Jean: The Box Cutter Murders Ch. 03

Story Info
Jean Catches a Break.
13.9k words
4.57
8.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
loerics
loerics
958 Followers

Content Warning: The following chapter is part of a novel-length murder mystery with graphic violence and gratuitous non-consensual sex. Since I am writing for Literotica, the story contains more sex than mystery. Sensitive readers should look elsewhere for entertainment.

This story is in Nonconsent/Reluctance for a reason.

Sensitive readers should look elsewhere for entertainment.

*****

This story took place in 1977. There were no DNA tests, no cell phones, no internet, and computers were scarce.

Chapter Three: Born to Run

After Samuel dropped off his girls for the night, he drove me as close to Temple University as he dared. I had a couple of blocks to walk dressed as some Japanese businessman's dream of an innocent schoolgirl. I just hoped I didn't run into anyone I knew or worse yet the campus police. I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached the dorm and started climbing the stairs. As usual, someone was playing their music too loud. It took me a minute to realize it was Saturday night and the summer students were partying. With any luck, the party was on some other floor. That would mean my floor would be deserted.

Of course, the party was on my floor. The stairs I was on led to a large common area. A hallway at each end of the communal area led to a dozen dorm rooms each of which housed two students. There were emergency exits at both ends of the building, but after dark, the doors were alarmed. I had no choice but to pass through the party.

The doorway at the top of the stairs had a poster for a costume party. I had to laugh since I was certainly dressed for the occasion. The communal area was packed with students gyrating to pounding rock. I stopped in the doorway trying to adjust to the darkened room lit only by a couple of strobe lights. The air was filled with the heavy odor of spilt beer, sweat, and marijuana. At least the very hot and humid weather had changed to just hot and humid. Naturally, the heat didn't slow anyone down; it was just an excuse to drink more beer.

I walked around the edge of the room hoping not to be noticed and made it to my hallway. I slipped through the door and started to relax. No one was going to catch this little schoolgirl. I spoke too soon. A tall, muscular student exited the men's room next to me. He was dressed in a skimpy piece of bed sheet that was supposed to be a summer toga. The skimpy garment revealed a muscular chest with a few curly blond hairs as well as long, athletic legs.

Niles, a third-year law student, was drop-dead gorgeous and came from a wealthy family. He had played quarterback for Michigan and was well on his way to a career in his father's prestigious law firm in New York City. Just like every other girl at Temple, I'd had a crush on him since the first time I saw him in class. My boyfriend from Cornell and I had gone separate ways, and I thought I was free to dream. Unfortunately, dreaming about Niles was all I could manage, since he never gave me a glance. It seemed he had a new blond on his arm every weekend.

By my third year in law school, I had quit fantasizing about Niles. Besides, my former boyfriend from Cornell had invited me out every summer since we went our separate ways. He had finally landed a high paying job in an aerospace laboratory and was looking for someone to share the rest of his life. Evidently his plan to date a lot of California girls wasn't working out, and I was still the focus of his attention. I'd gotten over his snub and was planning on moving to Palo Alto and living with him after I finished summer school.

Like me, Niles had also flunked contract law and was forced to repeat it if he wanted to graduate. All he had to do was pass this one course, and he could join his daddy's law firm on Wall Street. Unfortunately for his planned life of luxury, he was having as much trouble with the class as I was. Evidently being wealthy and attractive didn't help with contracts law. It wasn't looking good for Niles' chances of passing.

I had taken one of the capsules of speed Samuel had given me and planned on hitting the books until it wore off. It seemed, Niles had had something else more fun in mind.

Although he hadn't paid attention to me for three years, he was now staring at me with a puzzled look. His face broke out into a big grin. I guess he liked scantily clad schoolgirls. He put his hands on my shoulders, and I staggered back against the wall. He was shit faced.

He confirmed to me how drunk he was when he said, "Damn, where have you been all of my life?"

"Well for one, I am in your contracts law class, and I need to study if I'm going to pass."

Niles looked puzzled again. Either he didn't recognize me or the idea of studying, especially on a Saturday night, was foreign to him.

"You're pulling my leg. I'm sure I would remember someone as sexy as you in my contracts law class."

"Maybe, because I don't go to class dressed as a demented young school girl out of a Japanese anime. My normal outfit during the school year consists of sweatpants and a hooded Cornell athletic shirt. I've rarely seen you in class all summer, so maybe you wouldn't know what I look like in my summer outfit of shorts and a Cornell tee shirt."

"Oh, so you're the Cornell girl. I always wondered what you looked like under those baggy sweats. It looks like I have been missing out. I think I would like to get to know you better. Come on. Let's get a drink and dance a bit."

"I think I really need to study. I cannot afford to flunk this class again."

"My Daddy always told me to make sure I recharged my batteries regularly, or I would burn myself out. A burned-out lawyer is useless to everyone. Come on little schoolgirl. You need to take a break. You'll learn better tomorrow if you have some fun tonight. Besides, I need a dance partner and the chance to know you better."

There were two things Niles had going for him besides being gorgeous and wealthy. He had a big ego and the ability to persuade people. These were both useful qualities for partners in a Wall Street law firm. Niles sucked at research and preparation. He had been careful to pick teammates who were good at research when he had to participate in moot court. I had watched him deliver his teammates arguments with elegance and confidence that I would never be able to duplicate. I'm sure his daddy's law firm had plenty of interns to do the research that would make him look good.

The bottom line is that I let Niles lead me back into the party. We stopped for a quick beer before joining the throng on the dance floor. For the first hour, we drank a lot of beer and danced to one raucous number after another. We only stopped for a cold beer between dances. I had no illusions that Niles was interested in anything more than a one-night stand, but I was enjoying myself. Working on David's case was stressing me out. Niles was right; I needed to unwind.

Niles saw my reaction when someone put on Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run. After we danced to Bruce's anthem, he announced that he had a couple of tickets for a Springsteen concert next Saturday in New Jersey and asked me to come with him. He said none of the girls who were around for the summer were fans. He saw me hesitate, so he elaborated that the seats were in the sixth-row center. I told him I would have to think about it when he said we would be staying at a motel overnight after the performance so we could enjoy the concert. I knew all too well what any red-blooded American man would expect in return. Still, Niles wasn't looking for anything long-term, and his gorgeous body had been the focus of many of my fantasies the last three years. How far was I willing to go to see my rock and roll idol, Bruce Springsteen?

When I didn't jump at his offer, he pressed harder and somehow managed to speak with a straight face, "I understand you are nervous. I have a reputation for being a lady's man. I admit, I love women, but I've never mistreated a woman. I was an Eagle Scout and still believe in the part of the oath about being morally straight. I try to live my life with honesty, and to be a person of strong character."

"So, I'm supposed to believe all of those beautiful women hanging on your arm week after week were after you because you are a person of strong character? Are you telling me you weren't leading them on with promises they would be your wife?"

"I admit it helps to be a quarterback in college and to come from a wealthy family, but I never told any of them I was looking for a wife. I never forced any of them to go out with me or have sex. I've had several women say no at the last minute. I've always respected their request no matter how much I wanted them. Several times I've slept next to a gorgeous woman who was too drunk to consent. My playboy reputation is a result of the number of women I have dated and not my behavior toward them. I promise I'll treat you with respect if you come to the concert with me."

Maybe I had misjudged Niles because I was jealous of his wealth and social life. I certainly wanted to go to the Bruce Springsteen concert.

"Niles, the concert sounds great. Can I think about it overnight?"

"Sure, but if you wait too long, I'll have to call an escort service. Sorry, just kidding."

#

When it got later, the student selecting the music switched to slow numbers. Niles pulled me into his arms and twirled me around the room. I was surprised at his considerable skill as a ballroom dancer. My Mom had started me in dance classes as a young girl. I rarely found a partner who could challenge me. We were dancing hard, and I had a big grin on my face that was heightened by a lot of beer.

Niles used the opportunity to run his hands over my bare flesh. My outfit left a lot of exposed skin, and the big ex-Quarterback seemed determined to explore every inch of it. When I was facing him, his hands slid under my short-pleated skirt to cup my bare ass cheeks. When he held me from behind, he ground his erection into my ass and slid his hands up my abdomen. He didn't let my short, translucent top stop his big hands from sliding underneath and cupping my bare breasts. I was enjoying myself for the first time in days. Letting Niles feel me up was the price I was willing to pay for having a skilled dance partner. I was all too aware that Niles's objective was to get me in his bed so he could add me to his lengthy list of conquests. I had no intention of joining this list tonight, but I was walking a fine line with all the beer I had consumed. The constant stimulation of his strong hands was also working against my resolve.

I broke away from his grasp when he tried to slide a hand down the front of my skirt. I knew my resistance would crumble if he managed to rub his fingers across my clit. I backed against a wall and stared at him. I was panting, and sweat plastered my thin top to my breasts. His fumbling fingers had pushed my tiny skirt so far down my hips my small patch of pubic hair was in danger of exposure. His probing fingers had aroused my nipples to hard points. My nipples and dusky pink areolas were clearly visible through the transparent material with every flash of the strobe lights.

Niles put his hands on the wall on either side of my face and smiled. "Jean, I love dancing with you. You've got me aroused, and I can tell you want me too. Our bodies were made for each other. Let's go to my room and get to know each other better. Tomorrow we can study, but tonight we need each other. Studies show that physical contact helps you learn better, and I need all of the help I can get."

"Sorry, Niles. My first year in law school I would have been happy to take you up on your offer, but now I have a boyfriend, and I don't believe in casual sex."

Maybe you find my protest hard to believe after fucking Jamel, Youssef, and the football players, but that wasn't casual sex in my mind. I had been trying to obtain evidence to free David. Besides, no matter how much I had enjoyed it, I hadn't willing had sex with any of them. Perhaps I was splitting hairs. The beer combined with speed and lack of sleep made thinking hard.

"I'm not offering casual sex. I'm offering amazing sex. I may be a below average law student, but I have made a serious effort to learn how to pleasure a woman. I am offering you thirty minutes in heaven."

Niles was drop dead gorgeous, and my hands had also explored his body as we danced. I had no doubts that his promise of ecstasy was truthful. I was afraid Niles's silver tongue would overwhelm my defenses if he kept pressing. Instead, he made it easy for me. I doubt I was the first woman to play hard to get, but tonight he lost his confidence. I saw a glimmer of doubt in his eyes, and he changed tactics.

"Look, Jean, I know you're just as worried as I am about passing contract law. I have something that can guarantee we will pass. All I'm asking in return is thirty minutes of pleasure that I promise you will enjoy as much as me."

"What are you talking about? Our contracts' professor is the toughest teacher in the law school. The only way to pass is to study hard. There are no shortcuts."

Niles smiled, "The only shortcut you need is the questions on the final. That is what I am offering in exchange for something we will both enjoy."

I was horrified. I'd gotten caught cheating in grade school, and my mother was called in for a conference. My mother was a high school teacher, and her disappointment in me had made a permanent impression. I had no intention of ever doing it again.

I ducked under Niles's arms and said, "Niles, you can do whatever you want with your life, but I'm not interested. If I cannot pass on my own, then maybe I don't deserve to be a lawyer.

I hurried off to my room. I heard Niles yell my name, but the spell was broken. I figured he had only been interested in me because of the scarcity of conquests on the campus during the summer. I locked the apartment door in case he decided to follow me. My roommate was still at the party, and I hoped she had her key. I was so exhausted, I doubted she would be able to wake me once I fell asleep. I set my alarm for noon and crawled into bed for some needed sleep.

I jerked awake and sat up in a panic. I rushed over to my chest of drawers and searched for my birth control pack. In my paranoid obsessing, I had worried that I had missed three or more days. It wasn't as bad as I had feared; I had only missed the two nights I was at Samuel's place. That wasn't good, and I got more anxious as I read the warnings on the back of the pack. It stated, "You could become pregnant if you miss taking your pill by more than 3 hours. Take a pill as soon as remembered and take the next pill at the usual time (which means you may take two pills in one day)." I took two pills and stared at the warning. Shit! Three hours, how about 48? The warning went on to state that a backup contraception method should be used if one had sex after missing a pill. It didn't say anything about having unprotected sex multiple times with multiple partners. There was nothing I could do now except crawl back into bed and cry myself to sleep.

#

The next morning when I stumbled into the kitchen, I found the coffee tin was empty again. My roommate had left a note apologizing for taking the coffee I had purchased for the party. I cursed the inconsiderate bitch and settled for a tablet of speed with my peanut butter sandwich.

The speed did wonders for my ability to focus on contract law. I took another tab before dinner and studied until nearly three in the morning. Monday morning, I repeated the combination of speed and a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. I powered through the weekly quiz in contract law and finished before time was called. I felt great about the test and ended up with a 95. Too bad I had botched the previous quizzes. Still, there were several more quizzes before the final which by itself counted for 60% of the grade. The grading on the class was pass/fail. If I could ace the last few quizzes and the final, I would pass the class. I didn't need Niles's help. The only thing standing between me and my belated law degree was my legal aid elective.

After class Niles approached me and said, "Jean, about last night ..."

"Don't worry, Niles. I'm not interested in discussing your activities with anyone. It's your life."

"OK, but my offer to take you to the Bruce Springsteen concert still stands. I promise I'll behave. I just want to go with someone who appreciates Springsteen as much as I do."

"Oh, thanks. I'm still thinking about it."

I left Niles and hurried off for lunch. I had a Philly cheese steak sandwich from one of the trucks just off campus. It left me feeling pleasantly stuffed. The two cups of strong coffee I had with the sandwich tasted wonderful.

I was on top of the world when I arrived at Michael's office. I planned on hitting him with both barrels for screwing up the sting before I relayed what I had learned from Marian.

Before I could register my anger, Michael rose from his chair and came around his desk. "Jean, I'm so sorry about what happened Friday night. Samuel told me you and Marian went off in another Cadillac before my guys arrived. Are you all right?"

I stood with my hands on my hips and put on my best mad face. "All right? Are you kidding? Marian and I got picked up by half the front line of the Eagles. Those giant Neanderthals fucked the shit out of us, and I'm still walking funny."

"Jean, I'm terribly sorry. Nothing like that was supposed to happen. We were so careful with our plans. Is Marian all right?"

I was still scowling when I said, "Marian's just fine. She thought we had a great night. Now we're best friends, and she wants me to work with her. Hell, Samuel even offered me a job. Thanks to you, if I flunk contract law, I have a job offer as a high paid whore."

"I'm glad to hear Marian considers you a friend. Does that mean she talked to you about the night her friend was killed?"

I shook my head in disbelief. It was like he was following a recipe he had learned years ago. His expression of concern was only intended to placate me so he could learn the information he needed to win his case. I would never be a hard-boiled trial lawyer. I wasn't born with the necessary personality defects and didn't know how to acquire the self-serving egotism required.

"Marian told me the last time she saw Inesa, her friend was going off with Jamel, Youssef, and another young man. She said her pimp didn't trust Jamel and Youssef, so he followed them to make sure they paid."

The professor stared at the wall behind me for a moment before he said, "I know her pimp. His mother must have hated him from birth to give him a name like Herod. He's every bit as nasty as his Biblical namesake. Did Marian mention where Herod followed them?"

"She said they gave Herod the slip, but didn't say how or where. He was so mad he beat Marian when he returned."

"It would be very useful to know if Herod followed Inesa and the boys to the part of town where she was murdered. However, I wouldn't feel safe having you interview him unless he was in police custody and wearing chains."

I sat quietly as Michael stared at the ceiling for a moment.

"Marian's statement about the boys going off with Inesa may be important if it's true. Is she sure of their identities? Please tell me you didn't plant a false memory by showing her a picture of the three boys."

"I didn't need to show her a picture. She described them all in detail including Youssef's scar. There is no question Inesa went off with them. She was even definite about the time. Saint Anne's bells chimed once as they walked off. It was one o'clock."

loerics
loerics
958 Followers