Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 08

Story Info
Basketball, dinner, and more.
6.9k words
4.8
12k
14

Part 8 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you everyone for your patience. Part of me having Asperger's is that I tend to get interested and focused on other things from time to time, like video games. Doesn't help that I've had to pick up a second job but alas, this chapter is complete and ready for you to read. As always, thank you Tigersman for your wondering editing.

The basketball bounces on the rim and goes in the basket.

"Fifteen," says Andy, still holding his shooting stroke with confidence.

"You can be as confident as you want," Keith remarks. "But Luke and I still have won a game each."

"Yeah, and I'm going to win this game."

"My boyfriend has eighteen," Melissa shouts from her seat on the bench. "You have to get past him first."

Andy just ignores Melissa and steps up to the free throw line. He goes through his routine and shoots the ball. It hits nothing but net.

"BOO!" Melissa and Jackie say, voicing their displeasure.

Andy doesn't respond to them and makes his next two shots, giving him eighteen points. He goes back to outside the three point line and sees Keith with the ball ready to defend him.

"I don't know about you Jackie but I'm enjoying watching our men play each other."

Jackie looks back at her best friend with a smile on her face. "It is nice seeing them being competitive with each other in a healthy way."

"Yes it is. I am very glad they are all getting along."

The women continue to watch the men play. While they are not double teaming the ball handler right away, anytime a drive is being made to the basket the double team comes. Being that this is the third game they are playing, they are getting tired and any shot made is big to them. All three are not setting their egos aside. They want to win and are competing hard. Jackie and Melissa of course cheer on their respective boyfriends and just give Andy a hard time whenever they can.

"So Jackie," Melissa says taking a break from watching the game, "who was the woman that called you and Keith out last night?"

"She was no one," Jackie responds without taking her eyes off the game.

"I don't think she was no one. He seemed to have trouble focusing the whole time we played Euchre."

"Yet we still beat you and Luke four out of five games."

"Jackie, I know there is a story you're not telling me and I'm not letting this go."

Jackie hates how persistent her best friend is. Melissa has been one to sniff out any complete lies Jackie has tried to tell her in the past.

"She is an ex of his and things didn't end well for them."

"How badly did it end?" Melissa asks even more curious now.

Jackie takes her eyes off the game to look at Melissa. "It ended bad enough where things between them are probably never going to heal and that is all I'm going to tell you Melissa."

"Oh come," Melissa begs. "I know you know the story if you're telling me that. What's the harm in me knowing?"

"Melissa, drop it," Jackie says sternly. "What Keith told me is between him and me. It is no one else's business including you."

Melissa had never seen Jackie stand up to her like this before. She was taken back by it and realized maybe she was pushing too hard. While normally Jackie had shared her current or past boyfriends' secrets with her, Keith was different. He was more guarded than the rest for good reason and Jackie had made it more of a point than before that whatever she and Keith talked about would remain private between the two.

"I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

Jackie wraps her arms around her friend. "Of course I forgive you."

With that being resolved, they go back to watching the game and catch Keith making a jump shot.

"Eighteen," Keith says nervously, knowing if he doesn't make his three free throws he might not get enough chance to win. He steps to the free throw line and shoots the ball. It bounces around the rim and goes in. Andy tosses the ball back to him and he gets ready to shoot again.

Keith takes a deep breath to settle his nerves. He shoots the ball and it swishes through the basketball net.

"You got this Keith!" Jackie yells, trying to encourage her man.

"You're gonna miss!" Melissa yells, trying to rattle Keith.

Keith takes a few dribbles and sets the ball in his hands. He gets in his shooting motion and shoots the ball. It reaches the rim and bounces around for a few seconds. Luke and Andy are there waiting to tip the ball in to get themselves to twenty and get Keith back down to zero. However, much to their dismay the balls drops in and gives Keith the win.

Jackie jumps up screaming and cheering, happy that her man won. Keith on the other hand sits down on the concrete feeling exhausted and spent. Luke and Andy also sit down.

All three men look at each other and simply nod, saying those were good games, too tired and sore to use words.

Jackie and Melissa get up off the bench and approach their men with towels and Gatorade.

"Hey, where's my towel and Gatorade?" Andy asks.

Jackie looks over at him. "If you had a girlfriend here I'm sure she would be more than happy to give those to you."

"Ouch," says Luke in response to Jackie's comment at Andy.

Andy just laughs off the comment and gets up to walk over to his bag to get his towel and Gatorade. He walks over very slowly, feeling very sore as he walks over.

"So what did you boys plan on doing for dinner?" Melissa asks. "It is a little past four and since we're all together anyway might as well have dinner together."

Luke and Keith take one look at each other and come to a very quick and easy decision. "Little Caesar's," Luke says.

"Little Caesar's all the way," Keith adds. "I think we're all too tired to cook and while the ladies get the pizzas, we can shower."

"Why do we have to get the pizza?" Jackie asks.

"Because we need to shower and I believe loser pays, right Andy?"

Everyone looks over at Andy and he just shakes his head. "That has been how things have gone in the past. Make sure to take note of this Luke."

Luke just grins thankful this unspoken rule didn't have to apply to him today. "Note taken."

"Well since that's settled," Keith says asserting that the decision has been made. "Let's head to our apartments. Andy will give his credit card to Jackie for two pepperoni pizzas and two orders of breadsticks with sauce."

"Again, why do Melissa and I have to get the food?" Jackie asks sounding very annoyed.

"We're very sore and stink of sweat. You two are getting free food and don't stink."

Melissa and Jackie look at each other realizing there is no way around Keith's logic, especially the part where the food is free to them.

"Ok, we'll get the food this time."

With that everyone heads back to Keith and Andy's apartments, the men of course walking very slowly, feeling every muscle in their body ache. When they finally get to Andy's apartment, he gets his wallet out and hands Jackie his credit card. As soon as it is in her hand, the ladies leave to go get the food.

Andy let's Luke use his shower while Keith walks down to his apartment and uses his. Luke takes a short shower and changes into his extra set of clothes he always has with him whenever he spends the night over at Melissa's place. Andy then hops in his shower and also takes a quick one.

Thirty minutes after the ladies leave they come back with the food. They ring the buzzer for Andy's apartment and are let in.

"Dinner is served," Melissa says with a smile. She sets the pizza boxes on the table and Jackie sets the bags of breadsticks next to them. Andy gets out the plates for everyone and they dig in.

Andy gets a couple of folding chairs so everyone has a seat to sit and eat. Luke and Melissa sit on the couch, Andy sits in his recliner, and Keith and Jackie sit in the folding chairs. They all make small talk about random things. Eventually the guys turn the conversation towards the games of twenty-one they played. That dominates the conversation for a long time as the women just sit back and enjoy.

"Those free throws were not luck!" Keith says defiantly.

"Oh come on," Luke says in utter disbelief. "Those shots bounced around the rim more than a politician bounces around answering a question."

"But unlike a politician who answers no question, those balls did drop in the net and I did win."

Luke turns towards Andy hoping for some help. "Will you talk to him and set him straight?"

Andy shrugs his shoulders. "Sorry Luke. You'll learn soon that he is very stubborn and doesn't change his mind easily. Just let it go."

Luke decides to turn to Jackie but she cuts him off before he says a word. "I can't help it if my boyfriend is much better at shooting free throws than you after almost two hours of basketball."

Luke gives in and finishes his slice of pizza that he has left on his plate. "Would you like another slice sweetie?" he asks Melissa.

"No thank you but I'll take another two breadsticks." Luke gets up to get himself another slice and his girlfriend her breadsticks. "So Andy, when will you bring a woman of your own into this group?"

Andy lets out a little laugh at the question. "When I can find a woman that doesn't mind only being able to see me Sunday and Monday nights and doesn't mind that I work at one of the busiest bars in town."

"What ever happened to that one girl you were dating a couple months ago?" Keith asks. "What was her name again? Sarah? Samantha?"

"Cassandra and she didn't like the fact that we hardly saw each other. She couldn't accept my work schedule."

"Have you tried any online dating sites and mentioned that you have an unusual work schedule?"

"I've done Match.com and EHarmony. I had subscriptions to both for almost a year and only had dates with three women the whole time. None of them lasted more than three dates."

"Well you haven't seen me work my magic," Melissa says proudly.

"You've only set one couple up from your work and they nearly killed each other two months later," Jackie responds.

"I've set up more than just that one couple," Melissa retorts.

"You mean those two guys who you thought were gay?"

"Well one of them was gay and the other was really into making himself look good and kept up with fashion trends."

"Thank you for your offer Melissa," Andy interrupts before the two have an unnecessary fight. "But I don't need a woman right now. I'm happy where I am in my life and don't want to have a girlfriend for the sake of having a girlfriend."

"Good for you Andy," Luke says. "No one should be forced into a relationship that they don't want. You sound like a good guy and I'm sure when a woman understands what you bring to the table, she'll find a way to make it work with you."

"Thanks Luke," Andy says happy that Luke agrees with him.

"Were you in a relationship you didn't want to be a part of?" Keith asks.

Luke wasn't expecting that question and was somewhat shocked Keith just came out and asked it. "Um, kinda. I really don't want to talk about it."

Keith figures out quickly he shouldn't have asked the question. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up."

"It's ok," Luke assures him.

Keith knows Luke is just being polite but knows it was inappropriate for him to ask that. His Asperger's has hindered him from knowing if a question was appropriate or not to ask. It wasn't usually until after the question asked that he realized he should have not asked it at all.

Andy knows Keith is beating himself up for asking that question and quickly tries to change the subject. "So how did you and Melissa meet?" he asks Luke.

"We actually met at a bar in Ann Arbor after a U of M football game last year. I was lucky enough to sit next to her and we just seem to hit it off well. We found out we lived pretty close to each other and had some similar interests. I asked for her number and we've been together ever since."

"That's good that you found each other."

More small talk continues in the group for a while. Everyone is slowly getting more and more comfortable with each other and cracking jokes. Melissa checks the time on her phone.

"Well I think Luke and I need to get going. We have some business to take care of."

Keith was close to asking what type of business but Jackie grabbed his hand quickly. He turns to look her and she simply mouths 'fun times'. He nods his head in understanding.

"It was nice meeting you Luke," Andy says as he stands up to escort his guests. "Same time next week?"

"Definitely. At least if the weather doesn't start to get too cold for us to play or the women to watch."

"Sounds good to me."

Jackie scoots her chair closer to Keith. "Do you think we could hang out at your place for a couple more hours before I go back home?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I want to spend more time with my beautiful girlfriend?" Keith turns towards Andy. "We're going to head out too."

"No problem," Andy replies. "Stay out of trouble lovebirds."

Both of them brush off the comment and head towards Keith's apartment. As soon as they get in Keith locks the door and wraps his arms around his girl.

"So, what did you want to do in my apartment?"

Jackie kisses Keith a simple, yet loving kiss on the lips. "Make out for a little bit but also talk about some important things without any of our friends butting in."

Keith always gets nervous when anyone tells him there is important stuff to talk about. His past experience tells him that it will very uncomfortable for him and his Asperger's makes him fear stuff he probably shouldn't have to worry about. "What stuff do you want to talk about?"

"Well, I'm a little worried about you after we ran into Jillian last night. Melissa noticed your lack of focus while we were playing Euchre."

"I just didn't expect to see her ever again and I never would have thought she would have acted the way she did. My mind just kept thinking up scenarios of her breaking us up, telling anyone she can about what I did, and other things that I know wouldn't happen but I can't control what comes in my head sometimes."

"How do you not go crazy with all those negative thoughts?" Jackie asks, very concerned for Keith's mental state.

"Honestly, I don't know. I guess I've just accepted that this is how my brain works. It probably helps that those scenarios never come true."

Jackie isn't sure how to process what Keith is telling her. She knows that she would probably go into depression if she had such negative scenarios keep playing in her head.

"Is there anything I can do to help when I'm with you and those scenarios start playing in your head?"

Keith puts his hand on the back of Jackie's head and looks into her eyes. "You helped me last night by being comforting and letting me know she won't break us up. Just keep being the awesome girlfriend you are."

Jackie brings Keith's head down and gives him a soft kiss on the lips. "I plan on it. Now I think it is time for you to get your reward."

"What reward?" Keith asks confused.

"Reward for being the best at basketball."

"Oh, what did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking we could start by making out on your bed," Jackie says with a seductive smile.

Keith didn't waste any time understanding the hint. He wraps his arms around her, picks her up and carries her towards his bedroom. Jackie was caught by surprise that he picked her up so easily, not thinking he was that strong. A few seconds later he lays her on the bed and gets on top of her. They start kissing passionately, rubbing their hands all over each other's bodies.

After a few minutes, Jackie pushes Keith back a little. "I don't mean to ruin the mood but is there somewhere I can put my glasses? I don't have a spare and kinda need them to drive home."

Keith smiles at her. "Let me take them off and I'll put them on the end table."

Jackie nods and he takes off her glasses and gets off his bed to put them on the end table. He thinks for a second and decides to take his off too. After he takes them off she gives him a funny look.

"What?"

"It's weird not seeing you with glasses on," Jackie says.

"Why?"

"I've just always seen you with glasses on and I've never thought about what you looked like without glasses."

Keith lets out a little laugh as he moves back towards his bed. "Well I don't need my glasses to see you when we kiss and I don't want mine breaking either."

"Yeah, glasses aren't cheap," Jackie responds. "Now come back here so I can taste your lips some more."

Keith lays on top of her and presses his lips against hers. Jackie returns the favor enjoying the taste of his lips. They continue to kiss and feel around each other's body. After a few minutes, he tries to reach under her shirt, but Jackie stops him.

"Sorry, not today. We don't want Andy hearing us fucking now do we?"

Keith sighs knowing she is right. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to be alone with you like this."

"I've been wanting this too, but the best things are worth waiting for. Also," she takes a deep breath before proceeding, "I need to ask you something."

Keith gets off her and onto his side. "Something happen?"

"No, nothing has happened, but you have been invited to Thanksgiving dinner by my family."

That threw Keith off. "Umm, wow. I didn't know you talked to your family about me."

"Only recently. My mom asked if I had replaced the, and I quote, 'douchebag of a boy.' I told her I met someone and he treats me better than anyone has ever treated me."

"Did you have to put me on such a high pedestal?"

"Yes, because you have treated me better than anyone has treated me before. You let me vent, debate Star Trek with you, and make me feel important. There is no one I'd rather introduce my family as my boyfriend."

"Did you tell them I have Asperger's Syndrome?" Keith asks, worried about the perception she is leaving about him to her family. With that question Jackie frowns.

"I have not told them that and hoping we don't need to tell them yet."

Keith looks down at his bed, wondering what to do. It had been hard enough letting Andy in back in college. He regrets how Jackie found out but everything has been going well since then. Lying to the her family made him feel uncomfortable, but telling them the truth would lead to a lot of questions all at once that would overwhelm him.

"When do they need an answer by?"

"They would like one sooner rather than later. They want to figure out sleeping arrangements well ahead of time."

Keith looks at her curiously. "Would your parents be ok with us sleeping in the same bed?"

Jackie lets out a little laugh. "They have let both of my brothers bring girls over and spend the night in their beds. They are very lax when it comes that sort of stuff."

"Oh, so they wouldn't mind if we cuddled up in your bed for the night."

"Nope, not at all. If anything, they would be happy to see me so happy and comfortable with you."

As the conversation continued Keith could see that this would mean a lot to Jackie. While he would have to make sure to present himself as normal as possible, the joy of him being with her family and showing why she puts him on such a pedestal means more to her than anything.

"I would be honored to spend Thanksgiving with you and your family."

Jackie immediately tackles him and covers him in kisses. "Thank you Keith!"

He slowly rolls her off to stop the onslaught of kisses. "You're welcome sweetie."

They continue to talk about what to expect from her brothers and parents. She isn't sure what extended family will be there, but she assures him everyone is very friendly and welcome. There might some joking and prodding at him because he is new but nothing that should make him uncomfortable.

Before long the room goes very dark because of the lack out light from outside. They just keep talking into the evening about anything and everything that comes across their mind, but before long Keith worries that Jackie is staying up too late.

12