Into the Sunlight Ch. 02

Story Info
Charles wakes up.
12.1k words
4.59
10.4k
7

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 06/11/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers

So you made it through chapter one. I hope you enjoyed it. Chapter two is here, so we will continue on our journey with the twins. We even meet Charles' family. Tell me what you think about them. Please, read and relax.

Let me state that all of the events in this story are from my overactive imagination. I am not an expert on anything legal or military. Please take this in consideration when reading.

Thanks once again to Andi for editing this piece. Also, please vote and comment.

All characters are 18 or older.

*****

Chapter 2

Camirra sat in her father's hospital room. Darius was sleeping. She cried silently. If she had listened, then this could have been avoided.

All of a sudden, she heard a loud commotion outside of her father's door. She walked out. The nurse was physically restraining her sister in law, Charleshia

When Camirra came out, Charleshia attacked. "Bitch, you're the reason my brother might die. I told him to leave your trifling ass alone. If he dies bitch, you're next." She ranted as she charged at Camirra. Security removed her from the premises.

Camirra was shaken and returned to her father's room Darius had awakened. The loud commotion outside of his room broke his slumber. He was still weak, but no one would hurt his baby girl. Camirra sat beside her father's bed. This was not like her. What had she allowed herself to become, a weak, minded, woman that was too afraid of her own shadow. She was not raised to be like this. She looked up and Darius smiled. He saw it in her eyes; Camirra was beginning to realize her worth. He knew it would take time, but with their love and support his baby girl would recover and become the strong woman she was meant to be.

"Daddy, I'm sorry." She whispered.

Darius smiled. He hurt like hell, but at least he was alive. When Derrick and Dad told him he had been in here for a week, he was stunned. Then he learned that Cyn had been arrested and would probably be charged. Darius became upset. That bastard came into their home, threatened them, had a gun to a child's temple, and they were trying to charge his wife for defending them.

His Dad and Nick were visiting when they saw a report on the local news. Marvin started to turn the television off, but Darius stopped him. After the report, Darius lost it. His monitors started beeping, but Marvin begged him to calm down. Darius wasn't listening. They feared he'd need a sedative, and when the nurse came in to give him the medicine, he calmed. Marvin sat with him, and he and Nick just talked. Derrick and Cameron stepped outside when Jasmine walked up. She knew Nick and Marvin were checking on Darius. She checked on him daily and was relieved that he would recover. She, too, was worried about Cynthia in all of this. However, her biggest worry was that Camirra was internalizing things and blaming herself. Her granddaughter was very sensitive, and something like this could push her over the edge.

Darius knew he had to calm down. He had too. Cyn needed him to heal. She needed him in her corner. He was worried. Cyn could not come see him unless she was released. He prayed that they would set bail, but feared that with the hype surrounding this case, it might not happen. Marvin and Nick had to go, but Camirra returned. Both grandfathers greeted her, and soon left leaving her alone with her Dad. He squeezed his daughter's hand. "Sweetheart is there anything new on the case against Cynthia?" He asked.

Camirra shook her head, "No, daddy, not yet. Rory said they go before a judge today. Her lawyer said he'd do everything he can to make sure she is released until they continue proceedings."

Darius nodded. He needed to be with his wife. His daughter sat, and both were quiet. Soon, Darrius sighed, "Camirra babe, can you call the shop for me? Tell Enrique to take over. I'm not sure when I can get back." Darius knew she needed a distraction. She needed to focus on something else, or she would continuously beat herself up over this.

Camirra nodded, and called the shop. The guys were fine and asked about Darius. They wanted to come see him but he was in ICU. Camirra told them he was in a room, and please stop by. They thanked her and told her to give her Dad their best wishes. Then she spoke to Enrique. She gave him Darius's orders and he said he was on top of things.

"Camirra," Darius whispered. "How is Charles? Will he live?"

"He's still unconscious, critical. I really don't know more." Camirra explained.

Darius was frustrated. "Baby girl, he can't die. They'll try to crucify Cyn if he does. Check on him for me." He ordered.

Camirra complied and went to see Charles' nurse. She felt responsible for all that happened. The nurse told her things were the same, no changes. She looked around and saw his mother and her brother in law sitting across from his room. She started to walk over and speak, when his sister stood. Not wanting to have another confrontation, she went back to her father's room.

Camirra entered, and Darius needed to know. "How is he?"

"He's stable, but still unconscious. The nurse said nothing has really changed." She replied.

"Daddy, this is so unfair. Cyn didn't do anything. He shot you. He was going to kill everybody." Camirra began to pace. "I don't understand. This morning, I had to talk to the DA again. His sister wants Cyn charged with attempted murder. I hate Charleshia, just hate her. She is just as evil as Charles." She stopped. I'm so stupid. I ruin everything. She thought, sobbing softly.

"Look at me. Camirra Lace, look at me. None of this is your fault. Charles tried to hurt us, not you. Don't ever blame yourself." He ordered. Darius was worried. The government held military personnel to a higher standard than regular citizens. Even if they proved that she had no choice, the fact that she had weapons training would play against her. He was worried about his wife, but he needed to protect Camirra from knowing.

Meanwhile at the Lower Municipal Courthouse, Cynthia was not alone. Rory, Jason, Dee and their children were there. They didn't understand. That man tried to hurt them and Cynthia protected them. Why were they putting her in jail?

Ashleigh cried and wanted answers. Derreon was worried about his Mom. After the shooting, when she was cuffed, Jason didn't want the children seeing that. However, today, Derreon wanted to see about his Mom. His girls insisted on coming with them.

They did not get a chance to talk with Cynthia, but an officer did take time and explain.

"Look, I know this is upsetting, but Mrs. Granger did almost kill a man. If she were anybody else, this would be an open and shut case. We can't let you see her right now, but I promise you she is all right." The officer explained.

"I want to see my mom. I watch the news. I see how cops treat..." He stopped.

Jason placed his hand on his shoulder. "Derreon, I'm sure Cyn is OK."

Derreon shook his hand off. "He shot my Dad. He had a gun on Ashleigh and he hurt my sister. He should be locked up, not momma." Jason agreed, but going off on the police was not the answer.

Soon Cynthia's lawyer came from the back. He spoke with the family and told them he would do everything he could to get her released. "Cynthia is in good spirits. She knows you all are here. Just wait and they will let some of you in to see her." He explained. He talked with the family a bit more when an officer offered to let them see Cynthia. They bid him goodbye and left.

The first thing Derreon did was rush to his Mom and hugged her. She was wearing an ugly blue suit, with the letters DOC emblazoned on it.

"Baby, I'm fine. We'll get through this. OK." She whispered. Then Tyrianna and Ashleigh hugged her as well. She sat and they talked. Jason remained calm, but Dee was ready to fight somebody. Cynthia smiled at her friend. She remembered that she didn't like Deidre at first, but the other woman would not let that stop them from being friends. Now, she couldn't imagine her life with her.

"Cynthia, we are with you. You did nothing wrong and I know the judge will see that. You'll be out of here soon." She promised as she hugged her friend.

Cynthia smiled, She'd been in worse situations. Hell, even shot before because of a madman. This was a walk in the park. "Dee, I'm fine. The truth will prevail." She stated. The guard signaled that their time was up, and Cyn held her son. "I love you, Derreon. Don't forget that."

Soon they left. Derreon was quiet, and Ashleigh and Tyrianna tried to cheer him up.

All was not lost; Cynthia's arrest reached the desk of her old commander, Admiral Bull. He knew if she shot someone it was because she had no choice. He made a few calls. Within the next few hours she had a new attorney. He walked in and her attorney stepped back. Ivan Delran defended many officers in these types of cases and he never lost. District Attorney Kevin Holmes smiled. Maybe this nightmare could end before it started. He asked the mayor to hold a press conference.

*****

Attorney Delran and DA Holmes stood slightly behind the Chief of Police as he announced that Cynthia Granger had been arrested and would be charged with aggravated assault. The crowd hushed. Only a few cheered, but they were with the activist group.

Many people had questions. When the DA Holmes spoke, he explained that the case would be expedited because of the sensitiveness of its nature and that all parties would be treated justly. That did not sit well with the crowd. You see, many people knew Darius and Cynthia Granger. They were true members of the community. They took care of the people in their community, and anytime someone had a real need, all they had to do was go to them. This was not right, and they were not standing for it. One man yelled out. "So somebody can break in our house, shoot us and we are the criminals. This doesn't make sense. She was protecting her family. He broke in on them." The crowd agreed.

"This is bullshit. DA Holmes, I voted for you. You know this is wrong." One woman yelled.

Reporters were busy reporting the story, waiting for the opposing crowds to erupt into chaos. Everyone started yelling. Derrick and Cameron were in attendance. They stood before their friends and supporters to speak, but not before an activist responded.

"She is a soldier. They are trained to kill. She tried to kill that man, and that's wrong. We need to send a message. We won't tolerate this any longer." She yelled, as her group verbalized their support.

The activist argued back, "She's military. She knows how to shoot. She could have injured him, not tried to kill."

Both sides were about to engage in a shoving match. Delran stood. "Ladies and gentleman please, we will settle this in court. Please let us handle this. Thank you for coming, but please allow justice to run its course." The press conference ended.

Derrick and Cameron talked with a few community members and thanked them for standing with their family. They shared that Darius would be fine, and that the family was still strong.

Cynthia was held in custody for days before a bail hearing. Her new lawyer met with her and went over her case. Ivan Delran was a handsome man, very confident. He would win this case, if it even made it to court.

During this time, Cynthia resided in a private cell. The sheriff would not place her with the other inmates because he didn't feel like she had done anything wrong. Separating her was not necessary because even the few inmates agreed. She was defending her family. The family could not visit her again until morning, so they returned to the hospital.

Cynthia missed her husband, but was glad that he would be OK.

*****

The morning of Cynthia's bail hearing, Charles's family was at the hospital.

Irma Finch looked at the officers assigned to guard her son's room. He had not regained consciousness, and she knew the moment he did, he was going to jail. He had crossed the line this time. In all honesty, Charles should have gone to jail ages ago, his sister too, but she never told. She never told anyone about how sick and sadistic her children were. Mrs. Irma Finch was tired. She loved her son, but she was tired. She would no longer cover for him. Accompanying her was her daughter, Charleshia. Charleshia was eleven months younger than Charles. She adored her older brother. She was the reason so many people were aware of this case. She called the reporters, and made this shooting gain national attention. Irma looked at her daughter. Charles and Charleshia were charmers. Just like their father, they would lure you in and trap you in their web of deceit. Both of them looked just like their father, Charles Senior. Irma shuddered. Not only did they inherit their father's looks, but his demeanor as well.

Irma walked over to a window, Charleshia watched her. She didn't trust her. She believed that her mother hated Charles Jr, because he was so much like daddy. Charleshia began to grow angry. Mother never even shed a tear when she learned Charles Jr had been shot. What kind of mother was that?

Then Charleshia saw her husband go over to comfort her mother. Her hatred of her mother multiplied ten times. It was the sweet old lady routine that fooled everyone. Charleshia was no fool, the only reason Marshall stayed was a since of loyalty to the old woman. If he ever got the chance he'd leave her. So she had to keep them in line. Honestly, if he didn't get great benefits she would have left him ages ago. Charleshia smiled to herself, at least she had control over his money. He couldn't go anywhere, and when she tired of him, she'd have him declared incompetent and put him in a hospital someplace.

Irma and her son-in-law, Marshall, were sitting quietly in the waiting room at the hospital. Charles was still critical and visitors had to be monitored. His sister spent the most time in his room.

Darius' family walked in and glared at the older woman and the quiet man that sat with her. She wilted. In all honesty, she didn't blame them or their family member that shot her son. Charles was out of control. She knew he mistreated his wife, and she told him he was wrong. What most people did not know was that Charles beat his mother also. Both Charles and his sister beat her. Marshal often tried to intervene, which resulted in Charleshia punishing him.

"Momma Irma, this isn't your fault. It isn't." Marshal would whisper.

He hated his wife, but loved his mother in law. He'd take several beatings if it meant this sweet old lady wasn't harmed.

Charleshia came out of her brother's room. She had a call and told the nurse that she'd be back. Irma and Marshall watched her walk out. Charleshia said something to the officers. The men did not reply, but what ever she said annoyed one officer. She walked outside, Irma and Marshal watched her and worried. Charleshia returned smiling. She had a young woman at the precinct that kept her in the loop, and the girl called to tell her that she heard that Cynthia would be denied bail. "They got the bitch Momma. She gone pay for hurting Charles Jr." Irma didn't respond.

Charleshia became angry. "What? You want my brother to die. Did you hope she would succeed Momma?" She laughed, "She didn't and her ass is going to prison."

"Charlie, baby, your momma is upset. Leave her alone." Marshall suggested. Charleshia turned her cold black eyes on him. Marshall wilted, but said no more.

"Who asked you anything, you punk ass bitch?" Charleshia hissed. "I'm sitting with my brother. My brother! You two, get the hell out." She stated angrily as she stormed into the room where Charles was sleeping.

Marshall took his mother in law by the arm and left. The two sat in a small waiting room across from the ICU unit. As they passed, the officers did not speak, but they certainly did not like the way the daughter addressed her mother. They wanted Charles to wake up. As soon as he was awake, the sooner they could throw him in a cell.

As they sat in the waiting room. Members of Darius's family walked by and saw them. Deidre recognized who they were and wanted to meet his mother. She wanted to meet the woman who raised such a monster. She had some things she wanted to say to her. She walked into the small room ready to attack, but something stopped her. She didn't know if it was how frail the tow people looked or one thing her grandmother always said. Somehow, she calmed down.. "Good evening, I'm Camirra's mother. We met years ago after they were married."

Irma looked at this woman and saw disdain in her eyes. "I'm Irma, and this is my son in law, Marshall."

Marshall reached for Dee's hand, but she did not reciprocate the action. Irma sat. Marshall sat beside her. Placing his arm around her protectively, "Ma'am, is Camirra safe now?" he asked.

Dee was about to go off. But she realized these two people did not hurt her daughter. She would see what they had to say.

"Yes, no thanks to you." She hissed.

"Good, keep her safe. I'm glad she got away from him. I know you want to blame someone, but Ms. Irma's suffered at his hands too." Marshall whispered. Then he froze when Charleshia came out. She saw Deidre talking to her mother and went into a rage.

"Get the hell away from my mother. You and your folks tried to kill my brother Stay away from her." She yelled. She was so loud that a nurse came in and asked them to quiet down.

Charleshia was about to attack the nurse when Irma whispered loudly. "Stop it! Stop it! You and Charles are just like your father, evil. He beat that girl. He beat her and you know it. If that woman shot him then she had no choice."

By now security had arrived. Charleshia was even more annoyed, furious. She grabbed Marshall by the arm and snatched him up, "Take this crazy ass bitch to the hotel. Don't talk to anyone, especially the cops either." She ordered.

Marshall left. Dee glared at Charleshia. Stepping close to her, almost nose to nose, she faced the angry woman. She grew up in a tough neighborhood and faced many people like Charleshia. The two stared at each other, neither blinking. Deidre did not budge, and Charleshia did not move. At some point, Charleshia stepped back and Deidre spoke. "I can see you have some sense. So you aren't crazy. Listen, and listen carefully, don't let my calm façade fool you. Your brother hurt my baby. When he wakes up, you better pray they take his ass straight to a jail cell, because if I see him on the street, I will handle that ass. And if you get between us, I have some for you too. You don't scare me. Get your dumb ass back in there with your sorry excuse for a brother. Oh one more thing, don't ever disrespect your mother in my presence again, or they'll have a bed for you beside that bastard." Dee walked away.

Everyone was with Darius and telling him about what was going on with Deidre. Dawn and Derrick were going to see Cyn the next morning. No matter what happened, they were standing behind their family member. Derreon was at home with Camirra. Rory was back as well, and both girls stayed at his home. Sierra and Cameron wanted Darius to know that they all were doing everything they could to help. He knew his family was there for them. He wasn't worried about that. Darius closed his eyes and did the one thing his mother always taught him, he prayed. Calm, calmness surrounded him, and he knew his Dad was right. It would be fine now.

Sadly, because of the nature of the crime, she was denied bail and would be held until the trail. Derrick explained that the judge gave a reason "Mrs. Granger, because of the sensitive nature of this crime, I am denying your bail request. It is in the best interest of this court that you remain in custody. This is not only for your safety, but the safety of the public in general. Officer, escort Mrs. Granger back to her cell." Derreon screamed, as did the other children. The judge called for silence, and Derrick escorted him out.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,294 Followers