Jack and Toby Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He woke me and it literally felt like only a minute had gone by. I got up and manned the desk while he took his break which I didn't think I was going to make it. I had to start pacing to stay awake. "Here man." Jeff handed me an energy drink.

"What, do you think I won't make it the rest of the night?" I laughed, but gladly accepted it.

"I don't know how the hell you are making it but at least you're trying to better yourself." Jeff responded.

We stood a little longer before I had to start moving around. I finished the drink halfway around the building. There were people going in and out of different secured areas, offices that I have access to only if there is an emergency. Other than that, I'm to walk the halls which I'm fine with.

After punching Scott at the other office building I try not to get too friendly with anyone. I don't want to know their personal lives. Not that I'll probably ever run into someone that is dating Jack again, but I don't want to know. It's different if they are my buddies and we go out for drinks and shooting the shit. But I see these people for a few minutes a night if that when they come out of their office.

I walked back by Jeff and he stated we only had one hour to go. Oh did I know it. I was counting down the hours all night long. Our relief shift came thirty minutes before we were to leave, Jeff had caught them up on what happened overnight, nothing. All we had to wait for was seven to come.

When I walked out of the building to the parking lot, I saw Jack waiting for me and I smiled. He was true to his word, I opened the passenger door and got in. "Hey Babe." I lean over and kissed him.

"Toby you look tired. When is your first class?"

"Eleven, one, three and quarter to seven." I laid the seat back and next thing Jack was waking me to get out of the car."

"Babe, we're home." I looked at my watch, it was almost eight. "Honey, why don't you sleep for the two hours before your dad is due to pick you up?"

I nodded my head and followed him up to the apartment. I didn't even go to the bedroom, I dropped down onto the couch. I think Jack kissed me when he left for work. My phone was sitting on the coffee table and it was ringing, when I finally answered it, it was my dad.

"About damn time you woke. Let me in." I opened the door and he was standing there with his partner. "Are you going to just stand there or you going to get dressed so we can take you to school? Shit son, you said you weren't tired?" He laughed.

"Okay, I'm tired, but if I had to drive myself, I would've made it." I looked down, I was still in my uniform, I was tempted to wear it to school but to be in it for twenty-four hours, is pressing it. I pulled on some jeans and a t-shirt grabbed my bag, keys and wallet from my other pants. "I'm ready."

I rode in the back of the cruiser to the university, it had to be a sight to be dropped off by a couple of cops and be let out of the backseat. At this point though I didn't care, I walked to my first class and did everything I could do to stay awake during the lecture.

Between classes, I always sit outside the next class since it's only an hour between them. I generally have a buddy or girl or two in each class that will wake me. The hardest ones to wait for is the night classes, when I have almost three hours between the last class and them. Sometimes it's okay, especially when I have a lot of coffee running through me. But today, I can't stay awake to save my life.

**Jack**

When I picked Toby up from school, I knew he was done. I could barely get him from the car to the apartment. I unbuttoned and pulled his pants down before he dropped into bed. If I didn't I think he would've slept all night in his clothes. He ended up sleeping with his shirt on.

Getting him through final exams were rough. Six exams and he was also working on three papers, but we made it through and he was scheduled to graduate. It still depended on if he passed all of course but he was scheduled.

I was late coming home one Thursday after finals were finished and Toby had already headed to work. I sat on the couch for a bit before making myself something to eat.

I found attached to the fridge Toby's grades. He passed. Thank God. He will graduate and he finished with a GPA of three point three and a bunch of numbers. But it's over a three point o.

I knew he wouldn't take my call at work so I texted to congratulate him. He did work so hard this term and I didn't help matters much. I was amazed he texted almost immediately back stating he couldn't have done it without my help.

Why does he have to be so damn sweet? He's what I want in a guy but I wish sometimes he had a better job and could take me places. He worked for this, he worked hard for this degree, and I stood in his way a lot of the time. Now I hope his boss is true to his word and promotes Toby. If not Toby needs to find a new job, because I'm tired of him being on nights and leaving me every weekend.

***

Summer came and went and fall is almost over, Toby still hasn't been promoted. He's still on nights but back to his rotation of three on and three off. So I get a night out with him once in a while and he promises to take me out. That is our deal no matter what, he has to take me out on any weekend night he has off.

Date night, consists of taking me to dinner anywhere I want to go. Toby had put a cap on the price though, which sucks. Maybe cause the first time I sort of cost him over two hundred dollars. Oopsie. Afterwards we go to the club and I get to dress him.

But like all things that ended after a few months, Toby said he was tired of the club scene. Blaa blaa blaa. I hate when he does that. I put up with not seeing him much for four whole months and he gets tired of the club scene, just after a few months. I still don't think that is right.

Well, I guess I'll have to find someone that likes going to the club and taking me to dinner. Not like it isn't that hard. I'll see who looks interesting, I know Todd one of the models has been showing some interest in me. He has on more than one occasion asked me out, maybe I'll take him up on his offer.

12