James & Maria Ch. 02

Story Info
First date & meeting the Mancini family.
5.5k words
4.57
13k
5

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/12/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
enlb90
enlb90
19 Followers

"Good morning, Master Stanton."

James opened his eyes as he heard his butler, Nelson, address him. Nelson Ashford never seemed like a butler but more like a friend which evolved into a grandfather figure while being in employed by Mr. Staton for over sixty years. Yes, the old reliable butler knew of his secrets as did all the other servants and staff of his house hold knew. To serve a vampire wasn't unusual for the Ashford clan they pledged themselves and their offspring to serve the Stantons faithfully in return for shelter and safety from the world's fickle ways.

 "Good morning to you too Nelson." James replied back sitting up in bed as he glanced over at his alarm clock that read 9:00 AM.

"I did not notice you come in last night, Sir." Nelson stated as he walked closer with a silver tray in hand which contained his master's breakfast, the essence of life.

Taking the glass from him, James drank the blood in a matter of seconds before setting the glass cup on the dark oak nightstand. "Sorry if I kept you up waiting for me old man but I was out in Winchest town... with my soul mate," he hesitantly said as he hoped out of the king size bed heading towards to his master bathroom.

"You found her, Sir? Does she know about your secrets?" Nelson asked curiously as he straightened the dark blue silk bed spread.

Taking a deep sigh James pops his head out of the bathroom replying back, "no old friend she doesn't know. It was very hard to confront her in the first place. She keeps her guard very high up so it's best that I not tell her right now. I think if I did though it would most likely scare her way instead of rushing to my arms."

"So she's human then. Ha, like when your father met your mother. Looks like history is repeating it's self all over again. And what's with old man? You're what five times older than me." He stated bluntly losing all formalities as he finished tidying up the bedroom as James jumped inside the shower.

After a few minutes passed James walked out, with a towel around his waist, heading straight to his walk-in closet. He stared at his clothes like a child in a candy store trying to determine what he wanted. It finally came down to an Armani suit or just his usual dark blue jeans and a black button up dress shirt. Suit would be impressive but just scream: hey I'm rich and stuck-up, plus it'd be way too hot and uncomfortable in this weather. Looks like jeans and shirt were the winner this time around. As he started to dress he called out to Nelson, "Could you go prepare my Chevelle? I'm having lunch with Maria, Oh I forgot to tell you that. Her name is Maria. Maria Mancini."

"Italian?" He asked as he pulled open the midnight blue velvet drapes open to let the sunshine in.

"I pretty sure she is. I have a picture stored in my iphone if you'd like to see." James mentioned as he walked out of his closet to retrieve his phone to show him. "Oh that reminds I have to make a copy of this picture."

Adjusting his eye glasses before looking at Maria's birthday photo Nelson curiously asked, "Master Stanton, does anyone else know about her like for instance your friends or family?"

'God my family' he thought to himself as he hooked his phone to his laptop to print the picture. He didn't know what they would think honestly, times were different, people knew back then that mythical creatures existed but now a days it was just made up fairy tales or box office hits. Not only that but his family just shows up whenever they feel like it, constantly putting their two cents in everything, and trying to control how his life should be. Then his friends oh God, how would he explain to Maria why some of them had butterfly looking wings, some flying around with broom sticks, and while others shifted into giant wolves. "I trust you to do that for me. I know how you tell your wife everything like a good little hubby, then she tells all the staff, who tells my parents, who tells EVERYONE else."

With a chuckle Nelson retorts, "Shall I tell Virginia the news now or shall I fetch your vehicle to the main entrance first and then tell her. You know she thought you and Vera would marry but then again I hear from her that Vera tries to do that with all vampires of your high status." And with that the old butler left his master's suite.

Glancing again over to his alarm clock he noticed it was already 10:00 as he called his Italian Princess, "Hello Maria."

"Oh hi James."

"I was just calling to make sure our lunch date is still on." He replied back trying to be calm and cool.

"Yeah you think I would cancel on you, Mr. Stanton?" She said with a little giggle, almost sounding flirtatious which she never was but for some odd reason he was brining that out of her.

"No not at all I was just wondering if 12:30 would be a good time to pick you up for lunch."

"That would be actually perfect. It would give me enough time before my family gets home from vacation." She replied absent mindedly while looking through her closet for clothes.

James couldn't help himself being sarcastic as he retorted back, "Why are you embarrassed of me to introduce you to your parents?"

"Oh heavens no, that's not it at all! I just didn't want to be gone when they come home that's all. I'm sorry to be rude but I have to get ready so I'll see you at 12:30 at my place."

"Alright just making sure. See you soon." James replied back before he hung up and walked out his room with her picture in hand.

Feeling like he was on top of the world he hopped on the staircase banister and slid down the railing as if he was a child. As he reached the bottom of the stair case, he jumped down gracefully before, walking toward his front entrance getting the occasional smiles and greetings from his staff. Once he closed the front door he laid eyes on his cherry red 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS, named Cheri. James quickly walked down the steps and jumped in his Cheri, he revved up the engine thinking of the birthday when his parents bought it for him when this type of model first hit the dealership lots. As he drove down his long driveway James knew that he only had only a little over two hours to get Maria's dream present. He just hoped she'd like it but was more interested in knowing what she was up to right this moment.

"Maria we're home!"

Maria was startled when she heard her father shout to her from below the stairs. Stress ensued Maria as she thought to herself, 'oh dear Mother Mary they weren't suppose to be here yet.' She wasn't worried about her parents meeting James but the twins. She felt so unequal to them they were 5'8", slender, with straight long blond hair, and everyone thought they were so perfect. Maria knew she was good looking for being Italian and all but guys preferred tall blond cheerleaders not average looking devout catholic girls. One look at the twins and she had a feeling James would be following them like a love sick puppy.

"Hello Daddy. I thought you were coming home later in the afternoon." Maria said as came down stairs to greet her father.

"Well sweetheart you must of forgotten about the time difference." He replied back as he brought in some suitcases.

"Do you any need help?"

"No Sweetheart, you can go about what you were doing." He replied back as they gave each other a hug.

"Oh I was just getting ready to go out for lunch."

"Lunch. With who?" Maria's father asked curiously.

As she began walking back upstairs she looked back with a smile, "A friend of mine." With that being said she continued her way up to her room still trying to figure on what to wear. Everything she had just wouldn't do she thought about asking the twins but they're clothes made her feel like a stripper or a hooker, she felt bad for the hookers since her step sisters keep stealing their fashion senses. 'Oh Mother Mary please forgive me for those mean thoughts.'

Time went by and before he knew it, it was 12:00 in the afternoon when he finished driving from Parterville to Winchest Town looking from shelters to the pet stores for a Great Dane for his Italian Princess. Finally he found her, a cow spotted female Great Dane that was only a few months old at the pet shop. He bought a baby pink studded collar and matching leash for her while feeling rather odd buying this girlish type of things. He left the pet shop with the puppy in his arms and headed straight to his car picturing the excitement Maria might have towards her new companion.

Before he could even start his car he looked deep into the innocent puppy's eyes and began to give her a command using his hypnotic power, "Listen well Little One, you will be good to your master, you will be obedient when your master commands to be, you shall be protective towards your master and your master's family, and most of all you will serve your master and only your master till the day you die." And with that said and done he set her in the passenger seat and started up his car, heading striaght to his Italian Princess's home.

Pulling up in front of her home he quickly took note of a black SUV and a silver Jetta in the drive way figuring it was her family he sighed to himself and looked at the dog, "Well Little One ready to meet her family." Taking a deep breath he grabbed the puppy, left his car, and walked straight to the front door before knocking on it.

After not recieving an answer James decided on ringing the door bell till he was greeted by who he assumed was Maria's step-mother. Before they exchanged any words he took a quick assessment of her, she looked to be about in her mid- forties, just about an inch or two taller than Maria, slender like her, she seemed very elegant in her black pencil-skirt and white blouse. He could tell Mrs. Mancini was very kind and treated his Italian Princess as her own daughter. It wouldn't be hard to win her approval. As for Mr. Mancini well he'll have to wait and see.

"Hello. May I help you?" Mrs. Mancini asked curiously while giving him the elevator stare.

"Yes ma'am. Is Maria here? We have a lunch date today." He replied back politely while flashing his pearly whites.

"Of course she is. Why don't you come in. I'm Mrs. Mancini but you can call me Martha." She stated as she stepped aside to let him in her home.

"Thank you, Martha. My name is James by the way."

"Well it's nice to meet you James and what a cute puppy you have here. I'll have you wait in the kitchen for Maria." Martha said as she led him to the kitchen table where Mr. Mancini was at just looking intensely at the local newspaper.

Grabbing the newspaper from her husband Martha said in a sweet yet commanding voice, "Ron say hi to Maria's friend, James."

Ron looked up at James reluctantly as if he hated any of Maria's guy friends before obeying his wife's orders, "Hello James I'm Ron, Maria's father. Would you care for a drink?"

"No thank you, sir."

"Maria! Your friend,James, is here!" Martha yelled revealing her Jewish Queens accent that she tried to hide all the time.

From the moment Martha said 'friend' and 'James' the twins appeared from out of no where it seemed. All they had on were blue jean shorts and matching hot pink tank tops exposing their tan toned stomachs and belly button rings. James ALWAYS enjoyed having girls like the twins around but when immortals meet their soul mates they instantly lose interest in everyone except their beloved. But he couldn't help to read their minds since they were already opened screaming at him to take a peek, yep they were already infatuated with his looks. He wasn't a man if he didn't admit that they were sexy drawing attention to themselves where ever they went and what some would say evilly seductive. Before Tina and Lisa could even say anything to him Maria dashed in to rescue him from their attempts to steal him away.

To James, she looked more breath taking in the daytime then combining all those times he watched her at night. He felt slightly over dressed comparing to his Italian Princess who was in jeans, a tight baseball t-shirt, and black converse all-star shoes. "Hey Maria. Are you ready to go get lunch?"

"Yeah I am. Who's your little friend? She's so cute. It's a she right since it has that pink collar?" She asked curiously not even realizing that it was her gift from him.

"It's your birthday present. I felt bad the other day that you didn't get a gift and well I saw her at the pet shop just downtown and instantly thought of you." He replied back as he held the puppy out to Maria. "Oh I almost forgot ah here's the picture you wanted. Sorry if it's a little crinkled up." Yanking the photo out from his back pocket.

Mr. and Mrs. Mancini gave each other a startled look as they realized their careless mistake. Their minds were frantically thinking what to do to make up for the lack of attention as if they simply forgot about her. James watched as they quickly excused themselves to figure out what to do or buy, listening to them argue who's fault it was for this situation they were in. He thought arrogantly how they deserved the guilt consuming feeling, whatever her parents were to do they better do their best or he just might have to out shine them again till they get it right.

"Oh thank you James. She is so adorable!" Maria said as she walked over to the counter to leave the picture behind.

"It's nothing really. Like I said I just felt really bad about last night. Anyway I was thinking it's nice and sunny outside we could just order out some burgers and fries from Rose's Diner and eat out at the park. If that's fine with you." He replied back opening the front door for his Italian Princess.

"That sounds like a great idea. I love Rose's ABC burger it sooo good and they don't skimp out on anything. Oh my goodness is that your car?" She stopped in front of the cherry red muscle car.

"Yeah that's my car. It's a Chevelle,I call her Cheri." James replied back nonchalantly while opening the front gate in front of her.

"It's so beautiful. You must take really good care of it, I mean Cheri. Oh um I wanted to ask you this but I forgot the other night. How long have you lived around here? I mean I haven't seen you around here before."

"I've lived in this area on and off again. I own a house about an hour outside of town it's been in my family since it was built few centuries ago. But onto answering the other part of your question I've been gone the past four years at Harvard business school." He felt little guilty lying to her in fact the whole thing was somewhat of a lie. Yeah he went to Harvard...AGAIN and has been the only owner of his mansion since HE had it constructed. Still it was for her own good he kept telling himself.

Maria was impressed thinking to herself, 'he must be rich to own a house outside town, have that nice of a car, and go to Harvard. Yet rich guys only are sweet and caring when they want something but he can get that from Tina and Lisa why me?' She had to brush that negative thought aside so with that she began to ask, "You never told me the other night if your parents live in this area. Do they?"

"No my mother and father reside in Alsace, France where they own a few wineries and hotels." He stated back as they crossed the street towards Oak Park.

France, wineries, hotels, and Harvard yes James Stanton was definitely one rich guy she thought to herself again while asking another question, "Do you have siblings?"

With a chuckle he replied back knowing she wouldn't believe him, "Ten, five brother and five sisters."

"Ten?! No way you're just pulling my leg. What's their names? Is your family Mormon or something?" She asked in disbelief.

"Dante, Anastasia, Fredrick, Esther, Lydia, Gregory, Charles, Nicholas, Katharine, and Abigail." He replied back without any hesitation.

"They sound like old fashion names." Maria replied back non chalantly.

"Oh well my parents like the meanings behind the names like Christian people like the meanings behind Bible names." Knowing damn well that was another LIE, they're old fashion cause they're all old in years just like him their names were all popular when they born hundreds of years ago.

"I don't believe you have ten siblings. Say their names again but faster."

"Dante, Anastasia, Fredrick, Esther, Lydia, Gregory, Charles, Nicholas ,Katharine, and Abigail." Replying back with more speed like she wanted.

"It said on your I.D. that you're 21 right? So are you the oldest?" She asked as they strolled through the park.

"Yes I am. And you're right I am 21." He replied back. LIE. God today was just not a good day in telling the truth. But now wasn't the time to say 500 years old in five months. So lost in the train of thought he didn't even notice Maria talking to him.

"James? James?" Maria called out as she waved her hand in front of his face in attempts of getting his attention.

Shaking his head a little while blinking he answered back, "Sorry dear I just kind of blanked out there. What were you saying again?"

"Oh it's nothing I was just saying that the diner is just across the street." She pointed in front of them as she was talking.

Moving in front of her he asked, "Alright so you want an ABC burger, French fries, and a root beer?"

Taking her wallet from her purse she replied back, "Yeah that's it exactly here's some cash for it."

Before Maria could even hand him her money, James dashed across the street giving her a devious grin on his face. She watched as he entered the restaurant before sitting on a picnic bench near by. Smiling to herself, thinking how perfect this date was till she looked up to see Tom... Tom was her quarter back ex-boyfriend, most popular guy in shcool, who she caught skinny dipping with her step-sisters in their back yard pool when she was suppose to have been working that night. She hadn't spoken to him in about five months so it was quite a surprise when he stopped to chat.

"Hey Maria. How's it going?"

"Oh hi Tom. I'm doing fine." She replied back nervously hoping James wouldn't get the wrong impression and think she had an interest in Tom and not him.

"That's cool so is that your puppy?" He asked casually before sitting by her.

Holding her new pet close to her acting like she was a shield she answered back, "Yeah I just got her today as a late birthday present."

Mean while James was across the street in Rose's Diner, waiting patiently next to the register for their lunch order. He turned to see what Maria was up to and felt anger consuming him as he watched some guy talking with HIS Italian Princess. It wouldn't bother him much if it was a friend but he knew by this guy's body expression and thoughts that he was no friend and wished to be more. The sandy blond was obviously a jock by his letterman jacket he so proudly wore and must be a school mate of Maria's. James was having difficulty with his vampiric side, so lost in trying to win the battle he didn't realize that his order was up till the waitress snapped her fingers in his face to inform him. Grabbing their lunch he quickly dashed out the diner and to HIS possession.

"Maria who's your friend here?" James asked still trying not to lose this battle with his dark side, who was calling for him to rip the boy's throat out.

"This is Tom Anderson. He goes to school with me at Saint Paul's High School," Maria answered back nervously feeling as if she did something terribly wrong.

Tom felt uncomfortable and somewhat afraid of this man towering over him, glaring at him with dark eyes that looked almost black so with that he excused himself from the bench, "Well I guess I'll see you around Maria. Nice chatting with you."

"Ex-boyfriend?" Was all James could ask as he handed her, her food.

"Yeah. But he really wanted Tina and Lisa instead."

"Why do you think that you're pretty like them." He replied back as he started to eat some fries. Yes French fries even if they don't sustain his kind like blood they're still damn good and tasty.

enlb90
enlb90
19 Followers
12