Interview with a Domme Ch. 01

Story Info
Erica gets and begins her interview.
6.5k words
4.5
18.9k
8

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/16/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A two part story of a young reporter getting her big break in being assigned to do a feature article about real life Female Led Relationships


As Erica approached the destination for her appointment in the upscale middle class neighborhood she had to admit to being a bit nervous and unsettled. Nervous because this was her big break, her first solo feature article. Over the past several years she had worked her way up from very local weekly papers, to being a cub reporter on the large daily newspaper, again assigned to the local news scene, to finally being promoted to a position as researcher and writer for the Life and Social section of the paper. She had participated and had been given a fourth, and even at times a third contributing reporter byline on a number of major articles, but this would be the first feature that would be hers alone. Her editor had even indicated that if done well it might even be the lead article in the Sunday section.

As big an opportunity as this was, she was unsettled because of the subject matter. Her editor wanted her to investigate and explore a social phenomenon that had apparently been gaining a lot of buzz on the internet and blogosphere, what was being referred to in a variety of forums as Female Led Relationships (FLRs), or Wife Dominant Marriages (WDMs). Erica couldn't help but initially notice how close the latter acronym was to the more commonly used and understood WMDs, and she wondered idly if the two might share some common thread. Her editor had been adamant however that she wanted a serious examination of the topic, not how it might usually be comically treated in the mainstream media, but how it might actually exist in real life, as the web suggested was occurring more and more frequently. What were the participants like, what did it all entail, how did it work, and to what level and degree? Her editor believed that the time was long past due for a legitimate look at a subject and lifestyle that seemed to be growing and developing in the shadows, and she felt the Erica was just the reporter and writer to bring it to the light of day in a fair, interesting and thought provoking way.

Despite her own self confidence in her abilities, and flattered by her editor's selection of her for such a choice assignment, Erica was not as sure. She had covered and written about topics where she had strong personal opinions that were in variance with the subject, but she had always prided herself at being a professional able to put those aside and be as objective as possible. But she wondered if she would be able to do so as effectively in this case. She just didn't understand, or get in her gut, the underlying concept. Oh, she could understand on an intellectual level the episodic sexual thrill some might derive from this particular kink, even if it did nothing for her, but how anyone could build a solid sustaining relationship and lifestyle around it seemed beyond her. Real relationships were about give and take, compromise, and acceptance of equality between the partners. Sure, there was always struggle and stress to achieve and maintain this, but that was the only way that she could see how any relationship could work, even as it took real work to do so.

Not that she had been overly successful in her own life in maintaining relationships with men. She had had a number over the years but none had ever advanced very far. Maybe it was her inquisitive, always asking questions nature, which was inherent in her personality yet vital to her occupation, that had proved to be too much for the men she had been involved with in her life thus far. She hadn't lost faith however that there was a Mr. Right out there, who was strong enough to accept her and love her for who and how she was.

That perhaps was the basic difficulty which she had in understanding and potentially dealing with, even on a superficial professional level, these so called FLRs and WDMs. It wasn't just the inequality implied. She supposed that in many otherwise successful relationships one of the partners could be more of the take charge person, even if it wasn't always the man. But that wouldn't mean absolutely ruling over the other person, as seemed to the case and desire in these WDMs. How weak must such a man be to allow his partner to walk all over him in every facet of their relationship. What possibly could be the attraction of such a man, except to a woman who reveled in humiliating and even causing pain in someone else, even if the recipient liked and desired it. Erica didn't think that she could relate to either type of person.

But this assignment was too big an opportunity to blow, and she resolved to bury her biases as best she could and dedicate herself to writing as fair and as interesting an article as she was able. Not knowing quite where to start she turned first to the web, where her editor had apparently gotten the idea. She began perusing and familiarizing herself with the surprisingly innumerable sites that dealt with sadomasochism (SM), bondage and discipline (BD), and domination and submission (D/s), which seemed to be the basis and core of the subject at hand. She had never before had any inclination to sample what she came to believe had to be predominantly male viewed venues. But she had a job to do, and after immersing herself for a time in these sites, she once again not only couldn't see the attraction, she also came to realize that these sites, for the most part, only dealt with fantasies. She supposed that some people might actually want to dabble in them for a kinky experience, but she strongly doubted that anyone could realistically live them on a full time basis. This really couldn't be what she was being asked to explore.

With this avenue of investigation thus seemingly fruitless except for her own 'educational' purposes, Erica began to search for related blogs. She once again discovered far more of them than she had expected, including a fairly large number purportedly posted by women, as much as one could trust the web in that respect. She again thought that most of the blogs also seemed to be designed for titillation rather than information, but she did come across a few that did appear to be trying to present an honest view of the lifestyle which the bloggers claimed to be living.

She began to read these few blogs far more extensively and in depth, and with one in particular she began to take advantage of the reader comment section to pose questions that she hoped would spark some meaningful and informative discussion. Unfortunately, when anyone would respond to any of her queries, which wasn't very often, it was only in the most general and unsatisfactory way. Though she had been given a three month deadline for her article, she began to feel that she wasn't making the necessary connections for the type of personal commentary which she felt the story needed. Not knowing how else to proceed she took a chance, and in the comment section of the same blog she went on to identify herself , by name, as a reporter who was very interested in writing a serious and in depth article on the D/s femdom lifestyle, and would welcome a discussion with anyone involved who would like to share their experiences. She left her email address for responses.

While she hadn't been sure of what type of reaction her straightforward invitation might generate, she wasn't quite prepared for the deluge of almost universal condemnation that resulted. Among the many different negative attacks were those accusing her of betraying a trust on the blog, and others of her simply being a voyeur. No one seemed to believe that she had any intention of producing anything more than a one sided media hatchet job.

Erica was stung by this onslaught, and although she thought the critics were being far too defensive and unfair, she did have to concede that her own underlying opinion on the whole concept was substantially negative, and that maybe there was more than a germ of truth in their concerns. Just as these mainly antagonistic posts began to peter out, and she was beginning to truly despair that she was not going to be able to effectively and fairly gather enough real and personal information to present the in depth and enlightening view that the assignment demanded, she received one last email. It was from a woman named Amy, who indicated that she and her husband were indeed living in a 24/7 D/s femdom relationship, and that she might be interested in relating her thoughts on the subject to the outside world. She did have two conditions before proceeding however. The first was that she had to verify that Erica was whom and what she said she was, and the second was that if so, any subsequent article written would change their names to protect their privacy.

Erica immediately posted back agreeing to both conditions and gave both the name of her newspaper and her editor, leaving it to Amy to independently make the appropriate inquiries. She then sat on pins and needles until two days later her editor let her know that Amy had indeed contacted her by phone through the newspaper, and had seemed convinced of Erica's legitimacy. A day later Erica received a new post from Amy proposing a meeting for the interview and it was rapidly set up for a week later at Amy's home. It was to this arranged appointment on a mid Saturday afternoon that Erica was driving.

Her GPS brought her to the lovely cul-de-sac, but without Amy's emailed directions she would have had difficulty finding the driveway to her house. It wound down and around about fifty yards before coming to a modern and somewhat eclectic appearing two story home. Though clearly in a neighborhood with other homes in the distance, it was set apart in a small valley surrounded by a wide variety of trees which afforded a very pleasant bucolic ambiance, and a significant degree of privacy as well. Gathering up her equipment, and to some extent her courage as she clearly didn't know quite what to expect, she proceeded to the front door.

Moments after ringing the chimed doorbell she was met as the door opened by a smiling, strikingly handsome man. Standing about six foot two, he was athletically built, and Erica judged him to be in his mid to late thirties. He was wearing a black crew neck sweater with a gray collared shirt beneath, and black slacks and shoes. She took all of this in with her reporter's eye in the few seconds it took for him to greet her.

"You must be Miss Erica." he greeted her enthusiastically. "Come in, please."

"Um, yes ... Erica Brown." she responded, taken a bit off stride by the appellation as she was ushered in. "I guess you were expecting me."

"Yes, of course. It's a very great pleasure to meet you. My name is Raef, and anything that I can do for you while you're here please don't hesitate to let me know."

"Well, thank you ... Raef."

"It would be my privilege. Now, Miss Amy is dying to meet you as well. Let me take you to her in the living room."

Following him through several immaculately clean, well appointed yet cozy rooms, they finally came to the living room where she was again slightly confounded. While she hadn't really anticipated a larger than life, leather clad, booted, whip wielding femme fatale, she wasn't quite prepared for the petite, almost pixie-ish, vivacious seeming woman who was seated in an easy chair when they entered, but who bounded up and over to greet her. Erica judged her to be no more than five foot two, slim with wavy brown hair that reached just above her shoulders. Undeniably pretty and cute, she certainly did not exude the severe, elegant appearance that one might have been expecting. She was wearing a powder blue silk blouse with a pleated navy blue skirt that extended just below the knees of her bare legs. Her feet were adorned with a pair of open toed pumps.

"Hi, I'm Amy." she said with a huge smile. "It's really nice to finally meet the real person behind the computer screen."

Erica smiled back. "I agree. Yes, I'm Erica Brown and it's very nice to meet you as well."

"Did you have any trouble finding the place?"

"No, my GPS got me to the cul-de-sac and then your directions guided me home. I might have missed the driveway otherwise."

"Yes, we are a little off the beaten track back here, but that does have its advantages. I was thinking of having Raef stand at the top of the driveway to wait for you, but I didn't want to scare you away."

"Oh I think that I'm a bit more resilient that that. And Raef," turning back to him and smiling, "doesn't look all that frightening to me."

"Well he's not of course, but I didn't know what you might be expecting so I thought it best to let you just meet us both here. In any event I'm sure that you'd like to get started, but before we dive into it, Raef's prepared some small refreshments." she said, indicating a platter of cheese and canapes on the table between two easy chairs. "What would you like to drink to go with it? We have iced tea, sparkling water, soda, even wine or beer if you'd like."

"No alcohol. I am at work after all." she added to make sure it was understood that this wasn't a social visit despite appearances, "but a glass of iced tea would be lovely."

"Great." Amy turned and nodded to her husband.

"Right away, Ma'am." he acknowledged and ventured off immediately.

Amy then guided Erica over to one of the two easy chairs, an overstuffed, very comfortable recliner. After Erica had settled down in it Amy went over to the other chair and sat on the edge. She then picked up the platter of cheese and canapes and offered it to Erica who sampled one, to be polite. A moment later Raef returned with a tray carrying two tall glasses of iced tea, each garnished with a lemon slice and a mint leaf. After serving Erica first and then Amy, he placed the tray on a side table and then came back and knelt down by the side of Amy's chair, facing Erica, sitting back on his heels. Amy placed her near hand possessively on the top of his head, then ran her fingers lightly down the back of his neck. Seeing the slightly quizzical look on Erica's face, she explained.

"I thought it would be useful to have Raef here with us during the interview in case you had any questions for him along the way. And if we need anything he's right here to fetch it for us. Of course, if you mind ..."

"No, no, not at all." Erica assured her. "I don't mind at all." although she was a bit disconcerted by the scene. Despite his exceedingly pleasant and docile appearance, she couldn't quite shake the impression of him in this position as almost like a guard dog. Still, this was part of what she had come to explore first hand.

"Great. Well, I'm sure that you'd like to get started. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about the whole thing. I've never done anything like this before."

"It's going to be fine. I don't bite, believe me." She then winced internally about making such a reference to a self proclaimed Domme. "I'd like you to do most of the talking any way. It's your story that the readers will be interested in. I'll just try to guide the conversation and maybe ask for clarification now and then." In reality Erica did want Amy to do most of the talking, but she did have a list of general questions in mind to fall back on in case she needed to step in to stop the Domme from potentially hijacking the interview if she happened to go on with a prolonged personal polemic. "As we agreed your names will be changed for the article, as will any personal and specific geographic references, to protect your privacy." Erica pulled out her tape recorder and placed it on the table. "With your permission I'd like to tape the interview, both to help with my recollection when I'm actually writing the piece, and also in the end to protect us all is case any of us feels that anything in the final article isn't quite right or doesn't represent fairly what was actually said. And we'll both get a copy of the transcript."

"I think that's a very good idea."

"Okay then," Erica said with a smile as she leaned forward to turn on the recorder. "Shall we begin?"

"Yes." Amy said a bit hesitantly. "But before you ask any of your questions I'd like to say something for the record that I want to be sure is stated first and foremost in my part of the written article."

"Of course Amy. What is it you'd like to start off by saying?"

Amy took a deep breath. This had not been an easy decision for her, even as she had been the one to make the first contact, and she did want her story to be told. But she had cast her lot and it was time to get on with it, whatever the consequences.

"I just want to make it very clear from the outset, to you and your future readers, that I love my husband with my whole heart and soul, and that his happiness and well being is of the utmost and paramount importance in my life." She turned her face to look at Raef kneeling beside her and she smiled. "And I know he adores me." she said as she ran the back of her hand softly across the side of his face, and Erica saw him lean, almost imperceptibly, into it with a dreamy look.

"The lifestyle and relationship we have and are living today didn't happen overnight nor start at the very beginning," she continued. "We've been together for over ten years and married for eight. We both had our inclinations from the start, and once we came to fully trust one another early on we began to play with them more and more. As time went on however, we began to realize and understand that these inclinations were more than just kink for both of us, that they were a vital part of who and what we are, to ourselves and to each other, and so our relationship began to slowly grow and evolve into what it is today. And we're still growing and evolving as we continually discover new things about each other in this lifestyle that make each other tick. But it's always from the basis of caring for and about each other, with our love and trust for one another as the bedrock." She paused almost as if embarrassed. "I just wanted to be sure to make that clear to everyone." she added softly. She then nodded to herself and smiled once again. "Okay then Erica. Your turn. Fire away."

Erica had not been expecting that kind of exposition to begin the interview and she was intrigued. But it was as good a place to start as any to begin the exploration.

"Everything you just said in your obviously heartfelt statement, Amy, would seem to be what every 'traditional' couple would be trying to achieve and aspire to in a relationship. What is it about yours that makes it different?"

Amy took a few moments to collect her thoughts before proceeding. "I guess if I could sum it up with one word it would be 'disparity'."

"Disparity? What do you mean by that?"

Another few seconds Then ...

"I think most 'traditional' couples as you call them approach their relationships trying to achieve some form of equality. Not that they seek or accomplish it in every feature of their lives, but the goal is not to seek primacy over one another in any significant way. Raef and I are just the opposite. We strive and embrace disparity with each other in every way that we can."

"Can you give me some examples of what you mean?"

"Let me think a moment." and she then took several more. "Okay," she finally continued, "I'll try to come up with a few. Let me see then ... ' starting slowly, "How about ..."

" ... I rest, he works ..."

" ... I mess, he cleans ..."

" ... I sit, he kneels ..."

" ... I speak, he listens ..."

" ... He suggests, I decide ..."

" ... I order, he obeys ..."

She paused a moment, then continued, smiling.

"... I'm clothed, he's naked ..."

She paused again and her smile grew wider.

" ... I cum, he doesn't ..."

She tousled his hair affectionately. "That's not an exhaustive list of course, but I think it gives you the flavor. And we're always looking for new ways in every facet of our lives to further express ourselves this way. But the most important thing to emphasize is that we both do fully embrace and revel in it, and it fuels every aspect of our lives together." She stopped once again. "Is that enough?"

12