Irdu-Lili Pt. 01: A Second Chance

Story Info
Levant meets a supernal beauty with an unnatural proposition.
2.2k words
4.65
7.2k
16

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/17/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh my, your internal organs are pulverised."

Levant lay there dying. The pain was already fading, now he just felt cold. He was still processing what had just happened and was beginning to realise that his end was swiftly approaching. The one who had spoken entered his blurring vision. Were he still capable of doing so he would have laughed, it was the woman he had met earlier that day, only she was stark naked. Even in his current state he felt a strong sense of arousal for her. He recognised the hallucination for what it is and appreciated being able to see such a beautiful vision before he departed this world.

Still, he was afraid, scared. He did not want to die, no one does, not truly. He tried to beg the vision for help, but he managed only a faint gurgle, blood trickled down his chin.

She seemed to understand him, of course she does, she is from his perishing mind afterall. "Save you? Why would I want to do that?" She thrust a hip out and cocked her head to one side, as though considering, "Even if I did save your mundane life, what then? Back to your mundane desk job tomorrow? Then back to your mundane little apartment? Sleep with your mundane dreams? Only to awaken and begin the cycle anew? You are alive, but you are not living. You never were."

Oh cruel vision, how well you know me! Levant thought. All his life he yearned for something more, to become something greater, or to at least experience something greater. But he had long since given up, accepted that it was how everyone felt but that it was only for the privileged few to know such a life. Now here, at the end of all things, his mind had conjured this beauty to rebuke him for a life poorly used.

She giggled, "Yes, I am a vision. I am an erotic nightmare made manifest my dear, sin given form." She inhaled as though incense filled the air, "Oh I scented your suppressed desires, and how they intrigue me. Yes, yes, you fascinate me! You are mundane, yet you hold such potential to become something utterly exhilarating!" She smiled, "Or held rather."

Levant's vision was growing dark, the world was beginning to seem far away. He dimly made out her words, "No, I cannot save you. But I can grant you another life entirely. I shall be frank, not everyone survives my world, they would have been better off dead, they usually wish that were the case. But you have it in you to become one of us, I know it. What say you? Be mine, and I shall grant you a new manner of existence. What say you?"

Levant struggled to think properly, his thoughts fizzing away with his consciousness. He barely had the strength to understand her words. "What say you?"

His vision had left him completely now, oblivion was racing up to consume him. She spoke again, but Levant fancied there was a note of desperation in her voice. "What say you?"

******

Earlier that day...

Levant could hardly believe his luck.

He rarely bothered to go out, the world seemed designed to pick on lone wolves. Having few friends he had little excuse to venture beyond his apartment unless it is to run everyday errands. Often he would walk into the city and some homeless man reeking of alcohol would accost him, or a youth looking to impress his friends humiliate him, or even passersby giving him strange looks. It was not that he stood out particularly, he just seemed to draw such cretins, as if they smelled weakness and needed to satiate that primal urge to strike. As such Levant was a bit of an anthrophobe.

But every so often loneliness and depression would drive him out, seeking the company of others even if it is only as a silent bystander. He had to take deep breaths as he walked down the street, praying no one would speak to him even as he yearned to know how to socialise. He was terrified someone might yell at him, insult him, assault him. Once he made it to the café and got into the cosy building he exhaled, feeling a little better for the shelter of its walls. The scent of coffee filled his lungs, he found it soothing on his nerves.

He looked about, tactically selecting which table to sit at where he would be less noticeable. He had chosen the time well, at this hour there were few people. Just a couple at the far side, whispering romantic nonsense to eachother no doubt. An elderly man was reading a paper as he sipped his tea. A mother and daughter were speaking to the barista, the daughter trying to convince her mother she will not be awake all night if she has milkshake. Another woman was sat...

Levant gave a shuddering breath as he took that woman in. She was sat by the window, the light silhouetting her perfect frame beautifully. She was dressed all in black, with black embroidery depicting what he believed were ravens. Her skin was alabaster and statuesque. Her hair loose, a waterfall of fire. Entranced, his fear and anxieties forgotten, he found himself sitting opposite her. She looked up from her book to regard him with her malachite eyes, and eyebrow arched in question.

Oh god, what am I doing? Levant thought, remembering himself. All manner of escape methods flitted through his mind, such as saying sorry he thought she was someone he knew, or that he did not see her there, before fleeing for the nearest empty table.

Her scent filled him, a strange, heady aroma that set his pulse racing. His anxiety faded, he noted the title of the book she was reading as a heading on one of the pages. "Er, oh." He sputtered, aware how whiny his voice must sound, "Clavicula Salomonis. Is that the Lemegeton? I've read that too." He did not say aloud that it is not the kind of text one generally reads in public.

"Oh?" she said, how anyone's voice could sound so wondrous from a simple syllable was beyond Levant, but she managed it, "A fellow scholar of the paths less trodden? Practitioner or armchair magician?"

Levant would have given anything to be able to say he was a practitioner, just to impress her. He knew enough to know that armchair magician was often a term used with scorn by those who considered themselves true explorers of the otherworldly. But whilst the occult fascinated him he never went beyond reading the various literature on the area. He could barely muster the will to step from his home, let alone join some freaky coven. "Ar, armchair admittedly. But I would like to try it one day perhaps." Really? He thought to himself. I'm really going to let this woman invite me to one of her sessions?

She gave a long melodious laugh, "My rituals are rather different to the ones found in the works." A waiter interrupted, he gave the woman a petite mug filled with white fluid of some sort. Levant noticed the man had a glazed expression as he looked at her. That expression turned to one of angry jealousy as he took Levant's order. It did little to help his fragile confidence.

"What about the oh so infamous Crowley?" she continued once the waiter left, "What say you of his works?"

"Well," Levant began, thinking back when he drudged thought those texts, "Everyone says his works are confusing because it is genius. Seems to me though he was confused himself and did not fully know what he was writing."

She laughed again. Am I really making a woman laugh? A beautiful one at that? The cappuccino was set down and Levant placed a shaking hand around it, not letting on that the mug was scalding him. The pain helped steady him, "What about more modern works? Karlsson, Tyson, Grey?"

"Ah." She said sadly, "I am rather lax with my reading these days, I struggle to keep up with the latest voices. After a while they all seem to say much the same thing." She took up her petite mug and downed the liquid. As she placed the mug back down a trail of the sticky substance trailed down from her lips.

Levant watched as the fluid almost immediately seemed to evaporate. No, not evaporate, but be absorbed into the woman's skin. She shifted slightly and gave a strange moaning sound, a sight that Levant found incredibly arousing, as if the fluid were intoxicating her. "What are you drinking? Can I get you another?"

She focused on Levant, as though coming to and realising where she was. "I always want another." She interlaced her fingers and rested her chin on them, "Mine name is Kilili, strange no? What's yours?"

For the first time in his life, Levant found himself conversing easily. There were no awkward silences, no embarrassing misunderstandings. As fellow bookworms they spoke passionately about literature, they laughed and joked. Levant sensed the waiter scowling at him but for once he did not care. He was utterly engrossed by the beauty before him.

So wonderful, and so cruel when such moments inevitably end.

Kilili shuddered slightly and abruptly rose. Her beautiful eyes seemed to be seeing something beyond Levant's ability to depict. He looked about in confusion before noticing she was smiling down at him, "Forgive me but I must take off, I have dallied too long already. A shame, I have not enjoyed conversing with anyone for and age." She held out a hand, "It has been a pleasure, sweet Levant."

Levant rose and kissed her hand. He flushed when he realised he was meant to shake it, "Oh my," Kilili chuckled, "It has been an incredibly long time since a man did that for me, I miss such trends. You are a true delight Levant. Farewell."

Levant watched miserably as she left. He kicked himself as he watched her retreating form out the window. Why had he not thought to ask for her number? Or to suggest they meet again? She clearly had wanted him to hadn't she? Levant was all too aware he had not forgotten, but had been betrayed by his fear of rejection.

Plummeting from joy to misery, he finished his coffee and made the terrifying walk home. Dejectedly, he slouched into his armchair and sat there immobile for a long time, tormenting himself over what might have been. Eventually he rose only to walk the few paces to his bedroom and flop onto his double bed. There he tossed and turned fitfully, agonised by his self-loathing and loneliness before eventually falling into some form of slumber.

******

Levant leapt up and put on the light.

It started with a nightmare. He woke with the strange sensation that something terrible was in the room with him. Sure enough a black shadow was at the end of his bed. His body was utterly paralyzed with fear, no matter how hard he tried he could not move. Levant was too terrified to call out, hoping somehow the entity would vanish and leave him be.

It did the opposite. Slowly, with malign purpose, it crawled onto the bed and over him. Levant felt a heavy weight on his chest and fingers wrap around his neck, choking the life from him. He fought and tried to move or scream, but his body betrayed him, refusing to obey his commands. Only with extreme force of will did he finally manage to break free.

Bathed in cold sweat, he stood there for a while, panting. There was no sign of the entity, yet the fear had not left him. Levant was knowledgeable enough to know he had just suffered a night terror, but that did little to comfort him. He searched every nook and cranny for the thing, anywhere it may have hidden to await the light to go out.

Knowing he would not get anymore sleep that night. Levant stepped into his living room and felt a growing anger rise within him. He hated himself, he hated his love for books that gave him the illusion of a life, he hated this small place, hated his boring job. He hated it all! With a heave he pulled one of the bookshelves over, volumes spilled everywhere as wood splintered. Finding it did nothing to quell his anger he clothed himself, put on his shoes and went outside, using his anger to override his anxiety.

He walked, anger coursing through him, lost in his thoughts of his failures. How he could have had a better life, where he had made the wrong choices time and again. He had just begun dwelling on his regret of not getting Kilili's number when a car struck him.

Levant felt something break. He felt weightless as the world spun around him, then searing pain shot through him as he landed back on the road with a heavy thump. Warmth spread along his torso, once again his body refused to move. Breathing became difficult as blood welled in his throat.

The sound of screeching brakes as the vehicle comes to a halt. The sound of a car door opening and a panicked voice, "Oh my god. Are you alright? I'm so sorry. I'll call an ambulance. I'm so sor-"

The sound of bone breaking. The sound of a lifeless body slumping to the ground.

The sight of a naked and ethereal beauty, making an impossible offer, "What say you?"

Levant tried to answer, but blood came forth instead of words. It did not matter though.

She understood his answer perfectly.