It's Nice to Be Included

Story Info
Younger sister already knew about her siblings' relationship.
12.1k words
4.57
238.3k
237
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Xarth
Xarth
14,583 Followers

How do you tell your older brother and sister you know they're having sex? There was no good way that I could think of. In many ways it just seemed better to keep it a secret, and for a while that's what I did.

That was until one day when I was headed to my room and accidentally overheard my mother and sister in the middle of a heated argument. I didn't think of myself as particularly nosy most of the time, but I couldn't help stopping to listen. Because we were sisters, my room was right next to Monica's and that made it easy enough to duck out of sight if I thought I might be caught eavesdropping.

Very quickly I caught the gist of the issue which was mom had found out that Monica had been having sex in the house. I didn't know how she'd found that out and I wasn't sure I wanted to. I was hoping it wasn't anything more than an improperly disposed box of condoms or something.

Whatever it had been, mom would of course not realize the true situation and would assume that my sister had been sneaking some unknown boy into her room. Not an unfair assumption, given that it was exactly what my first guess had been too.

Given that our rooms were right next to each other, and that my bed was directly against our shared wall, my first clue about Monica's secret had been the sounds I heard late at night while I supposed to be asleep. Since the real situation hadn't even occurred to me, I too assumed she had a boyfriend over that she didn't want anyone to know about for whatever reason. Unlike mom, I didn't mind all that much and didn't think it was any of my business. It had taken me several weeks to figure out what was actually going on, and then only because I happened to go to the bathroom at just the right time to catch my brother David entering her room on my way back.

Most of the time I wouldn't have interfered in such a dispute, but in this case I knew Monica didn't have a way out since she couldn't very well explain who she was seeing and mom wasn't going to give up on that point easily. It would be better for everyone if the subject was dropped as far as I was concerned.

A little nervously I walked over to the doorway of my sister's bedroom. Both her and mom fell silent immediately as they caught sight of me, not that I expected any different. I may have been eighteen, but to my mother I was still her baby and it wouldn't have surprised me if she hoped I still didn't know what sex was. There was no way she was going to keep up an argument about it with me present.

I played up my best 'I don't want to interrupt' act, fidgeting with my hands and bouncing slightly from foot to foot as I broke the silence.

"Um, I just... I mean I can come back, but I have a biology assignment due tomorrow and Monica said she'd help me with it," I said.

I didn't have any such assignment of course, nor would Monica know anything about it, but she picked up on what I was doing right away. She said absolutely nothing and just looked at mom with a similar expectant expression to my own.

Mom caved easily as I knew she would. She was a sucker for us getting our schoolwork done and it was usually a good excuse for getting out of something more unpleasant, though with my siblings now in university it didn't always work as well for them anymore. They were expected to be more responsible for their own studies.

"Oh, okay sweetie," mom said, still somewhat off-balance from my interruption. "I won't keep you two from it then, it's good to see you working together like that. But," she warned, pointing a finger at Monica, "don't think we aren't going to continue this conversation."

"Yes mom," Monica said, not quite defiantly enough to get in trouble.

My sister followed me out of her room and into mine where she flopped down on my bed and waited until I closed the door.

"Thanks, I owe you," she said.

"No problem. I thought it was better for everyone if she didn't keep interrogating you."

"Enh, I could have handled it. Though I'm thinking she would have started really getting pissed at me soon, so good timing on your part."

"Yeah. It would have been hard getting her to calm down when you couldn't tell her what she wanted to know."

Monica gave me a funny look, like I'd said something confusing. I tried to ignore it as I climbed onto my bed too and sat with my back against the wall.

"So I take it you overheard a lot of that," she ventured.

"Enough of it."

"Well I hope you're less nosy and aren't going to ask who it was," she said, trying to make it a joke and not really succeeding.

"Nah, I already know anyway."

My heart started beating noticeably harder as I spoke. Somehow I'd stumbled onto probably the best opportunity I was going to get to tell Monica I knew about her and David. I was nervous as hell about it though.

My sister looked surprised for a second, then broke into an uneasy smile.

"Listen, whoever you think it is, it isn't. Can we just leave it at that?"

Part of me wanted to just accept that and maintain the status quo, but a bigger part of me didn't want to leave it there. I was still scared of her reaction though and I pulled my knees up to my chest as though it would help protect me somehow.

"Mon, I know okay? You don't have to... I mean it's not really my business, but I wanted you to know. Just please don't try to argue with me on this, I'm not stupid."

Rather than surprised this time, Monica looked absolutely stunned and completely unsure how to handle what I was telling her.

"I know you're not stupid," she said slowly. "You don't need to worry about that. But could you maybe just tell me who it is so we're both definitely on the same page."

"It's David," I said, nodding my head in the general direction of his room so there was no confusion which David I meant.

"Fuck," she said, letting out a long sigh. It was more a statement of resignation than anything else. "How'd you figure that out? He didn't... no, he wouldn't have told you...."

I shook my head. "You're right, he didn't. But we are kind of right next door." I tapped a knuckle on the wall that separated our rooms to illustrate my point.

"Shit, sorry. I didn't think you'd hear us. I really didn't. Though... I know we get louder than we should sometimes."

"It's okay. A lot of the time I don't even notice."

That wasn't quite a lie, but it was close. If I didn't hear them in a given night, it was usually because there was nothing to hear. For some reason I'd found myself staying awake to listen on a not-infrequent basis ever since I became aware of what was happening. It was strangely disappointing when I got nothing but some mild sleep-deprivation out of it.

"It's safer to meet in David's room," Monica said, as if she could read my mind. "We probably should have gone there every time, except he gets impatient waiting for me to join him sometimes. What can you do?" She shrugged. "Anyway, we'll be more careful about that from now on, I'll make sure of it."

"You don't have to," I said a little too quickly. "I... it doesn't bother me is all," I finished almost at a mumble.

Monica looked at me suspiciously for a moment, then slid back on the bed to sit right beside me. I couldn't quite bring myself to meet her gaze.

"Why do I feel like there's something else you want to tell me?" she asked.

I shrugged as if I didn't know what she meant, but not convincingly enough.

"You don't have to worry about it," she said. "You know my biggest secret already, there's nothing you could tell me that you'd need to be scared about."

I still refused to speak and cursed myself mentally for getting stuck in this situation. I'd wanted to tell Monica that I knew about her and David, and I didn't regret that, but there were other things I didn't want her to know.

When I remained silent long enough that Monica decided I wasn't going to say anything, she laid a hand on my shoulder reassuringly and leaned in closer to my ear.

"Do you sometimes listen to us on purpose?" she asked almost at a whisper. "Is that what you aren't telling me?"

I hesitated, then nodded. I was embarrassed that she had guessed, but at the same time at least that meant she wouldn't think it was too weird.

"And you like hearing us?" she prompted.

Again I nodded. There was nothing the least bit upset in the tone of her voice, yet I couldn't help feeling a wave of guilt pass over me. I held my knees a little tighter and did my best not to tremble. I wasn't fooling anyone.

"Aw baby, it's okay," Monica said. She hugged me and stroked my hair gently, trying to get me to relax. "You think I'd get mad at you over something like that? It's not like I haven't been doing worse."

"I know, but... I shouldn't be thinking some of the things that I do."

"You're only thinking them," she reminded me. "I'm actually doing things I shouldn't do. I assume you think about what me and David are doing?"

"Yes," I said reluctantly.

"And it gets you excited?"

"... yes," I said even more reluctantly.

"Well that's not all that surprising given that you're our sister is it? I mean, we're siblings and everything. We're not all that different in a lot of ways."

"I didn't realize it was a genetic thing," I said with a touch of sarcasm.

I actually was starting to feel better, Monica's comforting seemed to be working. It was hard to feel bad when she was holding me.

"I don't know that it's that, but it definitely could be. Or something about how we were raised. Hard to say, no one ever talks about it. No one ever admits to it anyway. Makes it really hard to figure how common fucking your sibling is." I giggled a little at that and Monica released me, presumably having decided I'd be okay. "And seriously, it is nice that we won't have to hide it from you anymore."

"Good, that's what I wanted. We're going to tell David too right?"

"Yep. You can if you want or I will. Or even better we could have some fun with him first."

"What exactly does that mean?"

My growing comfort with the situation was thrown off by the sudden twist Monica had thrown in. Telling David seemed like the right idea, but I didn't know what she had planned as far as 'having some fun'.

"Oh I just mean it'd be kinda fun to see his reaction if we let him catch us doing something naughty," Monica said. "Nothing too extreme or anything. It was just a thought though, no pressure. I need to remember you aren't as used to all this as I am."

"Oh, okay," I said with relief. "Yeah we probably better not. He might just think it's weird if we did something like that."

"You kidding? Why would you think that?"

"Um, 'cause I'm just his little sister and he probably doesn't think the same about me as he does about you."

"No, not yet. That's only because he hasn't had the chance to. You're my little sister too you know, and I promise you you're totally cute enough for him."

"Yeah see? Cute. Not 'hot' or 'sexy', I'm just not-"

"I didn't mean it like that," Monica interrupted, waving her hand dismissively. "I didn't mean it in a 'you're cute, but' kind of way. I mean it in more of a 'he'd totally be in to you' way."

"You can't know that."

"Sure I can. David and me have very similar tastes."

"I... what?"

Despite my confusion, on some level I still understood what she had said. Mostly I just couldn't believe she'd actually said it.

"You are sexy you know," Monica said as she tenderly brushed my hair away from my face. "But you've just got such an innocent look too. You know, the one that keeps fooling mom even after all these years."

Her hand never left my face and I wasn't nearly as surprised as I should have been when she leaned in to kiss me. It wasn't a very long kiss, or very forceful. It might even have been considered perfectly normal between sisters who'd been close growing up. But for us, it meant more than that.

"Maybe it is the sibling factor," Monica said, "who knows really." Then she grinned ruefully. "And I promise I won't do that again if you don't want me to. I just needed to make my point."

If nothing else, she had indeed made her point. It had been my first time being kissed by another girl and, honestly, it was hardly unpleasant.

"It wouldn't bother me if you did it again," I said, trying and failing hard to seem casual about it. "If you wanted to."

"Mm-hm, I think I might want to. As long as it doesn't bother you."

She kissed me again, for real this time. Much like when she'd hugged me there was something comforting about the experience, something that just made it feel good and not the least bit scary. Any remaining nervousness I might have had was taken away by the sheer love that my older sister managed to project. I could truly believe that she would protect me from anything bad that might happen as a result of what we were doing, silly as that thought was.

I followed Monica's lead unquestioningly when she guided me to lie down on my back more or less in the middle of the bed. Her hands roamed over my body, mostly staying in fairly innocent places like my arms or hips or belly, but I wouldn't have stopped her then if she decided to be more adventurous.

It was only when she paused for breath and gave me a moment to think that I suddenly panicked a little. I was letting things move to fast, before I'd had time to process. My sister's reassuring face smiling down at me and helped to calm me down again before I freaked out, but it had been enough to make me realize we needed to hold off for a bit.

"Mon?" I said.

"Yeah baby?"

"Could we maybe... stop for now? Is that alright?"

"Of course. I told you I wasn't going to do anything you didn't want me to."

"It's not that I don't want to," I said quickly.

"No, I know. I get it." She climbed off me and sat down cross-legged. "But I want you to remember you can say no to anything, anytime and I won't get mad, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you."

Monica glanced toward the door, then back to me.

"It wouldn't be a bad idea for you to get out some homework or something soon anyway, assuming you have some," she said. "In case mom checks up on us."

I had completely forgotten our earlier ruse and the reason my sister was in my room in the first place. I blushed slightly at letting it slip my mind and dragged my backpack over to the bed, removing some books from it and spreading them out on the mattress. With Monica supposedly helping me it made more sense for us to work there than try to have us both sit at the small desk in the corner of my room. Particularly when neither of us had yet gone out to get a second chair. It would have been too much of a giveaway that we hadn't been working.

I really did have some work that I needed to do, though Monica wasn't much help with it. While I lay on my stomach with my books in front of me, she took the opportunity mainly to tease me. She started out playing with my hair for a bit, then switched to running a finger up and down my back. Just enough to make sure I couldn't ignore her.

Luckily she didn't get any farther than that, because if she had it might have been a desperate struggle to look busy when we heard mom outside the door. As it was Monica had plenty of time to remove her hand from my back before the door opened.

"How's it going girls?" mom asked as she popped her head in.

"Pretty good," Monica answered for me. I noted that she had cleverly failed mention how much longer we'd be.

"Okay. Just checking to see if you needed anything."

That wasn't entirely true, I knew better than that. Certainly if we asked for a snack or something she'd probably bring us one, but it had mostly been to make sure we were doing what we said we would be.

"I think we're fine for now," Monica answered again.

"Alright then. Let me know when you're finished."

"Yes mom," Monica and I chorused together.

It was a good move on mom's part making sure we couldn't sneak away to something else without risking getting caught. It would have been easy enough for Monica to retreat to her room quietly without chancing mom trying to restart their argument, but now that would just lead to more trouble.

"Oh well, guess I'm stuck here for a while," Monica said once we were alone again.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, I'm sure you're really broken up over that. 'Cause you're just going to sit there and behave and you'll be bored to tears right?"

"Okay, so maybe I can find something to amuse myself," she conceded easily. "You are kind of a fun new toy for me."

I blushed a little and tried to hide it by getting back to my work. Monica ignored my reaction completely and started rubbing my back, softly at first but gradually building up until I couldn't ignore her anymore. When her hand went under my shirt I gave up my pretense of being focused and rested my head on my arms.

"What'sa matter? Done already?" Monica asked.

"Sure, why not."

I was really getting to like all the attention, not to mention getting a proper back rub without even asking for it. Whether my sister's motivation had been to try and distract me, or just to see what she could get away with I didn't much care. It just felt nice.

"So I know we haven't decided on what to do with our brother," Monica said eventually, "but how 'bout we leave it at least until tomorrow, okay?"

"'Kay," I mumbled, only half-listening.

"Good, I think it'll be fun."

****

The next morning felt somehow dream-like, like it wasn't quite real. I knew everything from the day before had actually happened, but I still got the vague, unshakable impression that I'd imagined it all. On the other hand I wasn't sure what I expected to change, because there was no reason anything should have. For mom and David everything truly was business as usual as far as they were concerned. Monica acted completely normal too, but then she'd been acting completely normal for a while now. She had practice.

I was the only one going through the motions and hoping no one would notice that something was off. It reminded me a bit of when I'd first figured out what Monica and David were up to and I'd been so sure someone would immediately suspect that I knew. It was an even less rational fear this time though since, at worst, Monica might have told David the news instead of waiting like she said she would. That wasn't anything to get more than mildly annoyed about.

It was only after sitting at the breakfast table for several minutes of no one treating me any differently that I managed to convince myself I had nothing to worry about. All I was feeling was probably little more than left over nerves from what had happened between me and my sister. I had pretty much officially made out with her after all, and if anything in my life was worth a certain amount of concern, that was it. Rather than analyzing it though I tried to keep up with conversation, partly to distract myself and partly because it meant a smaller chance of getting caught off-guard if someone asked me a question while I was day-dreaming.

Mom was the first to leave the table to go to work, and only a couple minutes later Monica rose as well.

"Alright, I need to get going," she said. She stopped beside me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I'll pick you up after school?"

I got the feeling it wasn't as much of a question as she made it sound.

"Um, okay I'll meet you when I'm done then," I answered.

"Great. See ya later."

She squeezed my shoulder gently and tousled David's hair as she walked past him on her way out. He ignored her gesture except to straighten his hair back out as soon as she left the room. It could have been a perfectly normal sister bugging her brother if you didn't know any better.

That left me alone with David. I probably should have just left well enough alone, but for some reason I couldn't stop myself wanting to make use of the opportunity to see what I could get out of him. If Monica truly hadn't said anything to him, which she most likely hadn't, then it was a wasted effort. At the same time, it wasn't like I had anything better to do.

Xarth
Xarth
14,583 Followers