Ioe

Story Info
A sci-fi tale of fated lovers.
1.6k words
4.44
18.8k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
WFEATHER
WFEATHER
1,908 Followers

Leaning back in my seat, I breathed a sigh of relief. "We're clear of station jurisdiction," I announced. "No one's chasing us."

"We're free?" she asked? "We truly did it?"

"We truly did it," I confirmed. "We're free!"

*****

Seven months had passed since I had been seized as a stowaway and brought to the penitentiary. A youth spent on various starships and a young adulthood spent in the military had taught me a number of things, but my downfall had been the age-old one:

Jinarta.

Ours had been a "Romeo and Juliet" relationship. While her species had been tolerated for decades, it was still illegal in Human society for relations to be anything but working relationships. Even sharing a drink at a bar after work was still not entirely accepted by Human society, even though in the Krulintian sector of the galaxy, Jinarta's people were by far the majority, outnumbering us Humans 1,295:1.

One would think that, looking at the course of Human history, it would have been the Krulintian who would have made the interspecies relationships illegal. The majority almost always fights as hard as possible to maintain its stranglehold, to maintain the status quo, to demonstrate its mastery of the "other" by any means possible, including death.

Yet it was the minority in this case which fought to remain as "pure" as possible. On the frontier, however, "pure" is a relative term, almost as relative as the concept of "fresh food."

Within our frontier office, the staff certainly noticed as the personal space between Jinarta and me slowly decreased over the period of several weeks. From the corner of my eye, I observed as the staff semi-discretely watched the growing familiarity between the Krulintian officer and myself. Everyone in the office, including me, was surprised when Jinarta arrived for a shift with her traditional blue hair chopped incredibly short and dyed a bright red instead, yet only she and I knew that it was a look which truly appealed to me, reminding me of a cute girl I had once seen in an old two-dimensional film.

Perhaps no one was particularly surprised when Jinarta reached for my hand one evening when we were all at a local bar after work. Yet that single act, an act which would not carry any social significance in a Human-only environment, was the tremor which signaled the forthcoming volcanic eruption.

Over the course of several months, I saw more and more of Jinarta outside the office and the weekly all-staff drinks at the bar. Soon, she was a regular visitor at my quarters, and I also spent a fair amount of time at her quarters, each of us ranking high enough to not share the tiny spaces with anyone else. That was also part of my downfall, as roommates would have thwarted a potential relationship.

Her larger mouth always engulfed mine when we kissed, just as my larger hands engulfed hers when we touched. Her dark blue scales warmed in my presence, warmed me as we embraced, and radiated a wonderful heat as her passion mounted. Certainly I was a pleasant study in Human anatomy for her, as procreation was just different enough to not necessarily be an instinctive act even though the end result was the same.

Yet that uninstinctive act was what led to my initial arrest. Suspecting that Jinarta and I were breaking Human law with our relationship, Commander Jackson had ordered bugs to be placed in my quarters. With the irrefutable evidence presented to me, I could not deny the relationship, the treasonous act I had done with the interspecies copulation, and I was led away with Jinarta in tears, the other Krulintian staff attempting to console her while the Human staff turned their backs on her, both figuratively and literally.

Given my rank, only a single guard was with me as I was being escorted to the aerocar to be taken into official custody. Having visited several penitentiaries – strictly as a visitor – during my youth and my career, I definitely did not want to go to one with little hope of ever leaving it alive. I was not restrained in any way, again due to my rank, so it was unbelievably easy to overpower my guard and render him unconscious, then steal the aerocar and head to the groundside spaceport.

For more than six weeks, I was a stowaway, moving from one transport to another, working my way deeper into Krulintian space. The Human population had no presence at the furthest reaches of Krulintian space and the military had no intentions of penetrating to that distance, so I knew that I would be safe from military pursuit if only I could reach that deep.

I was just one more flight away from my goal when I was detected in a cargo check by a Krulintian cadet about to embark on her first space voyage of any significant distance. She did the right thing, unfortunately, and reported my presence to her superior, who reported it straight up the chain of command to someone who had heard that I might be attempting to penetrate deep into Krulintian space to escape Human law.

It was someone who definitely wanted me to fall victim to Human law. It was Jinarta's own father.

It was pure chance which brought Jinarta to the penitentiary station. Located at the official border between Human space and Krulintian space, the station housed only Human prisoners, and put them to work in appalling conditions mimicking those of a Class U world. There were no modern tools or conveniences, other than the lighting and the ventilation system. Everything else was backbreaking labor using tools of about half my weight. That I survived for seven months was a true test of endurance and willpower.

Yet when Jinarta – now promoted – toured the simulated mine and saw me, the expression of shock which passed between us was by far the best surprise of my life. There was indeed a slight bulge at her belly, and I knew without needing to ask that I was indeed the father.

Three days later, I was called out of the mine. Typically, only those who have caused trouble or those who were about to be executed were called out of the mine, and since I had not caused any trouble, I was certain that I was about to be executed. Yet I went quietly, the trio of guards keeping their weapons trained upon me at all times as I was marched into a part of the penitentiary station I had never before seen, to a small room with no windows and an airlock at its other end.

"So this is the end?" I asked the guards. "I get pushed out an airlock and no one ever hears from me again? May I at least send a final communiqué to my mother back on New Terra?"

The response was a waving of the arms toward the airlock. Despite the pair of couches, there was to be no waiting. This was the moment of death, a moment I could not escape.

I sighed with resignation, approached the airlock, and keyed it to open. I stepped inside, and there were no spacesuits within, as I had expected. The video screen was either not working or had been purposely turned off, as I could not see the universe which awaited me on the other side.

One of the guards keyed the airlock closed. Although I tried a moment later, the station-side door would not open for me, and the video screen for the station side also would not display any images.

Suddenly, I found religion, in the form of naming every deity which came to mind, and asking each for a swift and painless end.

Then I heard the universe-side door unbolt, and my heart nearly leapt through my throat.

After a long pause in which the sound of the unbolting echoed in my mind with the finality of a descending guillotine blade, the universe-side airlock door slid open.

Jinarta awaited me, standing in a small starcraft with two subordinate crew members standing behind her at attention.

It was the two crew members who communicated with the station. It was one very happy Human who piloted the small starcraft.

*****

"Where do we go from here?" I asked. "Clearly, you would not have arranged for me to escape the penitentiary unless you had a plan. I know you better than that. I worked with you long enough to know that."

"We go to Ioe," Jinarta informed me. "The Human military will almost certainly never penetrate that far into Krulintian territory, and if they do, they do not know the wilds of space which exist beyond – I and my people do. We will raise our young child together, and create a new reality in which Krulintian and Human can coexist in peace."

This time, it was I who reached for Jinarta's hand. "That is indeed lofty," I had to comment, "but it will take more than two of us to bring about this coexistence."

"There are already hundreds of us," she informed me. "Do you truly believe that you and I are the first to have a Krulintian-Human relationship? Do you truly believe that I am the first to carry a mixed-species child? Do you truly believe that none of my male counterparts have fathered a mixed-species child with one of your females?"

"Ioe," I said, primarily to myself. I had heard of this planet, had seen a few images of its lush grasslands and its expansive forests. It was indeed a scenic place, according to the pictures, and it somehow seemed a fitting place where we could help start a new, more accepting society.

WFEATHER
WFEATHER
1,908 Followers