Janet and Justin’s Island Affair

Story Info
American career woman and Caribbean fisherman find love.
22.2k words
4.79
15.6k
8
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Erbanluv
Erbanluv
85 Followers

The deep, dazzling blue of the Caribbean Sea was like nothing Janet had ever seen before. It stretched out like a soft blanket of azure as far as her eyes could see. Overhead, the bright island sun sailed lazily across the morning sky, occasionally disappearing behind one of a handful of fluffy white clouds that floated carelessly toward the horizon.

Each time the sun disappeared behind a cloud, only to reappear a few seconds later, the color of the sea changed. One moment it was a deep emerald green, the next, a brilliant turquoise and then a shimmering aquamarine. She was captivated by the beauty that surrounded her. She found it hard to believe that at age 46, she was just seeing the splendor of the Caribbean and its lush, green islands for the first time.

She'd known for ages that she needed a vacation and this small enchanting island was perfect. It wasn't included on most of the well worn tourism itineraries and the small, exclusive hotel in which she was staying was the only one on the island. She enjoyed the non commercial attitude that prevailed amongst the island's inhabitants. It allowed her to see the island and its people as they really were, untainted by the tourism dollars that the more travelled islands were constantly chasing..

The rigors of the divorce that she and George had been enduring for the past year and a half had left her totally exhausted. Parting ways after living with someone for more than half of your life is difficult and, in her's and George's case, had taken a mighty toll. It had been a trying time, mentally and physically, for both of them. Janet felt sorry for George and still had fond feelings for him and always would, but after 26 years of marriage and two children, she wanted a new start.

When they first married, George had been their sole provider. He owned and operated a small refrigeration company and made a comfortable living. He'd been a good father to their two children and so far as Janet knew, he'd always been a faithful husband. But he hadn't changed in the least since they'd gotten married. He was happy with everything it was. To George, change was something to be avoided. He wanted every day to be like yesterday and every tomorrow to be just like today.

Janet, on the other hand, was stifled by the monotony of their life together. She yearned for something more. To her life was a journey of discovery and she was convinced that the more variety you encountered along the way, the more fulfilled you'd be. She'd grown exponentially over the last 15 years of their marriage. When the children finally headed off to school, she took advantage of an opportunity to enrol in the business program at the local university. She excelled in her studies and less than three years later, was the proud possessor of a business degree.

The degree allowed her to get her foot in the door at a local advertising agency. She had a natural talent for business and within a few years, had developed a reputation as one of the finest advertising executives in the city. In the process, she cultivated a loyal following of aggressive young companies as clients. A short time later, when the opportunity arose, she started up her own agency. It was fun and she loved her new life, but the drive to succeed took its toll on her marriage. Getting her fledgling company up and running took a lot of hard work. She spent long hours at the office and had clients calling her at all hours. George began to feel that he was no longer relevant.

She and George soon became strangers. They were spending less and less time together and the spark had gone from relationship. They both knew what the problem was. Janet needed to grow, but George would have been quite happy to have her remain at home as his dutiful wife forever; doing the housework; cooking their meals; taking care of his needs. It had been an acceptable role for the first few year of their marriage, but Janet simply wasn't the type of person who was prepared to spend her life marking time. With each day that passed, her discontent grew. She knew that she was capable of getting so much more from life. She was meant for greater things. She wanted to spread her wings and fly.

Finally, despite George's objections, she followed her heart and in the end, succeeded beyond everyone's expectations, even her own. But her success came at a price. Her marriage died. While she grew as an entrepreneur, she grew out of her relationship with George. And so one Sunday morning, about a year and a half earlier, only a month after their youngest child left home to take a job in another state, they'd sat down to talk about their relationship.

Predictably, George still wanted the old Janet, the one who would always be there in the home preparing meals, doing the laundry and washing the dishes. He was a good man, but he couldn't understand that Janet needed more than that. So, with the children gone and their goals differing dramatically, they separated. Within months, they'd sold the house and George had started seeing other people.

Their divorce had been finalized only a few weeks ago. At about the same time, Janet had hired a General Manager. Now, with someone to provide much needed executive and managerial support, she was finally able to take some time off to relax and recuperate from the stress of her divorce. She couldn't recall the last time that she'd taken a vacation by herself, but it felt good! It was just what she needed.

The sun was climbing higher in the sky and the midday heat would soon be scorching the beach like a blowtorch. But for now, it was still pleasant and Janet was content to sit and soak up the warm ambiance of this beautiful place. One of the beach waiters strode by and she called him over to order one of the sugared rum drinks that she found so irresistible. Minutes later, he was back with her drink in minutes and although it was against the rules, Janet slipped him a generous tip.

The staff at the little resort loved her! Janet was truly friendly and always treated them with the respect that hard working people deserved. Of course the fact that she insisted on tipping, despite the hotel's insistence to the contrary, didn't hurt the level of service that the staff accorded her. Janet had always believed that hard work should be recognized and rewarded. She instinctively knew it was the right thing to do. Likewise, it was a recipe for success in ensuring excellent relations with the staff and island residents. If they liked you, they'd do anything for you. If they didn't like you, they'd go out of their way to avoid you.

As she sipped contentedly on her drink, she noticed what appeared to be a small fishing boat only two or three miles from the beach. It was painted a brilliant red and green and bobbed lightly up and down on the gentle offshore swells. The scene before her was perfectly idyllic. She inhaled the fresh sea air deeply and laid back in her beach chair. As she relaxed, she began watching the progress of the tiny offshore vessel with growing interest. It seemed to be coming closer to shore, and she wondered if it was heading to a small port somewhere along the beach. If it wasn't moored too far away, she'd have to go and take some pictures to show to her staff when she returned.

About half an hour later, Janet headed back to her hotel suite. By then the tiny fishing boat was about a mile down the beach from her hotel and only a few hundred yards offshore. She decided that she'd walk down and have a look at it after lunch.

The dining room in the hotel was busy. It seemed that every table was occupied by couples in love. The guests were all ages, from their twenties to their seventies. Many of them were on honeymoons or on anniversary vacations. Others were simply taking a needed break from the monotony of everyday life back home. Janet was a supremely confident woman and didn't feel in the least insecure about vacationing on her own. Still, in such an enchanted setting, it would have been nice to have had someone with whom you shared a passionate love, by your side.

She wasn't really that hungry, so she decided to sit at the bar and have a fast salad and a drink. She ordered the grouper salad and a fruit punch and as the bartender was fetching it, she turned on her stool to look out over the ocean. She noticed that the small fishing boat that she'd been watching from the beach was just about to disappear behind the shoreline trees.

A minute or two later, the bartender returned with her lunch. As the waiter laid it before her Janet asked, "Excuse me, is there a fishing port just down the shore where that boat is landing?" She pointed out the tiny vessel to the bartender.

"Oh no Ma'am!" he replied, "That's Justin Tyme's boat. Justin is one of only two or three commercial fishermen here on the island. He goes out at around 4 o'clock every morning and returns at noon. He moors his fishing boat at his cottage dock. There aren't any fishing ports here on the island. Our fishermen just tie up to their own private docks. Justin unloads his catch and later in the day, he sells the fish from a small booth at the island outdoor market. It's located only a few hundred yards down the road from his cottage.

Justin's fish are the finest and the freshest that you'll find on the island. His cutlass, cod, snapper and kingfish are always fat and tasty. We have a standing order for a hundred or so pounds each day. He delivers it very early in the morning, just before he goes out to fish. What he has left over after filling our order, he takes to the outdoor market and sells to the local islanders.

Then with a smile he added, "The grouper in your salad was caught by Justin yesterday."

Janet sampled her salad. It was delicious! She smiled at the bartender and remarked, "I'll have to have a look at your market one day. Is it too far to walk?"

"Oh no!" he replied, "Just walk out to the end of the hotel laneway and turn left. The market is down the road about a mile or so. You can't miss it."

Janet finished her lunch and lingered at the bar over a cup of the strong black coffee that everyone in the Caribbean seemed to love. She made small talk with the bartender and watched the guests chatting and relaxing over lunch.

Finally, she glanced at her watch and realized that it was almost one o'clock in the afternoon. She signed the bill that the bartender brought over and with a knowing smile, slipped a generous tip beneath it and slid it across the bar.

She made her way from the bar out to the lobby to check for messages at the front desk. To her surprise there were none. She smiled contentedly and thought out loud, "Phil is doing a great job without me."

Initially, she had resisted turning any control in the company over to another person. After all it was her baby. She'd nurtured it from its infancy and guarded its welfare like a jealous mother, but over the past few years, it had been growing so fast that she'd been faced with tough decision. She'd either have to hire a general manager to help with the overall administration or stop expanding. Faced with those two options, she grudgingly hired an experienced General Manager. She was a born entrepreneur and the prospect of ever having to turn away new business made her blood run cold.

She strode purposefully back to her suite with a happy spring in her step. It was such a beautiful day that she decided to stroll down to the outdoor market the bartender had described. She hurriedly took a shower to wash away the salt and sand from her morning at the beach. As she approached the closet to pick out an outfit, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She stopped and examined her reflection to see if her shoulders or face had been burned by the morning sun. She was relieved to see that there wasn't any trace of a sunburn and although she'd only been here a for few days she was already developing a slight tan.

Janet continued looking at her image carefully. She was pleased to see that her recently adopted regimen of eating more conscientiously and sweating through three miles on her treadmill every morning was paying off. Although she was forty six years old, she could easily pass for thirty five. Her skin was still as soft and as supple as it was when she was in her twenties. Her bright blue eyes sparkled with healthy energy and when she smiled, her soft pouting lips parted to reveal two perfect rows of gleaming white teeth. Her hair had started greying when she was still in her thirties and ever since, she'd been dying it the same natural blonde color. It sloped softly to her shoulders, framing her pretty face perfectly.

She turned slightly to look at her figure in profile. She stood only five feet four inches in height and had a small frame. The years had been kind to her. Her breasts, although a little larger than average, still had a firm, attractive look. Her waist was still as slim as it had been when she first married. Her hips were lean and shapely, giving her the classical hour glass figure that men so adore.

Janet felt good about what she saw in the mirror. She was one of those women whose figure had matured provocatively as she aged. Most women 15 years younger than her would have killed to have such a figure. She was still a shapely size eight and even at age forty six, she had no trouble attracting the attention of much younger men. She ran her hands admiringly over her naked body. She looked good! She was quite satisfied with herself!

She knew she'd be swimming everyday while she was here so she moved a little closer to the mirror to make sure that her bikini line didn't require trimming. She ran her hand softly over the dark triangle of her pubic mound, checking carefully for telltale stubble. Unlike a lot of other women, she opted not to shave her bush. She liked the feel of pubic hair and dreaded the feel of razor stubble scratching against her thighs and catching on her panties. She trimmed the edges of her pubic triangle as she believed that was a civilized thing to do. After all, what woman would want to be seen in public with a mass of tangled pubic hair spilling from beneath her bikini bottoms?

As she ran her hands over the soft triangle of hair, Janet felt a warm, pleasant sensation between her thighs. She hadn't been with a man since she and George broke up more than a year ago and she missed the sexual side of a permanent relationship. George had been her only lover over the 26 years of their marriage. Up to the time she met him, she'd only been intimate with two other boys, both inexperienced teenagers. On both occasions, the sex had been rushed and was over only a few seconds after it started. Prior to her marriage, sex hadn't been a particularly enjoyable experience. Both of her teenage suitors had been long on enthusiasm and short on experience. They'd coaxed her up to a point of receptiveness and once she'd allowed them to satisfy themselves, she was left unfulfilled and frustrated.

Janet wasn't even sure if George was a good lover. She really only had the two awkward teenage suitors to compare him with. It was usually enjoyable when they had sex, but she certainly never saw any fireworks. Her orgasms with George, whenever she was able to have one, were often not as good as those that she was able to give herself by masturbating. Secretly, she'd always wondered if their sexual relationship wasn't a little inhibited, but she never spent more than a few minutes thinking about it. There always seemed to be more pressing issues to be concerned about.

The warm, pleasant, sensation between her thighs had distracted her and for a moment, she considered satisfying herself before she headed off to the island market. But she wasn't sure how long it would take her to get there, so she decided to leave it for later. She quickly selected a soft white blouse from the closet and a pair of pale blue dress shorts to wear with it. Fifteen minutes later she was dressed and, with fresh make up applied, she cast one last glance in the mirror and headed out the door.

The hotel lane way was flanked on each side by tall, stately palm trees. Their long, broad leaves swayed gently in the soft island breeze. Wonderfully colored birds darted from branch to branch, squawking excitedly as Janet made her way out to the road.

In less than two minutes, she arrived at the main thoroughfare. She felt unusually excited at the prospect of visiting an outdoor market, but wasn't quite sure why. She idly speculated that it might be the relaxed pace of living at the hotel. Perhaps it was a little too laid back for someone as dynamic and full of life as she was. Or maybe her natural curiosity was prompting her to get out and socialize with some of the "real"islanders. The people who lived and worked there. Whatever the reason, she turned left and with a happy smile, set off at an enthusiastic pace along the small beach roadway.

It was a beautiful day. It was still early afternoon and although the sun was as hot as a blast furnace, she was quite comfortable. A cooling breeze wafted in from the ocean and the pathway along the side of the road was nicely shaded by overhanging trees and exotic flowers. As she walked along, she made a mental list of the people for whom she'd have to pick up gifts. She knew that her little trip to the local market presented the perfect opportunity to do some shopping for her friends and employees. It would be a nice touch to pick up some authentic island art rather than settling for the tawdry souvenirs that she'd seen at the small airport gift shop when she arrived.

Janet didn't only saw one or two cars as she walked along the roadway. In fact, there was only a handful of cars on the entire island. Most everyone rode bikes or mopeds because gasoline was so expensive. There were far greater priorities than gasoline on which to spend what little money they were able to earn. But the island was small, even by Caribbean standards, and walking was an affordable and effective means of transportation. A government fleet of three or four old buses lumbered along the main highway, at regular intervals, from early morning until dinner time. They all chugged and belched along the same route, a highway that followed the seashore around the entire island. Each bus made two or three complete trips around the island each day so the locals could expect one to pass at least every hour or so.

Janet had been walking for about twenty minutes when she noticed that there were now several people, most of them island natives, moving along the road in the same direction as she was walking. A few were on bicycles or mopeds, but most were on foot. They were in groups of two and three and seemed in high spirits as they walked along chatting happily amongst themselves. Many carried empty shopping bags and baskets and she guessed that the outdoor market couldn't be too much further ahead.

Minutes later, Janet could see busy little shopping center. It was on the inland side of the roadway and was comprised of three or four rows of wooden booths, each measuring about ten feet square. She estimated that there were about thirty five or forty altogether. They were all painted in bright shades of red, blue, green and orange.

There was a fairly large crowd of shoppers. Probably between one and two hundred altogether. They were moving slowly from booth to booth, carefully examining all of the carefully displayed goods at each location. Some lingered and chatted in small groups while others walked slowly from one vendor to the next, inspecting the rows of produce and merchandise with practiced eyes.

Janet strolled over to the first row of booths. There didn't appear to be any particular order or protocol involved in the way the tiny market was set up. She was used to the discipline of American retailers who spent hours studying the most advantageous way of displaying their products. But she wasn't in America and she certainly wasn't in the mood for it's efficiency and discipline. She was on vacation and had plenty of time to enjoy the adventure of learning what was being sold at each individual booth. She began browsing slowly through the disorganized labyrinth.

Erbanluv
Erbanluv
85 Followers