Jamie - The Journey Begins Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go, Jamie, go," Sam insisted, all smiles though. "Call me, ok? I don't want you to drive like a fool and kill yourself."

"One more kiss," the heat from him was searing. I could feel my self-control failing.

Ok, Stop, Jamie.

I broke the kiss, grabbed my cell phone and keys off the floor, bolting out the bedroom door, running into Sam's lounge room, past the kitchen. Some of his flatmates had returned - 'what the hell are they doing up so early?' I thought briefly. The look of surprise on their faces... well, it was funny in hindsight. If I wasn't doing the fastest walk of shame ever.

"Hi guys, bye!" I yelled as I ran out the front door.

Guess they don't see a guy run out in boxer briefs with keys and a cell phone in his hands that often. The lawn was cold under my feet. In fact, it was chilly, just in my underwear. Doing the walk... no, run of shame, to my truck. I unlocked it as I rounded the front, jumping into the driver's seat. The leather seats were like ice on my barely clad ass. Fuck Jamie, you need to grow the hell up, really.

I pulled out on to the street and voice dialled the station.

"North West Watch room."

"Pete, is that you?"

"Ah Jamie, how are you, buddy?"

"I'm running late, sorry. Can you cover for me for fifteen minutes? I've just got to grab my uniform. I'll be straight down."

"Don't stress, buddy," Pete replied. "Got you covered. You have covered for me plenty of times. Probably owe you an entire shift by now, Jamie. Please, grab a quick shower first. You either stink of booze or sex, probably both, and no one wants that," he said laughing.

I laughed back.

"Thanks, buddy. Appreciate it. See you soon."

I ended the call, hearing Pete yell out.

"Hey, Spence is doing the walk of shame," laughter filling the background.

I pulled up at home, ran up the drive and in the side door. Looking into the kitchen, Mom and Dad were sitting there chatting away with coffees in hand.

What the hell is it with everyone being up so early today?

I straightened up and just marched thru the room.

"MORNING," I said in a stern voice.

Dad replied, "You left your clothes somewhere, son?"

I didn't even stop, just kept going. I heard them both start laughing as I walked down the hallway.

Twenty-five minutes later, I was pulling into the station carpark, a fresh box of Krispy Kreme's on the front seat. Hopefully, this will distract them. I parked my truck, grabbed the donuts off the seat and headed for the open bay doors.

Yeah, the donuts didn't work. I was greeted with kisses being blown at me and a few catcalls. Love them to death, but don't let fireman have five minutes of unoccupied time, else it's going to end badly for someone. This time, me.

The day passed without too much drama, a few calls. Even had to get a bird out of a chimney. The ventilation fan worked that out quickly -- a bird, what the hell?

I found time to call Sam and apologize again. I've been so crap to him twice now. Maybe I have an issue with mornings? I always considered myself a morning person, I reasoned to myself - just circumstance, that's all Jamie, just circumstance. I also invited him to a BBQ at my folks' place before I go away.

So maybe I hadn't stuffed this up yet... yeah, give me time.

12