Is Love All or Nothing? Ch. 11

Story Info
Men's night and women's night.
4.8k words
4.7
9.3k
9

Part 11 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/01/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You keep asking for them and I keep writing them. For those first time readers of this story, please go back to chapter 1, buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.

The love and support for this story has been absolutely amazing. Thank you everyone for all the votes, favorites, and follows. Part of me wants to see one of these chapters hit Hall of Fame rating, but I want to stay true to how I write and how I believe this story needs to be told. Whether I get a chapter in the Hall of Fame or not, everyone's support and love is more than enough for me so again, thank you.

As always, thank you Tigersman for editing my chapters and helping make these stories as good as they are.

*

"So are you and Lauren exchanging presents for Christmas?" Keith asks Andy as they pick up two pizzas and two orders of breadsticks from Little Caesars.

"Yes we are but I have no clue what to get her. It seems like everything she wants she just gets for herself and I don't want to just get her a gift card."

"Does she like chocolate?"

"Yes, she loves chocolate...how did I not think of that before?"

"Because you've been stressing out too much about it."

They enter Andy's car with Keith getting in the passenger seat as he is carrying the food. Once they put their seatbelts on Andy starts the drive back to their apartment complex.

"I have been," Andy admits. "I just want her to feel special."

"Dude, you do every single day. I don't know a guy that makes sure any woman he is dating is always safe."

"I know, I just wish I could do more."

"You do more than enough and she knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if she told you she loved you already."

"She has," Andy says and adds nothing more to it.

"I see," Keith says, understanding what Andy isn't saying.

The rest of the drive back to the apartment complex was quiet, but as soon as they opened the door into Andy's apartment where Jackie, Melissa, Luke, and Andy's new girlfriend Lauren are waiting to be fed.

"It's about damn time you got here," Luke says. "You've kept three hungry women waiting and as beautiful as they are, it is not a pretty sight when they are hungry."

No sooner than when Keith puts down the pizza boxes and bags of breadsticks on the counter, all three women grab their plates and grab their food before the men even grab one plate. Luke, Keith and Andy just look at each other, waiting for their girlfriends to get their food before they get theirs. Once everyone got their first servings they sit around Andy's coffee table. Each couple sits with each other as expected, but Lauren sits very close to Andy as she is still the new person in the group and feeling uncomfortable. This is her first time being with everyone and is feeling overwhelmed.

"So what is everyone's plans for Christmas?" Melissa asks the group.

"Well Jackie is coming to spend Christmas with my family," Keith says.

"You already know our plans," Luke says rubbing Melissa's back.

"Lauren and I will splitting Christmas day between her family and mine as they are both pretty close," Andy says as he rubs Lauren's back trying to comfort and relax her.

"Well," Melissa starts, "would anyone object to secret Santa amongst each other?"

"Only as long as the couples don't end up picking each other," Jackie says. "Some of us might already have presents picked out and wrapped."

"Agreed," says Luke. "But when would we meet to exchange the gifts?"

"Why not the Saturday before?" Melissa suggests. "Other than last minute shopping, I don't see a reason why we couldn't meet up to exchange the gifts."

Everyone agrees to the date. Andy gets some paper and tears off six pieces with everyone's name written on each piece. Keith gets a bowl from the cupboard and everyone draws a name, keeping each piece hidden from each other's eyes. Slowly everyone put their piece of paper in their pockets and the conversation turns to funny stories that happened over Thanksgiving. While Keith and Jackie didn't have anything funny to share, Luke engaged in a belching competition with Melissa and her family only to have Melissa beat them all. Jackie merely shook her head at knowing how much Melissa loves to burp, but everyone else was in shock.

"Yep, my girl loves to belch," Luke says proudly.

"You might have found a keeper," Andy says.

"Why else would I still be with her if she wasn't so awesome?"

Before long all the pizza was gone and conversation started to stall. Luke and Melissa had said they had some things to do. They said their goodbyes and left. A short while later Lauren said she had to go to work and Andy walked her to her car. Keith and Jackie watched from the window as Andy opened her car door and gave her a long kiss before she got in and drove off to her job.

Andy asked if Keith and Jackie could stay for a minute to ask them something. They sat down and Andy got ready to talk.

"So what are both of your honest opinions about Lauren?"

Jackie decided to speak up first. "I think she is a little shy in our big group, but I don't blame her. Luke and Melissa are strong personalities and can be overwhelming at times. You two are more comfortable to be around but it is still a lot of people in our group now."

"She did seem more comfortable when it was just Jackie and I with her when we first me," Keith adds in. "Maybe a double date where it is just the four of us would be better suited for her."

"Perhaps," Andy says pondering the suggestion. "But there have been a couple times lately when I'm with her on dates she seems distracted. I tried asking if anything is going on, but she only tells it is nothing for me to worry about."

"Do you think her stalker is back?" Keith asks.

"I don't think so. I'm sure I scared him off."

"What do you think Jackie?"

Jackie takes a minute to think before she speaks. "I don't know much about her. I only know what you two have told me and the little interaction I've had with her."

"I just wish I knew what to do," Andy says feeling defeated.

Jackie can see how worried Andy is that something else is going on with Lauren. She looks over at Keith who seems frustrated. She's not sure if it is because Andy is in the situation he is in or if he thinks she's playing him. Then she thinks to herself that maybe the situation is something that Lauren doesn't want to talk to a guy about, even her boyfriend.

********************************************

"Two more orders for you Bob," Lauren shouts into the kitchen as she places the tickets down. She looks out into the diner and is thankful that the late lunch rush is over. Business during the day was always a mix of slow and busy. However, she would have never had thought so many people would come in after one in the afternoon for lunch. In the end, she was thankful because she got some big tips, but felt exhausted.

She started bussing the tables and getting the dishes washed. When that was done she went out back into the diner to a woman sitting down at a booth. She put on her happy waitress face and went to the new customer only to see that it was Jackie of all people.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Jackie looked back at her, happy to see Lauren was indeed working today. "I heard from a friend this place has good food and I'm hungry."

"And why aren't you at work?"

"I get off at two and I didn't have much to eat on my lunch break."

Lauren looks at the clock on the wall and sees it is almost three. "Ok then, can I start you off with a drink?"

"Lemonade and I'm actually ready to order my food."

"What will you have?"

"Two Coney dogs with everything on them and a side of fries."

Lauren writes down the order. "I'll get you your lemonade in a minute and the food should be out in about ten."

She gives the cook the ticket and gets Jackie her cup of lemonade. The cook rings the bell letting her know the two orders she put in a few minutes ago were ready. She grabbed the plates from the pass and gave them to the customers at the other end of the diner. Once done with that, she headed back to check on Jackie.

"How's the lemonade?"

"Really good," Jackie says with a big smile. "How has work been today for you?"

"Crazy busy the last two hours," Lauren says, relieved that it has slowed down. "I can't wait to take a nap when I get home and relax."

"What time does your shift end?"

"It should be ending at four but sometimes my replacement is usually late."

"Well, I guess that kinda works out because I was hoping we could talk."

The cook rings the bell letting Lauren know Jackie's food is ready. "I'll be right back." She grabs the plate from the pass and brings it over to Jackie. "Is there anything I can get for you?"

"No thank you."

Lauren walks away and busses some more of the tables. She then heads to the two customers at the other end of the diner and they say they are very pleased with their meal. She asks if they want their check but they decide to give her enough cash right then and there for the meal and a big tip on top of it. She couldn't believe how generous they were being.

A few minutes later Lauren's replacement comes through the door and she couldn't be happier. She would still have to wait until four to clock out, but at least she wouldn't have to wait longer than that.

She goes over to Jackie to see how she is going on her food and is amazed that there is nothing left on the plate.

"You must have had a small lunch because you downed those Coney dogs in no time."

A grin forms on Jackie's face. "You should see me when I'm hungry around Keith. We try to see who actually finishes first and I may actually beat him once in a while."

Lauren lets out a little laugh and shakes her head. "You two are crazy."

"Yes we are."

Lauren takes a quick look around and sees no new customers have come in. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Can you sit down?"

"Sure." Lauren sits down across from Jackie.

"So you know Andy and Keith are very close and they talk about everything." Lauren nods her head. "Well, Andy asked Keith and me our honest opinion about you."

"What did you and he say?"

"Keith said you're pretty shy in the big group setting and I honestly haven't formed an opinion yet because I haven't gotten to know you that well yet."

"Ok," Lauren says, wondering where this is going.

"Well, Andy then told us you seemed distracted lately on some of your dates. He's kind of worried something is going on that you're not telling him."

Lauren lets out a sigh. "I don't mean to worry him, but it just seems like there is stuff he is hiding from me."

That caught Jackie by surprise. "What do you think he's hiding from you?"

"Well, stuff about him and Keith. They do have a strong friendship and I've asked how it got so strong. He tells me stories about some stuff they went through in college together, but I feel like there is more than what he is telling me. It just seems like he is very protective of Keith and it bugs me that he won't tell me why."

Jackie starting feeling uncomfortable because she knew why Andy was hiding Keith's Asperger's from her and she didn't want to tell her. This was something Keith needed to share on his own terms. She thought back to the night Keith revealed to her that he had Asperger's Syndrome and how everything played out. While everything worked out in the end, it still could have been very disastrous where they might have ended their friendship.

"Maybe it is not something Andy should tell you, but instead be heard from by Keith."

"But what could it be?" Lauren asks frustrated. When Jackie doesn't give a response or even seem to think about what it could be, Lauren wonders if Jackie is hiding the truth as well. "Do you know?"

Jackie wasn't sure what to say, but lying would just make things worse. "Yes, I do know."

"How long have you known?" Lauren asks, wanting to know the full truth.

"I've known for a while and the way I found out was pushing Keith too hard to tell me the truth. It almost ruined our friendship because I pushed and he didn't react kindly to it. I don't blame him because it is something he needs to tell people when he is ready."

Slowly Lauren started to understand what Jackie was telling her. "Is there anything I need to be worried about with Keith if I'm ever alone with him or anything?"

Jackie looks into Lauren's eyes and smiles. "You don't need to worry about anything. Just know he puts you in his circle of friends so you are in a great group of people."

That puts Lauren's mind more at ease. "Thank you Jackie. This actually helped me a lot."

"I'm glad. So, what is your work schedule like for the rest of the week?"

"I work a four hour breakfast shift on Friday and the rest of the week I'm working the lunch and dinner shifts."

"Want to hang out with Melissa and me Friday night? Just us girls."

"Sure," Lauren says with a huge smile on her face. "It's been a long time since I've hung out with just women."

********************************

"Next round is on me," Andy says, trying to wave down their waitress.

"Slow down Andy," Keith says, amused at his best friend. "I know it's been a long time since you've had a Friday night free from the bar, but pace yourself."

Luke starts laughing at Keith. "Dude, let him enjoy his freedom from work. How long has it been since you've had a Friday night off anyway?"

Andy looks up trying to think of how long it has been. "At least a year. I never asked for a Friday off or wanted it off because the tips were always great and when I got promoted to manager it made sense that I work on the busiest nights."

"Good thing you trust Sidney to run it with you not there then," Keith says.

"I wouldn't be training her to be my eventual replacement at Brownstead or another place if I didn't think she couldn't handle it. She's very driven and handles herself well when things go wrong."

"Sounds like you need to leave her in charge more often so you can step back and relax," Luke says offering his opinion.

"I have thought about that actually. I was thinking one week a month I'll let her have the reins of the place and see how she does."

The three of them continue to chat and drink. They definitely start to feel the buzz after their fourth round of beers. They had ordered some food, but it didn't arrive until their third round.

"So Keith," Luke says, "what happened that one night?"

Keith looks at Luke confused. "Which night? There are many nights that have happened since we've met."

"The night where you and Jackie got into an argument that almost ended the relationship before it began."

"But our relationship didn't end and if anything, it made us closer," Keith says, trying to end the conversation then and there.

"But what was the argument about?"

"Nothing you need to worry about."

"Look, I consider Jackie my sister. I know you protected her from that creep that tried to date rape her, but it's been bugging me that you two never fight, yet there was something that caused something where you two almost ended it."

"It's personal," Keith pleaded. "She and I resolved it and it is really not your concern."

"Keith," Andy speaks up to get his attention. "Maybe we should tell him."

"Andy, stay out of this," Keith says frustrated. "It's for me to tell on my terms."

"Dude, whatever it is you can tell me," Luke says. "It can't be something that bad if Jackie is still with you."

Keith was still not sure how Luke would react. This was his secret, his fatal flaw. He always had the option of not telling him, but what would that do to their friendship? How would the friendship change if he tells him? He was ready to just shut down, call it a night, get a cab and go home. He could get his car the following day

Andy could tell the internal battle his best friend was going through and knew it was only a matter of time before he crashed and burned. He puts a hand on Keith's shoulder and he looks at him. Andy nods, letting Keith know he has his back whatever he decides. This made Keith feel comfortable again and relaxed. In that moment he made his decision and turned his head to look at Luke and was ready to tell him the truth.

"I have a high functioning form of autism known as Asperger's Syndrome." Much to Andy's and Keith's surprise, Luke didn't looked shocked, but he didn't act like he knew either. If anything he looked like he was distracted.

"Luke, everything ok?" Andy asks.

"It's just that um," Luke was struggling to find the words he wanted to say. It took him a few seconds before he gathered his thoughts. "Melissa doesn't know, but I do know about her younger brother. One of her aunts told me once when we were all hanging out, including the part where he had Asperger's."

All three of them went quiet. None of them saying anything as minutes pass. Occasionally one of them sips their beer, but nothing is said after that.

"Melissa said she wished that he and I could have been friends," Keith says. "It would have been nice knowing someone else with Asperger's."

Andy smiles but also shakes his head. "God forbid you two actually find a topic that you both have been passionate about."

"Why would that be a bad thing?" Luke asks confused.

"When Keith gets started talking about something he's passionate about, it is hard for him to stop. Now add someone else who is just as passionate who doesn't know when to stop."

"Are you saying that is worse than two women talking about their favorite movies or comparing all their clothes?" Luke asks, hoping that answer is no.

"Sadly," Andy starts not wanting to say what he is about to say, "it can be much worse."

"Oh come on," Keith says defensively. "It can't be that bad."

"That's because you have a hard time reading facial cues," Andy says.

"Ok, I do, but you know better than to let me ramble now. If I do, it's your fault."

"Or you could simply learn to look at my handsome face and see that I'm either not interested or annoyed.

"Sorry, only face I want to look at is my girlfriend's. She's much better looking than you."

"And mine is much better looking than yours."

Luke laughs at the banter going on between Keith and Andy. It has been so long for him since he's had any quality guy time. This feels even better because he is with two goof balls that are honest goof balls. They don't hide who they are. He whips out his phone and takes a short video without the two even noticing. He sends the video to Melissa knowing the girls would love it and laugh.

************************************

Melissa hears the notification from her phone. She puts her glass of wine down and picks up her phone and watches the video that Luke sent her.

"Hey," Jackie protests. "Put the phone down."

"No, you two need to see this," Melissa says, having trouble containing her laughter.

Jackie and Lauren move so Melissa can show them the video. Immediately they start laughing as well. The video ends and Jackie can't help but shake her head at Keith.

"At least we know our boyfriends know who is truly the most beautiful and awesome," Jackie says with her arm around Lauren.

"Yes they do," Lauren replies also giving Jackie a one arm hug. "Too bad Luke wasn't joining the banter."

"Well," Melissa says, "he doesn't have to convince anyone that I'm the sexiest woman alive. After all, he chose me and makes me feel oh so sexy in bed."

"Someone has had a little too much to drink," Lauren says, not expecting any bedroom chat as she and Jackie sit back down on the couch.

"No, she is very open about her experiences in the bedroom when sober," Jackie says. "When she starts getting buzzed though, she is very hard to convince to stop talking about it."

"We all enjoy sex in some form," Melissa replies not ashamed. "Besides, I still remember the big smile on your face when I caught you spooning with Keith the night after you two finally did it."

12