It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Boo," Sam jeered, making me shake my head laughing. Only Sam could be unhappy that someone wasn't gay.

"I was so scared, I can't even," Mitch chuckled, dropping his head back into the couch.

"You know, it's not so bad being bisexual, right?" I said, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'm not saying it is," he quickly added, afraid that he had offended Jake and me. "I'm just relieved."

"Excuse me?" Jake said, now also raising an eyebrow.

"Damn, not like that. Everything is coming out wrong," Mitch apologized. "I just mean, I've been told my whole life that I was gay. It came to a point that I refused to believe that I could possibly be, but I haven't done anything to actually confirm if I would or wouldn't enjoy it. I was scared that if I actually did find out I was bi, it would just prove that everyone else was right."

"And he hates being wrong," Melissa added.

"Aww," Sam cooed.

"Sorry," Mitch said, turning to both me and Jake. "I didn't mean to offend, I swear."

Jake bump shoulders with Mitch. "It's fine. Just don't say stupid shit again. We still love you, even if you're straight," he joked.

"Now it's Brad's turn," Melissa announced.

"What? My turn?" I asked, caught off guard by the abrupt change of subject.

"I dare you to kiss Brian," she continued as if I didn't just interrupt her.

"Not this again," I groaned, rolling my eyes. "I thought I was supposed to choose if I wanted to do a dare or tell a truth."

"Fine, then I dare Brian to kiss you," Melissa said smugly.

"Unbelievable," I said, getting up.

"Wait, where are you going?" Brian called out. I continued walking, grabbing the now empty bowl of chips on the way.

"Getting more chips," I muttered as I ascended the stairs towards the kitchen. Once in the kitchen, I placed the bowl on the table and leaned my hands against the counter. The house was silent, my mom having gone to bed hours ago. Knowing Tim, he was probably on his computer playing some Dota or something.

Taking a deep breath, I exhaled slowly, shaking my head as I did. I really didn't understand their obsession with me kissing Brian. I didn't want to, and their insistence was getting pretty frustrating. Brian's not helping either, encouraging them on like it's some joke.

"You okay?" Brian's voice cut through the silence, making me jump.

"Shit dude, you gave me a heart attack," I said, taking a deep breath to calm my heart. I turned and opened a cupboard, taking out a bag of chips and tearing it open.

"Dude, is everything alright?" Brian asked again.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it," I said, pouring the chips into the bowl.

"It's just us now, you don't have to lie," he said, voice completely calm.

"I'm just frustrated with the whole kissing you thing, okay?"

"But why is it such a problem? If anything, I should be the one having a problem with this, right?" he said.

"This isn't some joke Brian."

"I know it's not," he said, coming to my side as he leaned against the counter too. "Level with me, do you like me?"

"Dude—" I started, but he didn't let me cut in.

"I swear, if you are, I'd be totally cool with it. Heck, maybe I'd even give it a shot. I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind," he joked, but I wasn't in the joking mood, to be honest.

"No, I don't like you like that," I said, looking him in the eye to let him know it was the truth.

"But?" he asked, eyes telling me that it was okay. That I could tell him anything.

I sighed. "But...I'm scared."

"Scared? Of what?"

"That I'll start liking you...like that," I muttered. Brian's eyebrows shot up, clearly not expecting that that was what I was going to say. "Pathetic, I know."

I think Brian stood there for ten seconds processing what I had just said. Once he was done with his thoughts, he turned to me, a small smile on his lips. "That's a little cliché, isn't it? I thought you didn't believe in that cliché bullshit?"

"I don't," I defended. "But I don't want to tempt fate, do I?"

"So, you're scared that you'll fall for me after one kiss," Brian said to himself. "Well, I am pretty irresistible."

"Shut up," I laughed, punching him in the arm. "But, you do know that you're easy on the eyes, right?" It was true. Brian had a very nice body, and I could confidently say that as his best friend. Hell, he would be hottie boyfriend material if he wasn't my best friend.

"Aww, stop," Brian said, slapping me lightly in the arm, causing me to laugh.

"Remember last summer, during that run we did together?" I asked, recalling a memory that suddenly came to me. Brian looked thoughtful for a minute before his face lit up.

"Oh, you mean bandana day?" he asked. I nodded, the grin involuntarily making its way to my face.

"Oh man. You know, when I got you that rainbow bandana for Pride, I didn't exactly expect you to wear it, especially not when we went out running."

"Hey, I looked cute in it. Besides, did you remember all the attention I got from it?"

"Yeah, and you broke so many hearts. I think like ten different guys came up to you asking for your number," I said.

"I was kinda evil wasn't I. And so many girls thought you and I were dating," he laughed.

"And you had to tell them we weren't and that you're straight. I swear, their faces lit up brighter than the guys that approached you."

"Until I told them I had a girlfriend," Brian added.

"You know what, yeah you're evil," I said, shaking my head. "Ah, good times."

"You really are my best friend," he said as if he had just figured it out.

"Were you doubting it?" I laughed.

"Nah," he said, before turning to me. "Sometimes I do wish that I was gay, you know? I would date you like that," he said, snapping his fingers.

"Yeah, well we can't all get what we want."

"Evan is a lucky guy, to have caught your attention," he smiled.

"So is Sam," I pointed out.

We looked into each other's eyes then. His blue eyes were so familiar, and I'm sure that my brown ones were just as familiar to him. No one knew me better than Brian, not even my mom or brother, and in that moment, I knew I trusted no one more than him. So, when I saw Brian leaning towards me, I didn't pull away.

The feeling of his lips on mine was foreign and yet, seemed familiar. A hand came up to rest behind my neck, and as I saw his eyes close, mine followed instinctively. Brian smelt of himself, a scent all his own, one that I was familiar with after the countless hours I've spent in his room. His lips tasted of the chips that we had earlier been munching, the curves of his lips I'd already known, although only from sight and not touch, and that somehow made me feel comforted.

But it wasn't like kissing Jake, or any of the other guys I have ever hooked up with. I pulled away, slowly, feeling the sensation lingering on my lips. There was no stirring in my groin, or in my heart. What did start stirring was my stomach, feeling the weird bubbling in the pit of my abdomen. I opened my eyes, seeing Brian opening his at the same time. We really were in sync.

"How was that?" Brian whispered.

"Honestly...like kissing my brother," I replied, in equally hush tones.

"Oh," Brian said, seeing his face fall in disappointment. My eyes went wide. Holy shit, I was so focused on my feelings that I hadn't considered that maybe Brian could have felt something.

"Oh, my god, Brian. I'm so—"

"Dude, I'm just pulling your leg," he said, his crestfallen face morphing into the biggest smile. I still stared at him, wondering if he was just hiding the truth. "I'm not lying, I'm straight as a pole."

"Poles can bend," I pointed out.

"Fine," he said rolling his eyes. "Straight as a ray of light, only bending in the presence of a strong enough gravitational force like a black hole."

"A science joke? You've been spending too much time with Tim," I laughed. "What was that even supposed to mean?"

"I'm straight, but I'm not saying that I would never be into a guy. Maybe one day, some guy would sweep me off my feet. You know, be the black hole to my light."

"Dude, that's deep, but cheesy as fuck," I said, chuckling.

"That was hot," a voice said from the kitchen entrance. We both turned and saw Sam standing there, a stunned expression on her face. I didn't know how long she had been watching us, but my mind immediately went to her there as we shared our kiss. Sam was my friend, and I had just kissed her boyfriend.

"Sam, how long have you been standing there?" I asked.

"Long enough," she replied.

"That kiss was nothing," I quickly said, suddenly feeling panic at kissing someone else's boyfriend. Her eyebrows furrowed at my tone, however, picking up on my panic.

"Why are you all flustered, I wanted you two to do that remember?" she said. "So, how was it?"

I struggled with my words for a moment, still trying to calm down from the sudden appearance of Sam and the possibility of her seeing the kiss Brian and I shared. "Like kissing my brother," I said, once I had finally regained my composure.

"Brother from another mother," Brian said, putting an arm around my shoulders.

I turned to him and cringed. "Don't ever say that again."

"Aww, that's no fun," Sam whined.

"Shouldn't you be happy I won't be stealing your boyfriend away from you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I feel so wanted," Brian added with a pout.

"Meh, Brian and Brad totally trumps Brian and Sam," she said, waving her hand dismissively. "Besides, I heard Jake's great in bed."

"Don't even think about it," Brian warned.

"Oh relax, I love you," she said, rolling her eyes. "I just came to get this," she said, grabbing the bowl of chips and disappearing out the kitchen.

"Oh please, you just hoped you would catch some hot guy on guy action," Brian called out.

"And I did," Sam called back, her voice fading away as she retreated to the basement.

"You're so lucky you're gay. Girls are crazy," Brian said, shaking his head.

"Which gives you guys something in common," I jabbed.

"Ha ha," he replied sarcastically. "So, all those Grindr guys, is there a real reason you're not getting any ass? When's the last time you even hooked up with someone?"

"Almost three months."

"Dude, dry spell much? What? You've turned to the life of celibacy all of the sudden?"

"Evan," I said simply.

"Whoa, you're already at that stage?" Brian said.

"What are you talking about now?" I asked.

"Dude, you so love Evan. To lose sexual desire for other people, that's some serious level love shit right there."

"Oh shut up," I said, walking away, following the path Sam took.

"You'll see Pearson," Brian called. "The earlier you get over your denial, the better it will be."

I shook my head at my best friend. Little did he know that I wasn't in denial, but just the fact that he was insane. I don't love Evan. Pfft.

12