It Didn't Work Out Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You look very cute Honey, but are you sure it's sexy enough?" Don asked. As soon as he said it, he could tell it was the wrong thing to say.

"Listen to me carefully, Don. I'm not trying to seduce her. I'm just going to a soccer game with her. I want to make sure we are friends. And once again, I haven't even made up my mind to do anything," she said. The frost in her voice told him exactly how far off base he was. She had her hands on her hips as if to emphasize it.

Don held up his hands and tried to calm her down. "Okay, okay! I get it. Well you look very nice for that. Really, Honey!"

It didn't seem to help much. She stalked over to the door and grabbed her coat. She paused with her hand on the doorknob. Bridget took in a few breaths and then turned her head to look back at Don. "I'm going to the soccer game with Sian. We are going out for pizza afterwards so I don't know when I will be home. I will see you then."

She was already out the door before he said okay.

By the time she got back to the gym, Sian didn't have much longer to work. When she came out of the locker to meet Bridget, she gave her a quick look up and down. "Nice," she said. "I like the outfit. Is it something new too?"

"Except for the boots, not really. Just kind of regular stuff I had around. The boots are new however. I needed a nice pair of higher boots!" Bridget smiled at Sian. "You look great too!" Sian was also wearing jeans with high boots, although her boots were tighter than Bridget's. Under her coat, Bridget could see a nice cable sweater.

"Thanks." Sian blushed a little. It was the first time Bridget had seen her do that. She already looked pretty. It just made her a little cuter. Sian wasn't used to getting complements, even when she was with her girlfriend, so she felt a little uncomfortable getting them.

The rest of the day was very fun. Sian needed to get something to eat right away so they drove in Sian's small car to a little place where she got a sandwich and Bridget got a salad. After that they went to Sian's home so that she could get her stuff together for the game. It gave them lots of time to get to know each other better. Bridget liked Sian's small apartment but while it was well decorated, there were odd gaps in the wall hangings and pictures. Bridget finally figured out that these must have either been pictures of Sian's ex or things that she took with her when she moved out. Bridget was glad that she hadn't asked about it.

Because they were chatting so much, getting ready took up more time than normal so in the end they didn't have much time to spare. While she didn't mind looking good when she could, Sian was also practical. She put on her soccer uniform and then threw on sweat pants and a pullover sweatshirt. It just made sense and was easy. As she was combing her hair in the bathroom before coming out, she looked at herself and frowned momentarily. She wished she looked a little nicer. Bridget was there and she looked so good. And even though Sian knew there was nothing there, she sort of would like Bridget thinking she was attractive. As it was, Sian didn't put on any makeup and other than her hair looking nice for now, she felt plain in comparison to Bridget.

"Oh well," she thought. "At least I'm not trying to date her!" She smiled. It took a little of the pressure off her.

It didn't take long after they got there for Sian to be proved right. One of the guys that she knew made a comment to her about the babe she was dating. And Bridget overheard the phrase "what a waste of a woman" made about her by a couple of guys from the other team. It was fortunate that Sian didn't overhear them. With her acquaintance who was actually trying to make a sincere complement, she just explained that Bridget was a friend and married. Hearing the other comment would have really pissed her off and she had a reputation for being an aggressive opponent. She would have taken revenge on the field even if it got her a red card.

In the end, it was a hard fought game. Sian's team won when she scored the only goal late in the game on a fake that completely fooled the goalie, leaving an open shot for her. She looked over at Bridget and was pleased to see that she was on her feet cheering. The rest of the team mobbed her and Sian was able to hide the big grin on her face.

After the game, they followed one of the other guys in their car to get to the pizza parlor. They piled into a couple of large booths that barely fit everyone. It was mostly the team with only a couple of other people like Bridget. She and Sian were crowded together on the inside corner of the booth. The group was loud and boisterous. It reminded Bridget of when she was in college. They seemed to accept her readily and included her in the conversation. A couple of the guys tried flirting with her but she gave them no encouragement. After trying once or twice, they good-naturedly moved on.

Bridget was very aware of Sian's close proximity. When they talked, their faces were very close together. Sometimes when it was particularly loud, they would take turns speaking in the other's ear. Bridget liked it. It didn't really excite her but there was a feeling of intimacy that was built. Even as a few of the people left, Bridget didn't move down to get a little more space. She enjoyed the feeling. They started talking about work and that degenerated into some gossip about people at the gym. It was innocent stuff but Bridget liked the different perspective it gave her of the gym.

Finally Bridget looked at her watch and realized it was starting to get late. She had work in the morning. They said their goodbyes and headed back to the car. Driving back, they continued to chatter. They were having so much fun that even when Sian parked at the gym they kept talking for a little while. Sian hadn't had such a good time in a while and she was reluctant to end it.

Eventually Bridget noticed the time again and swore. "Damn, I really have to go. I get up early so that I can be back here for my workout. Thanks for inviting me Sian! I had a great time!"

"Me too. We have to do something again soon! Too bad you work out so early. I'm not there yet," Sian said.

"I know but it's been the only time that works for me," Bridget said. But as she did, she wondered whether that was still the case. Don agreed that she would be given the time she needed to develop the relationship. Maybe she could work it out, at least for some days. She got out of the car and went around to Sian's open window. Bridget tarried a few more minutes while they kicked around a few ideas for getting together. In the end, they just agreed to call and talk about it.

As expected, Don was waiting for her when Bridget got home. He looked up from the TV as soon as she stepped through the door. Before he could even say a word, she held up her hand. "Nothing happened. I told you. We just had a fun time with her friends from the soccer team. Nothing worth telling you, Don, I swear." Bridget went over behind him on the couch and hugged him, resting her chin on his head. "I'm sorry, Sweetie. It's going to take some time. And now I need to go to bed. Are you joining me?"

"SportsCenter will be over in 20 minutes. I think I will watch that and then come," he said as he turned back to the TV. He missed the little frown that passed over her face as she thought about how she had been gone all day. And apparently since she didn't have anything juicy, he wasn't really interested. Suppressing the sigh that she wanted to make, she went to bed.

During the work week, Bridget was able to see Sian three days. She guessed right. When she brought up working out in the evening which meant that he would have to cook, he agreed to the change without an argument. It was a bit of another sore spot for Bridget since she had tried to get him to help with dinners for years and he never would. So she switched to working out in the evening on Tuesdays and Thursdays while still doing mornings the other day. Both of those were days that Sian had training sessions in the late afternoon and into the evening. Bridget timed her own workout so that she finished at the same time as Sian. That gave them a bit of time to talk before they both went home. Sian also surprised her by coming in early on Friday and they worked out together. Bridget had never really worked out with someone else and had a bit of an attitude about people who did. Most of them spent more time talking than working out. She loved talking with Sian, but she also took her workouts seriously. Sian had the same attitude so Bridget found she was very happy with it. If anything, she got more out of the arrangement because Sian couldn't help but give her some pointers that improved her workout.

When they finished with their workout, they stood talking for a few minutes as they both wiped off sweat. As they started to walk to the locker room, Sian looked over at Bridget. "I know we have been spending a lot of time together this week, and I don't want to monopolize all your time, but I noticed last night that a local jazz band I like was playing tonight by the University. I was wondering if you might want to go and hear them," Sian said. After a few moments she added, "Your husband would be welcome to come along if he wants. You probably haven't seen him enough this week."

For a moment Bridget was quiet as she thought about it. She wanted Don and Sian to get to know each other and to like each other. That was true whether or not she and Sian stayed just friends. She was already having a hard time imagining not having Sian in her life. They had bonded so quickly. At the same time, she worried that Don would act in some way that would scare away Sian. But Sian was right, she felt like she needed to make sure that Don still felt like a priority in her life. She couldn't pull away without it doing the damage that she feared.

"Sure, I would love to go. I'll call Don from work and ask him if he wants to come along. Thanks for asking, Sian!" Bridget replied with a smile.

When they came out of the locker room, they both headed towards the exit. Fridays and Saturdays were Sian's day off. For the first time, it felt natural to both of them to hug goodbye. It was very quick and friendly but Bridget felt the tingle from it the whole way to work.

When she got into her office, Bridget shut the door and called Don's cell phone. She hoped he was still in the car as he didn't have his own office and she didn't really want to have this conversation where others could hear.

"Hi Honey," Don answered the phone after only a couple rings. She could hear that he had her on speaker and was in the process of turning off the radio. "How was your workout?"

"Hi Sweetie. It was good. It was harder than normal because Sian ended up being there and we worked out together. She pushes me just a little bit more than I push myself," Bridget said with a chuckle. "Anyhow, when we were finishing up she asked if I might want to go with her tonight to see a jazz band. And she invited you too. I thought you might want to meet her. But Don, you have to behave just like this is what it really is. We would be going out with a new friend of mine, not with a potential bed partner. You start saying things like I would love to see the two of you together then you are going to freak her out. So I'm asking you honestly if you can do that; because if you can't be sure, I don't want you coming. I'm hoping the answer is yes because it would be nice to spend time with you too." Bridget finished what she had to say.

For a few moments there was silence. She could tell that he was still there from the road noise. "Honey, I know what you want and I'm just thinking to make sure I can," Don said. He went quiet for a little longer before he started talking. "Honey, right now you two are just friends. I need to be able to treat her like any of your other friends even if I am wishing and even thinking that it will become something more. Plus I will be honest, and even with behaving, I want to see the two of you together. I'm sorry but I don't want to lie to you either, Honey. Is that good enough for you?" Don asked.

"I appreciate the honesty, Sweetie. I mean, I pretty much knew that but I'm glad you know it too. We are going to meet her there at 8:30 and get a bite to eat before the show starts. Have a good day at work! I'll see you when you get home," Bridget replied. When Don finished his own goodbye, she ended the call. She sighed. She was glad they would get some time together but at the same time, there was a little part of her that didn't want to share Sian. "What a complicated life I'm weaving," she thought as she started to work.

As usual, Bridget was the first person home. She didn't mind as they were going out so she didn't need to cook. And it gave her more time to decide what to wear. In her mind, it was almost like she was going on a double date. With Don, it absolutely was a date with her husband. She wanted to look good for him and make sure he appreciated her. With Sian, it was different. On one hand, there was the feeling that you never want a girlfriend to think that you don't look good. It wasn't quite competition, at least for Bridget, but still there was an image to reinforce. And on the other hand, despite not being ready to take the next step Bridget wanted Sian to find her desirable.

She tried on multiple outfits before finally settling on a skintight pair of jeans with little metal rivets down the legs, a black silk blouse that she buttoned down one button more than where she felt comfortable, and a pair of black boots. They were similar to what Sian had worn the other day and hugged her calves but the heels were much higher and really brought out her legs. As she turned around, Bridget liked what it did to her ass too. After that she did her hair. She put it up in back as usual but spent much more time than usual to get the right amount of locks pulled down on either side to frame her face. She curled them slightly so that they were loose ringlets. Once she was satisfied, she put on just enough make up. She wanted something understated as she suspected that Sian favored that.

Bridget was just putting on the finishing touches when she heard Don opening the front door. Looking at the clock, she realized there was still an hour before they would need to leave. She was already impatient. Taking a deep breath, she checked one more time and then went out to greet Don. He smiled with approval as she came towards him.

"Somebody wants to look hot," he said, causing Bridget to blush. That caused him to laugh a little. "Yup, got that one right," he added. "Well you succeeded, Honey!" He gave her a big hug and then kissed Bridget. It was turned from a normal greeting kiss into one with more passion. Bridget pressed her body into Don's and was rewarded by feeling his cock harden against her. It was reaffirming to know that she could turn him on, not just this fantasy. When the kiss ended, they had matching smiles. It felt nice.

They didn't stay together like that for long. Don was dressed up for work and wanted to get into some more comfortable clothes so he kissed her lightly one more time and then went into the bedroom. Unlike Bridget, he was changed and back out in less than 10 minutes. He was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. He grabbed his leather jacket out of the closet and put it by the door.

For a while they talked about their days but as it got closer to the time to go, Bridget turned the conversation to Sian and the evening. She was worried still that he would do something that would hurt her budding friendship.

"You remember what we talked about this morning, Don? This isn't about me going to bed with Sian. We are just going out to hear some music and have some food with a friend of mine," Bridget said. She knew she sounded a little harsher than she meant to. She tried to soften it. "I am only mentioning it because I can tell you are excited and I don't want things to get ruined."

Moving back over to where she was standing, Don gave her a hug. Bridget's arms slipped around him and hugged him back. Looking into her face Don said, "Honey, I understand. Tonight is just for the fun of the night. You aren't ready to do anything and Sian isn't either. I mean, you two are just friends so she isn't there. It's a future thing." He kissed her lightly before going on. "I have two jobs tonight. First is to have fun and second is to get along with your friend."

Bridget smiled at him. "Oh I hope you succeed at both, Sweetie! I know you like jazz and I really like Sian and I want you to like her as well. No matter what, I want her in my life and that means you two need to like each other."

"I will try to be at my most non-pushy charming self!" Don laughed. His hands drifted down to cup Bridget's ass and pull her closer against him. "But I will be lying if I said that I'm not going to be turned on seeing you and her together. Even though nothing is going to happen and I won't say or do a thing, I will still picture the two of you together. But I promise you that I won't make you look bad in front of your friend!" Don hoped that would be good enough for Bridget.

Pressed against him like that, Bridget could feel that he was slightly erect. She felt fairly sure that he would do what he promised. She pulled one hand out from behind his back and hit him lightly on the chest. "You better not," she said with a smile and then she pressed her hips against him and ground her mound against him. She kissed him hard and pushed her tongue into his mouth. They stood like that for a minute. Pulling her mouth off his, Bridget looked at him. "I know it turns you on, Sweetie. I don't mind. Just keep it in your head for now." She gave him one more light kiss and then went to go get her coat. It was a dark green army jacket that she had picked up at a surplus store. Looking in the mirror, she checked her hair one last time and then fixed her lipstick.

"Let's go. I don't want to be late," Bridget said as she checked her phone for the time. Don laughed again and followed her out the door.

Once they got to the University neighborhood, Don lucked out in finding a parking spot close to the bar. It was only a short walk to get there. Once they were past the bouncer, Bridget looked around trying to find Sian. They pushed their way through the crowd by the bar. When they were past it, she saw Sian waving at them from a booth. By the time they were at the booth, Sian was standing and ready to give Bridget a hug. It was a long one and Bridget loved how tight it was. Don enjoyed their embrace too, even if it was just friendly. It gave him a hint of what it could be like. His cock stirred again. Finally Sian let go of Bridget and turned to Don. They shook hands and said hi. They had seen each other around the gym and talked once or twice so it wasn't like they were total strangers.

"I love your outfit, Sian," Bridget said. "You look really cute!" Sian smiled and twirled around. She was wearing men's jeans that fit her quite loose with a white men's shirt that was buttoned down to show the top her camisole underneath and a black tie that wasn't done up very far. She finished it off with a black suit jacket.

"Kind of a dyke uniform, I know but it's comfortable," Sian said with a lopsided smile.

"I don't know about that, but it looks very good on you," Bridget replied. Her sincerity made Sian's smile get larger and light up her face. It was really a great smile, Bridget thought.

Sian looked over at Don who was smiling. "I bet Don wishes it was a little tighter. More like this hot outfit his wife is wearing!"

Blushing, Don shook his head. "You look good just the way you are, Sian."

Sian smiled at Bridget. "Good answer. You have trained him well."

Bridget laughed and hugged Sian a little again. "He's a good guy," she said.