a public proposal had convinced her I was serious because she'd finally said yes with no more doubts in her eyes.

She came to our wedding bed a virgin, two months after she graduated college. Like most young couples, we struggled to make ends meet for a couple of years, but even though we were pretty much dirt poor, I don't think either of us had ever been so happy. Heather slowly worked her way up the corporate ladder as an accountant while I found a medium of success working with computer systems. I could have continued with a lucrative career in the military my record was so good, but Heather had been so damned worried about me all the time that I ended my career with the Marines after my two-year obligation and became an IT specialist. We didn't have much at first, but at least she didn't worry so much. At night, we would curl up together in our lumpy, tired old bed and make love until neither of us could keep our eyes open anymore. Sometimes when we thought we were too tired to make out, we would simply rent a movie and curl up together on the sofa to relax. Even so, it never took us long to start caressing each other, and we shared some pretty passionate nights frolicking on whichever piece of furniture we happened to be closest to.

I landed a pretty lucrative job about three years ago, and we were able to finally move into a fairly large house with nicer furniture. Heather really came out of her shell then, and I'd been petrified I'd lose her to someone else. She'd undergone a dramatic makeover...not that I'd cared, of course. I'd loved her just as she was, but I'd been proud to see her confidence grow as she'd developed a new style. The shy bookworm had metamorphosed into a sexy, sleek professional woman. She'd started turning heads, and I had gotten worried other men would try to take her away from me. But Heather...my dear, sweet wife...had smiled sweetly and sworn I had nothing to worry about. It was me she loved. She would never, ever think of being unfaithful to me, she'd sworn, and she'd even seemed quite shocked and angry that I would even think it was possible. She'd insisted she was making herself over for me, but I sensed she was also trying to prove something to herself and to her co-workers.

We both became in greater demand, career-wise, and even though we led busier lives, it didn't mean we loved each other any less. In fact, we were finally thinking of starting a family around this time last year. We'd never wanted to share each other with a child before, we'd both been so greedy for each other, but we knew we were reaching the point of no return. Heather was almost 30, and we wanted to be young enough to enjoy raising a child if we decided to have one.

Seemingly, our life together was perfect. Then, eight months ago, my wife came home one day with a sort of pole-axed expression on her beautiful face.

"Sweetheart, do you remember my old friend, Ty?"

Sure I did. He'd been on the basketball team in college and had gone on to play professionally for the Lakers. I knew she'd tutored him and had become friends with him before I'd even met her. I told her as much.

As I urged her to lay her tired feet in my lap for a massage, she said, "Well, he came into the office today. He's just moved to the area to start up a business, and he's hired Cox, Smith and Franklin to handle all of his accounting."

"Really? What kind of business?" I wondered aloud, quickly getting distracted by the feel and look of her long, sexy legs across my lap.

"Believe it or not, he's co-owner of that chain of gyms - you know, the one that just opened off Washington Street? Mmmm, honey, that feels wonderful. Don't stop," she moaned before adding, "Anyway, he's got at least 20 gyms across the nation, and they're all doing extremely well. It's going to be a pretty lucrative account, and Mr. Smith put me in charge of it today."

"That's great, honey, " I said, changing the tone of my foot massage by letting my hands travel further up her legs. My teasing had the desired effect. Heather's eyes became very dark, almost drugged, as she looked at me and moaned.

"You have very naughty hands, Mr. Devlin," she purred huskily. "You're about to make me forget to ask you if we can have dinner with Ty tomorrow night. He invited us, but I said I'd have to get back to him."

"Sure, whatever you want, Mrs. Devlin," I told her, pulling my hands away as if I were done. I knew it would drag a response out of her and it did. Slowly, she slid herself onto my lap, grabbed hold of my tie, pulled me forward and devoured my mouth with her lips and tongue. It didn't take me long to work her out of her skirt and panties and for her to wiggle me out of my pants. Grasping my thick, hard cock in her sweet, loving hands, she caressed me tenderly while her tongue did wicked things down my throat. Pulling back, she positioned herself to bend and capture my cock in her mouth, wringing a tortured moan from my chest. "Oooh, yeah, you're so good at that," I told her softly, leaning back and enjoying the sensations. She lured me to the brink and then pulled back, only to reposition herself on my lap. With one hand, she sheathed me and then guided my cock between her legs. We both groaned when I slid inside her wet warmth with the ease of someone who'd been there many times.

She rode me fast and hard and it didn't take either one of us long to reach our climax. When she reached the edge, I toppled along after her, flooding the condom with my potent seed. As we both struggled to recapture our breath, Heather clasped me tight, stringing small, loving kisses along my jaw and mouth.

"I love you, Jake. So very much."

"Not as much as I love you," I told her, as I always did.

She smiled and buried her face in my neck, saying dreamily, "Maybe next time, we can do it without a condom. I'm off the pill, you know."

I smiled. She'd been off the pill for a couple of weeks, but we still used a condom. I suppose subconsciously neither of us had made the final committment to having a child yet. It was as if we wanted one, but we refused to give each other up to have it.

The ringing of the telephone interrupted that train of thought, and Heather wiggled off my lap to answer it. I could tell from her side of the conversation that it was her friend Ty, and he wanted to know if we'd made a decision about dinner. I watched as she glanced at me, looking almost nervous, and answered, "Yes, we'd love to. When and where?"

A few nights later, we met Ty at a fancy restaurant downtown. Heather was almost dressed down, I noticed, considering I'd grown used to seeing her go all out for business dinners and social events. Instead of wearing her long, dark hair sexily curled, she left it straight and pulled back at her nape. Instead of her favorite red dress, she pulled on a black slip dress that flattered her none-the-less. I figured she considered Ty an old enough friend that she didn't feel the need to overly impress him.

I can't say I was even bothered by the way I caught the black man looking at my wife when he didn't think I was watching that night. I felt secure enough in our love, and remembered Ty well enough to consider him a good guy, to be bothered by it. Besides, I knew Ty and Heather had been pretty good friends until I'd come along and she'd started spending all of her time with me. I suppose I still felt a little guilty about ruining their friendship, so when Ty asked Heather if she minded helping him decorate his new home, I encouraged her to do it, wanting to make ammends.

She glanced at me nervously, as if she wanted to say something, but then just shook it off and told Ty, "Of course I'd be glad to help. After all, what are friends for?"

Later that night though, as we lay entwined in our comfortable bed, Heather asked, "Are you sure you don't mind me spending so much time with Ty? Between my doing his books and helping with his house, you and I might lose our evenings together."

I squashed back the sudden urge to say, "In that case, forget it," and just shrugged, admitting, "I would love to keep you all to myself, but I also know Ty was a good friend of yours a long time ago. I don't want to stand in the way of you rediscovering that friendship any more than I already have." Then I playfully added, "Just make sure he knows to keep his grubby hands off my woman, and I'll be fine."

She smiled and kissed me. "I love you, you know."

"I know," I smiled back.

Over the next few weeks, Heather's time seemed to be taken up more and more by the other man, and yeah, I did get jealous, but I never said anything, not wanting to upset my wife. Like I said, I trusted her completely, and each night, she showed me how much she still loved me when she took me inside of her with a passion that still left me breathless just remembering it. I had no complaints in that department at all.

When Ty's house was finished, he decided to throw a party and invited us to attend. Heather reverted back to type and donned her sexiest red dress, curled her long, dark hair and spent over an hour putting on makeup. The result was absolutely stunning. She was easily the sexiest woman in the room. I teased her after we arrived that every man in the room was going to hit on her.

"They can hit on me all they want. You're the one I'm going home with," she pointed out.

Throughout the night, we mingled with Ty's newest friends, many of whom were employees or customers at his gym, and I was deep in discussion with one man about the Braves when Ty appeared at Heather's other side. He said there were some friends of his who wanted to meet the person who helped make his home look so lovely, so I nodded and told Heather to go have fun. With hindsight, I'd say she almost looked as though she wanted to protest, but her polite manners forced her to smile and agree to be whisked away. I watched Ty lead her up the stairway where a couple stood discussing a painting, before once again losing myself in conversation.

I lost track of time as I found myself enjoying the party. When I realized Heather had been gone for over half an hour, I decided I'd better go rescue her in case she was trapped in a dull conversation somewhere. I started to worry when I couldn't find her, and was wondering what to do when I spotted her coming down the stairs. Reaching her side, I let her know I'd been looking for her. I wasn't certain, but I think she turned a little pale at that.

"I was in the bathroom," she confessed, and I realized suddenly that she didn't look well. The skin at her neck looked flushed, and her hair had come undone in a few places, the way it did when she fidgeted with it. My suspicions were confirmed when she whispered, "Can we please leave? I really don't feel well and would like to lie down."

When we got home, she went straight into the bathroom and showered. She emerged almost an hour later still looking quite pitiful, almost as if she'd been crying. I urged her to get some rest, and she curled up at my side like a lost little kitten seeking protection. I smiled, wishing I were strong enough to protect her from whatever illness she had.

In a small, weak voice, she suddenly asked, "Do you really have to go out of town for a week?"

So that was what was bothering her, I realized. I'd found out yesterday I was scheduled to fly to Seattle for a week on business in a few days. Caressing her hair, I sighed regretfully. "I'm afraid so. There's no one else available, and if I don't go, I'm likely to lose my job."

She clutched at me, pouting, "I don't want you to go. Not now. Oh god, especially not now."

Puzzled at what she meant by that, I started to ask when she suddenly lifted up and kissed me like there was no tomorrow. "Make love to me," she begged. "I need you to show me you still love me."

"Of course I love you," I reassured her. Our lovemaking was tender and passionate, and for the first time I realized neither one of us had used protection. Good lord, had we done it? Had we finally made a baby?

It was that thought that kept me giddy the entire week I was gone, and I found I couldn't wait to get back home to Heather to confirm my suspicions. I completed a few shortcuts and managed to get the job done faster than anyone had anticipated. I tried calling Heather, but when she didn't answer her office phone that afternoon, I made the decision to surprise her with my early arrival.

If I'd only known then that I was the one who would get the surprise of his life, I probably would have never come home at all...

(To be continued)