Into His Arms Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
minnie689
minnie689
163 Followers

She'd never met a more intimidating man in her life. She was used to men in the pack either ignoring her in favor of the more attractive she-wolves or them being overtly gentle in their actions and manners towards her, since their size and strengthen difference would send her to the hospital or worse a casket.

She sighed as she cracked the windows to let in some fresh air, the clouds in her mind clearing with the new breeze. She was always exhausted after every encounter with her overzealous suitor, that all she wanted to do was crawl into a cave to recover her bearings, but it wasn't like she could escape him now that it was official she was a part of the pack. As its' Keeper she was now a permanent member of the pack.

'With beta ranking!' She snorted to herself.

Finally reaching the end of the long driveway, she turned onto the moonlit road back into town. Losing herself in the scenery as she sped back towards the town she silently wished she could ask her mother for help in handling her new found men troubles. She knew her mom would have been delighted that she was finally getting some action, but that wasn't the case, seeing as she'd been "dating" Ryon secretly for years. While they had never brought their relationship to light with anyone in the pack, they'd gone on "dates" and trips together under the guise of a platonic relationship, but she would love to go on an actual date where she didn't feel the need to hide her feelings and relationship from curious eyes.

Of course they had never gotten fully intimate. She'd wanted to wait to explain their "new relationship" to their parents before they'd ever crossed a bridge that would've broken the trust that her parents had for them or dismantled the respect of her childhood home.

But she was no blushing Nun, Ryon had taught her many things to make up for the fact that she wouldn't go all the way until "he put a ring on it".

'I'm sure Alik could put his pre-school lessons to shame though...' She gasped shaking her head. 'What the FUCK! Why am I thinking about that jackass! I am not ACTUALLY considering that pretentious bastard's advances as pleasurable?!' Frowning deeply, she leaned forward turning on the radio to find a station to drown her traitorous thoughts in.

~Meanwhile~

***???***

An eerie red glow slipped in between narrow slits high up on a soot covered stone wall. The sparsely set windows barely illuminated the long dark hallway with its lone door at the end. Heat radiated off the walls, forcing all that passed into the middle of the passageway. The high openings added little relief from the temperature, but instead allowed for more heat to enter the inferno.

A slight breeze pushed a thin layer of soot along the floor slowly and irregularly at first. As the gust picked up, the red glow coming from the windows dimmed and causing the hallway to be cast into shadows. Slowly the breeze began to lift up the soot on the floor swirling it into little cyclones. More soot began to seep through the wall, merging with the storm taking shape at the end of the hallway. As it intensified, an outline begins to form in its center, the shape elongating and sprouting the humanoid limbs of a man. As the dust began to settle it becomes more apparent that his skin and features disqualify him as human, but it is his stature that erased all doubt.

He was at least 8 feet tall, his skin gray, but at the same time translucent. It seemed to shimmer in the dim lighting giving him a slight glow that radiated off his skin a few inches. The glow shimmered with dark purples and deep greens giving his form a mystical aura. The hand that reached out to the lone door in the hall was massive against the tiny knob, but the size was not the only abnormal thing about it. What covered its hand was what seemed to cause the creature to glow; small dark purple and deep green scales the size of dimes seemed to sparkle under a thin layer of see through skin like he was coated in acrylic.

As the heavy door swung open on silent hinges the creature ducked its bald head down to enter the dark room. The door swung close as he passed fully into the room, the heat intensifying but the creature did not flinch at the rise in temperature. He kept his head bent in silence as he moved further into the room before falling to his knees under the weight of the oppressive atmosphere.

"Did you find it?" a deep voice ground out, the timber resembling boulders rubbing against each other.

"No my King." His voice came out with a slight hiss to the ends of his words. He continued hurriedly, "When we arrived it was empty, I have my underlings searching for clues to its whereabouts as we speak. I-"

"FOOL! YOU HAVE ALREADY DISPOSED OF HIM!"

"Y-yes my Lord. We were positive about its location that is why we went ahead of schedule. We saw a golden opportunity, since it is hard to get onto those filthy mutt's lands, to take him out. I decided to dispose of him early-"

"AND LOOK WHERE IT HAS US NOW! I DON'T WANT EXCUSES! WHAT LEADS COULD YOU NOW POSSIBLY HAVE OF ITS LOCATION!" The air seemed to vibrate with energy and the temperature rose, doubling itself within in seconds, enough to kill a normal man.

The kneeling figure flinched at the anger in his Lords voice before continuing hurriedly, "The two brats he left behind were not in the vehicle with him and his wife. They might know of its whereabouts or have a clue as to where the contents of the box are."

The vibrations ceased and the temperature began to decrease "Before you kill them... make sure I have what I need... I will not tolerate your failure again." The voice faded into the darkness and the oppressive aura fading with it.

The lone figure stood slowly bowing low at the waist, before backing out of the room slowly, and closing the door silently.

~~~~

A/N

Thanks for again for your patience and I am truly sorry for the wait! If you made it to the end of this chapter let me explain the delay as briefly as possible:

Halfway through writing this chapter I was involved in a three car collision. I was hit by both vehicles (I wasn't at fault) but fortunately a police officer saw everything! (Yay for dash cam's!) I was injured pretty bad and have been attending physical therapy since the accident. So between work and doctors and my injuries I was not up to writing.

It actually hurt more not being able to finish this chapter for you at least, but my cast prevented a lot of daily activities.

It took longer than expected to find an editor on this site, but I was saved by wonderful new editor LordDarkStar and I would like to thank him for his help as he was truly a beacon of light in this chapter!

Chapter 5 is being written now so hopefully I can release another chapter soon! Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed "Into His Arms" Chapter 4! Please vote, favorite and comment and let me know what you think!

~M~

minnie689
minnie689
163 Followers