Jared and Norah Ch. 02: Club 74

Story Info
What happens after the grocery store?
4.5k words
4.5
3.6k
00

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/11/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This is the second installment of Jared and Norah's story, which will be told in several parts. Not every part will be sex-laden but will hopefully still be enjoyable to read. ;) To start at the beginning, please read here: http://www.literotica.com/s/the-beginning-jared-and-norah

******************************

"Okay, Norah, what's wrong?"

Norah dragged her gaze from the vodka rocks on the table in front of her, realizing she was being a very poor companion. She looked at Lisa with a small grimace and sighed. "Sorry love, I should have cancelled."

"Oh, shut up!" Lisa smiled at her, blue eyes glinting with amusement as she gave the other woman a mock shove on the shoulder. "You know I'd want to hang out with you even if you were hiding under the table." Lisa took a sip of her own drink, before setting it back down on the dark purple tablecloth, her eyes never leaving Norah's face. "But, I can tell something is obviously going on in that pretty head of yours, and has been for awhile. That's half the reason I wouldn't take no for an answer tonight on coming out with me. So, spill it!" With a saucy flip of her blonde hair, her gaze now leveled intently on her friend's face, like a predator with its prey.

Norah didn't particularly want to share all the salacious details with her best friend, but she knew better than to think she could keep it from her. Lisa was nothing if not persistent. She delayed a minute more, mindlessly toying with the short black straw in her glass.

"When you think about this..." The memory of Jared's voice reverberated in her head, as she replayed the feel of his body pressing down on hers as he spoke huskily in her ear, his hard cock deep inside her. She'd done nothing *but* think about him fucking her, on the desk, in an all but abandoned grocery store.

Shaking her head to dislodge the mental image once again, she felt almost desperate as she brought her attention back to Lisa's face, noting the concern beneath her friend's joie de vivre. "It's nothing much." Norah finally admitted, speaking up as the noise in the bar increased. "I...I met someone."

"Oh my god, and you waited this long to tell me?" Lisa fairly squealed, half excitement and half admonition in her voice. "Girl, who is he? Do I know him?" Her hand reached out and grabbed Norah's forearm, shaking it as if that would cause the words to tumble out more quickly.

"No, I think it's safe to say you don't know him." Norah looked down at her half-empty glass ruefully, pondering how many more it would take her to obliterate the memories completely from her Jared-obsessed brain.

"NORAH!" Lisa exclaimed, startling a couple of people at the table adjacent. Norah gave them a weak smile of apology, as Lisa tried to pull her arm off at the elbow in her fervor to prompt a confession.

"Okay, okay! Hold up!" Norah laughed, retracting her arm and rubbing her wrist. "No need to chafe. I'll tell!"

Lisa sat back knowingly, "It's Neil isn't it? I've seen him nosing around you at work." She motioned to the waiter to bring them another round.

"Neil? Um, no. If he is hovering around me, it's because he wants my job. Besides, I don't think I'm his type." Norah wrinkled her nose at the thought of him. He didn't inspire her to much more of a reaction than mild nausea...he always smelled like garlic. And not in a good way.

"Why not?" Lisa frowned. "You're beautiful and..." her voice trailed off at the look on Norah's face. "Oh not his TYPE. Gotcha." Lisa tossed her blonde hair back and thanked the waiter for the drinks, flashing him a thousand-watt smile. "Keep them coming honey." She winked slyly and he nodded with a grin of his own. Lisa had a way with people especially those of the male persuasion.

"Anyway." Lisa continued, turning her attention back to Norah. "If it's not Neil, then who?" Her gaze pinned Norah to her seat, menacing in the way only a best friend could be.

"His name is Jared." Norah said, transferring the straw from her empty glass to her brand new cocktail and taking a long pull of the concoction. "And there's not much to tell, since we've only just met."

"There's always plenty to tell." Lisa waved away her prevarication with a dismissive movement of her hand. "Where did you meet him?"

Norah relaxed slightly at the question she could easily answer. "The grocery store." Her mind flashed back to his arms hauling her up against his chest, the desire in his eyes, then herself, standing naked in front of him while his gaze traveled over her curves appreciatively.

Lisa looked at her suspiciously, her eyes narrowed on Norah's face, which was turning a light shade of pink. "The grocery store. Okay. And when are you seeing him next?"

Norah swirled the straw, causing the ice to tinkle against the glassware. "Not sure." she said, taking a drink to try and cool off, and delay having to answer for yet another minute. She couldn't meet Lisa's eyes.

"Norah did you..." Lisa started to ask as the penny dropped, the calculating look in her eyes telling Norah she'd figured it out. Before she could say anything else, they were interrupted by a swarthy beast of a God-man, who was devouring Lisa with his eyes. "Dance." He stated, holding out his hand, not even acknowledging the possibility she'd decline. And she didn't, giving him a dazzling smile and slipping her hand into his.

As he started to pull her away, she looked back at Norah, saying tartly, "We're not done, missy!" Norah loudly called after her, hoping to delay the inevitable. "Dance as long as you'd like."

******************************

Jared pushed open the door to the bar, already annoyed at Jay. He hadn't wanted to come out tonight, and traffic had sucked, making him late. He wished Jay had just told him over the phone what was so damn urgent and had to be said in person. It's not like they hadn't just met up last week.

Jared took a calming breath as he looked around the room for the other man, the rational part of his brain reflecting that urgent probably really was urgent. His older brother wasn't prone to hyperbole or drama. He was pretty much a straight arrow.

And that's about the only straight thing about him. Jared amused himself with thinking about the long-standing joke between them, replaying his brother's voice saying that phrase in over-accentuated flamboyance the night he came out to their parents. During dinner for maximum effect.

Not that it had been much of a secret, but it had been important to Jay to be able to say it out loud to his family. He'd told Jared weeks before, which earned him Jared's sardonic response of "duh", and then proceeded to enlist his help to practice what he would say to their parents. Jared supported his plans, but also knew his parents weren't going to be upset, or even particularly surprised by Jay's news. Everyone had known Jay preferred boys since he hit puberty. Regardless, it was still a relief to Jared to be proved right; their parents' response had been to smile, and ask if he was seeing anyone.

Now Jay was happily partnered to a veterinarian, and running a branch office of their father's company. Outside of regular family dinners, he and Jared met usually once a month, on their own for what they called "brother bonding" time. They'd just met last week; it was doubtful he had a burning need to see Jared again so quickly, just for the heck of it.

At least it was Thursday, Jared thought, as he quickly scanned the half empty bar for his brother. The music was loud but there wasn't a crush of bodies adding to his irritation at the choice of venue. He had been to this place a couple of times but not recently; the decor had been updated and a dance floor had been established where the pool tables used to be.

His eyes scanned the room, still not seeing his brother. "Great." he muttered to himself, reaching into his pocket for his cell phone. Before he could retrieve it, he heard a sound that pinged his subconscious and he stopped dead, eyes scanning the tables around the dance floor intently. It was hard to see in the dim light, so he moved further into the room, the quest for his sibling momentarily forgotten.

******************************

Norah took the opportunity while Lisa was away to compose herself, and watched the crowd as the room started to fill up. It wasn't very busy, but then it was still early. This was also a higher-end club, with fewer college students looking for night of utter drunken debauchery, and more business types looking to let their hair down and unwind after a long day.

Norah's team had finished the audits they'd been working and had a brief respite before the next set was scheduled. Norah was taking advantage of it by leaving work at a reasonable hour like a normal person; as such, it meant it was barely 7:30 pm at the bar.

Her mind flashed back again to That Night. She had been so tired, so out of sorts, so keyed up when she saw him. Out of her mind, she told herself for the millionth time. That's the reason she basically threw herself at him, the match strike that propelled them both into the flames. It was an aberration, a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

"Then why have you gone back to the store three times in the last two weeks?" Norah's traitorous mind accused silently. But Norah knew why, even if she couldn't put her finger on the exact nature of it. She knew there was something else, something just outside of her grasp, something she was compelled to discover.

She tapped her finger on the table, watching the dancers adjacent the table with unseeing eyes.

******************************

Jared could hardly believe his eyes. The woman who'd consumed his thoughts for the last two weeks, three days and nineteen hours was right there in the room with him. She looked even more gorgeous than he remembered, her long dark hair pulled back loosely in a clip, her outfit similar to the one she'd briefly worn in his presence before. His cock twitched with the recollection of her perfect body laid bare before him.

He'd given her his card before she left that night, but once he'd gotten her name out of her, she hadn't been forthcoming with any of her other personal details. Jared understood that, to a point; after all, he could boast a certain level of extremely intimate knowledge, and that alone probably made her feel vulnerable. If there was one thing he could do, it was read people. And while he'd seen the swift decision-making ability - hell, he'd been the direct beneficiary of it that night - he also knew that the 'morning after' was a tangible evil. Everything looked clearer in the light of day.

Fortunately for them both, it was dark out right now He didn't need more than a split-second to make his decision. He made his way toward her, threading his way around tables and mingling couples, until he stood behind and to the right of her. Decision made, the threw caution to the wind. After all, the worst thing she could say was no.

******************************

"Hello Norah." the words were spoken quietly behind her right ear, and she jumped in her seat. As if her thoughts had conjured him, Jared stood at her elbow, his tall frame bent as he leaned toward her. She felt her skin prickle with awareness, the tendrils of hair that had escaped her barrette stirring under his breath. Her eyes rounded in shock at seeing him, as he wordlessly motioned to the seat Lisa had vacated, and at her dazed nod, dropped casually into it. His gaze never left her face and she felt herself flushing with heat. He noted it with a slight smile, the warmth of it reaching his eyes as they watched her struggle to gain composure.

"Jared." Norah's voice was low, and she didn't like how breathless it sounded. But then she was having trouble catching her breath...between her surprise at seeing him and her body's instinctive response to his nearness. She frowned slightly at that, her eyes dropping to the tablecloth; after all, it had only been once. Once maybe, the little voice inside her said, but an incredibly hot once.

He looked different than he had that night; the man seated opposite was dressed in well-cut slacks, dress-shirt, and a toning tie. She thought he was good looking before, dressed as a store clerk. The handsome creature sitting opposite her now was a far cry from good looking. Devastating, more like it.

"How are you?" Jared's voice interrupted her train of thought, jarring her back to the man seated in front of her. The waiter appeared at his side before she could respond, and Jared motioned at her drink with the lift of an eyebrow. Wordlessly, she shook her head no, Jared's quiet reply of "We're good here." prompting the other man to wander off.

He remained silent, waiting for her to say something. The seconds ticked by in her head, and she could feel her heartbeat thrumming in her chest. Finally he spoke again, "Norah?"

"Fine. I'm fine." she looked momentarily confused, and then vaguely accusatory, her voice strident as she asked, "How did you find me?"

He looked surprised at her words, leaning back in his chair at her vehemence. "Find you? I didn't. I..." Before he could say another word she pushed back her chair and stood, collecting her purse and looking around a little frantically as she made to leave.

******************************

He moved faster than he thought he could, stepping in front of her as she started to walk past him. "Wait." he held his hands up in front of her, making sure not to actually touch her, but doing what he could to stop her. As she tried to step around him, he dropped his hands, looking at her as she stoically avoided his gaze.

"Norah, please." He spoke quietly. "Please."

At the tone in his voice, she looked at him, and he heard her inhale sharply, desire in every line of her face. His insides melted at that look and it was all he could do not to hustle her off to the nearest dark corner and taste those sweet lips again.

Instead, he chose what he thought was a safer path, at least for now.

"Dance with me." He held out his hand, and with only the slightest hesitation, she gave him hers.

******************************

She allowed him to lead her away from the table, catching a glimpse of Lisa and her Adonis as Jared pulled her to the center of the floor. The music shifted as if on cue from the fast-paced dance beat it had been, to a slower tempo-ed song. Jared pulled her into his arms, fitting her neatly into his frame, while the heavy beat of the song's bass line throbbed through the club like a heartbeat. She felt it right to her core; a visceral experience only enhanced by Jared's embrace.

Norah couldn't decide if she was in heaven or hell, pressed closely against his body once again. It felt good, but every nerve ending she had felt like it was on fire at his nearness, and she knew he could feel her nipples tighten as she pressed against his chest. Her level of awareness of him was disconcerting, but there was also a feeling of rightness about the way they fit together.

"Relax Norah, I don't bite." Jared spoke in a calming voice, as if gentling a scared animal, before adding. "Unless you want me to, that is." She let out the breath she'd been holding at his words, hearing the note of humor in it for what it was.

She looked up at him with an amused look, his face only partially obscured by the low lighting of the dance floor. "Let's see how this dance goes first, okay?"

His hands flexed on her waist at her words, dropping to her hips to pull her more intimately against him. Norah felt his hardness through the thin material of this slacks, not the least bit surprised he was as affected as she was, and her own answering wetness a less obvious testament to their synchronicity. Her amused look faded at the intensity of his gaze down at her through his glasses.

"I didn't know you'd be here tonight. But I won't deny that it's a happy surprise to find you here. I'd hoped to see you again." Jared's spoke near her ear, his lips brushing her skin as he did. Her shiver was involuntary, and at it, he tucked her in impossibly closer. "I was kicking myself for not getting your number that night." He added, his deep voice reverberating through his chest against hers.

"I came by the store." she admitted quietly, before continuing, "I didn't know if I should ask after you. I knew your name, but nothing else." She paused as the song ended, and he indicated taking them back to the table with a nod of his head.

On the way back, Jared stopped her with a gentle hand on her arm. She looked at him questioningly, "Is something wrong?"

Jared looked at her intently, asking "Norah, I want to ask you to leave here with me, right now, and I want to take you to a dark place, strip you naked and make you scream in pleasure. And I want to do it more than once." At his words she flushed, wanting nothing more in that moment than to follow him out the door. He put a finger to her lips as she went to respond, "But I don't want any misunderstandings between us. If that means taking it slower, then we'll do that."

He removed his finger and looked down at her, waiting.

She looked at Jared, assessing, but hesitating. "I only need to know one thing right now." She braced herself to ask the one question she should have asked before they'd slept together.

"Are you attached?" She leaned back to look at him, wanting to see his face. At his look of mild confusion, she continued, "Dating someone? Um...married?"

His face cleared and he grinned down at her. "Other than an amazingly hot woman I met a couple of weeks ago at my job, I'm not involved." He stroked his knuckles along her cheek as he spoke.

Unconsciously she relaxed, and managed to smile at Jared, saying "Wait right here." and started to walk away, then turned around and said, "Please?"

He smiled back at her, "Of course."

******************************

"Are you kidding me?" Lisa looked at Norah incredulously under the almost painfully bright lights of the restroom. Her hands flew up to Norah's face, forcing her to look directly at Lisa. "Are you insane?"

Norah's hands came up to press against Lisa's hands and she laughed at the other woman's expression. "Maybe. Probably!" Norah felt giddy, excited, like a teenager, throwing caution to the wind and just operating on emotion.

Lisa laughed at Norah's uncustomary frivolity and pulled her hands away in a gesture of helplessness. "So you're telling me you met him, fucked him in the space of moments, and haven't seen him until he just walked into the club tonight." She shook her head. "Sounds like I'm starting to rub off on you." At Norah's nod, she continued, more seriously. "Norah, I've been telling you to let loose for a long time now. While I'm happy you're doing this," Lisa's voice stress fell on the word "I'm", she continued, "Are you sure it's really what you want to do? You don't really do casual."

Norah nodded at Lisa, her mind racing a thousand miles a minute as she tried to formulate a response. "Honestly Lisa, I don't know. I've never felt such an immediate connection to anyone, and I have no idea where it's going, if anywhere. But I do know that tonight at least, I want to do this."

She turned around to check her face in the mirror, proclaiming "Ugh!" and starting to fuss with her hair, mostly as a way to distract herself from thinking too hard about why this man, this situation. Lisa stopped her, with a good-natured, "Shut up." before continuing, "You're gorgeous and you're keeping that man and hot sex waiting. GO."

Norah kissed her cheek, saying as she left the room "I'll call you."

Lisa replied following her out the door, "You'd better." she laughed before saying seriously, "Norah, be safe."

"Promise."

******************************

Jared was waiting at the end of the bar for Norah, as she had requested. He had correctly surmised that she was here with someone - as the thought crossed his mind, he hoped it was a girlfriend and not a date - and needed to let them know she was leaving.

12